JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    JFY (Saturday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water before allowing myself a Diet Coke :)
    2. Log all the food I eat :)
    3. Stay "in the green" with my calories :)
    4. Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake :/
    5. Go for a walk :)
    6. Finish 3 orders from my shop :)

JFT (Sunday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water before allowing myself a Diet Coke
    2. Log all the food I eat
    3. Stay "in the green" with my calories
    4. Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake
    5. Groceries
    6. Finish 3 orders from my shop
    7. Finish Laundry
  • Kullerva
    Kullerva Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    Just for today...I will persist and resist.
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY (Sunday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water before allowing myself a Diet Coke :)
    2. Log all the food I eat :)
    3. Stay "in the green" with my calories :)
    4. Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake :/
    5. Groceries :)
    6. Finish 3 orders from my shop :)
    7. Finish Laundry :)

JFT (Monday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water before allowing myself a Diet Coke
    2. Log all the food I eat
    3. Stay "in the green" with my calories
    4. Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake
    5. Go to the gym
    6. Finish 3 orders from my shop
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    JFT Saturday Recap
    1. Have smoothie for breakfast :)
    2. Track water - pick up a gallon from the store maybe? >:) a better effort than usual, but did not track
    3. Be kind to yourself :)
    4. Clean kitchen, dining, living room, mud room :) Woowwwie! Although it took both Saturday and Sunday I DID IT.
    5. At least 1 load of laundry :) / :'( Got my one load done and into the dryer - started my second load, washer filled, and then wouldn't start. Ended up at the laundromat at 830 PM Sunday night. Now to find a replacement.
    6. Get some fresh air :) Opened all the windows in the house and listened to the happy birds while I cleaned. Visited the local seafood shack with the DH and the pup and enjoyed dinner outside.
    7. Dog bath today or tomorrow >:)
    8. Pick up propane tank >:)

Weekend check ins are harder for sure - I think I may plan to take Sundays off. It's nice to disconnect completely for a day. However - I fumbled taking my medicine, and when I forget mine, I usually forget the dogs meds too. I've always struggled with meds and water on the weekend so I will look into ways I can improve that.

JFT Monday
    1. Log all food
    2. Be kind to yourself
    3. Meds AM and PM
    4. 5 lunges every bathroom trip
    5. Drop off donation clothes
    6. Pick up larger pill pockets at petco
    6. Bring dog for a walk - brush dog
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Monday
    1. Feed cats. Meds, teeth, tea.
    2. Input grades. UPDATE CLASS WEBSITES. Take posters down. Post sign for exam. Email principal about additional photocopies. Daily Duolingo. Meditation. Read Summer Prince.
    3. 1 set body exercises (10 lifted push-ups ALL THE WAY DOWN, 10 lunges each leg, 70 sec plank, 40 sec forward fold, 20 sec triangle each side, 40 sec down dog, 30 sec crane/tree/warrior 3 each leg, 15 side leg lifts) aim for 2. Steps at school to 5k; aim for 7.
    4. Write discussion post. Review assignment for Week 5. Review audition song.
    5. Gym after school; steps to 10k; aim for 12. Chop more celery. Dinner - Soup plus?
    6. Practice audition song. Meds by 7:00. Teeth flossed, rinsed, brushed; in bed by 9:00. Alarm set for 5:00.

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,476 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Recap Sunday 5/6
    1) Choir at church 7:20 a.m. to sing in 2 services :smiley: (have to miss Bible class)
    2) Usual breakfast & snacks / leftovers for lunch & maybe supper... otherwise pick from 10 day meal plan / net calories green = Net calories green, sugar -5, sodium -547, fiber & protein good :smiley:
    3) Drink at least 12c water to flush sodium = 14c :smiley:
    4) Grocery shop w/ hubby (list mostly done) & have patience while he selects his cereal... honestly, he's like a little kid! = Shopping done w/ minimal fuss :smiley:
    5) Walk dog = 3.81 mi 1:08:03 pace 17:55 ~ happy dog & happy me B) Fitbit 19,895 steps, 250+ steps 13/14 & 28 floors :smiley:
    6) Yardwork with hubby: put out rain barrels :smiley: / depoop back yard too tired & sore ~ nope :/ / unfence rose garden :smiley: / haul leaves from rose garden & hostas out to curb :smiley: that was a lot of bending & hauling! / get out patio furniture :smiley: ready to relax + eat outdoors in nice weather
    7) Unplug 9:15 :smiley: helped that I was exhausted / floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / bed & TV off 10:15 :smiley:

JFT M 5/7 ~ rest day
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    2) Meals & snacks prelogged / stick w/ plan / monitor usual
    3) Evening: mail bday & mother's day cards / depoop backyard / at least 3 more to-do's
    4) Unplug 9:15 / floss / retainers / bed & TV off 10:15
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,733 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    I see once again I didn't even get my goals posted for today (or yesterday!!!). But I had a very busy, active weekend. Probably a little too much eating and margaritas (Cinco de mayo!).

But I am also so upset. The trustee for our subdivision gives me $100 to buy and plant flowers for the entryway into out subdivision. So I got the plants -- ones I knew that the deer would leave alone. I got them all planted, fertilized, waterered etc.

Well, 2 days later, about 12 of these plants are totally GONE! I was at a lost as to where they could go -- no signs of deer or any animal eating them. So I went back to the nursery to get more, and they told me it could be a "vole", which is a small mouse that will eat the roots and everything. They didn't see how a vole could eat 12 plants overnite, but I still went and got granules to put down to keep them from eating. So I did that yesterday, thinking I would see if it worked, and then today plant the ones that disappeared. Well... today ... 9 more plants are missing!!!! I think someone is coming through the nite and stealing them! I can't figure out what else is happening! I am so upset and frustrated! I love gardening, and enjoyed beautifying this area, since anyone that drives by it makes it look so much nicer. Our trustee is going to put up a sign ... in hopes that it helps.

