Is anybody here trying to lose weight via keto? I'm finding it hard to go a whole day...

Options
...without giving in to my cravings. Does or did anybody have any problems getting started on keto? I need to lose about 100lbs (I'm 6'2", 21m, and 290lbs(.

Replies

• KingPeasant
    KingPeasant Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    If keto is hard to stick to, then perhaps it's not for you. There's nothing magical about keto, it's just another way to do a calorie deficit. How long have you been at keto?
    I did keto about a month ago for three weeks and lost 20lbs in water weight. I cheated for one day and have struggled to get back on since then!
  • KingPeasant
    KingPeasant Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    join the Keto group, they are a wealth of ideas and help. I have been doing Keto for over 6 months now and have lost 16kg. YES it is hard to start and sometimes continue but so is any new way of eating after years of food abuse.

I'm 21 y/o and have been abusing food for all those years. I'm glad to hear it's not just me who found it a bit of a struggle with keto. I'll join the group on here. Hopefully, I can get back on the wagon for longer than 24 hours.
  • ThinManRuning
    ThinManRuning Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    i look forward to see you there... http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1143-keto
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    ...without giving in to my cravings. Does or did anybody have any problems getting started on keto? I need to lose about 100lbs (I'm 6'2", 21m, and 290lbs(.

is there a medical reason you need to cut carbs?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    ladyreva78 wrote: »
    If keto is hard to stick to, then perhaps it's not for you. There's nothing magical about keto, it's just another way to do a calorie deficit. How long have you been at keto?
    I did keto about a month ago for three weeks and lost 20lbs in water weight. I cheated for one day and have struggled to get back on since then!

20lbs in 3 months?

3 weeks
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    ladyreva78 wrote: »

20lbs in 3 months?

3 weeks

Thank you for catching that... I shouldn't be typing early in the morning before coffee :smile:
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Zobakka wrote: »
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    err, excuse me, forgive me, err, @Zobakka , kindly do point out your sources for this insightful information! Please and thank you?

My sources are my experience that helped me lost nearly 50 lbs in 5 months. I think use Keto with 290 lbs is as use a cannon to kill a fly. There are more effective ways, as RuNaRoUnDaFiEld said.

Where did I say there are more effective ways?

All WOE will be as effective as the next if the CICO are the same long term.