• AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    JFT Monday Recap
    1. Drink 3 waters before noon :)
    2. Log all food :)
    3. Meds AM and PM :)
    4. Cook dinner at home :)
    5. Stay in the green :)
    6. Be kind to yourself - NO demonizing yourself for eating lots of food this weekend! :) This was an interesting one - I spent the better half of the day making sure I had a HUGE deficit of calories to "make up" for the weekend. But I ended up snacky, starving, and sassy after dinner - so I had some ice cream, which turned into a few crackers as well, and then some pretzels. I grabbed my phone to log it all and stay in the green. But it was a learning moment, that trying to "make up" for yesterdays missteps is not a solution - I need to just carry on with my day like any other.

JFT Tuesday
    1. Drink 3 waters before noon
    2. Log all food
    3. Meds AM and PM
    4. Cook dinner at home
    5. Stay in the green
    6. Be kind to yourself
    7. Eat afternoon snack
    8. Set full moon intentions - channeling my energy towards improved habits and communication. "If Saturn teaches us anything, it is the importance of developing an incredible amount of patience along with a consistent and steady effort without regard for rewards or awards(...)By honoring the efforts it takes to accomplish something, it is Saturn that teaches us how to channel our energy." source: http://chaninicholas.com/2018/06/mars-retrograde-full-moon-horoscopes/
  • Michaela_LaGata
    Michaela_LaGata Posts: 117 Member
    Why oh why do I hit done and not reply and lose my writing 🙄!!
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    6. Be kind to yourself - NO demonizing yourself for eating lots of food this weekend! :) This was an interesting one - I spent the better half of the day making sure I had a HUGE deficit of calories to "make up" for the weekend. But I ended up snacky, starving, and sassy after dinner - so I had some ice cream, which turned into a few crackers as well, and then some pretzels. I grabbed my phone to log it all and stay in the green. But it was a learning moment, that trying to "make up" for yesterdays missteps is not a solution - I need to just carry on with my day like any other.

Yes, I can sometimes trim a hundred or so calories here and there, but not a steep deficit like that. Last night I felt like I could never eat again, but this morning I still wanted my oatmeal, just a bit later than usual.
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    It’s sooooo sunny today!

27C (80F)!!!!
    Got my tanning lotion on haha
    nmf2cyzla5h7.jpeg

plvoruu3hpg4.jpg

And look at that beautiful and clean patio! Did you get a grill yet?
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,057 Member
    toaljasa wrote: »
    It’s sooooo sunny today!

27C (80F)!!!!
    Got my tanning lotion on haha
    nmf2cyzla5h7.jpeg

plvoruu3hpg4.jpg

And look at that beautiful and clean patio! Did you get a grill yet?

Yes we did about a month ago? Maybe a bit longer, during the first heatwave!
    We got the last bbq from the local supermarket haha they were selling out! Everyone was coming out with coal and meat and buns etc.
  • toaljasa
    So, several of us have taken this half way point in the year to restate/reset/begin our goals for the next six months as we change our body, mind, and spirit for the better. This is fantastic. Goals help keep us going and moving and focused.

So, now I want to encourage us to take those goals and write out a specific plan as to how you are going to reach them. Writing them down helps to make them real, and indicates that you are serious about this. Writing down a plan also gives you a reference that you can turn back to as a source of encouragement and to keep you aligned with the goal.
    g4dgzj6aljs9.png

Sometimes our plans have to change, due to them not being realistic, or something in our lives have causes the plan to no longer work. Writing them down allows us to modify them.

And sometimes our deadline (such as this one for six months) has to be modified. Sometimes we reach a goal early and other times we realize our goals was too much for us and we have to modify it.

That does not equal failure. This is a journey. When we are on a trip we have a goal...our destination. And we set a time as to when we are going to reach the place. And then we map out a plan as to which roads we are going to be on, when we will stop for the evening, etc.

