Replies

• missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    JFT 3/13
    log everything
    stay green
    drink 80
    yoga class--i have to go the the later class, which is intermediate instead of my usual beginner. hope i can keep up.
    Kristian has a full day today. this afternoon he is coming to shadow at high school, going with a friend of ours to his elective classes. then his p/t conferences.
  • Creofan
    Creofan Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    OK, I'm in!
    JFT 3/13

15 miles on the Spinning bike
    Log my food & exercise
    Shovel the steps
    Create a healthy dinner
    Vacuum the lower level of my home
    Clean my home office
    Write a note of gratitude
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    @missheidi If I could come to Kansas and organize your kitchen/pantry I totally would! I find silly things like incredibly cathartic. Lol. Congrats on making dinner work! That's kind of insane how you have to do it! I probably would have just stayed away from pasta altogether. Lol. I hope Kristian has a great time at the HS!

@Creofan Welcome! This is a great group here! I hope that you come and enjoy. Check-in often! That's how I think a lot of us stay on track! Those look like awesome goals! I need to start writing out gratitude as well!

@mcbeef29 YOU ARE AWESOME! I love all of the positivity that is always in your goals! I think I need to start adding some to my goals as well! I hope you have a great day as well!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,340 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's commitments:
    - Log everything I eat :)
    - Stick to food plan :| Nearly, just had...
    - No alcohol :) .... one g&t at comedy gig. Comedy is much improved by alcohol
    - Walk to work :)
    - 30+ minute lunch break (look at holidays) :)
    - Spend 30+ minutes reading line management course guide :)

LOL!!! Very true! Look at all those smiles! You are kicking butt, lady!

@sarah74_vt Look at all your smiles! Eight orders done! Awesome!

@Bex953172 Honey, you have your hands full right now! Vent away. My first pregnancy, I had twins and then had one more little boy 2 years later. 3 under the age of 2 was crazy busy and my house was often a mess and my nerves were often frazzled as I got no sleep. So, you just take it one day, one hour and sometimes one minute at a time to get through crazy moments and remember to take some "me" time whenever you get the chance. Even a 15 minute timeout for yourself... Just sit and take deep breaths... Sending you hugs...and hoping to send you a quilt soon!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,490 Member
    Options
    DST always screws up my body. Think I'm getting back on track after clock change & busy weekend...

Recap Sun. 3/11 ~ didn't post earlier
    1) Walked dog 3.9 miles 1:05:38 ~ glad we went while still sunny & happy dog B)
    2) Drink plenty water to flush system = 12c should've been more :neutral:
    3) Usual breakfast / leftovers day / net calories green = Net calories red 161, sodium / sugar / protein great, fiber ok :/
    4) Floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / bed & TV off 10:15 :smiley: then remembered I forgot to cancel Schwans delivery (online) for Mon. so got up briefly :#

Recap M 3/12
    1) Treadmill before work (hate getting up in dark again) = 3 mi / 49:29 / stretched... kind of surprised I got up early before work after time change :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 12,186 steps, 250+ steps 14/14 (boom!) hours & 37 floors :smiley:
    3) Usual breakfast & snacks / leftovers for lunch / not sure of supper / net calories green = Net calories were on track for day, until evening snack attack of the veggie straws ~ did not log & 15c water :s
    4) At least 1-2 to-do's = refilled heated birdbath & 7 birdfeeders and read Sunday ads :smiley:
    5) Unplug 9:00 :smiley: / floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / bed & TV off 10:15 :smiley: 9:45 :o

JFT T 3/13 ~ Didn't even hit the snooze alarm this morning...I shut off alarm in my sleep. No treadmill before work, guess this is a rest day.
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    2) Usual breakfast & snacks / leftovers for lunch & supper / net calories green / monitor usual
    3) Figure out CPE templates & surveys for next week's seminar (new "smart" dashboard & I'm confused) / contact support if necessary
    4) Evening: organize tax docs for preparer & contact preparer / wash dishes / maybe 1 more to-do
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / bed & TV off 10:15

@OConnell5483 I love your 3 tiny habits idea, I may have to try that!
  • missheidi
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Today’s been pooooo

