Honey Boo Boo; your thoughts?

Options

Replies

• lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    Prespective...it's a hella drug

I can see the warning label now: may cause feelings of empathy and loss of self righteousness.
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    So, correct me if I'm wrong.
    They're getting paid a lot more money than most well educated, hard working, productive members of our society?
    Guess my parents got it wrong when they told me to study hard, be responsible and teach my children the same...

yep. Stupid people make more money these days. See: Every reality TV show made. The ONLY "reality" TV show worth watching is Duck Dynasty.
  • j3an22
    j3an22 Posts: 77
    Options
    It may be harsh but it is my thoughts about the family.

bunch of lazy grown people wanting attention in a stupid, idiotic way and that what they are famous for. I think. Other than alania in beauty pageants.

Honestly? I would not want my daughters or sons (if I have kids someday) to act like they do. they need to teach the kids disciplines and manners.

especially alania, she old enough to know a lot of manners she does not care to do.
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    They're getting paid a lot more money than most well educated, hard working, productive members of our society?
    Guess my parents got it wrong when they told me to study hard, be responsible and teach my children the same...

yep. Stupid people make more money these days. See: Every reality TV show made. The ONLY "reality" TV show worth watching is Duck Dynasty.

And they are self made millionaires.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options

Duck Yoga?

2mhhc81.jpg
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options

Why do the Beverly Hillbillies come to mind?

Black Gold
    Texas Tea...
  • sunfirelynn
    sunfirelynn Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Never watched it and dont plan on watching it :ohwell:
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    This thread's making me realize how many ugly (on the inside) people are on this board. It's really depressing. I don't watch the show, but I've seen bits of it. The family doesn't live the sort of lifestyle I'd choose for myself, but they seem happy and to love one another. Sure, some of them might be a bit overweight (though the mother's recently lost 100 pounds); however, let's be real here. How many overweight people are on MFP? When we talk about how disgusting and gross they are because they're overweight, what kind of message are you sending to your fellow members here? We wonder why people have eating disorders, why they starve themselves- well, here's part of it. It appears we think it's okay to say, "Oh, you're fat and disgusting." I don't care what your size is or how you look: If you think that calling total strangers disgusting and fat, especially a young child, you are capital U-G-L-Y yourself. This is just plain bullying behavior, and it's far grosser than whatever Mama June uses to make her 'sketti'.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    This thread's making me realize how many ugly (on the inside) people are on this board. It's really depressing. I don't watch the show, but I've seen bits of it. The family doesn't live the sort of lifestyle I'd choose for myself, but they seem happy and to love one another. Sure, some of them might be a bit overweight (though the mother's recently lost 100 pounds); however, let's be real here. How many overweight people are on MFP? When we talk about how disgusting and gross they are because they're overweight, what kind of message are you sending to your fellow members here? We wonder why people have eating disorders, why they starve themselves- well, here's part of it. It appears we think it's okay to say, "Oh, you're fat and disgusting." I don't care what your size is or how you look: If you think that calling total strangers disgusting and fat, especially a young child, you are capital U-G-L-Y yourself. This is just plain bullying behavior, and it's far grosser than whatever Mama June uses to make her 'sketti'.

Is it any less bullying to call someone ugly, on MFP, than it is to comment negatively about an entertainer who isn't affected directly by anyone's comments? I don't think it is.
  • IceyBaby96
    Options
    I don't like the show, but she is who she is, to each their own. Who am I to judge how someone lives their life.
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options

Is it any less bullying to call someone ugly, on MFP, than it is to comment negatively about an entertainer who isn't affected directly by anyone's comments? I don't think it is.

There's a difference between calling someone ugly (which refers to aesthetics) and saying they're ugly on the inside. And it doesn't matter if Honey Boo Boo and her family themselves can read this or not; there are overweight and struggling people on this very website who can. You can be a bully, you can be a bystander, or you can be someone who speaks out and says, "You know what? This is not okay."
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options

Why do the Beverly Hillbillies come to mind?

Black Gold
    Texas Tea...

The_Beverly_Hillbillies.jpg
  • needtoloseafewpounds
    needtoloseafewpounds Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    There are way too many keyboard warriors on this site. All of you guys treat your opinions as facts and try way too hard to win an argument that has no finish line. I agree with MercuryBlue that some of you are definately more than ugly on the inside. Some of you are calling people fat when you're not in shape yourself and some of you are just being plain rude.
    As for Honey Boo Boo Child, I don't watch her shows because I live in Korea but I have seen short clips on YouTube. You know what? Nobody's perfect and I'm sure everyone in this thread has done something that others would disagree with but the only difference is that we are not publicized. Stop making so much -censored- drama about something that is completely nothing.
  • polarsjewel
    polarsjewel Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I have never seen the show but sometimes I think about how many camo tents had to die to make Mama June's wedding dress.

No matter how many camo tents had to die to make Mama June's wedding dress, she is still a kinder person than you ever will be. Fat shaming is not acceptable, especially not here! :angry:
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    There are way too many keyboard warriors on this site. All of you guys treat your opinions as facts and try way too hard to win an argument that has no finish line. I agree with MercuryBlue that some of you are definately more than ugly on the inside. Some of you are calling people fat when you're not in shape yourself and some of you are just being plain rude.
    As for Honey Boo Boo Child, I don't watch her shows because I live in Korea but I have seen short clips on YouTube. You know what? Nobody's perfect and I'm sure everyone in this thread has done something that others would disagree with but the only difference is that we are not publicized. Stop making so much -censored- drama about something that is completely nothing.

LOL @ keyboard warrior I love this. It's the truth.
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I have never seen the show but sometimes I think about how many camo tents had to die to make Mama June's wedding dress.

No matter how many camo tents had to die to make Mama June's wedding dress, she is still a kinder person than you ever will be. Fat shaming is not acceptable, especially not here! :angry:

But where did her neck go?
  • cherryd69
    cherryd69 Posts: 340
    Options
    I always thought to be one of the little pagent girls you had to be pretty and in a certain weight group.... so how this lil girl made it???

Did you really just call a little girl ugly and fat?

Self esteem issues-they start here.

Off topic (an we all know it will do or possibly has done already.. not looked tbh)

But....

OMG HANNIBAL! :heart:

That is all
  • Nishi2013
    Nishi2013 Posts: 210 Member
    Options

But where did her neck go?

Lol. I think people tend to confuse stating the obvious with fat shaming way too often.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Thoughts in connection to Honey Boo Boo? Nope - not a one.
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I don't think anybody has any right to HAVE an opinion about someone's body - negative or positive.

Wow. That's quite possibly the most impressive thing I've ever read on here.

You don't happen to live in North Korea, do you?