Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,776 Member
    Options
    JFT / Monday:
    1. Journal every bite, good or bad :)
    2. Drink water - 8 glasses ;)Close!!!
    3. No ice cream before bed :)
    4. Reach my step goal :(Although, I came really close! Way too much desk time in this job!
    5. Put a smile in my voice and compliment someone today :)
    6. Work on being okay with who I am. Self-confidence. :)I really worked at this all day and it turned out to be a pretty "feel good" kind of day! Huh...
    7. Stay focused on my goals. :)
    8. Count to 10 before just grabbing something to eat. :)
    9. Get caught up at work today. Lots of meetings cancelled, so I'm thinking it should be quiet. :)
    10. Bills/Budget for rest of April. Always hard when I have to submit taxes. :/Had to review and submit taxes still, which I did. Bills will have to be done tonight.
    11. Two things off my to-do list :)
    12. Evening ritual. Unplug early. Read my books and write 5 things I'm grateful for today. :)
    13. Prep for tomorrow, tonight :/

Kind of a weird day yesterday, since I didn't go to work until mid-day, and then I ended up staying late. Like @cschmitz110515 , this whole weekend blizzard thing really threw me off. I had all kinds of "spring" plans and it was just plain depressing. So, when I got home from work, I didn't do as much as I wanted to because I just wanted to be sitting by 7:00 so I could watch The Voice and then Good Girls on TV.

Today I woke up and have gained ANOTHER POUND! So, I've decided I need to have a chat with my husband tonight about a food plan for me that consists of no carbs at dinner. Meat and greens and that's it. He does the cooking since he is retired and I work full time, so I need to get him on board for this because if it is on the table, I will eat it.

I also have to figure out something for activity. I have to find an activity that won't hurt my knee and won't make my arm swell by aggravating the lymphedema. I think maybe a recumbant bike might be the thing for me right now. I'd like to be able to go to the gym straight after work and eat dinner at 6:00 instead of 5:00. Hoping Tim will agree to a new dinner schedule. Sorry for the rant. I'm thinking out loud...

Just for Tuesday
    1. Journal EVERY bite. Even if I eat one Hershey kiss, log it.
    2. Activity. No excuses today. Wrap your arm in compression tape and go to gym or get in basement and move your *kitten*!
    3. WATER! Get those 8 glasses of water in today.
    4. Sit down with DH and discuss meal plan for rest of week. Need to be on same page.
    5. Take my Epic New Version certification tests this afternoon. I passed one yesterday. Have 4 more today.
    6. Leave at 4:00 today. I didn't get my lunch break so I am going to leave a little early and maybe take a walk around the neighborhood before we get 6 more inches of snow tomorrow! (UGH)
    7. Focus. Focus on what I need to do to get healthy and lose weight. I need to sit down in a quiet spot to make a plan, break it into baby steps and DO IT!
    8. Bed early. Was up too late last night.

Have a great day everyone!

Don't tell me what happened on Good Girls yet, but don't you love that show! I watch The Voice too, last night I scored my envelopes while watching it.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    @HGSmith0920 and @OConnell5483 - I used to send birthday and thinking of you cards out regularly. I quit doing it because it was never reciprocated or even very often acknowledged. I had forgotten how good that made me feel, I think I need to start doing it again. Thanks for the idea!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 I DO love that show! Monday nights are taboo for doing anything because it's The Voice and Good Girls... hahaha! It reminds me a lot of Desperate Housewives, and I really liked that show too. :smile:
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 I DO love that show! Monday nights are taboo for doing anything because it's The Voice and Good Girls... hahaha! It reminds me a lot of Desperate Housewives, and I really liked that show too. :smile:

Oh it is a lot like Desperate Housewives I never thought of that before. The Voice is the only show I refuse to PVR and watch later. My best friend and I used to have Date Nights and text throughout the Voice. She lives 3400kms away so it was something set where her kids and our husbands knew to leave us alone.
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 Hahaha! I have a friend I used to do that with during Survivor! She lives in Minnesota and I'm in Wisconsin. LOL! Was so much fun. We called it "date night" too!
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's commitments:
    - Log everything I eat :)
    - Choose breakfast sensibly - aim for around 350 kcals :D I'm really proud of this one. I was at a really nice breakfast buffet and only took two small pastries. Big NSV!
    - No alcohol :)
    - Be in the green :)
    - Stop working by 6.30 and leave for French :| I stopped working but I then did some life admin before leaving. It felt good to get it done though - I'm trying hard to get on top of my life admin as I've kind of neglected it for the last 2.5 years since I took this job...

