Options

Replies

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,195 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    MichSmish wrote: »
    Alzzi76 wrote: »
    Hey, ... does anyone here enjoy irsh coffee..?

Why was this flagged?

I have no idea why this was flagged either. I don't believe in censorship at all.

• RubyRed427
    Options

this was an old idea that ive recently gone back on. Ihad them as a treat occationally but then got into a bad habit after i had a lot of stress and had lots to do. I felt it got me going without thinking abt my worries. I was really stressed out with a lot to do and not know where to start and this old idea came to me and i gave in.

I had to look it up! I thought it was with Bailey's. I'm sorry your comment was flagged. I don't know why. Please continue to post and give us your thoughts. Xoxo
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    becky3695 wrote: »
    pdnrrxr2olje.jpeg

I have walked around my house with this baby bottle till it is almost hot.... it is still sealed as of now. Almost bedtime...

This is far more difficult than I thought it would be.

Becky , how did you do? You made me laugh when you said baby bottle, and then I saw the picture:)
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options

Why was this flagged?

I have no idea why this was flagged either. I don't believe in censorship at all. I would never do that. I would also hope that we all accept each others' comments kindly like we have been.

I bet someone accidentally flagged it while scrolling on their phone.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,817 Member
    Options
    becky3695 wrote: »

Why was this flagged?

I have no idea why this was flagged either. I don't believe in censorship at all. I would never do that. I would also hope that we all accept each others' comments kindly like we have been.

I bet someone accidentally flagged it while scrolling on their phone.

Gotchya. I noticed it flagged, and was curious. You’re probably right, most likely a slip of a thumb.

I hope everyone is having a lovely Wednesday evening!
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    machchic wrote: »
    Had a stressful day that ended on a good note after a successful meeting with a client. I even got home earlier since I did not go back to the office. I had an hour drive and the entire time I thought about what I normally would do when I get home. It would not be working out it would be winding down with a few vodka on the rocks. Instead I got home, put on my work out clothes and walked an hour, then made dinner with a few stressful moments ( didn't have all the ingredients, blah,blah blah, long story short I yelled to my husband "pour me a drink" he snapped back your not drinking during the week. I was shocked he noticed, I really have not said much to him about what I am doing. Several minutes later he said you were joking right? I said yes and I made it. 6 minute rule is incredible. It is 8:01pm and I made it. (BTW I was not joking but once I said it I felt like failure, but I am not!! I talked myself through it)

That's a great story! That's so sweet of your husband to say that. Yes, wait six minutes, and the craving passes. Xo
  • justlog
    justlog Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    So here’s where I’ve been since Saturday. Went to a local brewery and didn’t drink a sip (never do when I have the keys). But, I walked out with a growler of one of my favorite beers. Since the beer goes flat pretty soon, I finished most of it by Tuesday and had to toss the rest due to it being flat. Shot my 2 per week goal to hell.

At this point I don’t even crave a sip or the smell. I’m going to “up” the ante on my goal and say forget the 2 per week for the rest of this month AND February.

My day 1 was yesterday and this morning woke up to that most inviting clear feeling. Such a different feeling.
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    justlog wrote: »
    So here’s where I’ve been since Saturday. Went to a local brewery and didn’t drink a sip (never do when I have the keys). But, I walked out with a growler of one of my favorite beers. Since the beer goes flat pretty soon, I finished most of it by Tuesday and had to toss the rest due to it being flat. Shot my 2 per week goal to hell.

At this point I don’t even crave a sip or the smell. I’m going to “up” the ante on my goal and say forget the 2 per week for the rest of this month AND February.

My day 1 was yesterday and this morning woke up to that most inviting clear feeling. Such a different feeling.

I'll do February challenge with you! I feel
    Really good every morning now. Xo
  • kcn2bluesky
    kcn2bluesky Posts: 187 Member
    Options

Love this idea and your encouragement of others!! <3
    I’m going strong with January so far (alcohol-free last night again and not missing it at all), and I might be in for continuing this into February. I bet there are plenty of others that will join you as well! Thank you so much for the fabulous thread, Julie!

• RubyRed427
    Options
    lbpfahler wrote: »

Thanks, Lori! I love reading articles, because they reinforce my stamina to succeed.
  • RubyRed427
    Options

Love this idea and your encouragement of others!! <3
    I’m going strong with January so far (alcohol-free last night again and not missing it at all), and I might be in for continuing this into February. I bet there are plenty of others that will join you as well! Thank you so much for the fabulous thread, Julie!

Awesome! Congratulations! I know it's not easy resisting, but as time moves on, I'm not really missing it either. Thanks for being part of OUR journey. We are in this together through thick and thin... hopefully thin:)
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    bdbchick wrote: »
    Went out to dinner with family for my brothers birthday and didn’t have any booze at all. I was my parents DD so they could have a couple drinks themselves.

I think even saying you're the DD is very powerful. We went from needing an Uber to being a DD. What a change!
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    Sheesh!! I wish I would've ran into this thread last month.... I love the support found here. <3 Thank you.

Looking forward to hearing from you. This thread may have saved and changed my life. We shall see. xoxo
  • RubyRed427
    edited January 2018
    Options
    This morning when I woke up after another night of great sleep I was thinking about what has sabotaged my efforts at moderation in the past. I think I have hit on it - on non-drinking days I’ve always viewed it as a drag, or boring or deprivation. Like let me get through this day so I get to have wine again. This month so far has taught me the biggest problem is my attitude. Not drinking is great, I feel great, I still get to enjoy tasty beverages (albeit alcohol free) I get to be healthier - it’s all a good thing and positive (not a deprived state) - as this month closes out that’s what I want to carry forward.

Yes! And I rarely deprive myself so I end up just drinking every day.

You're on the right track! Stay strong! Clever idea: drinking through the straw like you always did, so the brain may be tricked into finding satisfaction without alcohol. Do you keep a dream journal? The other day, my dream was in the color blue. But very pleasing blues. When I looked it up, there some positive meanings being that color. Hope Your bad dreams fade away.
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    NormInv wrote: »
    Day 10 - stressful day at work and horrible traffic on my way home....but drove by the liquor store and stopping to buy anything did not even cross my mind. This is a huge success because I always used to rush to vodka after a tough day.

Making great progress! Proud of you!
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    This is an awesome post. Way to go @JulieAL1969 and everyone else.
    I can very much relate on some of the things you have mentioned in this post.
    This new year I promised myself to keep the drinking to Fri/Sat and maybe a bit on Sun.
    I was tried of being hungover/bloated and it was affecting my new job.
    Not to mention how much it costs to drink everyday and I can finish a bottle of wine and few hard drinks in a night.
    So far I have stuck to my goal only drinking on the weekend and I'm feeling so much better and my work ethic has improved so much along with my personal happiness.
    I have also noticed already my waistline shrinking from the bloating which makes me happy

Great accomplishments! Keep up the positive thinking. Personal happiness is a power feeling:)