Partner has been pretty ill today, I’ve had 4 hours sleep with a lot of night nursing until around 1am and becausenof that I didn’t tidy up last night which I thought would be no problem as I can do it in the morning.
    But with the lack of sleep and trying to feed a baby again, do breakfast for the other two, look after my partner when he was being sick all the while I’m soaked in milk and just generally very worse for wear :sweat_smile: and a midwife visit at 9.30am the outlook of even getting my daughter to nursery was bleak. So decided to keep her home.
    Tried to reschedule said midwife visit today just til tomorrow and basically they just pushed and pushed until I HAD to let them come round.
    Baby is still a bit jaundiced. And now she’s two weeks old (how fast has THAT gone!) it’s called “prolonged jaundice” so they need to do extra blood tests and possible photo-light therapy (? Not sure if that’s it’s actual name)

So on the phone they basically put it as “we need to do the tests” I explained the situation and that I simply didn’t want anyone round today and they said that they had to because it’s “what’s best for baby” and I took that as they were implying that I didn’t care what was best for baby. And after having previous postnatal depression that did not go down well. At. All.
    I then start shouting at them, crying down the phone saying that it was too much for them to come today as I have enough to do and she says “well it sounds like you need help!” And then I REALLY lost it shouting that it was their $hitty comments like that that would make me ill again. I didn’t need “help” and “help” would be them understanding that I simply had too much on my hands to even deal with that today and they should respect that and come tomorrow!

And after all that, I still ending up agreeing that they would come round. So she comes round, pushing me to take her to the hospital to run the tests. I said you can take the blood test here. These have since been reviewed and the levels are a little high but said I’m more than okay to come in the morning (LIKE I EFFING SAID!)
    So they’ve caused me a day of stress for nothing

They’ve put me on a feeding plan which is really difficult (BF every 3 hours and express on top of that to top her up after her feed) and with no prestored milk it’s been awful. I had to pump, then feed, then feed her the expressed, wait an hour to rehydrate myself and pump again ready for the next feed. And I’m only getting about an oz which is making me feel even worse.
    And now I have a pounding headache myself and my glands in my neck are swelling.

The midwifes have said so many triggering things and I’ve held together every time.
    Just trying to hold out til I’m discharged from their care and just not crack in the meantime

Sorry for the long unrelated post, just had to get it out to save my sanity!

oh sweetheart. i'm so sorry. i can emphasize completely with the bf problems. is she getting enough to eat, just the pumping not going well? PPdepression sucks, and i would think the MIDWIFE would understand that you are two weeks out and your hormones are still super crazy.
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    JFT Monday
    1. Water :/
    2. 7:20 bus :)
    3. Breakfast with Sue :)
    4. Work :)
    5. Walk with hubby :) YES!
    6. Find dessert recipe for company :/ oops
    7. Brush and floss :)
    8. Bed by 10:30 :/ nope
    JFT Tuesday
    1. Water
    2. JFT
    3. Meditation
    4. Work
    5. Dessert recipe
    6. Brush and floss
    7. Bed by 10:30

I agree with @cschmitz110515 Time changes throw me for a loop :s
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    missheidi wrote: »
    Today’s been pooooo

Partner has been pretty ill today, I’ve had 4 hours sleep with a lot of night nursing until around 1am and becausenof that I didn’t tidy up last night which I thought would be no problem as I can do it in the morning.
    But with the lack of sleep and trying to feed a baby again, do breakfast for the other two, look after my partner when he was being sick all the while I’m soaked in milk and just generally very worse for wear :sweat_smile: and a midwife visit at 9.30am the outlook of even getting my daughter to nursery was bleak. So decided to keep her home.
    Tried to reschedule said midwife visit today just til tomorrow and basically they just pushed and pushed until I HAD to let them come round.
    Baby is still a bit jaundiced. And now she’s two weeks old (how fast has THAT gone!) it’s called “prolonged jaundice” so they need to do extra blood tests and possible photo-light therapy (? Not sure if that’s it’s actual name)

So on the phone they basically put it as “we need to do the tests” I explained the situation and that I simply didn’t want anyone round today and they said that they had to because it’s “what’s best for baby” and I took that as they were implying that I didn’t care what was best for baby. And after having previous postnatal depression that did not go down well. At. All.
    I then start shouting at them, crying down the phone saying that it was too much for them to come today as I have enough to do and she says “well it sounds like you need help!” And then I REALLY lost it shouting that it was their $hitty comments like that that would make me ill again. I didn’t need “help” and “help” would be them understanding that I simply had too much on my hands to even deal with that today and they should respect that and come tomorrow!