But, today I did spend a good portion of the day working in our yard - and am so sore tonite!

SO JFT, Monday
    1. go to the gym -- skipped this today and yesterday, so need to get back on track here
    2. log all food
    3. plan menus. I did kinda plan menus, and went and got lots of veggies, etc., just need to do more planning for each day
    4. cut up all the veggies I bought so they are ready to snack on
    5. do tiny habits:
    after shower ... take vitamin
    after breakfst ... fill up water bottle
    after dinner ... brush and floss teeth ***** This one I keep forgetting!
    6. work on business tax stuff - I am so far behind with bookkeeping
    7. work on quilt
    8. ask myself if I am really hungry
    9. drink 8+ glasses of water --- april challenge
    10. walk 15 minutes outside -- may challenge
    11. get back on here be accountable

How disheartening to think someone would go to the effort of stealing plants! What a terrible shame.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT - Monday May 7
    2L of Water
    Stay in Green
    Outside 15 minutes
    Plank Challenge
    5K Walk
    Do 10 Somethings every hour
    Write in Journal

I realized on the weekend I didn't do my 10 Somethings at all last week. I need to get back into this. The scale and I are still battling. This is so frustrating! I don't know if it's lack of strength training, or if it's lack of weighing my food. I need to figure it out.
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Good Monday to everyone! I am looking forward to a very productive forward-moving week. My weekend was not pretty...I do not do well when I don't prelog. So, back to the focusing on the process...I am aiming to make some progress this week!!

JFT, 5/7
    Drink 8 cups of water---didn't even manage that this wknd
    Pre-log as much as possible and log any modifications
    Online program
    Exercise

I was grumbling a bit this morning as I put on my walking clothes...hubs good naturedly said, "Well, be happy you are exercising without having to wear paper underpants!" We had just been talking about his folks in the nursing home and how we could one day be where they are. Well. That squashed any further grumbling!!! I am grateful I have two working legs that allow me to walk my neighborhood and enjoying the sunshine and God's beauty. And I am grateful I can do it without needing to wear paper underwear!!!! (and no doubt people who need them are quite thankful they have them!!)

Have a marvelous and grateful day!
    w2moxcnex3ou.png
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I had a whole thing typed out and it's gone! Dang it. I used my laptop also, so it wasn't because I used emoji's on my phone or anything.

I'll just post today's goals foor now and maybe check in again a little later.

Just for Monday:
    1. Eat keto-friendly today
    2. Eight 8oz glasses of water - April Challenge
    3. 15 minutes outside activity - May Challenge
    4. Research keto/low carb recipes and meal plan for the week
    5. Rest - home with a migraine today. :(
    6. Begin to declutter spare room for SD who is coming to live with us for awhile
    7. Be grateful, patient and kind.
    8. Update bullet journal today and add to-do list
    9. Bed early, up early tomorrow with no hitting Snooze!!

• Snowflake1968
    Options
    I had a whole thing typed out and it's gone! Dang it. I used my laptop also, so it wasn't because I used emoji's on my phone or anything.
    The post with your Stats are showing up on my feed.
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Friday 5/4/18 JFT:

✔▪Maintain every 3 hour pump schedule
    ✔▪Organize research notes and begin draft for formal research report (due 5/8)
    ✔▪Go to campus to meet with Professor
    ✔▪Ford Dealership
    ▪SP Telephone Coop.
    ✔▪Grab lunch out
    ✔▪Guardian - pick up new O2 Monitor prob
    ✔▪Elliptical, 15 min.
    ✔▪Drink 96 oz of water
    ✔▪Dinner by 7 pm
    ❌▪Research shorter yoga session (45 min. is too long for this season in my life. I need a 15 to 20 min. routine.)

Saturday 5/5/18 JFT:

✔Spend the day with family, no daily plans.

Sunday 5/6/18 JFT:

✔▪Laundry
    ✅▪Drink 96 oz of water --> 72 oz
    ✔▪Complete Senior Research Report
    (Due to the baby's feeding schedule, my report took all day.)

Monday 5/7/18 JFT:

▪Every 2 hour pump schedule
    ▪Drink 96 oz of water
    ▪Prepare slow cooker dinner
    ▪Complete any required editing on report then resubmit
    ▪Review budget
    ▪Plan meals for the week
    ▪Grocery Inventory & List
    ▪Elliptical - 15 min.
    ▪Research yoga sessions under 30 min.

The last three days have been unusual. I dealt with some minor emotional depression issues. It has set my milk production back bc I wasn't eating well or pumping on schedule. Therefore, my primary focus this week is to get back on track with milk production. I'm going to pack in calories to give it a boost so it'll be an interesting log for the next few days. The baby was up all night last night so today will be interesting, Lol :lol:
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Had a post typed out complaining about my crappy day and I hit done instead of past. Made me really upset. I had a really $hitty morning. But I spent my break outside in the sun. It is gorgeous out. I say outside my favorite cafe and soaked up the rays. I'm feeling much more optimistic I think. I was ready to cry about an hour ago. But I think I'm okay now.

My manager is off this week and my head teller was insanely stressed about something this morning and was getting kind of snappy with me. I felt particularly stupid this morning. It was like my brain was on autopilot but they autopilot was set on the wrong course. It was terrible. Now my head teller is on break so I'm hoping she comes back not as stressed.

I just can't wait to be home. I miss my DH so much. I think I'm going to need to spend some time cuddling.