WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2013

Options

Replies

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,916 Member
    Options
    Well, my life is not getting any simpler! I had an interview for a position in Cromwell, CT that went very well. So well in fact, the company is paying for me to fly out there for an in-person interview. Now back to moving! Don't know when I'll ever have a simple quiet life! :explode: Never did, guess I never will. LOL Trying to get back on track. I have walked 20 minutes 3 times so far this week (when it's not raining or too humid!). I am also doing some Yoga to help my back issues for about 25 minutes in the morning. That's 45 minutes of activity so a good start. :happy: Now have to work on the eating part..... :blushing:
  • meyllisa
    meyllisa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Liz Prayers going to you and your sister:heart:

Best wishes for all those who are also having trying times!
    Lost 1 pound finally, it is a long slow process but if it stays off I'm one happy girl

Juanita in Sudbury
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Happy thurs.
    prayers for u and ur sisterLiz
    taking an active rest day as my dr calls it,been walking every day 40 min +and my knees and legs are in pain.
    We got much needed rain.
    Have a good one.
    HUGS:heart::heart:
    jane:flowerforyou:
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies. I am checking in early today. I am at home with the drywallers who have finally started on the basement!~ Hooray for that! I went to walmart for part of the grocery shopping and when DD#1 gets home I’ll do the rest. I need some time away from her for my sanity. After walmart shopping I have 4500 steps already so hopefully today will be a good day for that. I have not taken any more metformin and my fasting and 2 hour after breakfast readings were FINE so I am getting really frustrated with that too. I’ll have to give my diabetic educator a call later when I get back from the shopping.

Barbie: lying about your weight on your driver’s license? Who ever heard of such a thing LOL> My license shows me to be about half the person I am LOL!!!

Deb: I hope the nutritionist gives you some good suggestions. Do you not eat poultry at all? Do you not like seafood? How about tofu? That does make it hard, but I bet if you keep looking you will find your answer. I can’t imaging not liking meat…I probably like it enough for both of us! 

Michele: hair dye? Is that what people use to cover their grey hair these days??? Oh my, my roots are really showing so I should go get some. I’ll look for extra in navy LOL

Kate: nice to see you! Hope you got a good night’s rest!

Katla: I will be sure to keep DS in my thoughts and prayers as he deploys.

Joyce: my dad was career navy too on a nuclear sub. He was one of the original “class” of nuclear submariners who worked directly with Rickover. He thinks all his missions are still secret!

Grandmallie: kids that age are real sponges, aren’t they?

DeeDee: hope the doctor can do something about your phlebitis!

Yanniejannie: I hope you feel better before you actually have to eat brown rice mixed with applesauce!

Anamika: have a good day!

Liz: oh my I am so sorry to hear about your sister’s fall and the cancer in her brain. You are a loving, kind sister to make such an effort to put her first right now,. I’m sure she loves you so much for that.

Kevrit: wow an in-person interview! You must have impressed them.

Juanita: congrats on the weight loss!

Jane: sounds like you are really on track these days. Good for you!

Well I see DD#1 pulling up the drive, so I’m off to finish the shopping. Take care and hugs to all who need them. Meg in humid Omaha
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,317 Member
    Options
    Good evening friends!

LizPlus - I am so sorry for what you are going through. I know you will find the strength to support your sister. I hope you have the support for yourself :heart: :heart: :heart:

Pat phoo - DH and I had a property each when we got married. For the first few months we lived separately while DH finished his teaching contract. Eventually we decided to sell both of them and buy one big house for the two of us. I don't know how people manage to downsize when they get older. We seem to need more and more space! I have 'lost' my study to my DGS, our library to the expected new baby. We have so many books and so much paper, our loft is full of it. Oh well, our executors will have a busy time! I would love to get all this paper sorted into the digital world, but can't face the endless task, so it will all go when I do. That used to worry me a lot more than it does now. I think Amazon digital books have become the great loft in the clouds.:bigsmile:

Drkatiebug- yes, the bright blue socks were the double skinned Wright socks. Excellent at preventing blisters. Thank you:flowerforyou:

Katla - I will not be leaving you all. I haven't even decided what my goal is yet, but will still need you if I get there. To quote my mother I will be offering you my 'immoral support'!:laugh:

I thought today I was having a relapse, but I guess I am just a bit impatient. I had another lovely nap this afternoon. It does worry me that I don't really know why this started off and will insist on a further check up. It was hot today so had to step up my water. Not sure I am quite getting there yet. Unfortunately it is a Bank Holiday this weekend so doctors are in short supply. Let's hope I continue to mend. At least the builders won't be making dust and noise!

