JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Just for Friday:
    1. No hitting Snooze button :(I actually did this on Thursday, but two days in a row was just too much to ask!
    2. Journal every bite :)
    3. Hydrate, 64 oz water :)
    4. Low carb choices :(Was doing FANTASTIC at this until my husband decided to bake a triple chocolate cake at about 7 pm last night. He has taken up baking in the last month and the skinny girl inside me is screaming "NO!" and the overweight girl I am on the outside is jumping up and down with glee.
    5. Reach my step goal :)
    6. Evening wind down routine :)

Just for Saturday
    1. Get up early so I don't waste half the day. :)Done
    2. WATER
    3. Journal every bite
    4. Low carb eating. <75g carb, <29g sugar
    5. Go bumming either at Ashwaubenon rummage sale or hit a few thrift stores today looking for "treasures"
    6. Work on Bex's quilt for little Casey
    7. Spend time relaxing tonight with DH
    8. NO ICE CREAM

HAVE A WONDERFUL SATURDAY!!! :mrgreen:
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 Good luck at your swimming lesson today! I think you are very brave and inspirational for facing your fears! I know you will do this, because your love for your grands is obvious and I think there isn't much we won't do for those little ones! One step at a time. You've got this!

@HGSmith0920 Good luck car shopping today! I love car shopping. One of my favorite things. Good thing they're expensive, or we would have a whole yard full of them! LOL

@bcTRAI Another quilt cut out already?! What are you making now? I love hearing about and seeing what you make!

@Faebert I'm sorry to hear about your fall! Take a break this weekend and ice or heat or whatever you have to do to nurse that. I took a fall on ice 8 years ago and landed on my left hip and it sure was painful. xoxo

@sarah74_vt Look at all your smiles! Awesome! I think I am going to have to steal your sodium intake goal. That's another one I need to cut down on. Good idea!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,747 Member
    Options
    JFT - Friday April 20
    2L of Water - Yes
    Stay in Green- no
    Contact Potential Client - Yes
    Work on Manual - no, the bride I made the envelopes for had terrible news and came to cry on my shoulder.
    Try to leave work early after long day yesterday - no, but we got business

JFT - Saturday April 21
    2L of water
    Stay in Green
    Write in Journal
    Don’t drown

I’m off to get packed up for my swim lesson, I leave right from there to the antique show, thengoing out with hubby. Going to be a long busy day. Should be plenty active though.
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT - Friday 4/20/18
    1. Stop eating when you are full - yes, need to work on stopping when I'm satisfied, not full.
    2. Log all food - yes, slightly over macros.
    3. Be kind to yourself - yep, allowed myself a few chocolate chips, instead of lamenting and eating a bunch of other things instead. Logged it and moved on.
    4. Meds AM and PM - yep
    5. Finish 1082 Sheet - no, revisit monday
    6. Get up and move once per hour - yes

JFT Saturday
    1. Stop eating when you are full
    2. Log all food
    3. Be kind to yourself
    4. Meds AM and PM
    5. Eat within calories, worry less about the macros today - experiment to see if I can make good choices on the fly today.
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    @OConnell5483 I decided my strategy for dealing with studio clutter is
    a. Complete a large project
    b. Complete 2 or 3 smaller projects
    c. Complete a large project
    So after I finished the pink and blue I'm onto b. Otherwise the smaller ideas never get done and I'm frustrated with the larger ones
    So this is the pattern for the next small. It should look very similar. You can see a couple of the fabrics on the right hand side.
    2umdejoxou6l.jpg
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,077 Member
    Options
    JFT - Friday April 20
    2L of Water - Yes
    Stay in Green- no
    Contact Potential Client - Yes
    Work on Manual - no, the bride I made the envelopes for had terrible news and came to cry on my shoulder.
    Try to leave work early after long day yesterday - no, but we got business

JFT - Saturday April 21
    2L of water
    Stay in Green
    Write in Journal
    Don’t drown

I’m off to get packed up for my swim lesson, I leave right from there to the antique show, thengoing out with hubby. Going to be a long busy day. Should be plenty active though.

Good luck!
    You’ll smash it! Time to overcome that fear!
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I survived. I swam from one side to the other without panicking. There were 4 other ladies all around my age and two of them have my same fears. Our instructor was awesome and he said we’ll be in the deep end by the time we’re done in 8 weeks.

Best thing I've read all week! Good job.

trak6fl26t0c.jpg
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    JFT Saturday
    1. Water :)
    2. Meditation :)
    3. Pay bills :)
    4. Miss C here for sleepover :)
    5. Brush and floss :)
    6. Bed by 10:30 :)
    JFT Sunday
    1. Water
    2. Meditation
    3. Drop Miss C at home
    4. Work
    5. Groceries
    6. Walk if there's time
    7. Brush and floss
    8. Bed by 10:30
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Bad day yesterday. Felt sick and sore. Took lots of rest but I can’t seem to relax when I do that so it feels wasted. Some problems in my personal life no doubt affecting me physically :'(

Anyway, I so want to stay here and be accountable. Didn’t log yesterday but today is another day..

