WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2013

Options

Replies

• Anamika703
    Anamika703 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies!
    Its been wonderful going through all the posts. Thanks for the warm welcome :love: I am seriously amazed at all u wonderful people who have a message for every single one of us.... old and new. I wanted to respond in kind but I memorize one name then forget the next..... can I blame it on age????
    Never mind, it was a nice day, instead of going for my long run I did yoga, meditation and sat beside my daughter as she polished her driving skills. Drank lots of water, its on everyone's goal and tried 150 squats. My plank was only 1min 22secs but like Barbie says I'm competing only against myself.
    Nice to have u back Janie and the lady from Halifax..... my heart goes out to u and your sister. Thanks everyone for keeping my family in your prayers.
    I love being here :drinker: Cheers to us ( of course thats water in our mugs)
    http://glitter-graphics.com/images/empty.gif
    this is dedicated to all the divas here
  • genealace
    genealace Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon ladies.

I went lawn bowling this morning, wasn't successful in winning the game, but was successful in 90 minutes of exercise.

This afternoon I have to go to a funeral for a lovely 97 year old lady who was a War Bride and came to Canada about 1945=46. She was still living at home and peacefully died in her sleep.

My aunt will be there, so I'll have a little visit with her today which will leave tomorrow morning free to do my grocery shopping, which I usually do on Friday afternoon.
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Happy fri.
    Welcome all u new ladies.
    Have a great day.
    HUGS
    jane
  • Kalley1959
    Kalley1959 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the newcomers! I too find this group an amazing bunch of women. Come back often, I look forward to getting to know you.

Meg – I love the NSV with the skirt, it made me laugh out loud. Congrats on the mammogram coming back fine.

Pat – I’m so sorry about your sister. I agree that she’s probably embarrassed that she has gotten herself into this horrible situation. You can’t rescue her, she has to find a way out herself or she will be right back in a mess. I too am an emotional eater. I have to try and stop before I eat something and try to find out why I want to eat. Sometimes the emotions get the better of me and I eat. I too went to Al-Anon for years. I started going because I was married to a drug addict and ended up learning so much more. It was a life changer for me.

Jane – congratulations on hitting 10,000 steps. I’m nowhere near that in a day, I aim for 5,000.

Kate – meds can wreak havoc on your body & mind. I am very drug sensitive and I get all those “hidden” side effects. Listen to your body and go slow, you will know.

Sue in TX – yikes 105, I would never go outside. I don’t do well in such heat.

Eileenwalnum – I’m sorry to hear about your knee. It’s hard when there are physical limitations but you could do other things with your arms. I used soup cans for awhile until I started losing more weight. Take care of your knee

ecanales - here's another person who loves this thread too

Rori – wow good for you for getting an appointment with a personal trainer. They intimidate me, I have visions of them being like Jillian on Biggest loser :laugh:

Genealace – congrats on the fabulous loss! Woohoo on the bone density test

Michelle – a grief counselor sounds like it might help. What a great idea.
    Joyce – oh how you sound like me but my downfall is potato chips. I can’t eat chocolate as it gives me migraines. Waste money…um no. Try not to beat yourself up, it’s done! Move on to today, it’s a bright new day.

Alison – I think most of us are emotional eaters, that’s how we ended up here. You got up at 3:15? Seriously? WOW I’m impressed, I drag my butt out of bed at 5:45 and think that’s early.

DeeDee – ouch! You take care of that foot. I pray it’s not fractured.

Liz – I’m so sorry about your sister, you are both in my prayers. It’s so hard to be the supporter of someone with cancer. Try to let yourself be sad, it’s hard.

Katiebug – oh my, I burst out laughing when I read your post about Barbie riding in the trunk. I too read it that way and had to reread it. Shhhhhh I’m at work, no laughing at posts

Anamika – I do as so many others, I open a word document and write responses as I go along and then copy & paste them into my reply. I could never remember everything either..yup I’m going with age.

