JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    Brightening your quilting area. In 2009 both of my girls left within a month of each other, one went to college and the other moved to Manitoba for a boy. (He's going to be her husband next year so I guess it was a good move). I started to lose my mind and took up scrapbooking. I had no idea how much space that stuff takes up. I took a corner of our concrete basement to use as a crafting space. It was dark and dingy and I hated it. I didn't have a lot of money and it was a rental so I couldn't paint or anything, but I ended up using tape to put up wrapping paper on the walls. Then I used some of the layouts and cards I made as the "artwork". I used bristol board to cover the ceiling so it helped reflect some light. It worked for me for about a year until we moved and then I took over a spare room in our house. Have fun, decorating!

I read @toaljasa 's post too and responded as if I haven't succeeded so far this year either. Then I read yours and realized that I have made a lot of positive changes. I have a job, which I didn't have at New Years, I have lost 15-17 pounds, depending on the day. I have started planning a wedding with my daughter. I am off anti-depressants and I've learned to swim. I like how you listed yours without just focusing on the body. Thanks for sharing.

That's a great idea! I'll have to look up bristol board. I'm not sure what that is, but if it will help reflect some light, I'm in! My husband keeps talking about redoing the basement "the right way" but I know it is at the bottom of his list. So, I think it's time to take things into my own hands and just get started! I was thinking some of those cork panels to make a big bulletin board on one wall would be nice too. I could pin patterns and pictures of quilts I see in magazines I want to make someday. I could put pics of the Grandkids and things that make me smile. I bought some chalkboard paint also (1 quart) and thought maybe I could paint a chalkboard on one of the walls and write notes for myself on it. That wouldn't brighten it, since it is black paint, but it's not very much and if I use colored chalk....? Thanks for the ideas! Those are very clever ideas.

I love how you turned it around and thought about all you've accomplished. Your swimming stories inspire me every time I read them! You have lost 15-17 pounds! I have GAINED! 15-17 pounds is AWESOME! It's sustainable too! We have done much more than we realize.... I'm always getting after my husband to look at the bright side and the things we HAVE rather than the things we do NOT have, yet I do this to myself on a regular basis regarding my weight goals. I think I need to start focusing more on this being lifestyle changes and not just weight.

We've got this, girl!

Bristol board is also called poster board. I love the cork board and chalkboard ideas too! See you've got this.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    @snowflake1968 Glad you got your stinkin' thinkin' turned around, lol! You have accomplished much this year. And I want to point out that not only did you get a job but that job has turned out to be one that is stretching you and pushing you out of your comfort zone. Perhaps you end up with a different job later, but for now, you are doing something that you didn't think you were capable of doing well. And the swimming. Okay, what I see here is someone who has perseverance. How many times have you been on here saying you had such a hard time getting the breathing down, etc. But you didn't quit. You have continued to make strides in this area. You are getting great joy from being with your grands. And the weight loss...ooh di ladi! There are so many folks on MFP who would love to say, "I've lost 15 pounds!" Like Tracie, you have done a lot this year to love on yourself.

But it's good that you aren't complacent. You have set goals. And as long as you revisit them, continue to move, you will reach them. Maybe not as fast as you thought. And as you continue on your journey you will have more days where you say, "No, not this time. This time, I am going to win." Persevere!

Peace and joy

Thank you so much for your encouragement. I feel sorry for all the people who don't have you as their personal cheerleader. You sure are appreciated by me.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    I’m not nursing anymore! I stopped after 3 weeks lol!!

Also, Following from your recap... Pinterest? You needn’t say more.
    I spend hours and hours on there until I’m looking at funny pictures of dogs?

BWAHAHAHA! I actually was thinking to myself that I was wrong and you had stopped nursing. But still...2000 calories when you are chasing after little ones is not bad! haha

Yeah, I cannot get off Pinterest once I go on...I will stay up into the wee hours, even knowing I have to work early, because I cannot put it down!!!! It wouldn't be so bad if I would just follow through and DO JUST ONE of them! LMAO!

Hahaha I know I have so many boards!!
    DIY, Pallet ideas, crochet ideas, knitting, embroidery, amigurumi, candle making, soap making, sugar scrub making, quilting and I’ve done... 0?
    Oh wait, I’ve done half of 1 lol!!!

I should just name the board “Things I like but will never do”

I love Pinterest too, that's where we got the inspiration for our planter this weekend LOL. We bastardized it a bit to fit our budget, but it's pretty close to what the original post was. I use Pinterest a lot for scrapbooking and for the Christmas ornaments we make. I also have a lot of pins that never get used though LOL
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Tracie, and Snowflake, I have appreciated your What-I've-accomplished-the-last-six-months. I think it's good to write it down...so I shall do the same.

