January 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    My garmin FR35 is not syncing this morning. I just got it at Christmas and this is the first time I haven't been able to get into such. Is anyone else having garmin issues? I am gettingvready to go for my long run and now I am worried I will lose my data.

@kgirlhart - I think Garmin is down right now. I'm having trouble with it, but my activity still made it to Strava so I know it picked it up and saved it. I can't get Garmin connect to open on my computer either so I think it's something on their end.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    My garmin FR35 is not syncing this morning. I just got it at Christmas and this is the first time I haven't been able to get into such. Is anyone else having garmin issues? I am gettingvready to go for my long run and now I am worried I will lose my data.

@kgirlhart - I think Garmin is down right now. I'm having trouble with it, but my activity still made it to Strava so I know it picked it up and saved it. I can't get Garmin connect to open on my computer either so I think it's something on their end.

Think it's this too. I could get on earlier today, but now GC won't load on my computer.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    seanevan10 wrote: »
    Tried to get 4 miles yesterday and had a hard time. About 1.5 miles in my hr was getting to high and my leg was hurting so shortly after turned around and did walk/ run back to base. Oh well. I'm still fat, trying to get eating back under control so i can train and not die. Today is just yoga and rest.

Oh I feel for you. Hope the leg is just in need of some added rest. Enjoy yoga.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    seanevan10 wrote: »
    Tried to get 4 miles yesterday and had a hard time. About 1.5 miles in my hr was getting to high and my leg was hurting so shortly after turned around and did walk/ run back to base. Oh well. I'm still fat, trying to get eating back under control so i can train and not die. Today is just yoga and rest.

Oh I feel for you. Hope the leg is just in need of some added rest. Enjoy yoga.

Be careful if your still too heavy. Really easy to get injured. Hikes up hills are a good substitute and are not as hard on the feet. Swimming and biking are easier on the body also. Good luck.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options

Reboot your phone, then re open the Garmin app, and sync again. This happens randomly with the Garmins but you should not lose anything.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    Re: Garmins - I think they have had a server problem today
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    Jan 7:
    Bulldog loop with friend in 4hr for 15.53mi 2949ft/gain

2018 Goals:
    200,000’ gain
    1500 miles

YTD Stats:
    4,972’ gain
    29 miles
    I am so, totally jealous of your elevation.
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    I was so sore today and last night from the tough glute workout Friday and then the 8 mile run Saturday - so today it was just an arm workout. Too windy/cold for cycling. Hopefully next weekend!

1/1 - 4.5 miles #RWRunStreak Day 40!!! I’m done!
    1/2 - REST day!
    1/3 - Strength training - glutes/arms
    1/4 - 5 miles
    1/5 - strength training - glutes/arms W4C
    1/6 - 8 miles
    1/7 - strength training - arms only

exercise.png

• KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    01.01.18 - 10 m. TM @ 8:30.
    01.02.18 - 9 m. TM @ 9:15.
    01.04.18 - 8 m. TM @ 9:22 / Bike Trainer for 60 minutes.
    01.05.18 - 8.1 m. TM @ 9:10.
    01.06.18 - 9 m. TM @ 8:40 / Bike Trainer for 60 minutes.
    01.07.18 - 7.4 m. @ 8:31. 51.50 running miles for the week.

January Goal - 220 total running miles. Begin IM 70.3 Bike Training program.

Tentative Race Calendar:
    1.27 or 1.28 - Scheduling.
    3.4.18 - Little Rock Marathon
    4.7.18 - Yakima River Canyon Marathon
    5.6.18 - Flying Pig Marathon
    5.20.18 - IronMan 70.3 Chattanooga
    7.14.18 - IronMan 70.3 Muncie

MM - 7877