I'm so happy that it's Friday and my boss isn't in the office today. Tomorrow is weigh in day with that new scale, I certainly hope it's nicer to me then it was last week or I'm digging in the garbage for my old black scale :grumble: I do have to say that I'm feeling better physically and I've noticed some of my clothes are getting baggy. I'm lucky that I don't really have a dress code at work. I've been wearing pull on capri's but come September I'm going to have to buy more pants and I have to remember that I can now flash someone when I lean over :laugh: so maybe some smaller tops too?

this weekend is going to be a quiet weekend, housework, workout & meal planning. I don't feel like doing anything else. I prefer to be at home anyways.

I hope everyone is enjoying their day.

:heart: Sandy from Ontario
    "Nothing that has happened to you is a surpise to God. God will still get you to where you are supposed to be."
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Liz :flowerforyou: if your sister is anything like mine was when she had cancer, she would love to cry WITH you.

Thank you so much for all your confessions along with mine. It just lets me know that I am in the right group here. Yes, it is behind me. Behind me, on my thighs, hips and everywhere else! With all that fudge I have gained 2.4 pounds.:sad:

Joyce
  • reneeblanch
    Options
    great inspiration....thanks for sharing. I am a little older than you, suffer from fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue. So it's an uphill battle, but I am determined to get on track for my health! blessed be!
  • jfenner141
    jfenner141 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hello all:

Sandy from Ontario - personal trainers can be absolutely wonderful. Our Y has a class (Beginning Strength Training) which is done by two trainers. One generally works with you when you first join the class and helps you figure out a routine. We all work a lot on our own in class, with lots of camaraderie. The trainers suggest new exercises, check our form, etc. It's been perfect for me. I've been going since April 2012 twice a week for the class and still love it. Maybe a Y or similar place near you has something like this??

Love checking out the Board and catching up with everyone, even though I rarely post. You are all such great inspirations. And for those emotional eaters, I'm betting that would include nearly all of us!

Had my 6 mo. doctor's appointment today and all good news. :bigsmile: That made me really happy. My A1C was at 5.7, weight down about 12 pounds in the last 3 months, cholesterol and blood pressure well under control!! Yep, I am a happy camper even if it is raining like crazy.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday ladies!

It hasn't been my best week but I did lose another pound so I did something right. I am getting excited about our trip to Alaska, only a week away. I need to get organized so I can pack and be ready to go.

DH is getting Lasik today. I had it done 13 years ago and I still have 20/15 vision it was the best thing I ever did for myself. He is nervous but I think he will be fine.

I think I will walk around the city while he is in his appointment instead of sitting in the waiting room. That way I can get my steps in.

Have a great day all,

Robin, Bodi and Ritter
    Great PNW!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Kate in Brooklyn: I think adjusting your meds and slowly working up the dose is a reasonable idea. What does the doctor think? I’m betting that your son didn’t take the coincidence of the 911 attack personally. Mom would have done just that. On another subject, I miss Lin, too. :flowerforyou:

Pat (Phoo): Al-Anon is a great idea. Personal connections on line are amazing, but sometimes we need more direct help. I’ve found that my friendships here are helping me be more open and outspoken with people in my community. I like it. While this is an amazing group, we also need local supportive relationships.:flowerforyou:

Meg: We had drip system problems this spring, but they’re all fixed. A neighbor took care of it. I hope yours are handled swiftly.:flowerforyou:

Joyce: I agree with you about this group. We are lucky to have found it. I feel like we owe a debt of gratitude to Barbie and the women who came before us.:heart:

Eileenwalnum: Welcome. Let us know where you’re from. It is fun having that connection and information.:flowerforyou:

Rhonda: If your son enjoys Mexican food I’d suggest taco salad. He can wrap his in a tortilla and you can have yours without.:flowerforyou:

Yvette from Austin TX: Welcome. All you have to do to join is to keep coming back.:flowerforyou:

