Honey Boo Boo; your thoughts?

Options

Replies

• devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I don't watch it, but I read interviews about them -- apparently Mama June set up trusts for the girls and they live according to a financial plan -- so they live responsibly - so I mean, yeah. Make fun if these peeps all you want -- they seem happy and are getting paid.
  • Nishi2013
    Nishi2013 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I do have to say that Honey Boo Boo was discovered from that TLC show Toddlers and Tiaras, but the only one, THE ONLY ONE, who got her own spin off show was Honey Boo Boo's family.

Just goes to show sometimes personality sells.

It wasn't personality. They just happened to be the trashiest on that circuit. More drama= more money on reality Tv.
  • cynthiadmail
    cynthiadmail Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I watch it, I like it. Would i let my kids watch it. No Do I like it on TLC not really but there it is.
    I at least agree with the fact that June has all her girls with her, and is doing the best that she can for them.

If their 15 minutes of fame is going to help take care of her girls for the rest of their lives. I dont have a problem watching the show .
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    11945_1348171952.gif
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I don't watch it, but I read interviews about them -- apparently Mama June set up trusts for the girls and they live according to a financial plan -- so they live responsibly - so I mean, yeah. Make fun if these peeps all you want -- they seem happy and are getting paid.

My thoughts exactly. I read somewhere that after this season they decided to stop filming. So these "dumb" rednecks swooped in, made their money and are getting out...yeah, sounds real dumb.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Not my cup of tea. But there is obviously an audience for it, since it made it to another season.

Personally I'm watching Master Chef right now and will watch Top Chefs on Bravo afterwards. You can tend to see the nature of the shows I watch. LOL I'm such a foodie.

And anything with Chef Gordon Ramsay, I'm definitely watching.

Well God yes but that cause Ramsey/Ramsay? is a sex God in the kitchen. You know if he is that meticulous there it's gotta run off into other areas...at least in my fantasy world.
  • ldrosophila
    Options
    I do have to say that Honey Boo Boo was discovered from that TLC show Toddlers and Tiaras, but the only one, THE ONLY ONE, who got her own spin off show was Honey Boo Boo's family.

Just goes to show sometimes personality sells.

It wasn't personality. They just happened to be the trashiest on that circuit. More drama= more money on reality Tv.

I dont think so you had plenty of trashy parents with their poor children on that show, but the one that stuck out was that little fireball making her belly talk. I dont think the show is that drama filled either.
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I actually think its pretty funny.

What I liked MOST about it is that they are SO HAPPY! Everyone looks down on them and may think they have nothing and wonder how they live like they do, but they love each other and they're happy. And they don't care about what the rest of the world thinks of them. They're true to themselves and they're not ashamed of who they are. I think its great.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    1. Makes me glad I don't have cable
    2. According to Stephen Colbert she will be president in 50 years.
  • ittyXbittyXbritty
    Options
    I've never watched it because I have better things to do with my time than watch trash like that
  • 84woolf
    84woolf Posts: 153
    Options
    *changes the channel*
  • angelams1019
    Options
    I think some people like the show because they think it's funny. Others watch it to feel superior.

I don't really watch, but I've seen episodes; I think they're one of the happiest reality TV families I've ever seen. They seem to love one another lots. It's nice.

YESS!! Thats EXACTLY how I feel!
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options

My thoughts exactly. I read somewhere that after this season they decided to stop filming. So these "dumb" rednecks swooped in, made their money and are getting out...yeah, sounds real dumb.

you may not like them and you may not find them funny but they're not stupid. She has set up trusts, doesnt own credit cards, coupons to save money for the pagents. They love eachother, even if its thru a green cloud of fart gas, and they stick close to one another and love being together as a family.

There are a lot of people who look down on 'rednecks' or 'white trash' who dont posess these qualities.

edit: i like the show, i never liked toddlers and tiaras cause im not for exploiting the sexuality of young girls but i enjoy the family togetherness and differentness of Honey Boo boo aka smooshie
  • ldrosophila
    Options

you may not like them and you may not find them funny but they're not stupid. She has set up trusts, doesnt own credit cards, coupons to save money for the pagents. They love eachother, even if its thru a green cloud of fart gas, and they stick close to one another and love being together as a family.

There are a lot of people who look down on 'rednecks' or 'white trash' who dont posess these qualities.

edit: i like the show, i never liked toddlers and tiaras cause im not for exploiting the sexuality of young girls but i enjoy the family togetherness and differentness of Honey Boo boo aka smooshie

Hey anyone who owns a pig named "Glitzy" is A-OK in my book. BTW love the avatar you're probably up to a 90 now. I've been trying to level my damn night elf for months now I think I'm at an 87, LOL!
  • Ninguneado73
    Options
    "Entertainment" ? ....it is not...those who watch it do not do it for entertainment.
  • Dorothy4208
    Dorothy4208 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I always thought to be one of the little pagent girls you had to be pretty and in a certain weight group.... so how this lil girl made it???

I really don't think this person was trying to start a huge debate or give this little girl self esteem issues or stuff like that. The fact of the matter is, pageants usually prefer children to be in a certain weight class, just like adult pageants. I don't watch the show, but sadly I've seen coverage in magazines and such. I think she's cute, but not cute enough to be competitive. I'm sure she's sweet and smart and if she were in my life I would love her unconditionally like all kids in my life.
  • angelams1019
    Options
    Speaking of....Here Comes Honey Boo Boo! *Tunes into TLC*
  • angelams1019
    Options
    I don't care about what any of you guys say! This little girl is HILARIOUS!
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    She cracks me up! Because of her I say "SGHETTI"!
  • calismoonelf
    calismoonelf Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Watching that show will make your brain go on a diet.