Today's commitments:
    - Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - No alcohol
    - Be in the green
    - Leave work by 6pm UNLESS I haven't finished the urgent FQ. If I'm not working on that, I have to LEAVE
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Tuesday:
    1. Log accurately. Dinner - Plated 1. Prelog lunch. Meds, teeth, tea.
    2. Check with J&L about poetry scaffold; send to B? UPDATE CLASS WEBSITES. Print grammar practice. Daily Duolingo. Read Akata Warrior. CALL JEWELERS; number saved. Call dentist to check on moving appt from Tues to Mon. If yes, call sub ASAP. If yes, call hairdresser about Monday. Call hairdressers about Saturday.
    3. Meditation? 1 set body exercises (10 lifted push-ups ALL THE WAY DOWN, 10 lunges each leg, 70 sec plank, 40 sec forward fold, 20 sec triangle each side, 40 sec down dog, 30 sec crane/tree/warrior 3 each leg, 15 side leg lifts) aim for 2. I NEED TO DO MY STRENGTH TRAINING. Steps at school to 5k; aim for *7*.
    4. Continue inputting grades. Sophomores work on reading. Update WM project; check notes. Freshmen elements of plot.
    5. Pick up The Dress? Meds from dentist. Boxing gym. Meds from CVS.
    6. Krazy glue; work on jewelry for prom
    7. Chop more celery. Pack lunch for Wednesday. Update JFT by 8:00. Teeth flossed, rinsed, brushed; in bed by 9:30; set alarm for 5:00.

Did pretty well. Forgot to bring the Krazy Glue home. Forgot to stop by CVS. I can do that today.

JFT Wednesday
    1. Log accurately. Dinner - Plated 1. Prelog lunch. Meds, teeth, tea.
    2. AM run - update for 2 lower and 1 upper.
    2. Check with J&L about poetry scaffold; send to B? UPDATE CLASS WEBSITES. Print grammar, practice & upload. Print diagnostics. Daily Duolingo. Meditation. Read Akata Warrior.
    3. 1 set body exercises (10 lifted push-ups ALL THE WAY DOWN, 10 lunges each leg, 70 sec plank, 40 sec forward fold, 20 sec triangle each side, 40 sec down dog, 30 sec crane/tree/warrior 3 each leg, 15 side leg lifts) aim for 2. Steps at school to 5k; aim for *7*.
    4. Continue inputting grades. Sophomores work on reading. Update WM project; check notes. Freshmen elements of plot.
    5. Pick up The Dress? Boxing gym. Meds from CVS.
    6. Krazy glue; work on jewelry for prom
    7. Chop more celery. Pack lunch for Wednesday. Update JFT by 8:00. Teeth flossed, rinsed, brushed; in bed by 9:30; set alarm for 5:00.
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY (Tuesday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water before allowing myself a Diet Coke :)
    2. Log all the food I eat :)
    3. Stay "in the green" with my calories :)
    4. Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake :/ (Doing pretty well with this one, but it's hard to keep it "in the green"...oh well, better than me not paying attention to it at all, I guess. My grandmother had, and my mom has high blood pressure, so I'd like to avoid it if I can.)
    5. Go to the gym :)

JFT (Wednesday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water before allowing myself a Diet Coke
    2. Log all the food I eat
    3. Stay "in the green" with my calories
    4. Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake
    5. Go to the gym
    6. Laundry
    7. Complete 4 shop orders
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I know that I say this often, but yesterday was such a weird day! Our branch got audited! I got their first like I usually do and as I was waiting to go in this very pretty, very tall young woman walked in and said that she and her partner were going to audit us today. My heart kind of stopped, but it all turned out great in the end. We passed with flying colors. The only things that we got knocked for were structural things that we had no control over. Doors not tall enough or having appropriate locks on them, not enough cameras, logs we didnt know we needed because no branch in our bank has one. I wasn't really stressed out about it at all. And it was a really slow day. There really wasn't much to do and I didnt want to be on my phone all day because the auditors were hovering around. So I tackled a whole bunch of training modules that I need to get done by the end of the month. I did 6 of them and I still have 31(!) left.

Last night was horrendous though! By the end of my shift at work, I was exhausted. I mean totally tuckered. I had a cup of coffee at about 3:45 because I was NOT going to make it until the end of the day without it. I ended up ordering pizza, eating 3 pieces and most of a large slice of crumb cake that the owner of the coffee shop gave us when he dropped off our coffee order in the morning. By the time it was 6:30 I was moaning in pain on the couch. I have no idea why but something in the food did not agree with me. I wasn't nauseous. I was just in pain. I ended up laying down for 1.5 hours because I was so tired and didnt feel well. The DH woke me up at about 8:45 and asked if I want to come out into the living room. I did and we cuddled for a while. I ended up in bed around 11:15. I slept well though.

