JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,079 Member
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    JFT, Monday
    1. try and go to the gym ... but if I don't, I need the sleep. Not nearly enough sleep last nite, so I may sleep in.
    2. log all food
    3. concentrate on water
    4. call disability office and make appt
    5. try to work a little more on my quilt so I can clean up the dining room
    6. get back on here - be accountable.

Awe --- not even going to mark stuff - gee - this was from Monday!

I called the disability office monday morning - and they know my daughter was making over the amount that is allowed. They told me it would be best to bring in all her paystubs ASAP.
    So monday afternoon, I gathered everything together, and went in. The lady did tell me there is a very high possibility our daughter will lose her disability. The government thinks that $1000 is over the poverty level - even when she is trying to live along- so that will cause her to lose disability.
    I tried to point out that she had FIVE W2s, because the jobs only last about 2-3 months, but apparently that does not matter.
    Today I went in with more paperwork, bank statements showing overdrafts and excessive, compulsive behavior, etc.

Last nite was hard, because my hubby and I again are on the blame game. He blaming me because I didn't teach her about money, buying her too many things, doing everything for her. Me blaming him for working so much and not being around, etc etc. SO both of us were still awake at 5am this morning - I think we were talking off and on until 4 am. finally we both realized that we could not have done this - as 6 doctors told us - this is genetic.

So very tired today. Our daughter also is scared and worried. She will have to probably move back home with us again, which for her again, is losing her independence. So ... we are praying for a miracle, and that they will allow her to stay on disability.
    But we also found out that for the rest of her life, either she never works, or she always have to stay below the minimum she can work. If she goes over just for one month, regardless of how little she makes the following month, she loses disability completely.

SO maybe this is a blessing. My husband and I are still alive and living to give her a home. She can try working, and not worry about how many hours she works, or how much she makes. We can be around to help with paying the bills, making sure life essentials are taken care of. Then she will either realize that either she can work, and make more than she was getting disability, or stop being in denial and realize that she needs disability.
    but through it all, I have done OK. I think because I have been so buy with letters, etc. that I am not eating, and also stress --- usually I eat with stress.

But it was so hard to hear my daughter tonite in the other room crying. She is still our precious little girl, and I just want to fix things, and I can't -- except to be there for her.
    so, onto tomorrow - hoping for a calmer, more relaxed day

JFT, Wed
    1. log all food = healthy choices
    2. concentrate on water
    3. think of all the positives. Try to be that encouragement my daughter needs
    4. work some
    5. get back on here

Oh Joan I’m so sorry about your daughter, it’s so easy to blame yourself and wondering if you had done things differently would she be okay but like you say, it’s genetic, I don’t know how old she is but as you know my partner is off for mental health, for good and he’s only 26!
    And yeah he wishes he could work, he’d like to be “normal” but it just simply wouldn’t work.
    They’ve tried that working thing with him too, he can get jobs, and go to jobs, but in a matter of a couple of weeks it starts to derail and then he’s back at square one. He realised that he just couldn’t do it when his own Mum had to sack him from his job.

There is no shame in being disabled, we get plenty of money from our disability benefits, like a full working-persons wage, and it works for him and us, he’s less stressed since he realised he probably won’t work again apart from the odd thing here and there, like one off jobs (handyman work etc) and he can focus on managing his disorder so he can live a happy life

• bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    @joan6630 Oh honey, I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this. You guys can get through this, again. We love you.

@OConnell5483 It sounds like back to work has gone pretty well and you kicked those germs to the curb. Woo hoo!

@mcbeef29 You've made a fantastic addition to this thread, all upbeat and everything. B)

@missheidi How was the intermediate yoga?

@creofan Welcome to the JFT thread. We're a very busy ( just in case you didn't notice), and supportive group of people. I hope you find what you need here.

@HGSmith0920 I may have missed it but, what's up with the new job? We've been sitting here all nervous and antsy for you sweetie.

@Bex953172 Pumping doesn't work for everyone hon, and if you're dealing with ppdepression as well it just makes everything harder. Are you taking a prenatal vitamin? My daughter's doctor had her on them until her daughter was 1 yr. It really did help.