I am making strides to love myself so that I can love others better.
    As I've been on this health/life journey my relationship with God has grown deeper.
    I've read a couple of inspirational books/studies: one on boundaries and another on forgiveness
    I've journaled more than I have in years.
    I've logged my food on MFP for 174 days straight. I didn't even bother to set that as a goal because I figured I quit doing it.
    I've made lovely friends on JFT and through my online weightloss program.
    I actually get up in the morning ready to go for my walk...I walked on my rest day this week because I wanted to!
    I am drinking 6-8 cups of water consistently. At the beginning of the year, I was sometimes drinking 1 cup a day---and that included tea, lol!
    I have discovered that I have it within me to be in control of my food instead of it being in control of me. I miss the mark sometimes, but it is so empowering to know I can do this.
    I have made progress in taking every bite captive before I eat it.
    I am no longer incontinent!!! The weight loss and kegels have made a new woman out of me, lolol!
    I have released 24 pounds of fat. I honestly don't think I could have done it without the combination of all the above.
    t9kzfi2j16ab.png

My goals for the next six months.
    To continue MFP log-in
    To continue with JFT
    To continue with my online weight loss program
    To read two more inspirational books/studies
    To journal
    To continue drinking and mindful eating
    To continue to lose weight by keeping my eyes on the process.
    To exercise
    To not give up that I can be painfree and continue to be proactive. (back and legs)
    To communicate better with my husband and to be kinder
    To move to 10 pound weights on more exercises
    To add more creative but healthy recipes to my list
    To learn to drive a stick shift!
    To move onward!

• toaljasa
    Options
    JFT 6/25

April challenge: drink 6-8 cups water
    May challenge: Walk outside (done!)
    June challenge: be mindful of eating...what I'm having, why I'm having it and when I'm having it (ate supper after 9pm last night--I wasn't even hungry :(
    Boundaries
    Pre log/log food on MFP
    Strength training
    knock out some on the household list
    be grateful for how far I've come on this life/health journey!

Peace and joy good people!
  • toaljasa
    Options

I should just name the board “Things I like but will never do”

Oh my gosh, Bex, truer words never spoken! That Pintrest eats my time so that I don't have time to do the projects, lol!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    mepeiffer wrote: »
    Just replied to most of you and lost it hope you all have a great day. Don’t have an hour to repost.

218.1/219.7/195

Oh that’s the worst! I hate it when that happens!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Where is the post regarding the half way mark of the year? Can’t find it.. 😒
  • shelsrevenge
    shelsrevenge Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Just found this thread, so far, I have achieved the tracking my food everyday in June. Goals for next month:
    1. Track all food that goes in my mouth
    2. Hit 10,000 steps at least 1x per week (minimum of 5,000 per day).
    3. Get back up no matter how many times I fall.

Thanks for a place to be accountable.

Am new to meal prepping, any ideas that might help me love it? I don't mind the prepping, love the convenience of always having something healthy to grab, but have really been sick of what I've made after the second day.
  • toaljasa
    Options
    Where is the post regarding the half way mark of the year? Can’t find it.. 😒

Well, I posted this one last night...it's the one Tracie, Snowflake, and I have been discussing...

Fellow Sojourners: This is the last week of the first half of 2018! Wow!

We've got six months left in this year to make significant changes on our body, mind, and spirit! We are going for a whole transformation!

We've done well--we persevere. We may stall but we don't quit!

Review or make goals for Dec. 31. Where do you want to be by then? Review/revise/make a plan to get to those goals! Then focus on the process so you will see progress.

We've got to be willing to keep moving and keep changing---we are transforming unhealthy habits into good ones.

Peace and joy, my strong, determined, friends! Now, let's go out there and slay some dragons!

What have you changed/are you changing to reach your goal?
    w4z07s0df5p8.png
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Tracie, and Snowflake, I have appreciated your What-I've-accomplished-the-last-six-months. I think it's good to write it down...so I shall do the same.

As I've been on this health/life journey my relationship with God has grown deeper.
    I've read a couple of inspirational books/studies: one on boundaries and another on forgiveness
    I've logged my food on MFP for 174 days straight. I didn't even bother to set that as a goal because I figured I quit doing it.
    I actually get up in the morning ready to go for my walk...I walked on my rest day this week because I wanted to!
    I am drinking 6-8 cups of water consistently. At the beginning of the year, I was sometimes drinking 1 cup a day---and that included tea, lol!
    I have discovered that I have it within me to be in control of my food instead of it being in control of me. I miss the mark sometimes, but it is so empowering to know I can do this.
    I am no longer incontinent!!! The weight loss and kegels have made a new woman out of me, lolol!
    I have released 24 pounds of fat. I honestly don't think I could have done it without the combination of all the above.
    t9kzfi2j16ab.png

To continue MFP log-in
    To continue with JFT
    To journal
    To exercise
    To not give up that I can be painfree and continue to be proactive. (back and legs)
    To move onward!