Michele in NC: My momma used to say, “Be careful what you wish for, you might get it.” You really don’t want, “ a "quirky" stomach as that might prevent me from overeating the wrong foods.” Those quirky stomachs have a way of compelling a person to eat the wrong foods. I speak from experience. :ohwell:

Vicki GI NE: It could be the ex that is causing the medical mix-ups. Venom runs deep in some people. It also could be incompetent office staff. Years ago I worked in a government office with a woman who did the filing by stuffing handfuls of paperwork randomly into files in dozens of file drawers.:noway: :mad: When she was caught, she was let go and the rest of us had to look through every file. We did our best but will never be sure we found all of it. I know many of the citizens who used our services blamed all of us for the “lost” paper work and slow service.:ohwell:

Genealace: Good news on the gutter repair. Stay dry. Congratulations on the weight loss.:flowerforyou:

Joyce: Fudge is hard for anyone to pass up. The weight will come back off. When I buy it now, I only buy what I can eat in one serving with extra for others if they want it, too. Yes this is an indulgence, and I can easily eat enough to blow my calorie allotment for the day. Blowing a calorie allotment once in a while won’t kill us or destroy our new good habits. Some things bought in multiples are not a good bargain, though. :flowerforyou:

Heather: I have been thinking about your face exercises and wondering what you actually do. Can you give a description or link? I’ve been doing facial massage fro a couple of years that I learned from YouTube videos. It makes my face feel good & my skin seems to be doing well. I’d like to learn more, though.:flowerforyou:

DeeDee: If I understand what you were told about your foot, it is very good news. It means you can take care of your foot with new shoes more frequently and go about your life. Shoes make a huge difference for me in my ongoing challenge with my sore left knee.:flowerforyou:

Gail: I love your quote from Philippians! I’ll try to spend more time thinking about admirable and praiseworthy things.:flowerforyou:

Liz from Halifax NS: Your week is not a bust. You are doing the best you can in a difficult situation. No one can do more than their best. Focus on one day at a time, and count your good days while forgiving the bad ones. Hugs.:flowerforyou:

Changing4life, RLRRGJ & Rachelocity: Welcome. Let us know where you’re from with each post if you haven’t already done so. It helps us know each other better.:flowerforyou:

Barbie: What is black rice? Can you share a recipe? Love this quote, “Success is inspirational.......disaster is educational.”:laugh: :tongue:

Anamika & Sandy: I don’t even pretend to remember all this detail. I open a word document and type my thoughts as I read. Then I copy and past it into the thread. I don’t chalk it up to age. I can’t think of any time in my life that I could have done this from memory.:noway:

Last night we went to the concert in the park that occurs every Thursday during the summer season. We spotted two good friends we haven’t seen in ages and they joined us at a table in the beer garden. We had a lovely chat. I’ve been missing Vicky particularly. We used to walk all the time, but I’ve been unavailable on some days and she’s been unavailable on others. I hope we can get it put together.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

August goals:
    1. Log every bite
    2. Move more.
    3. Drink at least 2 glasses of water daily.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,705 Member
    Options
    evening ladies~
    hope everything is going hunky dory for all of you.. well finished the workweek,but have to work tomorrow from 7:30-12 then over to my FIL made him spagetti and meatballs, then from there grocery shopping, bring that home and put it away, feed and walk the dogs.
    then get up sunday feed and walk the dogs, go to the gym,weed the new grass seed and mow the lawn..
    DH will be gone tomorrow morning till sometime monday so I will hold down the fort..
    It is hard to stay off your feet and rest,when you work on your feet. I am sitting here as we speak with a frozen water bottle under my left heel.
    still hurts when I am on it alot, but I dont want any more darn steroids. I will do the bike at the gym and planks, squats whatever I have to that doesnt really go nuts on the feet.
    was at the gym this morning and told the guy at the front desk would like to lose the rest of the weight by the end of the year, he said you didnt put it on in a year did you, why do you set a time limit.. and you know what ? he was right.. when I get there I get there.. this is not a race,it is a lifestyle commitment:bigsmile:
  • jmkmomm
    Options
    Well I have been at the Y 3 times this week, in a row, and I have my headache again and the back of my neck hurts. This is just a bummer. I guess I need to ask them what I am doing that is such a strain on my neck. Of course one of the things they will probably say is that I shouldn't do them 3 days in a row.