And after all that, I still ending up agreeing that they would come round. So she comes round, pushing me to take her to the hospital to run the tests. I said you can take the blood test here. These have since been reviewed and the levels are a little high but said I’m more than okay to come in the morning (LIKE I EFFING SAID!)

They’ve put me on a feeding plan which is really difficult (BF every 3 hours and express on top of that to top her up after her feed) and with no prestored milk it’s been awful. I had to pump, then feed, then feed her the expressed, wait an hour to rehydrate myself and pump again ready for the next feed. And I’m only getting about an oz which is making me feel even worse.
    And now I have a pounding headache myself and my glands in my neck are swelling.

The midwifes have said so many triggering things and I’ve held together every time.
    Just trying to hold out til I’m discharged from their care and just not crack in the meantime

oh sweetheart. i'm so sorry. i can emphasize completely with the bf problems. is she getting enough to eat, just the pumping not going well? PPdepression sucks, and i would think the MIDWIFE would understand that you are two weeks out and your hormones are still super crazy.

Yeah gets plenty from me just I can’t get hardly anything from expressing, it’s so annoying lol
  • missheidi
    Options
    missheidi wrote: »
    JFT 3/13
    log everything
    stay green
    drink 80
    yoga class--i have to go the the later class, which is intermediate instead of my usual beginner. hope i can keep up.
    Kristian has a full day today. this afternoon he is coming to shadow at high school, going with a friend of ours to his elective classes. then his p/t conferences.

idk who i'm more nervous for, Kristian, Austin (the friend he's with) or the teachers he's visiting.
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Today’s been pooooo

Wondering how today has gone. Also, can you explain a bit why the madhatters are wanting you to pump if C is getting enough milk? I'm a bit perplexed at that...of course it's been 21 years since I've BF so maybe there's a new way of doing something??? And if you are too wiped out to wipe your...well, you know...don't worry about trying to explain anything!!! hugs hugs hugs
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    @toaljasa I've been meaning to ask, how is your daughter? Is she recovered? Did she find a new car?
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    @toaljasa I've been meaning to ask, how is your daughter? Is she recovered? Did she find a new car?

Thanks for asking. She's still sore and is exhausted when she returns home from work. But swelling is going down and bruising not worse.

A blessing about the car...So, as I may have said before, one of my dearest friend's daughter married our son (the couple who miscarried). We traveled together as families (a total of 8 kids, woo-hoo!) and now just the four of us (they were the ones who were recently visiting us). ANYWAY, I was at her house yesterday and she said her husband announced he is buying her a new car and to see if J and B would like to have the current car, which has 200k miles on it, but is still in excellent condition.) J, our son, has a beater of a car, but he offered it to our daughter. He has kept it in good shape but has a zillion miles on it. But it will be a great stop gap until she finds something that is a bit more reliable.

In the meantime, another dear friend offered me her Lexus to drive while I'm here...she insisted she's fine driving the big honkin' pick up truck. So I have a car while I'm here. And then daughter's friend is traveling to Equador and offered her the car while she's gone so she has not had to rent a vehicle. Blessings all around :) I am thankful.
  • Bex953172
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    Today’s been pooooo

Wondering how today has gone. Also, can you explain a bit why the madhatters are wanting you to pump if C is getting enough milk? I'm a bit perplexed at that...of course it's been 21 years since I've BF so maybe there's a new way of doing something??? And if you are too wiped out to wipe your...well, you know...don't worry about trying to explain anything!!! hugs hugs hugs

Well my glands in my neck have gone back down! But my voice has disappeared with it!