I love, love, love driving a stick! My Dad and Grandfather made me learn before I could get my licence. I don't have one because 1 - hubby doesn't care for it in the city and 2 - It's a company car but man I would love to have one again. I love how sexy and in control they make me feel.

• HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I have to do a whole bunch of laundry tonight but all I want to do is curl up and go to bed super early! I'm having a seriously hard time keeping my eyes open!
  • Bex953172
    edited June 2018
    Options

t9kzfi2j16ab.png

To continue MFP log-in
    To continue with JFT
    To journal
    To exercise
    To move onward!

I love, love, love driving a stick! My Dad and Grandfather made me learn before I could get my licence. I don't have one because 1 - hubby doesn't care for it in the city and 2 - It's a company car but man I would love to have one again. I love how sexy and in control they make me feel.

Drive a stick? Is that what we call a “manual” car as opposed to “automatic”

Lol I drive manuals, I can’t drive automatics (I know that sounds stupid haha)

Here in the U.K. you can learn to drive either, if you learn to drive a manual you can drive an automatic without lessons. If you learn and pass your test in an automatic then you’re not allowed to drive a manual, you have to have automatics.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    I have to do a whole bunch of laundry tonight but all I want to do is curl up and go to bed super early! I'm having a seriously hard time keeping my eyes open!

Maybe getting out and doing laundry will perk you up and then you'll sleep very sound tonight.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options

t9kzfi2j16ab.png

To continue MFP log-in
    To continue with JFT
    To journal
    To exercise
    To move onward!

Drive a stick? Is that what we call a “manual” car as opposed to “automatic”

Lol I drive manuals, I can’t drive automatics (I know that sounds stupid haha)

Here in the U.K. you can learn to drive either, if you learn to drive a manual you can drive an automatic without lessons. If you learn and pass your test in an automatic then you’re not allowed to drive a manual, you have to have automatics.

Yes it's the same thing :) That's a cool way of doing it. You can own what you want here regardless of what you take your test on.
  • Bex953172
    Options
    I did the Sweaty Betty routine again!
    Didn't complete it all although I didn't expect too but that's my new goal, to successfully complete it!
    Those from JFT 2017 will know the one I mean!

https://youtu.be/t5Xyb2h_KHo

There's the link! If anyone wants to try!

I've burned 700 calories today! And ate 1500!

I deserve a treat!
  • toaljasa
    Options

t9kzfi2j16ab.png

To continue MFP log-in
    To continue with JFT
    To journal
    To exercise
    To move onward!

I have tried several times by different people. I get so anxious about starting up when cars are behind me, and such, i'm a nervous wreck! My husband drives a stick and has said it's the easiest one he's ever driven and has offered to teach me. So, i'm hoping before summer ends I will be able to do it. It's on my list of "things to do to make me feel empowered, lol"
  • toaljasa
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I did the Sweaty Betty routine again!
    Didn't complete it all although I didn't expect too but that's my new goal, to successfully complete it!
    Those from JFT 2017 will know the one I mean!

https://youtu.be/t5Xyb2h_KHo

There's the link! If anyone wants to try!

I've burned 700 calories today! And ate 1500!

I deserve a treat!

Job well done, Bex! I broke out into a sweat just watching it! I think I could modify it a bit and build up to it, in my dreams.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    So busy on here today!! I’ve had an exhausting one. Rushing around but made it through and got everything done. Daughter is chuffed with her new (purple!) plaster cast and I’ve made some steady progress with work as I went back into school after hours once we’d finished at the hospital. Over 20k steps today and it’s been scorching. Had a bit of a win on the emotional eating challenge too. All good :)

Goals for Monday
    - morning workout ✅
    - check exam threshold publication ✅
    - check report printing guidelines in am meeting ✅
    - reschedule meetings ✅
    - remind boss re daughter’s fracture clinic appt and request time off for daughter’s show ✅ half!
    - April challenge ✅
    - May challenge ✅
    - June challenge - really stressed trying to get everything done and leave early to take daughter to hospital. Didn’t manage a proper lunch and it was boiling hot this afternoon so had an ice cream on arrival at the hospital. Could have let it get me down as it was an unplanned ‘treat’ but I chose a low (less than 100) cal option and stayed on track
    - order cake boxes ✅
    - online grocery shop ✅
    - early night - not too bad if I switch off as soon as I post this!!

Tuesday goals
    - morning workout
    - April challenge
    - May challenge
    - June challenge
    - School trip email
    - Hand reports to Head
    - Stats for Z
    - Finish data
    - Hot yoga after work if data situation looks good
    - Early night

Hope you’ve all had a happy Monday x