JFT Saturday:
    - morning workout if hip is ok :/ it wasn’t
    - Pack girls for weekend and wrap party gifts first thing ✅
    - Get a walk in (aim for 10k steps) ✅9.9k gets me a tick I think ;)
    - Eat healthy and nutritious food :/
    - Drink plenty of water :/
    - Rest ✅
    - sort post and paperwork :/
    - Phone E re bank holiday weekend :/
    - Make a plan of action for the garden (it is a neglected djsaster at the moment but not sure I can afford to pay someone to do it) :/

Sunday goals
    - morning workout ✅ and hip was ok!!
    - Get out in the sunshine
    - 10k steps
    - Sort post
    - Coffee with N
    - Stop in at baby shower
    - Get everything ready for new week at school
    - Early night

Have a great Sunday all x
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY (Saturday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water before allowing myself a Diet Coke :/
    2. Log all the food I eat :)
    3. Stay as close as possible to "in the green" with my calories (Birthday party to go to today) :/
    4. Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake :/
    5. Laundry :)

Yesterday's birthday party threw me into a tailspin as far as my daily goals, but it was great to see old friends so for the one day it was definitely worth it.

JFT (Sunday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water before allowing myself a Diet Coke
    2. Log all the food I eat
    3. Stay as close as possible to "in the green" with my calories
    4. Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake
    5. Groceries
    6. Do some yard work (We're FINALLY getting some beautiful weather here in VT!!!)

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,077 Member
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    Bad day yesterday. Felt sick and sore. Took lots of rest but I can’t seem to relax when I do that so it feels wasted. Some problems in my personal life no doubt affecting me physically :'(

Anyway, I so want to stay here and be accountable. Didn’t log yesterday but today is another day..

JFT Saturday:
    - morning workout if hip is ok :/ it wasn’t
    - Pack girls for weekend and wrap party gifts first thing ✅
    - Get a walk in (aim for 10k steps) ✅9.9k gets me a tick I think ;)
    - Eat healthy and nutritious food :/
    - Drink plenty of water :/
    - Rest ✅
    - sort post and paperwork :/
    - Phone E re bank holiday weekend :/
    - Make a plan of action for the garden (it is a neglected djsaster at the moment but not sure I can afford to pay someone to do it) :/

Sunday goals
    - morning workout ✅ and hip was ok!!
    - Get out in the sunshine
    - 10k steps
    - Sort post
    - Coffee with N
    - Stop in at baby shower
    - Get everything ready for new week at school
    - Early night

Have a great Sunday all x

Sorry you’ve got things going on, it will be that affecting you physically! Which is why I like this group so much because it’s not just focused on nutrition and exercise! It’s how we feel that affects how well we do!!

However great news that your hip was okay for your workout!!
    Don’t worry, things happen and we can always get back on track!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,747 Member
    Options

JFT - Saturday April 21
    2L of water - Yes, probably more if we include pool water
    Stay in Green - Yes
    Write in Journal - no
    Don’t drown - yes lol

JFT - Sunday April 22
    2L of water
    Stay in Green
    Write in Journal
    Hopefully get a walk in
    Get groceries
    Do laundry

I am babysitting for the first time today and have to take them home to their Dad after supper, when he is home from work. It’s going to be a fun tiring day.

@Bex953172 would gladly save you if I could.
    @Faebert personal crap always throws me off and it usually succeeds in doing it for a long period, good for you for not allowing it to linger today.
    @junodog1 thank you
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 and @Bex953172 - thank you. I have got so much from joining this group but I think most important is that focus on getting back on track. Everything about it underlines that every day is a fresh start. Bex - hope the legs and triceps have recovered and you’ve managed to get upright - so amazed that you’ve got to the gym already with Casey so young. You are a star!

I’ve had a good day in the sunshine and re-set. Personal life still making me sad but had a much more positive approach to handling it today. Going to focus the rest of the afternoon and evening on keeping positive so I end the week well.

Big thanks from me x
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    @OConnell5483 I decided my strategy for dealing with studio clutter is
    a. Complete a large project
    b. Complete 2 or 3 smaller projects
    c. Complete a large project
    So after I finished the pink and blue I'm onto b. Otherwise the smaller ideas never get done and I'm frustrated with the larger ones. So this is the pattern for the next small. It should look very similar. You can see a couple of the fabrics on the right hand side.
    2umdejoxou6l.jpg

Oh, I just love it!!! Will that be a wall hanging then? So pretty! I dream of being able to whip stuff up like that! My projects are all 9 patch, 4 patch or disappearing 9 patch right now. I did manage to make some of the windmill patches once for a baby quilt but I think I struggle because I wing it. I look at a picture and decide I like it and then just start cutting an sewing without knowing the easiest and correct way to do it! LOL. But I love doing it... I cannot follow a pattern for the life of me.
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 That's awesome! You go girl!