As we are driving along we may run into lots of unexpected events that will delay us from reaching our destination: construction, storms, broken down car, an unexpected opportunity to see a sight that you didn't know about. We eventually get there, but we have had to modify our plans, make a detour, and move our goal.

Our life journey is much like this, right? We set out with high hopes to lose 30 pounds in one year. And then...life happens! We are emotionally crunched when a loved one passes; we injure our body which slows down our exercise plans; we become ill, pregnant, divorced, unemployed, or get a new job.

Life is going to happen. The more we are successful with our daily goals the sooner they will become a part of us so that when we have the unexpected happen, and we have to modify a bit, we are strong and empowered to resist.

Here are my goals for the next six months and my plan of Action to achieve them--you certainly don't have to put yours here---I will copy mine and put them some place I can easily find and review...I want to show you that I'm practicing what I'm preaching :)

My goals for the next six months.
    To continue MFP log-in and make it to 365 consecutive days Get on in the morning and enter foods I plan on eating and then adjust accordingly during the day or in the evening.

To continue with JFT Jump on even if it's to quickly list my daily goals.

To continue with my online weight loss program I will do my study before anything else on the computer

To read two more inspirational books/studies Find another book from Nancy Leigh DeMoss and one on fear or on how to rid self of destructional thinking.

To journal Do this just after online study

To continue drinking and mindful eating Being on JFT and online study will help remind me each day. I will get in the habit to ask myself why I am eating this. If it is because I am frustrated, bored, angry, fearful, etc., I purpose to put the food away and go do something else.

To continue to lose weight by keeping my eyes on the process. I will review my goal/plans/vision at the beginning of each month.

To exercise I will walk in the mornings here at home 6 days a week. When I travel I will do a cardio from You Tube.

To not give up that I can be painfree and continue to be proactive. (back and legs) I will increase my icing and stretch after exercising.

To communicate better with my husband and to be kinder I will make sure he understands and hears what I am saying. I will not be emphatic about things but will preface them with a "maybe" or "I suggest" or "you might consider."

To move to 10 pound weights on more exercises I will continually try moving up to greater weights.

To add more creative but healthy recipes to my list I will look at the Eating Well sight once a week for one recipe and will try it tht week.

To continue to make strides to love myself as I love others; to not be consumed with guilt when I mess up I will do this by stopping negative thoughts and replace them with positive ones about myself. I will write down one positive thing about myself each Wednesday on JFT.

To learn to drive a stick shift! Ask Craig to help. I will do this by October 1.

To move onward! I will continue to feed on scripture and other positive messages to keep me hopeful and to give me the strength to resist temptation.

Unless eating a meal, I will close down the kitchen at 830pm. I will set an alarm on Alexa at 8:15 so that if I am hungry or had made room for a snack, I will be sure to eat it prior to 830, if I want to.

We may stall but we won't quit!

Peace and joy!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,719 Member
    @toaljasa @Snowflake1968 @mytime6630

I really appreciate the solidarity and encouragement. I think if I hadn't come to this thread and posted this could easily have been a multi day disaster, but right now I'm feeling optimistic about tomorrow. Thank you all so much.

And mytime6630, I will definitely come here first if I'm tempted to do this again, and now I'll look for you to do the same! :)

Also, one final thought, when I was @ing Snowflake, someone came up with the screenname "Snowflake Kisses" Isn't that a lovely image? Makes me think of kids spinning in a light snowfall with their faces turned up to the sky while gentle snowflakes slip onto their cheeks.

That is a really nice image. I don't know how I chose Snowflake as a screen name, it was years and years ago. I am not really a Winter type person, I just love snowflakes, the individuality and fragility. I have a lot of snowflake Christmas ornaments and my Grandson for his first Christmas gave me a necklace with snowflakes and a snowman in it. Of course, my daughter chose it for me.
  • Snowflake1968
    Faebert wrote: »
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    OMG!!! I think there are like 75 posts just for today!! Such a active thread -- I almost gave up trying to find my last post (and realized I didn't even post any monday goals)! I had to go back almost 6 pages!! Love it though!

