30's Corner

Options

Replies

• glammooreghoul
    glammooreghoul Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »
    I honestly feel like we are the last generation of common sense, yall! Idiocracy at it's finest bo'! I swear.

I think you will find every generation thinks that.

The previous generation ruined the world and the following generation are idiots who have it too easy.

This is true. I remember growing up hearing my dad complain about folks.
  • glammooreghoul
    edited December 2017
    Options
    operatique wrote: »
    Hi all! 30/Chicago here.

How many of us 30 somethings own a home? I'm trying to buy a condo but with student loans it's not happening.

At least I've lost 16 pounds this year! 19 to go!

I'm a homeowner...but not because I could afford to buy it. I live in a SUPER SMALL town were 2 bedroom houses sell for about 15-20 grand. A little mill town. My dad and mom got remarried after being divorced for 20 years. When they got hitched again, they bought a bigger house and gave my sister and I their old ones. My dad gave me his bachelor pad as a wedding gift. I got very very lucky because with my student loan and hospital debt, it's preventing me from doing anything. The trouble I am having right now to get a car is ridiculous.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Hi all! 30/Chicago here.

How many of us 30 somethings own a home? I'm trying to buy a condo but with student loans it's not happening.

I'm a homeowner...but not because I could afford to buy it. I live in a SUPER SMALL town were 2 bedroom houses sell for about 15-20 grand. A little mill town. My dad and mom got remarried after being divorced for 20 years. When they got hitched again, they bought a bigger house and gave my sister and I their old ones. My dad gave me his bachelor pad as a wedding gift. I got very very lucky because with my student loan and hospital debt, it's preventing me from doing anything. The trouble I am having right now to get a car is ridiculous.

20k? how small is small? I spent that much on a car :tongue:
  • glammooreghoul
    Options
    Hi all! 30/Chicago here.

It's small. Like almost 900 sq. ft. not including the porch. I love it. Perfect size for my husband and I. We even have an extra bedroom if someone needs to crash here.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Hi all! 30/Chicago here.

It's small. Like almost 900 sq. ft. not including the porch. I love it. Perfect size for my husband and I. We even have an extra bedroom if someone needs to crash here.

Maybe I am getting my imperial to metric conversions wrong but that does sound very small. Do you and your husband get on each others nerves a lot being in close proximity?

Is it two storey?
  • glammooreghoul
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Hi all! 30/Chicago here.

Maybe I am getting my imperial to metric conversions wrong but that does sound very small. Do you and your husband get on each others nerves a lot being in close proximity?

Is it two storey?

It's single but has huge ceilings. I've actually said if I ever get enough money, I wanna turn the attic into a loft. It's a decent size. My kitchen is huge. The downfall is my washer and dryer are in here. And we do pretty good together. He works a lot thought so that might be why. Lol.

Honestly, the worst part about any of it is the town. It's small. One red light. A piggly wiggly and a Dollar General. If you need anything that doesn't involve those 2, you have to drive 20 minutes, at least.

• MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    I own a home with my husband. But, I was also fine renting. If not for him, I probably would just rent the rest of my life. The responsibility of homeownership makes me a little queasy and anxious.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    Also, now I have the Saved by the Bell theme song stuck in my head. Thanks guys. Lol.
  • EvanK84
    EvanK84 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Good morning beautiful people!
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    And good evening to you kind sir!
  • SouthernMamaUnderConsruction
    Options
    Do you guys remember the show step by step?
  • EvanK84
    Options

Good Day! lol , How are you this fine winters evening?
  • Versicolour
    Options
    EvanK84 wrote: »

Very good, lol, although it is summer for me!! I managed to cool down a bit fixing the swimming pool thingy (we call it a creepy crawly. I guess you guys across the pond call it a barracuda?). Still pretty hot though. Almost time to braai!!!

One of us is living upside-down and back to front
  • Versicolour
    Options
    Do you guys remember the show step by step?

I loved that!
    https://youtu.be/Pv1WfG3bFO0
  • CryingBlue
    CryingBlue Posts: 270 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Step by step was awesome. I loved that show. And family matters.

How is everyone today. And I'm also wondering what brought us 30 somethings to MFP?

I myself have been an on and off again member since 2014. I'm just now finding success in my weight loss. Logged in 135 days in a row today. My main goals are to get to a healthy weight and better shape. I'll have to set better fitness goals later.
  • Versicolour
    Options
    CryingBlue wrote: »
    Step by step was awesome. I loved that show. And family matters.

How is everyone today. And I'm also wondering what brought us 30 somethings to MFP?

I myself have been an on and off again member since 2014. I'm just now finding success in my weight loss. Logged in 135 days in a row today. My main goals are to get to a healthy weight and better shape. I'll have to set better fitness goals later.

My main goal is to look awesome so my ex can suck it!!

Haha! Seriously though, I was diagnosed with insulin resistance and need to get my weight in check to reverse that. Plus I want to inspire my boys to stay fit and healthy
  • EvanK84
    Options

Very good, lol, although it is summer for me!! I managed to cool down a bit fixing the swimming pool thingy (we call it a creepy crawly. I guess you guys across the pond call it a barracuda?). Still pretty hot though. Almost time to braai!!!

LMBO! Nope , I'm right here with ya :D I'm in Texas . I remember when I was a little kid and seeing my grandma's in her pool, it was on the deep side and was like hell no .
  • Versicolour
    Options

LMBO! Nope , I'm right here with ya :D I'm in Texas . I remember when I was a little kid and seeing my grandma's in her pool, it was on the deep side and was like hell no .

:lol:
    Ah! Texas! My kind of people!
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    CryingBlue wrote: »
    I miss my tamagotchi, I loved that thing.

I left mine on top of the microwave when I cooked something and after that it died like every day.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    Oh boy my favorite song on the radio just came on. Better hit record.

mra8qnjviyqq.png

And I didn't have a 2-in-1 so I held a tape recorder up to my alarm clock radio.