I went food shopping and bought some lovely shin of beef to make a beer stew for my brother's family visit. He loves good hearty "man food". My niece is veggy so I have got falafels and hummus for her and olives and cheese stuffed peppers for everyone to share with her. Macaroni with the stew and haven't got the veg yet. They all have HUGE appetites! Will try to google a diabetic desert or it will be cheese, cheese and more cheese. I'll never forget DH's face once when they came to lunch and demolished a large cheese board like gannets in two minutes. He still talks about it! I do love them though and have been waiting ages for them to come.

Comfy evening of TV tonight. Must keep drinking the water!

Lovve Heather in warm and sunny Hampshire UK
  • moharma
    moharma Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    HI, Ladies-
    I was trawling around these boards and found this one. It seems that many of your current life experiences are similar to mine so I thought I might stay.

I am just retired after thirty years of teaching. Seeing all the students return to school reminded me of that thrilling feeling each fall when we start all over and each year I knew it was going to be "the best", Well, to tell the truth, as I see the kids on the busses I have a huge grin on my face! And I dont miss that new start thrill- I can find it elsewhere.
    I looked forward to my retirement and the chance to be all by myself and a total slug if that was my choice....but surprise! my husband ended up retiring at the same time!
    I know that many of you have gone through retirement and understand the adjustment. Well, I had two years to prepare but my husband did not. OMG dont think Im horrible if I express that THIS IS NOT WHAT I HAD IN MIND!! Well, Im sure it will all be fine, right?????

I also decided to have some foot surgery and unfortunately it involved cutting and re-attaching the achilles. The recovery is taking much longer than I anticipated so I have lost my patience with that. However, the doctor did give me the ok to go back to the gym (limited) so here I am back on MFP and determined to make it work. The last years of teaching were so crazy that I kept telling myself "when I retire I will watch my food/eat healthy/ exercise (you know) as soon as I retired . So the time has come.....

Didnt mean to get so longwinded but I hope to get to know all of you as we share this journey- at least that is what it will be for me- a long one.( Have about 40 pounds to lose and I tend to do it slowly)

Nancy in Ohio
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,768 Member
    Options
    yea!!! Kevrit you will be working across the river from where I live.. we will have to get together sometime:bigsmile:
    well got over my 10,000 steps , and didnt eat alot today, thought I was getting something half way decent at friendly's - kids size cheesburger sliders, and garden veggies, and threw me right over the damn sodium wagon...Oh well, guess my weight will be back up..
    just squeeking under the calorie count but not by much, over on protein and sodium... oh well thats what I get, I guess..
    I bought myself a beautiful scarf with birds on it,for 4.99,and then bought a few things at the christmas tree shop, for grand total of 5.62
    my big splurge and this is bad was at Bed Bath and Beyond. they carry something called Shelia G's brownie brittle, I bought that 2 bags...and proceeded to buy 2 candy bars for 4.99 a piece:noway: they are called chuao ,gourmet chocolate bars,but I broke all of that down into single servings and even halved the chocolate bars further. so if I take a piece out they are either 36 calories,or 53 calories for a piece of chocolate.. the brownie brittle is 110 calories,but will be nice with a cup of tea..

Oh and I went to LL Bean store and exchnged slippers my FIL got for some for me, wicked good slippers with shearling in them, they are comfy, my DH they look stupid, but he isnt wearing them:laugh:
    productive day..but tiring
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    I'm beginning to dread Thursday's trips to the NH to see MIL. I think she was always elderly even when she was young. But even through her schizophrenia which was under control with medicine she at least could talk to us, enjoy our company, give love in her limited way. When she was living in a government high rise apartment building, she loved Christmas. She ahd very simple decorations but loved them. She also gave everyone gifts even though they looked they were wrapped by a 5 year old. All 3 sons got the same gift, all females got the same gift. But she enjoyed knowing she was giving. When she was put in a nursing home she thought those days were over. On a Medicaid unit, the goverment takes all your social security but $52. That doesn't got o far when you smoke, have telephone and cable. She no longer smokes and the NH provides the phone and cable so the $53 is hers. So I told her today that Christmas is coming and asked her if there was any Christmas presents she wanted me to go buy for her and then take the money out of her account. Her only response was 'why'. I asked if she wanted to give any of her children anything, again 'why'. She sees no reason to do anything. She doesn't enjoy her flowers anymore. As far as her schizophrenia goes everything still seems stable. So I don't think that is the problem. She doesn't play bingo anymore at all and she used to say that she isn't happy unless she wins at least 3 games a day. She jsut doesn't want to do anything anymore. She still appreciates me hugging her and telling her I love her and give her a hug and kiss.