After my terrible binge over the weekend, today was not the best, but not nearly as bad.

@nickssweetheart -- you are definitely not alone!! Ice cream is my worse downfall.... and once I get started, its like my brain leaves my head, and I just go numb.

But ... you did great in logging it all, and being accountable. That alone is a NSV! LIke @toaljasa said, it is only ONE day, and the best thing is to get right back on track (don't let it turn into 3 days like I did). This is the key to being successful. We don't have to be perfect everyday, just when we stumble, get right back on track, and put that day behind us!.. This for me is my biggest obstacle. I do great as long as I stay perfect. When I get off, it takes me so long to get back on track. I eventually do get back on track, because I want to be successful, and get those stubborn last 10 pounds off, but it is hard for me. Thats why I love this thread.

And BTW @toaljasa -- thank you so much for being the best, biggest motivator to all of us!! I don't always have time to comment, but I absolutely love how you encourage each of us!

These were my sunday goals:
    1. go to the gym :) Already did this, so off to a good start today
    2. log all food :)
    3. april challenge = 8+ cups water :)
    4. may challenge - 15 minute walk tonite :/
    5. june challenge - mindful eating. Stay away from emotional stuff. :)
    6. clean house :):)
    7. get back on here - be accountable
    8. do NOT weigh myself until next sunday .... and do not give up. :/ WHY do I do this! The scale is NOT going to move everyday, no matter how good I am!!

Here are my goals for tomorrow
    1. getting haircut and colored, so light breakfast
    2. log ALL food
    3. april challenge - 8+ cups of water
    4. may challenge - get out for a walk. Since I can't get to the gym in the morning, maybe a afternoon trip to the gym?
    5. june challene - mindful eating
    6. sip on water in the evening. Get back out of that habit of nitetime grazing.
    7. DO NOT WEIGH myself. Just stay on track

The bolded section above is I think absolutely at the heart of this all @mytime6630 and @nickssweetheart

It really isn’t about the ability to be perfect/eat clean/exercise every day. It’s about moving forward immediately from the times when we aren’t. This is why JFT is so useful to me as I think it helps keep it all in perspective. We’ve all had rough days but we are here still. And there is always a brand new day.

Let’s make today a good one x

I 100% agree! I used to have the same mindset, "not perfect, oh well let's stop for 6 months to a year". This group has been a blessing to me.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,468 Member
    Still haven't caught up reading all posts ~ may take a while!

Recap M 6/25 ~ no dog walk before work ~ allowed myself day to get used to alarm clock again :D
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 8,541 steps, 250+ steps 13/14 & 38 floors :smiley:
    2) Log all food & beverages / net calories w/i 100 green / monitor usual = Well, not what I wanted, but sure it was better than eating on vacation! :D Net calories -204, sodium -652, sugar -33, fiber & protein good & 12c water ~ water wasn't my beverage of choice last week ;)
    3) Workday: email request to Controller :smiley: + spent most of day analyzing accounts & fields needed in data dump :smiley: / complete at least two regs on current project :/ no time / catch up email backlog in "spare time" :| essential emails addressed, still huge backlog of newsletters
    4) Remember 5:00 call w/ Mike K :D almost forgot ~ thank goodness for computer reminders! / wash towels (remember beach towels) :smiley: forgot in dryer until 10:30 ~ oops :# / at least 1-2 to-do's = got lots done ~ boiled eggs, liquified 3 honey jars, made hummingbird syrup & refilled feeder, submitted reviews of resort & scenci boat tour ~ both wonderful :smiley:
    5) UNPLUG 9:30 :/ 10 / FLOSS (took vacation from this too) :s really need to get on this / retainers :smiley: / bed & TV off 10:15 :s nope ~ grrr

JFT T 6/26
    1) Walked dog before work / 3.5 mi 1:01:24 = happy dog B) & happy me B) (remember to stretch next time)
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    3) Log all food & beverages / leftovers day / net calories green / monitor usual
    4) Progress on current work assignment ~ remember deadline next week! Keep current w/ emails & catch-up backlog later.
    5) Leave by 6:15 for spa appt ~ b/c who doesn't need a massage after returning to work from vacation
    6) UNPLUG 9:00 / FLOSS seriously / retainers / bed & TV off 10:15 (walk dog W before work)
  • Snowflake1968
    Can anyone explain why my weight is up today? By 1lb? 😡😡😡

Don’t worry I’m not discouraged, if anything I’m more motivated to get those numbers down!