Joyce
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Well today has been sort of worthless LOL. I did get to water aerobics and took the silly dog to the vet again this time for chewing holes in his legs. He has seasonal allergies, turns out. So now more meds…an antihistamine and a spray for his legs. Well what’s a few more medications in my house, which appears to be a veterinary pharmacy.

I did read an interesting article while waiting for the vet. His vet journal was in the room and it contained an article on veterinary uses for marijuana! Some very interesting case reports of animals near the end of life who had improved quality of life, started eating again, interacting more, etc. Sounded interesting.

Sue: you can send a little heat this way. I feel like we haven’t really had summer yet.

Gail: your story reminds me of my best friend who nannied 5 kids and she got that same whole dollar an hour for all the child care, cleaning, cooking, and doing laundry!

Eileenwalnum: welcome aboard!

Rhonda: hope you enjoy your visit with DS. I love soups but agree with you about the cold ones, so soup is a cool weather dinner!

Rori: so glad you found Al-anon and that it helped you! You must be in a much better place these days.

Yvette: welcome to the thread!

Michele: that hour in your pool sounds so delightful even I am relaxed now! The problem with the contractor showing up now is that I am going back to work Monday (NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO) and they are coming plus the wood floor installers too. Not sure how I’m going to work that out.

Vicki: I am a little leery, too, so I am not getting rid of things that are loose, only the things that are truly baggy and wont’ stay up!

Genealace: glad you didn’t get any water in your house last night! Good news on the bone scan and weight loss!!! So sorry for your loss.

BHRichie: welcome to our group!

Janie: love the roaring kitty!

Barbie: sounds like a lovely dinner with your friends! Any meal with salmon is aright in my books!

Joyce: I sure hope you get over that headache and emotion-ache soon! I bet we all have done things like that! Good of you to put it in writing! No hiding from it now! I agree with Janie about making a plan.

Pat: so happy to read that you are in a better frame of mind tonight!

Alison: congrats on the scales!

Heather: I love the idea of you writing! Do pick up that pen again!

DeeDee: hope it all goes well with the doctor and please do rest that foot!

Gail; what a wonderful and inspiring quotation. Thank you for sharing

Liz: oh, Liz I am so sorry about your sister and what you and she are going through. Bless her and you. She is lucky to have a sister who loves her so. I hope she can have her pain managed better.

Changing for life: you joined by posting!

RLR: welcome to you too!

Kate: well at least the granola bars aren’t too bad for you. I have them frequently for my morning snack.

Rachel: welcome to the group!

Mel: sending you good thoughts for the weekend!

Anamika: glad you had a peaceful day. Isn’t it funny…all around the world, we moms sit by our kids while they learn to drive!

Sandy: if you are going to be flashing, I’ll send you that skirt!

Jfenner: great news on the doctor’s visit!

Robin: good plan to do some walking while you are waiting

Katla: I love going to our weekly outdoor concerts too, but DD#2 is working tonight and worked last night so we missed them this week

