Large Boob Question

Options

Replies

• mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »
    In my case no amount of weight loss or strength training was going to solve my issues. Very dense breast tissue doesn't reduce in size much during weight loss because breast tissue isn't fat. And no amount of weight training was going to fix the fact that my out-of-proportion breasts limited the amount of aerobic exercise I could do (either painful bounce or painful cuts under the arms from super-supportive bra). And frankly, there was also a pretty significent shame factor involved from a lifetime of comments on my breast size (from friends and relatives trying to be helpful to random strangers (guys) making obscene remarks.

A mammogram is part of the pre-op preparation, and the Dr. will discuss what to realistically expect after viewing the results. No reputable doctor is going to prescribe a mammogram simply to see how much fat is in a woman's breasts, though that will be part of a regular screening after a certain age in order to determine if further exam protocols would be advised to check for abnormalities.

Having had a cancer scare and an early mammograph on dense tissue I can state hand on heart any doctor that sends someone for any other reason needs a kick in the testicles .

Word.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    OMG could men maybe stop commenting on a subject they know nothing about??

Therein lies the issue. You’re asking men not to comment on women’s’ bodies, specifically breasts. A subject some men obviously like to consider themselves experts in regardless of the context. :neutral:

OP, wish I had some wisdom to share, but me and my girls unfortunately do not. Though admittedly, trying weight loss first does seem like good option if you can always have the surgery as Door Number Two.
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    HellYeahItsKriss Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Having gained and then lost weight as many times as i have, i find that my boobs get bigger when i gain and DON'T get smaller when i lose. I will never ever be C again. I agree with the wait and see approach because i wouldn't want to have surgery when i knew i planned on changing my body significantly through losing weight afterwards, but I'd not be surprised at the need for surgery anyway.

And FFS to the mansplaining in here. Just... don't. Seriously? A mammogram to determine fat? It's bad enough that you're trying to explain boobs to people who actually have them, but you're not even right. Just stop.

hmm.. i was talking to gottaburnemall about this a while back.. i had messaged her and asked if she had known of people who had boobs, lost, had almost no boobs.. lol cause i had to start using push up bras.. poor deflated things LOL.. then i put these few pounds on and my boobs went back to the large size they were at 300.. so i asked her if i lost this 50, since we have no control over where it comes off, if there was a chance i could keep more boob this time lol.. seems like thats what happened to you.. maybe ill get lucky
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options

As you lose weight your boobs will shrink naturally, I know mine are fairly 'small' now after losing almost 30lbs compared to what they used to be. (was a 38d to a 32dd)
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    As you lose weight your boobs will shrink naturally, I know mine are fairly 'small' now after losing almost 30lbs compared to what they used to be. (was a 38d to a 32dd)

Mine never did. I always grew more breast tissue every time I gained weight. They never shrank much even after pregnancy and nursing gains/losses.
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    HellYeahItsKriss Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I thought DD was bigger then a D cup?
    Or am i just reading it backwards, to me all that seems to have changed is the inches around.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options

Not necessarily. Depends on how much is fat and how much is breast tissue.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I thought DD was bigger then a D cup?
    Or am i just reading it backwards, to me all that seems to have changed is the inches around.

Cup size is related to band size, so if you lose around your underbust, but not anything from the filling, you will go up in cup size. So, a 30DD is bigger than a 30D, but the same size as a 32D. And a 30DD is definitely smaller in cup than a 32DD (ask me how I know!).
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    ah.. i see.. i hate bras.. lol..

once i find one that fits and i don't look like a pork roast with strings..

bubbling out everywhere.. then i just buy several of the same kind in whatever colors they have haha..

Don't worry, I am probably lingerie-obsessed for both of us! I just had to replace everything with smaller sizes, and enjoyed every second of it :) But it was only when I got fitted properly for the first time that I developed this passion. The right fit, and the right style for you, makes all the difference.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    tlanger251 wrote: »
    I went on Keto earlier this year and went from 145 - 117. Lost 5 inches of my hips, waist and boobs. Went from a D to a C, was so happy about getting rid of my big dumb boobs. Now after a two month break from Keto I gained 6 pounds and going back on (keto) today.. ps. My biggest pet peeve is when people don't believe in "western medicine" but You can't JUST listen to your doctor. I've figured out a ton of stuff from research/networking. My doctor has even been a tiny bit impressed on occasion.

Isn't it common to have your breasts get smaller with weight loss (can't imagine keto would matter for that), although of course (as covered above), it does not always happen?

Mine went back down to a C too, although I'm also suspicious I don't wear the right size and should get a fitting. For some reason I never have. If it makes you enjoy bra shopping, I may have to consider it! ;-)
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    tlanger251 wrote: »
    I went on Keto earlier this year and went from 145 - 117. Lost 5 inches of my hips, waist and boobs. Went from a D to a C, was so happy about getting rid of my big dumb boobs. Now after a two month break from Keto I gained 6 pounds and going back on (keto) today.. ps. My biggest pet peeve is when people don't believe in "western medicine" but You can't JUST listen to your doctor. I've figured out a ton of stuff from research/networking. My doctor has even been a tiny bit impressed on occasion.

Isn't it common to have your breasts get smaller with weight loss (can't imagine keto would matter for that), although of course (as covered above), it does not always happen?

Mine went back down to a C too, although I'm also suspicious I don't wear the right size and should get a fitting. For some reason I never have. If it makes you enjoy bra shopping, I may have to consider it! ;-)

It will totally make you enjoy bra shopping!! So many pretty things...and putting on a well-fitting bra and going 'wow!' is a pretty awesome feeling :). It also helps that I have ready access to well made nice stuff at discount prices. I would not want to be paying full retail for my tastes!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Will seriously consider this, although I may not be able to face the stores for such a purpose until after Christmas.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Will seriously consider this, although I may not be able to face the stores for such a purpose until after Christmas.

I don't blame you for waiting until after Christmas. We were supposed to meet our cousins today for lunch, but it got postponed due to weather. The other thing was that the restaurant is at a local mall and my oldest cousin thought better about going anywhere near a mall right now. To quote her "I think it's better to wait until they're(the shoppers) all back in their holes for winter".
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options

Utterly sensible! I made the mistake of walking into a mall yesterday (I usually don't go into them even at the best of times). Took all my grit to not turn tail and run back to the car.

Y'know, you could always just come visit me in NZ and I will shop with you ;)