Joyce
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,968 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Yannijannie, there were eight of us dancing at the fair…..four of the group members danced last year and four were new this year……I hope to get a picture of the whole group that I can post.

:flowerforyou: Liz from Halifax…….spending time with your sister is something you’ll never forget and you’ll always thank yourself for doing.

:flowerforyou: Kevrit, slow and steady wins the race……getting good exercise is an awesome beginning…..next step logging your food……the interview sounds like an awesome opportunity

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: Juanita, congrats on your weight loss.

:heart: Jane, hugs to you…..enjoy your active rest day.

:flowerforyou: Meg, it sounds like your diabetic education has been a challenge for you.

:flowerforyou: Heather, rest and water will be your friends and help you recover.

:flowerforyou: Nancy in Ohio, I hope you will stay…this is a great community…..I retired from teaching in 2004 and it was a great decision…….I was ready and am grateful every August when it would have been time for me to start preparing my classroom…..i loved every year of teaching and I’ve loved every second of retirement…..my hubby retired soon after I did and some days he seems to think his job is to see how much TV he can watch….about exercise—do what you can do and celebrate your success---it will get better.

:bigsmile: Today in dance class we began talking about plans for performing at assisted living places in December. This is a different group from the one that danced at the fair, although I think there will be two of the fair dancers besides me in the group.

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: I am reading “Salt, Sugar, Fat” about how eating these things increases your desire to eat more of them….a great eye opener….read it and it will change your eating forever.

:heart: Barbie from sunny NW Washington

“If it’s important to you then you will find a way, if it’s not you’ll find an excuse.”

1461351h0otf8hco5.gif
    August Resolutions (with week three comments)
    *finish preparing the flower bed in the back yard (making lots of progress)
    *participate in the new strength training challenge (six workouts so far)
    *walk 18,000 steps a day (every day)
    *act the way I want to feel (going great…this makes a huge difference in my life)

3294555wkqi7f4ypr.gif
  • Gardengail
    Gardengail Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Hello to all -- sure have not felt motivated this week, or last. I've been reading the posts and logging, gone to the Y a bit and walked a bit (getting my 10,000 steps each day), but, meh, just don't care. And, my goodness, hungry all the time! I'm feeling pretty tired the last couple of weeks, yet haven't been sleeping great. Alas, I am in good company on this board. I think part of it may be recently getting an actual retirement-eligible date related to my retirement plan at work. It isn't my age, etc., but now I think I'm chomping at the bit TO retire, so each day seems to feel heavy. Just need to get it out of my head as I will likely have to continue on until that date anyway, just because of benefits. (DH is semi-retired and works pretty much part-time hours, so my more-than-full time schedule is particularly chafing at present.)

Whoever was talking about Longhorn, I always ask them to cook my food without added salt and they do. They will usually pull a non-marinated piece of salmon to grill, etc.

BBL soon with more enthusiasm...

Gail, metro ATL
  • Kalley1959
    Kalley1959 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I'm still battling this migraine. I'm exhausted from it. Today was the first day I couldn't even force myself to go for my morning walk. Hopefully I will tomorrow.

Liz - I'm so sorry about your sister. I'm sure she loves spending time with you too. It's something you will remember and appreciate the rest of your life.

Yanniejannie - I love my new shoes, what a difference they make. :happy:

Sorry I can't focus tonight. I'm going to go and lay down in my dark room with a cold pack.

Hugs to all that need it and cheers to all of those that have NSV and lost lbs.

:heart: Sandy from Ontario
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,374 Member
    Options
    katla - many times I'm like you, but I also know that my heart is in the right place. Sometimes the words aren't, but my heart is. And I bet anything it's the same way with you. Like Joyce, I can't even imagine what you go thru when your son is deployed. I know how I miss Bryan, but I also know that he's not in harm's way, but you......

I'm kind-of proud of myself about the Bryan situation. I do think of him often, but so far I'm not binging, which is good. I think I'll send them an email just saying "just to let you know that you're being thought of. How are things going? Diana - I do hope your mother is wearing her shawl in good health. Please give her my best". Saturday is going to be rough for me. There will be people asking me about the wedding, etc.

grandmalle - have a good time with your friend!