Well I am hoping we get our bikes fixed (again) by tomorrow. The weather is supposed to be beautiful here this weekend and I want to ride. Tomorrow will be a bad food day for me. We are having friends over to watch a movie and have planned for months to eat “snacky” foods, so I’m making grinders, poppers, popcorn chicken bits, a 7 layer fiesta dip with chips, and veggies with dip. Oh, and lemon bars. I’ll do my best to not “pig out” and enjoy every bite and eat slowing, not stuffing myself. I’ll do the elliptical tomorrow morning too. I have been under each day this week so hopefully that will help.
    OK I’m out for tonight. I enjoy all I learn and gain from being part of this group. Take care, Meg
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,920 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Katla, Here’s something I read about black rice,
    “Brown rice is good for you, but black rice is even better. That’s because the bran hull contains significantly higher amounts of vitamin E, which bolsters the immune system and protects cells from free radical damage. In fact, black rice contains more anthocyanin antioxidants than blueberries, according to a study from the Louisiana State University Agricultural Center.”

You have to rinse it first (that was tricky because the grains are small and I don’t have a strainer with small enough holes) then you cook it a lot like brown rice and use it the same way you’d use any other rice. I thought it was delicious and Jake thought it was sweet and would be good for rice pudding.

:bigsmile: Today was a rest day from yard work and strength training and a big day for line dance. I taught half the class this morning and then practiced for over an hour with the performance group.

:bigsmile: Al-Anon is an amazing program……far more than just a face-to-face support group……it is a spiritual program that is the basis for solving all sorts of personal and relationship problems.

:bigsmile: Robin, walking rather than sitting while waiting is an awesome way to add steps and improve fitness.

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: We stayed up too late last night visiting with our friends so we’ll be in bed early tonight……we’re having dinner with them tomorrow. The mom in the family who is 60 years old has a new boyfriend and wants us to meet him.

:heart: Barbie from sunny and warm NW Washington

“If it’s important to you then you will find a way, if it’s not you’ll find an excuse.”

1461351h0otf8hco5.gif
  • melfitnesspal13
    melfitnesspal13 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I learned a hard lesson tongiht :sad: You know we went to this amusement park Sunday. Well they have a sweet shop. Uh oh:ohwell: :grumble: I love chocolate, any kind. It's one of my downfalls. I have several things of chocolate that I can eat to help me with it but fudge was right there. Abd you could get a piece FREE!!!!! But you had to buy 4 pieces to get a free piece. I would say they were about a 2x2 piece. How can a woman pass up a bargain to get something free??? Especially if she loves it. So I get 5 pieces, cost me an arm and a leg to. So I was occasionally going in and taking a small bite. I hide things like this from my husband because he has no will power. Ha ha, the jokes on me. So Tuesday night I had a whole piece of the maple nut. It really asn't even that good but it was still called fudge and I b ought it so I ate it. Then last night ws a milk chocolate. Was so good. So I am left with two pieces left and I want them gone. I mean gone gone. I briefly thought about just throwing them away. Throw away money, no no! So I ate both pieces. So now I have a pounding headache, not sure if I can go to sleep or not but at least the candy is gone. Right????

So now I am suffering both emotionally and physically. The scales were up a pound this morning and I hate to think what they will be tomorrow. And I also know that it may not hit the scales until a couple of days. And I lied in my diary. I put my Weight Watchers giant fudge bars and left it at that. OK now you all know the truth.

Joyce, weak in Indiana
    Hi Joyce - I laughed a good hearty laugh with your posting. My sister, friend and I have a standing joke about "even-ing out" a pie or cake. It's when you take a piece and then all of a sudden the pie/cake doesn't look quite even so you even it out. Before you know it the dessert is gone!! Same for a box a chocolates, how you just leave 1 or 2? I think you too suffer from "even-it-out" disease. I hope you enjoyed it! Now, hit play on your computer/DVD and do an extra workout, no looking back..........:smile:
  • jmkmomm
    Options
    Of course it will be next summer before I go to this park and am tempted again to buy fudge but I need to go in with one my daughters and buy ONE piece. We all love chocolate so it won't be a problem of what kind to pick. Then it will be divided between, 5 people. I hope by then that I will be strong enough to do this. But I do have a problem with passing the Little Debbie brownies also. So I need to remember that I'm not just an obese woman but an obese woman with diabetes and I am trying to be an example to both my girls, my sister and her daughter with my change in life.