@clicketykeys I noticed a couple of little notations in your posts that led me to jump to a, very possibly wrong, conclusion. Do you have plans for a new play?
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Stick to food plan including keeping lunch under 400 kcals :/ Think lunch was actually around 700 and I couldn't have what I wanted for dinner as shop was very low on food - ended up having something higher calorie than plabbed. BUT am very pleased with how I did, actually. I was at a conference and managed to resist biscuits all day and didn't have dessert. Plus, even though my lunch was 700 (I think) I did actually take fairly small portions. So good progress!
    - Prepare key feedback points about my boss (mwah ha ha) :/ Didn't have time in end
    - Read sector recommendations :neutral: Got partway through but didn't finish, will finish today
    - Read internal vacancies job descriptions and decide whether to apply for any :neutral: Read them but not quite made decision, think probably not though
    - Read some of line management guide :/ Didn't have time

Today's commitments:
    - Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Finish sector recommendations
    - Decide whether to apply for any internal vacancies
    - 30+ minute lunch break
    - Leave work by 6pm
    - Exercise DVD after work
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY (Tuesday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water :)
    2. Log all the food I eat :)
    3. Stay in the green with my food intake :)
    4. Complete 4 orders from my shop :)
    5. Go to the gym (30 min circuit, 30 min treadmill) :)

JFT (Wednesday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water
    2. Log all the food I eat
    3. Stay in the green with my food intake
    4. Complete 4 orders from my shop
    5. Shovel the driveway (AGAIN, this is getting really old!!!! LOL)
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    @bcTRAI I'm waiting with anticipation too! I haven't heard anything yet. I feel like I'm being strung along. I'm going to contact them this morning and see what is happening. I need to know if I need to keep looking or if things will move along soon. Who knows! I sure dont. Lol.
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    @joan6630 Oh sheesh! The only thing I can say is to keep that head up and keep on praying! Something will happen. This could be a blessing in disguise. We are all praying for you and love you!

@slittlemeister I can't wait to hear what you tell them about your manager! I know that is totally incompetent. Lol. Great job staying away from all the treats at the conference. I'm still having a bit of trouble saying no to things like that!
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    @HGSmith0920 It's going to be awesome! Me and three other (female) colleagues are all providing (negative) feedback on our (male) boss. it's a total #metoo #timesup moment... It's not like there is sexual harassment or anything going on, but he is exceptionally rubbish, unsupportive and also possibly a bit sexist. The fight-back starts now... (I have my points all planned now - and coordinated with others)
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    @clicketykeys I noticed a couple of little notations in your posts that led me to jump to a, very possibly wrong, conclusion. Do you have plans for a new play?

@bcTRAI - Sorrrrt of? There are a couple of ones coming up this summer that I want to audition for. Nothing at the moment, though.
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    @slittlemeister That's awesome! I've had a couple #metoo moments. One of them in a work environment. I'm so excited for you! I hope it helps.
  • missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    @joan6630 Oh honey, I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this. You guys can get through this, again. We love you.

@OConnell5483 It sounds like back to work has gone pretty well and you kicked those germs to the curb. Woo hoo!

@mcbeef29 You've made a fantastic addition to this thread, all upbeat and everything. B)

@missheidi How was the intermediate yoga?

@creofan Welcome to the JFT thread. We're a very busy ( just in case you didn't notice), and supportive group of people. I hope you find what you need here.

@HGSmith0920 I may have missed it but, what's up with the new job? We've been sitting here all nervous and antsy for you sweetie.

@Bex953172 Pumping doesn't work for everyone hon, and if you're dealing with ppdepression as well it just makes everything harder. Are you taking a prenatal vitamin? My daughter's doctor had her on them until her daughter was 1 yr. It really did help.

it was REALLY HARD
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    So I ended up going back to bed for another hour and a half. I think DST is really screwing me up this year. Usually, it's not too bad. I think that might be because this is the first time in recent memory that I am not working. It didn't put me back too badly to-do list wise because I have all evening to do things. The rest of the DH's presents should be here today. I'm really excited. I've been waiting a week for them. I was following the tracking and they sent it all over my state(granted it's a very small state). I'm hoping it comes before he goes to work so he can open them and have a great day at work. But I kind of also want them to come after him so that I can torture him(in good fun) that they are here and he is there. Plus if he has a bad day at work it will cheer him up immensely. Lol.