I'm thinking that this a.m. I'll go to Sam's and get the iced tea. Oh, I think my membership is up for renewal and I have a coupon for a $10 certificate, so I'll see if I'm right and can get the renewal with the certificate. Then I may stop at the dollar store to see if they have any more plastic wine glasses. Update: Sam's doesn't carry ANY unsweetened tea except tea bags.

yanniejannie - brown rice with applesauce doesn't sound too appealing. Hope you feel better soon

I'm currently wearing my Birkenstocks that originally I was going to return but the place was in Germany. The reviews said that they need to be broken in so I'm trying doing that. I know that my other pair are quite comfortable, maybe it's because they're broken in already

Liz - I'm ever so sorry to read about your sister. I had a very good friend who had brain cancer. Between the operations and all, she lived another 5 years. The docs didn't think she had that long, they only gave her a year or two. But she fooled them all. So there's hope. My heart goes out to you.

kevrit - hope you get the job if you really want it. So exciting!

Helped Vince outside some moving the table under the pergola and putting the solar kitty cat on slate, then went to the store. Didn't know that Sam's doesn't carry any premade unsweetened ice tea so went to WalMart next door. They only have one in the refrigerated section. For the life of me, I can't understand why it needs to be refrigerated. The ones they had that didn't need refrigeration were either sweetened or diet. Went to Dollar General to get more plastic wine glasses and had to go to another DG to get the rest. Did get some beach balls also. Food Lion doesn't sell any unsweetened premade ice tea except in the refrigerated section. Came home and did weedwacking (I'm not good at that), swept up the clippings, then helped Vince with the power washing. He powerwashed the entire upper deck, sidewalk and decking around the pool. Why he waited until the last minute is beyond me. He never did take the pic of Loki spread eagle for the "Warning Attack Cats," sign. What else is new?

Put down the tarp for the riverrock tomorrow. As we were bringing the bricks that we use to anchor the tarp down, Vince says to me "why did you put them over there, why not put them where the ends of the tarp will be?". So I just said "well, we can always move them". Honestly, like I'd know exactly where we were going to put the tarp and how big it'll be. It's really not that much work to move them about 5 steps.

Did 45 minutes of a band DVD today. Tomorrow I'll do Jillian Michael's Burn Fat Boost Metabolism DVD

Nancy - welcome to the "lifestyle" journey and come back often so we get to know you better.

Joyce - keep hugging MIL and doing what you're doing. That's the best medicine possible

barbie - I've heard so much about "salt sugar, fat", I'm going to have to check it out

Michele in NC
  • genealace
    genealace Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Late checking in for Thursday.

Lawn bowling this evening and our team won 19 5o 5 so we were quite pleased about that.

When I got home, I worked on my lace - have decided to do another sample (version 3) for my portfolio. Time pressure to get it done, but I wasn't completely happy with version 2 which was better than version1, but still not quite good enough.

Haven't had a chance to read today's posts - will catch up tomorrow.
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Michelle that sounds like a wonderful way to phrase an email to him. You aren't pressuring for any type of relationship, just leaving the door open and at the same time letting his know you are thinking of him and his new family.

Joyce
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,768 Member
    Options
    well got on the scale, thinking I would be up alot, but back down to the 154 mark.... I am happy...
    just having my warm lemon water and then will get dressed and go to the gym,I go into work at 10 and have to work till noon tomorrow ,but will be getting out a little early tomorrow so that I can go to the DH company picnic,I used to work there so I know alot of the people
    and it will be fun.. they have it at a resort type place with alot of food. so I will be bringing my insulated cup for water and if they have grilled chicken ill have that and some salad, and fruit ...
  • Anamika703
    Anamika703 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hello friends
    :smile: granmallie following you with warm water and lemon, have a nice time on the picnic. what bargain shopping! smart way to break up your calories
    :smile: Michelle hope you find your iced tea or maybe make some green tea and chill it. Yoga and deep water ex sounds like fun. Hope you have fun at your party
    :smile: Kalley1959 hope you r rid of your migraine soon, enjoy your shoes
    :smile: gardengail I noyiced the days I dont workout my mind is focused on grazing...... like make while the sun shines
    :smile: Barbie thanks for the encouragement
    :smile: yanniejannie hope you r feeling better
    :smile: Liz sending warm wishes and hugs to you and your sister
    :smile: kevrit so glad to hear you r active and walking ,yoga will strengthen your back and hope u get the position..... moving will make way for more new friends, and hopefully a better time
    :smile: megblair hooray for the basement and your bloodsugar
    :smile: Heather from sunny hampshire its nice to know you r feeling better...... love the immoral support you provide and lovely tips on food, that you share