I am up 2 pounds one day, down 2 pounds the next, then sit for a few days at the same weight. I don't understand it at all. I am going to start paying more attention to the actual food I'm eating rather than just the calorie count to see how that affects the weight.
  • toaljasa
    Today I will go for a walk and I will drink 8 glasses of water. It feels monumental right now, though. [/quote
    @intrigame23 These are great goals. There are many of us who have trouble drinking 8 glasses of water. Some people have found having a red glass or cup out where we can see it and be reminded to drink a cup as we pass by the kitchen or to grab it and take it to the water fountain at work. Setting an hourly alarm reminding you to drink helps also.

If you haven't walked yet set a time as to when you will, set the alarm and then go to it!

Get back on here and let us know how you did with your JFT'S! You have got this:) Now, I'm going to get up and get a cup of water, lol! (This was a good reminder for me)

Peace and joy.
  • Snowflake1968
    Why oh why do I hit done and not reply and lose my writing 🙄!!

You must be hitting the top done, instead of the bottom one on your tablet or phone. I have done that so many times, it's so frustrating.
  • Snowflake1968
    toaljasa wrote: »
    So, several of us have taken this half way point in the year to restate/reset/begin our goals for the next six months as we change our body, mind, and spirit for the better. This is fantastic. Goals help keep us going and moving and focused.

So, now I want to encourage us to take those goals and write out a specific plan as to how you are going to reach them. Writing them down helps to make them real, and indicates that you are serious about this. Writing down a plan also gives you a reference that you can turn back to as a source of encouragement and to keep you aligned with the goal.
    g4dgzj6aljs9.png

Sometimes our plans have to change, due to them not being realistic, or something in our lives have causes the plan to no longer work. Writing them down allows us to modify them.

And sometimes our deadline (such as this one for six months) has to be modified. Sometimes we reach a goal early and other times we realize our goals was too much for us and we have to modify it.

That does not equal failure. This is a journey. When we are on a trip we have a goal...our destination. And we set a time as to when we are going to reach the place. And then we map out a plan as to which roads we are going to be on, when we will stop for the evening, etc.

As we are driving along we may run into lots of unexpected events that will delay us from reaching our destination: construction, storms, broken down car, an unexpected opportunity to see a sight that you didn't know about. We eventually get there, but we have had to modify our plans, make a detour, and move our goal.

Our life journey is much like this, right? We set out with high hopes to lose 30 pounds in one year. And then...life happens! We are emotionally crunched when a loved one passes; we injure our body which slows down our exercise plans; we become ill, pregnant, divorced, unemployed, or get a new job.

Life is going to happen. The more we are successful with our daily goals the sooner they will become a part of us so that when we have the unexpected happen, and we have to modify a bit, we are strong and empowered to resist.

Here are my goals for the next six months and my plan of Action to achieve them--you certainly don't have to put yours here---I will copy mine and put them some place I can easily find and review...I want to show you that I'm practicing what I'm preaching :)

My goals for the next six months.
    To continue MFP log-in and make it to 365 consecutive days Get on in the morning and enter foods I plan on eating and then adjust accordingly during the day or in the evening.

To continue with JFT Jump on even if it's to quickly list my daily goals.

To continue with my online weight loss program I will do my study before anything else on the computer

To read two more inspirational books/studies Find another book from Nancy Leigh DeMoss and one on fear or on how to rid self of destructional thinking.