My SIL wants to take me and the DH out for dinner with the whole family to celebrate his and my FIL's birthday. I'm a bit hesitant to tell her that we are really tight on money this week. I'll talk to the DH about it when he wakes up and see what he says. I really want us to go for my MIL's sake but I dont know if it will work this weekend or not. I hate to make them think that we are that tight on money but I think that that is just my pride getting in the way. I'm not sure what to do. I guess I'll let my DH make the decision. It is his family and his birthday after all.
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    @missheidi Oh no! That's sucky! I've been doing yoga for a few months now and I'm a bit hesitant to try an intermediate class/video. I hope you didn't hurt yourself.
  • missheidi
    Options
    missheidi wrote: »
    JFT 3/13
    log everything :)
    stay green green on calories, way over on carbs >:)
    drink 80 :)
    yoga class--i have to go the the later class, which is intermediate instead of my usual beginner. hope i can keep up. :)
    Kristian has a full day today. this afternoon he is coming to shadow at high school, going with a friend of ours to his elective classes. then his p/t conferences.
    he had a great time.
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    @missheidi Yay for Kristian! That's awesome! I'm glad it is all working out for him and for you.
  • HGSmith0920
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Well, I emailed my potential Branch Manager about the progress of my application. So we'll see what happens. Hopefully, everything is alright and the process moves along quicker then it has been.

I decided to weigh myself this morning, just for Haha, to see how much weight I had left to wash out of my system. I found out that I actually lost weight! I'm down .8oz from when I last weighed myself! I'm at 152.0! I've hit this once before last week but it completely amazes me that I may actually be able to meet my weight goal by the end of the month!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,489 Member
    Options
    Recap T 3/13 ~ Didn't even hit the snooze alarm...I shut off alarm in my sleep. No treadmill before work, guess this is a rest day. I hate DST.
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 8,268 steps, 250+ steps 13/14 & 35 floors :smiley:
    2) Usual breakfast & snacks / leftovers for lunch & supper / net calories green / monitor usual = Net calories -27, sugar -7, sodium / protein / fiber all good, & 14c water :smiley:
    3) Figure out CPE templates & surveys for next week's seminar (new "smart" dashboard & I'm confused) = figured out if I copy my other customized templates and edit, that works & all email blasts tested & scheduled :smiley: / contact support if necessary = not necessary! :smiley:
    4) Evening: organize tax docs for preparer & contact preparer = done just as MJSW texted me about docs, so have meeting set up too :smiley: / wash dishes :smiley: except for leftover containers / maybe 1 more to-do :smiley: started Easter dinner list and reviewing what I already in pantry
    5) Unplug 9:00 :( 40 min. later / floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / bed & TV off 10:15 = nope :s

JFT W 3/14 ~ Happy Pi Day!
    1) Snooze alarmed a little too much, but still walked treadmill before work / 2.5 mi 40:33 / stretched :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    3) Remember NP appt / leave office at 3 p.m. / pick up bread on way there
    4) Evening: soup supper / Lenten service / 1 to-do
    5) Usual breakfast & snacks / leftovers for lunch (defrosting) / choose wisely for supper, limit bread & dessert / net calories green / monitor usual
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / bed & TV off 10:15
  • missheidi
    Options
    JFT 3/14
    log everything
    stay green. just looking at calories mostly today
    drink 80
    swim a mile
    crochet group tonight
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I missed a day at work this week, still had to do all the same in less time. Didn't drink as much as normal for two of the days and I'm considering that could contribute to less loss. At least it wasn't a gain. :) I also started back with some physical activity this week.

1992 240 lb
    2000 200ish
    Mar 15, 2017 199 get serious
    Weekly weigh-in
    This years starting weight Jan 3, 2018: 176.0
    Aiming at 150ish

Progress so far:
    Mar 14 168.4
    Mar 7 168.4
    Feb 28 169.8 Woo hoo! Clawed back some lost ground and a bit!
    Feb 21 172.6
    Feb 14 172.0
    Feb 7 171.6
    Jan 31 170.4
    Jan 24 172.2
    Jan 17 175.4
    Jan 10: 174.8
    Jan 3: 176.0