@Bex953172 Good for you! I'm so glad you got to go to the gym! Did you enjoy it? I need to sit down today and discuss changing our routine a little bit so I can go to the gym after work. He's a creature of habit and has dinner ready every day at 5:00 pm, and I'd like to be able to go straight to the gym from work at 4:30 and then come home for dinner. We'll see how that chat goes later today.

@Faebert I just want to give you a great big hug. But I'm so glad to see you are up today and approaching your day as positive as you can. I really think it is everything going on in life that makes up probably 75% of my health and wellness (or lack of...) decisions.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,207 Member
    Options
    I am SO far behind getting on here again. This time of year, either I am working inside with hubby, outside working in the yard, or quilting! I don't spend nearly as much time on the computer..... which is bad ... because that means I am not logging my food, or staying on track either!!

But yesterday I walked 9.25 miles!! There is a new path that is opening up near our home. So far, it is 4.75 miles from my house to the path and back. They have another section of the path open (well, not quite open yet ... I had to slip under the caution tape ;) But it is almost ready to open .... and just beautiful! It took me over 3 hours of walking, but by the time I got home ... I had walked 9.25 miles! Needless to say, my legs hurt!

But then I had not had lunch, so was starved by the time I got home ... and ate too much of the wrong stuff!

Today I am heading out to work in the yard ... but I did get my workout in, though only a short 45 minute one.

But wanted to also show you guys the quilt I am working on now ..... all very scrappy .... using a box of little leftover scraps that I just can't part with. It will have black (I think) inbetween the squares.

@bcTRAI --- I LOVE the new quilt you are working on!!! Please post a picture when you are finished!
    @Snowflake1968 --- Wonderful on the swimming!!! SO proud of you!!! I should go back myself and start lessons! I got where I was able to swim in the deep end, but I could just never relax -- I had to swim near the sides, or would swim like crazy till I could stand again. Thankfully I am still able to have fun with the grandsons, as they typically stay in the areas where it is not so deep. But so very proud of you --- I know you can do this!

@Bex953172--- great job getting to the gym!!!

or18qfxim5jh.jpg

My goals today will be simple
    1. do tiny habits ... vitamin .... water bottle ... brush after dinner
    2. log ALL food
    3. concentrate on water
    4. work in the yard
    5. clean one area of downstairs
    6. quick pickup of the house -- vacuum, scrub floors, clean bathroom and kitchen
    7. go and buy a couple periannals to plant in bare spots in flower bed
    8. get back on here ... be accountable
    9. work on quilt
  • PackerFanInGB
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Just for Saturday
    1. Get up early so I don't waste half the day. :)Done
    2. WATER Done
    3. Journal every bite Done
    4. Low carb eating. <75g carb, <29g sugar Much better than normal so I'm calling it a Done
    5. Go bumming either at Ashwaubenon rummage sale or hit a few thrift stores today looking for "treasures" Done
    6. Work on Bex's quilt for little Casey Just a little bit. Was gone most of the day
    7. Spend time relaxing tonight with DH Done
    8. NO ICE CREAM Done

Yesterday was so nice outside. It was rather odd, the weather, actually. It was warm enough that we didn't have to wear a coat. It was in the 50's, but there are still snow drifts up to 3 feet tall! Crazy weather in Wisconsin! Anyway, we went bumming to a few of the thrift stores in town that I like to dig for treasures in. We were able to open the sunroof and let some fresh air into the car.

I got home and paid for it though. I forgot my pelvic stabilizer at work and my hip has been acting up, so that was too much walking without the belt around my hips. I'm paying for it today, which makes me a bit cranky because I wanted to go to the quilt show in Neenah today. Oh well, I have adult responsibilities I should be doing anyway. :wink:

Everyone is doing so well on here, even those having various struggles are finding ways to deal and are so insightful, and that takes such strength! So proud and inspired by all of you!

Just for Sunday:
    1. Journal and stay in the green
    2. Goal is to stay <75g carbs, < 29g added sugar
    3. 64+ oz of water
    4. Finish Activate phase of 17-Day-Diet book for some ideas on nutrition and snacks
    5. Meal plan after reading Activate and make grocery list
    6. Prep healthy snacks into serving-size baggies
    7. Find healthy ideas for raw veggie dips, i.e. guacamole, hummus, peanut butter?
    8. Laundry and pick out next week's outfits to make mornings smoother
    9. Activity of some kind. 25 minutes yesterday....try to beat that by even 1 minute
    10. Bills - must do today
    11. Evening routine - Simple Abundance, Gratitude Journal, wash & moisturize face, pack tomorrow's lunch, set out tomorrow's outfit
    12. Get up without hitting snooze tomorrow!
    13. Also, need to think of 3 new Tiny Habits. The first ones have pretty much become routine now. I'll add those tomorrow. :smile:

Sorry for all the to-do items in my list but if they are written down, I have to be accoubtable, right?

Have a lovely Sunday! :heart:
    T.
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »

or18qfxim5jh.jpg

Oh my gosh, Joan! This is SO PRETTY! I love scrappy quilts. They just kind of fall into place, don't they? I have seen this type of block in some of Therese Downunder's videos. I can't remember the name but it looks like a braid or a weave. Very cool!