Feeding helps the bilirubin break down and mature the liver. So the more she feeds the quicker her jaundice will do.
    And because you can’t tell how much she’s getting from me then she said a little top up just to make sure she’s full will help!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    @toaljasa

Forgot to say how the rest of the day went.
    I didn’t go in the morning, was busy, so went to the hosp this afternoon.
    She had her observations done, so weight, heart rate etc.
    I had to get a urine sample from her so basically has to sit with a put under her for ages!
    Got to a point where I googled “how to make a newborn pee on demand” and she finally did one as I was searching.
    Then the blood tests. Needle in her hand. Had to fill 4 baby vials. Got 3 done and it started to coagulate. So she took needle out and got the blood straight from her hand, then that started to coagulate because she was just faffing around and then she had to lance her foot to get the last vial filled!
    Poor baby put up a right fight and was not happy but she got good samples apparently so shouldn’t need repeating!

Now just waiting for results.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Jumping on here quickly without time to catch up but hope everyone is doing well. Hope to have more time in the morning to see how everyone is.

Goals for 13/3:
    - exercise before kids get up ✅
    - Water!!! ✅
    - Stay within calorie goal ✅
    - Data input 2 ✅
    - Chase head for meeting :| there was a big incident today involving another class so it didn’t feel appropriate to bother her
    - Maybe hot yoga if above gets finished ✅

Glad I made it to yoga tonight but will have to be really efficient in my planning time tomorrow morning as lots to do.

Goals14/3:
    - exercise before kids get up
    - Stay within calorie goal
    - 15k+ steps
    - 2ltr+ water
    - Try to do enough steps during planning time
    - Final data input
    - Parents eve appointment scheduling - check re sibs first thing
    - Flipchart for maths lesson before kids arrive
    - School council prep
    - Science week prep
    - Money for daughter’s charity day
    - Contact dance school re next week
    - Research easter activity camps

• biche896
    biche896 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    biche896 wrote: »

for todays goals:

Apple cider vinegar - done
    Vitamin D - done
    C25k - done
    Eat within macros/calories
    Pray
    Drink 2 litres of water
    10k steps
    Lift
    Fibre

I met everything but having Fibre.

For today:
    Apple cider vinegar - done
    Vitamin D - done
    Eat within macros/calories
    Pray - done
    Drink 2 litres of water
    10k steps
    Lift
  • hyperinchrist
    hyperinchrist Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Wow, you are on a role...awesomeness
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Tuesday:
    1. Log accurately. ✔ Pack lunch and log it before heading out. ✔ Tea. ✔ Morning meds. ✔
    2. Outline weeks 11-12 for freshmen 11-13 for sophomores. ✔ Divide up terms list. ✔ Create quiz for Friday and test for next Friday. ❌ Create Headbandz cards for Week A terms. ✔ Review Week 4 essay & Week 5 discussion. ✔
    3. Daily 5-min meditation. ❌ UPDATE CLASS WEBSITES. ✔ Add thrift store donation & used bookstore to Saturday's plans. ✔ Review assessments for freshmen. ❌ NO CART Apr 26-27. Type sub plans for Thursday. ❌ Print student work & rubrics. ✔
    4. 1 set body exercises (10 lifted push-ups ALL THE WAY DOWN, 10 lunges each leg, 70 sec plank, 40 sec forward fold, 20 sec triangle each side, 40 sec down dog, 30 sec crane/tree each leg, 15 side leg lifts) aim for 2. ❌ 5k steps at school; aim for 6. ✔
    5. Write Week 4 essay part 1. ❌ Reply to I. ❌ Check on B - dinner tomorrow? ✔ Bag clothes for thrift store donation. ✔ GRADE ALL RESEARCH. ❌
    6. Outside run to 10k; aim for 12. ✔ Dinner - Plated 2? Chop more celery. ✔ Teeth flossed, rinsed, brushed; in bed by 9:45. ✔