My oldest daughter used to be a nanny for several years and made GOOD money. Of course the families she was a nanny for were all rich. She really was not asked to do any housework, just feed the kids lunch. But it was a good job for her. I was always hoping that working in these wonderful homes would give her the kick in the rear to try to better their own home life. She would pull her broken down car with all its holes in it and go into these mansions and then go home to her moldy broken down trailer. But it never did.

I did really well doing 6 miles on the bike today so I will try to wither increase that or maybe increase the tension on the bike and leave off the strength machines for the weekend. That's the plan and I'm sticking to it!!!!!! You guys are the greatest.

Joyce
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,346 Member
    Options
    Vicki - Mexican Train is Mexican Train Dominoes. Don't know why it's called Mexican, it's just dominoes. I tell you, this HIPPA stuff really burns me up. CVS has this program where if you get 10 prescriptions filled, you get $5. I saw on a receipt where only 3 people were enrolled and 1 had expired. Do you think they could tell me who had expired? No...but they could tell me a prescription number for that person. We figured out that it was me. But how frustrating that they couldn't tell me who needed to be re-enrolled.

Went to the Y this morning and did an hour on the AMT stepping. I really miss the stair stepper that they had, that was a really good workout. Then I came home, went to a healthy cooking demo (I don't think I'll go much more), then to Bob Evans where these gals were playing Rummikub. Gave one gal these ricotta cookies I'd made for her birthday (she's Italian, her birthday is tomorrow) Actually, they were having lunch first, and I couldn't believe how late it was. I had to leave by 2:15 and they were still eating! Came home and Vince was outside (that didn't make me too happy) working on the part of the pool where we couldn't riverrock, with the bad rain the stones were covered with dirt. what we'll have to do is remove the landscape fabric, put more down. I picked up a lot of the stones, not all of them. Vince said that he felt like he was getting heat stroke so he went inside. I continued to pick up the stones.

The plan is that tomorrow I'll go to the farmer's market (I want to get some more corn on the cob and red okra to freeze -- ANOTHER thing for the freezer), then yoga, then some food shopping.

genalace - what a wonderful report from your doctor. So, are you still osteoporatic or just osteopenia? Glad you had such a good time at the concert. Woohoo on the weight loss

janie - I sent Bryan and Diana that email, haven't heard anything back. Not that I expected to, tho. Sorry about your mother. Sounds like you're on the right path helping yourself.

Made a meatloaf for Vince, something that he can have while I have my own dinner.

Joyce - you're right, now that candy is gone, gone for a long, long time I'm sure. I know what you mean, I hate to waste money, too. You'd think I was brought up in the depression. Anyway, as hard as it might be to throw out something, just think how much the medical bills will be and how much you probably are saving by throwing out something that you know isn't good for you. Yea for you getting to the Y

Jessica just called to "say good bye". She's going to go skydiving and she wanted to "say goodbye" in case something happened....lol

Question for those of you who use a pedometer -- do you wear it while you're exercising?

DeeDee - it was sunny earlier today, but then it rained! Wish the rain would cool things off. Good luck at the doctors

Liz - please continue to tell us about your sister. I can't even begin to imagine what you are going thru! That's so brave of you to be strong when you are with her and cry afterwards.

changing4life - just jump right in.

Welcome to everyone else new that I may have missed.

barbie - love your quote

RLRRGJ, Rachel - welcome

Cindy - haven't made the eggplant stew yet, just haven't had time. hmmmm...maybe that's something that I can make and freeze.

Melanie - so glad you got your camera back! Sometimes it just takes St. Anthony a while to answer our prayers. Good for you bringing that DVD and the food with you! That'll certainly help. Bet you won't see a gain when you get back home.

FranceBound - welcome. Are you going to France? When?