I got up at 5:45 this morning because my Branch Manager wanted me to try the gym that she uses. It's kind of like a CrossFit gym I guess. It's called Force Fitness. We did a HIIT class this morning. I cant tell you how sore I am but God did it feel good to get up and move like that again! I dont know how long it's been since I've done anything like that. I used to be REALLY active when I was younger and then life happened. I probably haven't done anything remotely close to that since high school gym class more than 10 years ago. Lol. It was free and I'm going to talk to Matt about maybe leaving PF and going there. It's a lot more expensive but it definitely has more of a community feel that I know I need to help me succeed in life. That kind of community(like this) was why I was able to quit smoking and why I'm able to lose weight through this website. I think that that is what is going to motivate me to keep pressing on. Plus the gym is exactly 1.5 miles from my house. I got there in about 90 seconds. Lol. I also did this class with NO coffee in me! I woke up, got changed, kissed my husband goodbye and ran out the door. Lol.

I go in late to work today(part of the reason I decided to go to the class actually) so I was able to write this long post. Lol. So onto goals!!!

JFT, 4/18/17

1. Log ALL food
    2. 4 bottles of water(1 down already)\
    3. Only 2 cups of coffee at work(4 total)
    4. Work 1015-515
    5. Remind Daddy about ride.
    6. Pay/Give package to D
    7. Leftovers for dinner/dishes right away
    8. Pay bills
    9. Write a letter
    10. Set up grocery order
    11. Tech off by 10:30
    12. Lights out by 11:45

I hope everyone is having a great day!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Yesterday's commitments:
    - Log everything I eat :)
    - Choose breakfast sensibly - aim for around 350 kcals :D I'm really proud of this one. I was at a really nice breakfast buffet and only took two small pastries. Big NSV!
    - No alcohol :)
    - Be in the green :)
    - Stop working by 6.30 and leave for French :|I stopped working but I then did some life admin before leaving. It felt good to get it done though - I'm trying hard to get on top of my life admin as I've kind of neglected it for the last 2.5 years since I took this job...

Today's commitments:
    - Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - No alcohol
    - Be in the green
    - Leave work by 6pm UNLESS I haven't finished the urgent FQ. If I'm not working on that, I have to LEAVE

I don't think I could be at a nice breakfast buffet and only take two small pastries. That is HUGE! Nice NSV!

I have to tell you that I am really proud of you for taking the time to do some life admin. I'm sure you remember where I was in life and work only 4 short months ago...I totally understand the whole work/life thing. I am really happy to hear you are making a conscious effort to take care of YOU, take care of LIFE, and trying to keep work from taking over. It's hard, but it SUCH a good feeling and SO rewarding! You go, girl!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,492 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Recap T 4/17 ~ Skipped treadmill before work (3 days without alarm ringing & out of habit) :p
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 10,180 steps, 250+ steps 13/14 & 33 floors :smiley:
    2) Pace in office during noon webinar = Logged 2,860 steps (included in Fitbit total above) :smiley:
    3) Net calories green / need to get back on track / no evening snacking = Huge fail :s Snacked on popcorn before leftovers for supper, then late evening snack attack of sesame stix, straight from the bag ~ ACK!!! Net calories 1,000 RED :'(
    4) Unplug 9:00 :smiley: just!/ floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / bed & TV off 10:15 :neutral: 10:30 (all fails during blizzard weekend)

JFT W 4/18
    1) Treadmill before work / 3 mi 48:58 / stretched :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    3) Net calories green / NO evening snacking / monitor usual
    4) Evening: hair appt. / errands on way home / boil eggs
    5) Unplug / floss / retainers / bed & TV off 10:15
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Casey had a big day yesterday! Not only did we get first smiles, she also slept through the night!
    Feel like a new woman lol!

That's awesome!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT - Tuesday April 17
    2L of Water - :)
    Stay in Green - :( Only 122 over though so not too terrible
    Work on Manual - :( I am struggling with this, it was supposed to be rewrite a manual make it more user friendly, but every time I try to find a process or procedure I learn that there isn't one and I should create it. I have not even been with the company for 3 months yet so I feel a bit arrogant thinking I can tell people that have been with the company for 10 years that they are doing things wrong. It was the task I was given and I know it's needed but I feel bad about it.
    Do 10 Something's every hour - :( No my granddaughter came to hang at the office with me while her Mama went to the gym and she wanted to sit on my lap the whole time. When she left I received a call from a former employee of mine that invited me out for lunch. So I went and met with him for way too long.
    Go to Gym - :) Yes and I spent longer than normal to help make up for missing my 10's and having my unhealthy lunch
    Mail Sympathy Cards - :/ Addressed and stamped and forgot to through them in the box
    Work on envelopes - :) Done! I will have one happy young lady come Friday when I deliver them

JFT - Wednesday April 18
    2L of Water
    Stay in Green
    Work on Manual
    Do 10 Something's every hour
    Mail Sympathy Cards
    Figure out supper for tonight
    Meet with my first potential client!!!!