:flowerforyou: NAncy in Ohio welcome! I came , I saw, I stayed on this group..... love the warmth and understanding and the support and a sense of belonging
    :flowerforyou: Joyce so nice that you shower your MIL with affection and love, she may not know but you do it still, and we love u more for being you
    :smile: Barbie will try to get hold of the book salt, sugar fat
    will go for my run for 45 mins and then some stretches
    Have a great day everyone
    Anamika
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,968 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Gail, the great thing about having routines that you are committed to is that you keep doing the right thing and don’t wait for motivation. At least when you get your enthusiasm back, you won’t have a string of days of sloth to make you feel worse. The last two years that I worked, I drove in the morning on the way to work past a woman walking her dog. I envied her so much and wished I could be doing that. One day at a time, I continued working and now I’m the woman walking her dog in the morning. I don’t know if anyone envies me but I love my life and thought I would never get to be this contented.

:brokenheart: Sandy, so sorry about your migraine…..I’ve heard lots of suggestions about how to avoid them, cure them, etc, but no one seems to have an answer that works all the time.

:flowerforyou: Michele, good for you not obsessing about Bryan…..just keep being the clock in the thunderstorm and come from a place of love. I love all your shopping stories. Here is mine. Costco had a wonderful ground flaxseed that we bought and loved putting in shakes. When I went to get another bag they didn’t have it and we asked about it and the clerk said that they couldn’t get a good deal on it so they weren’t buying it any more. So I found another kind at QFC a few days ago. Yesterday when we went to Costco for a regular shopping (dog food, kitty litter, walnuts, raisins, Jake’s favorite crackers), we found the flax seed again…..we bought two bags like hoarders afraid that we’d never see it again.

:flowerforyou: Anamika, enjoy your run…..what is the weather like? Where do you run?

:flowerforyou: I went to a potluck dinner last night and ate before I went. It was salad and dessert with lots of desserts and a lot of women letting me know how healthy their dishes were but I’m too educated on calories, fat, sugar, and salt to be swayed. Most of them know that I don’t eat at potlucks so it was no big deal. There were corn muffins and I thought about having one until I realized that I’ve never had just one. I decided that my plan had been to not eat at the potluck and I’d stick to my plan. That has been my most successful strategy for over four years. If I ever decide that I can’t live without a huge binge on corn muffins I’ll make my own.

:bigsmile: I’m off to walk the dogs in a few minutes then go to an early spiritual meeting. We used to go once a week and now we go three or four times. Later I go to the line dance class where I’m teaching half the class and possibly go out to lunch because there are five women coming from out of town and although I don’t want to go out to lunch, I’d like to spend some time with them.

:heart: Barbie from sunny NW Washington

“If it’s important to you then you will find a way, if it’s not you’ll find an excuse.”

1461351h0otf8hco5.gif
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Good morning beautiful ladies:flowerforyou:

Yanniejannie :smile: Sure hope you`re feeling better:flowerforyou: ! Brown rice and applesauce…ick:noway: !

LizPlus :smile: So sorry to hear about your sister falling:cry: . My aunt had brain cancer, it just broke my heart. You`re a wonderful sister being with her right now:flowerforyou: . I`m sure she appreciates you being there!

Kevrit :smile: A simple quiet life:love: …sounds fabulous to me too! Good luck with the in person interview. Good for you getting in a bit of exercise, every little bit helps!!!

Juanita :smile: Congrats on that pound coming off!!!!

Jane Martin :smile: Hope you had a good active rest day, and your knees and legs are feeling better today:flowerforyou: !

Meg :smile: Hope you got some answers from your diabetic educator! I know about needing time away from the kids, sometimes I need time away from the dog:tongue::laugh: !

Heather :smile: I think it`s good you`re going to follow up and find out what started everything! Good for you getting an afternoon nap, I love naps:love: , just don`t get the opportunity often to have one! Hope you enjoy your company, sounds like you`ll be feeding them very well!

Nancy in OH :smile: Welcome to the group! Hope you`ll stop in often and chat with us!

Grandmallie:smile: Sounds like you had a productive day! Congrats on the scale going down!!! A picnic sounds fun!

