Let it GO! Decluttering (simplifying) your life of (people, places or things) success stories?

Replies

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    go10More wrote: »
    Thanks for the great ideas! :)

You are so very welcomed and I too am thanking and so very grateful to/for all those who've replied. Wow, such ideas and encouragement/inspiration/HELP I've been given here~YAY and {{{ <3 Hugs and High Fives <3 }}} to EVERYONE that replied...y'all ROCK, period.
  • New_Atti2ude
    New_Atti2ude Posts: 114 Member
    Thanks I needed this. Speaks volumes.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Yep. All this. I began my foray into minimalism around the same time I started my weight loss journey. Over 110 pounds and many bags of stuff gone.

WOW! You're looking absolutely terrific! 110lbs forever gone is a HUGE accomplishment, just amazing. YAY YOU and thank you so much for sharing <3o:)<3
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Piqueaboo wrote: »
    it was a mix of seeing my mother (who has a hoarding problem) sitting in her little kitchen with only a tiny corner of the table that wasn’t covered

good for you getting a handle on it. my father is living a lot like that, and the bitter part is that he's been a complete minimalist his whole life. the entire x thousand cubic metres of assorted junk belongs to this hoarder 'friend' of his, who just sees his house as 'more free storage for me' and goes full mental at the idea of being asked even a portion of it somewhere else. so he could, like, get into one or two of his own closets for instance.

i hope your mom finds a way through it. i suspect the house my dad's 'friend' lives in is probably pristine and she herself has all the space she could want, so i can't honestly pretend to have a shred of compassion for her. it's like 'fine, you can be mentally ill, but go do it at the expense of someone who's younger than ninety *kitten* two years old'.

• Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,130 Member
    Orphia wrote: »
    Since April 2015 when I started at MFP, I've lost 80 lbs and kept it off for 20 months. In that time, I've thrown out loads of old crap.

While I was losing weight, I had the pleasure of "shopping" in my wardrobe for skinnier clothes that fit me again.

I now fit all my favourite skinny clothes, and I've thrown out all my fat clothes. So many bags of clothes donated to the op shop!

I've also done a lot of spring-cleaning and de-cluttered the whole house, because I've become very active, and much less lazy.

NEAT (non-exercise activity thermogenesis calorie-burning for the win!)

I've thrown out loads of books, and worn-out linen, and kitchen crap. The house feels so much nicer to live in.

I think my decluttering inspired my husband, as he's done a lot himself with his things since I started.

I love this thread, it's a refreshing topic!

Oh I wish that would happen in my household :'(
  • dragthewaters1991
    dragthewaters1991 Posts: 45 Member
    I have a pile of stuff that I'm trying to declutter and just can't. It's been there for almost a year now. I've given away some of it on Craigslist. But the problem is that most of the time I try to give away something on Craigslist, people flake out on me, like they say they want to come over that day and then never respond again. Originally I didn't want to give away these items to Goodwill because some of them are small (tons of holiday decorations), others are slightly damaged (like a lamp with a broken switch or a metal water bottle with rust inside it), and Goodwill has several huge dumpsters behind the donation center where they throw away a lot of donations. But it's just been hanging around forever and I'm tired of looking at it, plus I need the bin it's stored in for something else. Then I have a huge bookcase I want to donate and I have no idea how I'm going to get rid of that since it can't even fit in our vehicle. It's really frustrating and it makes me feel like I can't make any progress.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!