Sandy - tomorrow is my weigh in day, too. Let's hope for the best, OK? Congrats on the baggy clothes. Shopping for new things is always so much fun. I really like your quote

meg - I did make my appt for my mammo, one year from when I had it done last year.

jfenner - wonderful doctor's appt! I love to hear good news

Robin - I'm sure you'll have fun on your trip and that dh will be just fine. I would be nervous as all get out if I ever got Lasik

Meg - in our house it's "give Lance hias insulin at 6", then "give Loki his medicine at 10 or thereabouts", then "feed our cats moist food at 4", then "give Lance his insulin at 6", then "give Loki his med at 10". It just never ends. Well, once Jesica takes her cats home, at least I won't have to give Lance his insulin.

I'm soaking some garbanzo beans and will roast them tomorrow.

Michele in NC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Meg: We had hardwood installed in our bedrooms at the same time they refinished the hardwood floors on the first floor. We left home.:laugh: I'm not kidding, we planned it so we would be away on our boat.:love: They did a good new installation but didn’t do so well with the floor refinishing and I have gray places in my kitchen floor. AARRGGHH! :grumble: :angry: :explode: I called them back once, and the same places went bad again, but the man died.:frown: I won’t be able to get it fixed unless I pay someone to refinish the whole area again. If I had the choice to make knowing what I do now, I’d put hardwood up in the bedrooms again, but I’d put ceramic tile downstairs. Now they even have ceramic tile that is made to look like wood plank flooring. I’ve seen pictures in magazines, but not the real thing in person. I might consider it, or other tile. It is a moot point. The hardwood is there and we don't plan to replace it in the forseeable future..

Joyce: I spent time today working on strength machines, but I love to ride my bike. You have two good options and I hope you enjoy the bike and the machines.:smile:

Michele: I love it that Jessica called. She thinks of you.:bigsmile: My DD’s dog was just diagnosed with diabetes and she’s now giving him shots. She was so grateful that he has a chance to live. She thought she’d have to have him put down for sure. He was very sick by the time he was diagnosed, and it is still not certain he’ll get back on his feet, but I’m optimistic. . My DH has been diabetic since before I met him 40+ years ago, and our daughter has always seen her dad give himself shots, so she felt competent to handle the situation with her dog. Keep your fingers crossed for her and her dog.

DH and I went to the physical therapy place today and used their equipment to work out today. We joined their “gym” and will be using it to help him keep the gains he made with the physical therapist, and me to get more fit. In summer it is not as critical for me because I walk and do yoga regularly. DH doesn’t get as much exercise as he should on a regular basis and I’m hoping this will help turn that around. When the winter rains set in we’ll both really need a place to keep ourselves physically active. This seems very promising.

Keep moving and drink your water. (Advice I will be taking as soon as I post this.):flowerforyou:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

August goals:
    1. Log every bite
    2. Move more.
    3. Drink at least 2 glasses of water daily.
  • phoo513
    phoo513 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I had a good day today, Ladies. Thank you for your support. I have my first alanon meeting tomorrow. I am both eager and anxious.... Food went fine today. Found out today that the visiting cat gets to go home tomorrow! My PeeVee will be a very, very happy Cat!

For tonight, Sweet Dreams !

Pat
  • jmkmomm
    Options
    Well I changed my diary this week to reflect my fudge. It looks awful when it's in black and white how many calories it was. But it is what it is. It also looked awful on the scale.

My headache is turning into a toothache. It may be a Lortab night for me.

Good night folks, Joyce
  • IrishSandy
    Options
    Hello new friends, and THANK YOU for the warm welcome! Tomorrow is weigh day and I'm hoping to get inch closer to the 100 lb lost milestone.

Here's my dilemma - I hate the way I look with so much extra skin. Doc suggested breast reduction and tummy tuck, but I am only halfway to goal. I don't like to waste money, and expect I will need this again at goal weight.

Any thoughts?

Sandy H from MN