Joyce :smile: Keep on hugging MIL, I`m sure she loves every minute of it:love: !!! How old is she?

Barbie :smile: I would love to see the pic of your line dancing group!!!

Gail :smile: Not very motivated and ready to retire, I know that feeling! Hope today is a better day for you:flowerforyou: !

Sandy in ON :smile: Hope that migraine is gone now:flowerforyou: !!! When I get one I usually only have it for a day, the next day I just kind of feel out of sorts. Rest, rest, rest!!!

Michele :smile: When is the party? This weekend is supposed to be beautiful, low 80`s and low humidity!!!

Genealace :smile: Congrats on your lawn bowling win!!!

Anamika :smile: Glad you came in and decided to stay!!!

Barbie :smile: Jb has a great recipe for a low cal corn muffin:love: , I make the little ones so I can eat 2 of them:laugh: !!! Hope you enjoy being with friends at lunch today!

I went in for my Dr. appt. yesterday, saw the PA since my Dr. is on vacation, she looked all of 14 years old:noway: …had absolutely no clue what was wrong with my leg, so she got the other Dr. in the office to come look at it. I was told it was not phlebitis, not a blood clot, maybe it`s a shin splint, hmmmm…does shin splints make your upper thigh hurt too:huh: ??? Actually the pain moves all over my leg. Anyhow was given some exercises to do, told to stop walking so much and ice my leg. I usually don`t count taking Noel out for a walk as part of my exercise, I guess though that`s all I`ll be getting for the next few days:ohwell: . I also have a sinus infection:sad: …yuck…I had a feeling I had that. I don`t like antibiotics they always make me feel sick on my stomach:sick: . However I don`t want the sinus infection to get any worse.

Hope all you beauties have a wonderful day today!!! Drink your water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: and log your food!!!

Hugs,
    DeeDee in finally sunny NC:glasses: (the ground is still soggy though, when you step on it squishes:frown: )
  • moharma
    moharma Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Good morning, all!
    Thanks for all your welcome messages...

SANDY- Ive only had one migraine in my life and wouldnt wish that on anyone. Hang in there- hope you recover soon

DEEDEE- I hate when I go to the doctor and they cant be definitive. When I go I want a clear diagnosis and a treatment plan.
    Recovering from surgery, I've learned that the simple exercises and icing can make a huge difference . Hopefully they will for
    you too

BARBIE- No food at a potluck??!!? Wow! My hat is off to you. That has always been my big chance to overeat and I cant imagine
    having the willpower to refrain- even if I ate before I went.

LIZ- I have thought about you alot since I read your first post. My sister had lung cancer and survived for about three years. We
    knew the prognosis was bad from the beginniing. Basically the whole thing totally sucked. We were very close and
    watching a sibling go through this is so hard. Perhaps your sisters outcome will be better
    The one thing that was a huge help to me was a friend who is a palliative care nurse. If you havent met with someone who
    does this work , I would urge you to do so. Dont be afraid of the name , they work with many people at many stages of
    illness. My friend helped me informally but her advice was invaluable. We went through all of this very recently so if I can help
    you in any way, I will. (maybe that offer coming from someone you dont know seems disingenuous ,but I mean it)

Today its rainy so I didnt get to start my morning with my usual coffee and book on the deck. I obviously dont have the get-up-and-go that so many of you seem to have. I plan to make my meal plans for the next week and then go to the gym. There I'll ride the expresso bike (Im obsessed with those trails) and do some strength training. Exciting, right? We will go out to dinner tonight because we always go out on Friday night so I will have to be very careful all day- mainly veggies.

Have a good day

Nancy from Ohio
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,870 Member
    Options
    Hello to All: Well today DH and I are celebrating our 44th wedding anniversary.:heart: Hard to believe it has really been that many years. DH asked me what I wanted for our anniversary and I told him tickets to the stage play of War Horse so we are going to put our celebration on hold until September 6 and then go out to dinner and to the play. I am really looking forward to that. The life-size horse puppets are supposed to be fantastic.

Liz - Glad you are getting time to spend with your sister.

Joyce - It is good that you are able to take time for your MIL. Good for you!

Cheryl - So sorry you have to sell your horse. That is a really hard decision to make but you need to feel safe and still enjoy riding. Hope you find just the right horse that will take care of you.

Everyone have a wonderful day! I know I will. I have a massage scheduled to help relax those muscles that physical therapy makes sore. Healing angels to those in need and congrats to all with successes. Sue in SD