To journal Do this just after online study

To continue drinking and mindful eating Being on JFT and online study will help remind me each day. I will get in the habit to ask myself why I am eating this. If it is because I am frustrated, bored, angry, fearful, etc., I purpose to put the food away and go do something else.

To continue to lose weight by keeping my eyes on the process. I will review my goal/plans/vision at the beginning of each month.

To exercise I will walk in the mornings here at home 6 days a week. When I travel I will do a cardio from You Tube.

To not give up that I can be painfree and continue to be proactive. (back and legs) I will increase my icing and stretch after exercising.

To communicate better with my husband and to be kinder I will make sure he understands and hears what I am saying. I will not be emphatic about things but will preface them with a "maybe" or "I suggest" or "you might consider."

To move to 10 pound weights on more exercises I will continually try moving up to greater weights.

To add more creative but healthy recipes to my list I will look at the Eating Well sight once a week for one recipe and will try it tht week.

To continue to make strides to love myself as I love others; to not be consumed with guilt when I mess up I will do this by stopping negative thoughts and replace them with positive ones about myself. I will write down one positive thing about myself each Wednesday on JFT.

To learn to drive a stick shift! Ask Craig to help. I will do this by October 1.

To move onward! I will continue to feed on scripture and other positive messages to keep me hopeful and to give me the strength to resist temptation.

Unless eating a meal, I will close down the kitchen at 830pm. I will set an alarm on Alexa at 8:15 so that if I am hungry or had made room for a snack, I will be sure to eat it prior to 830, if I want to.

We may stall but we won't quit!

Peace and joy!

I love this! Now I have some thinking to do on what goals I want to achieve and make a plan to get there. I think my first goal will be to have them decided on and written down by Sunday July 1!
  • Snowflake1968
    5) Leave by 6:15 for spa appt ~ b/c who doesn't need a massage after returning to work from vacation

That sounds like an excellent way to ease back to the real world after vacation :) Enjoy!
  • Snowflake1968
    JFT - Monday June 25
    Well it seems that I only put my goals in my head yesterday and didn't actually post them. I have a "system" for posting. I copy my goals from the previous day, then read and respond to the posts until I'm a the end and then update and post my new goals. I was so caught up in everyone else's posts yesterday I can't see where I posted mine. Or I'm being blind :D

So yesterday I know that I wanted to accomplish:
    2L of Water - I succeeded
    Stay in Green - No, although it wasn't as bad as it could have been, I managed to get it into maintenance
    Outside 15 Minutes - Yes, 2 hours last night planting
    Finish planting - Yes! I had to buy 8 more pots to get them all in, but I did it! Thankfully the Dollar Store is handy.
    Write in Journal - Yes!
    June Challenge - Like @slittlemeister greed won the battle yesterday, nothing really to do with emotions.
    I also took a nice long soaking bath which I loved.

JFT - Tuesday June 26
    2L of Water
    Stay in Green
    Outside 15 Minutes - Weather looks a little sketchy will have to see about this one
    Come up with plan for sales
    Write in Journal
    Work on a 6 month goal plan
    Swim or walk tonight?

I just want to say how incredibly blessed I have been feeling lately. My husband and I are getting along better than we have in close to a dozen years. I have a family that I enjoy and that brings me lots of smiles. I have friends that support me and love me just for me. I'm still not where I want to be health wise, but I'm working on it. My financial life is still a mess, but I have food to eat and a roof over my head and we'll get there eventually. I have a job that I'm being pushed out of my comfort zone with and maybe I should fully embrace it as it's God's plan for me to have the financial stability I crave.

Here is my problem, I struggle feeling this happy. I keep waiting for something to go wrong. I don't know why I think that. I guess part of it is how life has happened in the past. The last time I was this happy was 2010, by 2012 life was kicking me over and over and it didn't stop. I am praying, appreciating and showing gratitude so much more because I know how fleeting these happy times can be.

I want all of you to know that you are a huge part of my happiness right now, the encouragement, strength and friendship means so much to me. I love how we give each other ideas, support each other and share stories to help us all learn and grow. Thanks so much!