JFT Wednesday:
    1. Log accurately. Log lunch before heading out. Tea. Morning meds. Take book to school for S.
    2. Type Week 11 plans. Create quiz for Friday and test for next Friday. Review Week 5 discussion. TPCASTT WITH BOTH CLASSES! Play Kahoot! to review figurative language.
    3. Daily 5-min meditation. UPDATE CLASS WEBSITES. Add thrift store donation & used bookstore to Saturday's plans. Review freshmen unit after spring break and brainstorm ideas. NO CART Apr 26-27. Type sub plans for Thursday. Print rubrics for ungraded assessments. Email D about book order.
    4. PLANNING: a - TYPE AND PRINT SUB PLANS FOR TOMORROW DADGUMMIT!!! b - Write Week 4 part 1. c - Grade ALL freshman work and 2 assignments EACH sophomore class. d - Input grades.
    5. 1 set body exercises (10 lifted push-ups ALL THE WAY DOWN, 10 lunges each leg, 70 sec plank, 40 sec forward fold, 20 sec triangle each side, 40 sec down dog, 30 sec crane/tree each leg, 15 side leg lifts) aim for 2. 5k steps at school; aim for 6.
    6. GET MEDS FROM DENTIST. Reply to I. Dinner with B? GRADE ALL RESEARCH.
    7. Gym for Day 3 strength; run to 10k; aim for 12. Chop more celery. Teeth flossed, rinsed, brushed; in bed by 9:45.

Scale goals

November: 183.6
    December: 176.6
    January: 174.6
    February: 173.6
    March 1: 172.4.
    March 31 goal: 170.4
    March 19 goal: 173.5

March 13: 178.8. Managed to log today. Can I do it tomorrow? Let's find out!

Today I Learned That: Running outside "for real" is a heckuva lot more challenging than running on the treadmill. There's wind, variable terrain, and even when it's clear, it still sucks because even though the sun wasn't low in the sky, it was still bright enough in general to make my eyes ache and water. Ugh.

Life would be an awful lot easier if I wasn't so dadgum vain.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,340 Member
    Options
    Just for Tuesday, 3/13
    1. Journal every bite :)I journaled it. Good thing I didn't make a goal to stay green, because today was BAD!!! I packed a much too light lunch and turned into an absolute glutton at dinner. At least I'm aware and journaled honestly, I guess!
    2. Hydrate, Hydrate Hydrate (more than Monday) :)
    3. After every meeting, go get a glass of water and take a lap through the building :) Done to the best of my ability but some meetings didn't end early enough for me to leave my desk.
    4. 6000 steps / 250+ steps every hour :/ Just didn't have it in me yet. Still very fatigued. But I did hit the 250+ steps 5/10 hours today, so that's better than I usually do! (Thanks for this idea @cschmitz110515)
    5. Work on 3 tiny habits: After pouring coffee, read 1 Bible verse. After finishing dinner, pick out tomorrow's outfit. After brushing teeth at bedtime, wash and moisturize my face. :):):)Done, Done and Done!
    6. Email catch-up at work. Handle each email once and get it out of my Inbox :)Working on it.
    7. Podcasts: Optimal Living Daily, Optimal Health Daily, Minimalism :)
    8. Body, Mind & Spirit - address each :):):) b]Got my hair cut and colored tonight, read more on habit creation and said morning prayers after showering this morning. [/b]
    9. Prep for tomorrow tonight :)I think I will take this a step further and pre-log my food tonight. I cannot have another gluttonous day like today! UGH
    10. Unplug 9:00, read Simple Abundance, Beck's Diet Solution, 52 Small Changes to a Happier You (title?) and Joyce Meyer's New Day New You. :smile: On my way there when I finish up here. Really fatigued tonight.
    12. Do NOT hit snooze in the morning! (This should be #1 but I just thought of it.) :sI think it will be a miracle if I EVER actually meet this goal!

Just for Wednesday:
    1. Get up without hitting snooze
    2. Work on building tiny habits: After I pour coffee, I will read one scripture verse. After I towel dry my hair, I will say a morning prayer to start my day. After I finish dinner, I will pick out tomorrow's outfit. After I brush my teeth in the evening, I will wash my face. (@cschmitz110515 This is taken from a challenge i'm doing on another thread. There is a website also that it's based off of called tinyhabits.com Pretty doable approach, I think!)
    4. Journal everything I eat
    5. Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate.
    6. 6000 steps, 250+ steps each hour
    7. Take time to address each Body, Mind & Spirit
    8. Pack tomorrow's lunch and prelog food
    9. Pay bills
    10. Perform one random act of kindness
    11. Pick away at email at work...touch each one only ONCE.
    12. Unplug 9:00, read Simple Abundance, Beck's Diet Solution, and Joyce Meyer's New Day New You.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

I cannot always control what happens in life, but I can certainly control how I react to it!