I fit in my dress pants today for the first time since I was done my last job in September! I'm so happy with this, it makes me feel like I have at least lost the weight that I had gained this past Fall and Winter being unemployed. They are still a little snug but not uncomfortably so. Hopefully this means that by the time summer clothes can be worn my clothes will fit me. I can't really afford a new wardrobe yet. I have to try on my bathing suits tonight though to see if I have one that fits since my swim lesson starts Saturday! I hope they fit, I don't want to go swimsuit shopping and I'm not even sure when I would find the time.

Have a great day everyone!
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Back at it again... the mandatory social time for work (That doesn't sound accurate but that's what it was) threw a wrench in my week. Plus i was telling them at yesterday's morning meeting that i was going to be away for May staff meeting and found out we will be discussing doing the social thing more often.

It looks like everyone else is doing well, aside from weather and computer/site issues.

JFT Wednesday
    1. Water
    2. Meditation
    3. Garbage out
    4. Pick up Sue, Guild meeting
    5. Start new socks (I finished the last pair yesterday)
    6. Walk in evening
    7. Brush and floss
    8. Bed by 10:30
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,216 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    JFT, Tues
    1. go to gym :) Already done!
    2. concentrate on water --- Already drank 4 glasses! :) Dranks lots last nite while sewing
    3. tiny habits .... vitamin :) Fill water bottle, brush teeth after dinner :/ Forgot to do this, and into too much snacking last nite
    4. work on business bookkeeping :) Quarterly tax stuff done!
    5. work on pc boards :)
    6. get on here tomorrow be accountable :)

JFT< Wed
    1. gym :) Done already!
    2. help hubby with shipping today
    3. work on pc boards
    4. drink 8+ cups water
    5. tiny habits .... vitamin :):) fill water bottle :):) Brush after dinner --- NEED TO REMEMBER THIS!!
    6. go for a walk
    7. work on quilt -- need to cut out more 1.5" strips

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Hi all can you believe we were basking in sunshine and 23 degree (73f) heat in London today?! It has made such a difference to my mood! Am wishing the warm weather over to those of you still struggling with snow..

A pretty good day today. Didn’t get my planning time away from the class so had to be super efficient to get stuff done but I did. Skipped my morning workout today as Monty kitten managed to have an accident and I ran out of time. I’ve managed to stay within my goal but it’s weird how anxious it made me to be out of routine.

Wednesday goals
    - morning workout :/ see above (kitten issues!!)
    - Stay within calorie goal ✅
    - 3ltr+ water ✅
    - 12k steps ✅ 16k again!
    - Tuesday unfinished goals!! ✅ yay! All of them
    - Early night ✅

Thursday goals
    - morning workout - even if Monty has to join in!!
    - Stay within calorie goal
    - 3ltr+ water
    - Finalise school trip plans, invoice and book buses
    - Planning and printing for next week
    - Batch cook veggies after work
    - 12k+ steps

Congrats @Bex953172 on the full nights sleep and baby smiles. And @HGSmith0920 for the audit. And every other one of you with all your NSVs and amazingly busy and creative lives!

X
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Casey had a big day yesterday! Not only did we get first smiles, she also slept through the night!
    Feel like a new woman lol!

I love baby smiles!!!! And her sleeping through the nite!! So happy for you all . If you catch that little smile on camera, please share!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    ! Our branch got audited! I got their first like I usually do and as I was waiting to go in this very pretty, very tall young woman walked in and said that she and her partner were going to audit us today. My heart kind of stopped, but it all turned out great in the end. We passed with flying colors. The only things that we got knocked for were structural things that we had no control over.

Great job on the audit!!! I know how stressful those audits can be ..... I used to do bookkeeping for a large cafeteria, and they used to always show up .... unannounced to do audits! I would be a nervous wreck the entire time, even though I knew I was doing everything the way I was suppose to. But so happy for you its over now, and you all passed!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    I fit in my dress pants today for the first time since I was done my last job in September! I'm so happy with this, it makes me feel like I have at least lost the weight that I had gained this past Fall and Winter being unemployed. T !

Great job!! Losing weight is more than just the numbers on the scale - and this is proof!