JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Sunday
    1. Feed cats. Meds, teeth, tea. Plan & log food for day. Pack lunch.
    2. Check Prezi. Plan presentation. Is there a way to do voice?
    3. Daily Duolingo. Read Lackey.
    4. Park 11:30-8:30. Steps to 15k; aim for 20.
    5. Shower. Chop more celery. Dinner - Prepped saag. Finish project.
    6. Take meds. Teeth flossed, rinsed, brushed.

JFT Monday
    1. Feed cats. Meds, teeth, tea. Plan & log breakfast. Duolingo. Short AM walk. Stretch.
    2. YMCA 9:30 - 11:30. Check FB. Meet L for lunch/movie? Check on bikes.
    3. Grocery shopping. Get ingredients for protein cake. Hot dog buns. Read Lackey in the car? Check on mail/paper for parents.
    4. Chop celery. Yoga 6:00. Check in with T about park visit. Finish logging. Meds, face, teeth. Bed by 9:30.
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Wow! I missed one day and was behind 30 posts! 😆

This weekend was total cr@p! I ate like a maniac! I think part of it was because I basically slept all weekend and Sunday was a bad anxiety day. My own fault but still just a bad day and I ate my feelings.

But today is a new day! But damnit! The cookies are still there!

JFT, 6/25/18

1. Read TMM
    2. LAUNDRY!!!
    3. Revise budget while at laundromat.
    4. Take out money to do laundry
    5. Cut up cantaloupe
    6. Prep lunches for tomorrow
    7. Make sensible lunch decision

I really think that that is it for the day.

I WILL make today a good day!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,346 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    I logged my binge, must be accountable, it only came up to just short of 2000 cals for the day

Anyway Goals for Monday
    - 8+ glasses of water
    - Be in the green
    - Nursery walk x2
    - Get house tidy and laundry away.

2000 cals for the day doesn't seem like very many for a nursing mother! I think you are doing great!

YES, YOU WILL!!!! Good attitude!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    JFT / Sunday:
    1. Journal everything I eat :)
    2. 64+ oz of water :) More like 85 oz
    3. Stay in the green :/I went over by 171, but I'm not beating myself up over it.
    4. Reach my step goal - at least 15 minutes of it active. :)
    5. Snack on 1/2 (one-half) pound of fresh veggies throughout the day - mixed variety (trying to get myself to like/eat more veggies) :/ Didn't reach the half pound of veggies but snacked on them throughout the day.
    6. Organize my sewing table, iron the muslin and cut up some strips, set up Roku on TV in basement. :/Moving this to this evening. I spent the day out on the river with my husband and got lost in the day. Was wonderful!
    7. Pack tomorrow's lunch bag :)
    8. Do laundry and pick out tomorrow's work outfit :)
    9. Browse Pinterest later - look for low cost ways to make basement and sewing space brighter and more welcoming. (Dark paneling and old linoleum tile floor right now) :)@mytime6630 I like your idea of hanging a quilt on the wall. I think if I paint the paneling white and find some throw rugs or carpet remnants and get better lighting (which my husband can do), hang some pictures that I like and some colorful quilt wall hangings, it'll be much more inviting!
    11. Bed at 9:00 unplugged, read and sleeping by 10 is the goal... :/Pinterest. Need I say more?
    12. Get up Monday without hitting Snooze button! :/ Again...up late looking at Pinterest.

I read above that this is our half-way point for 2018. That actually made my stomach drop. I feel like I have accomplished nothing this year that I wanted to. Well, weight-wise anyway. But after thinking about it...the goal is working on healthy living as a whole--Body, Mind & Spirit. So really, I did accomplish much so far in 2018, such as learning my new job and gaining confidence (not there yet, but growing) in my new role in this company, got lymphedema therapy on my arm which has helped very much in doing daily tasks, also got new compression sleeves for my arms to help manage it better from here on out...I am going to physical therapy finally for my back and hip so I can get more active. I have been struggling with it since an old injury in March 2011, so it's about time. Getting that fixed will help me to be more active, which will help my health. I have been much more mindful about what I'm eating...I may not always adhere, but I'm much more self-aware of what I'm doing and what I'm eating. I no longer bring my laptop home and work every night and weekend since I started this new job, so I am actually spending more time with my husband and family. I take time to read for pleasure and be present now. I am nowhere NEAR as tense, stressed and anxious as I was in 2017. I have gone off of a medication for anxiety that I have been on for 20-some years. My biometric screening for cholesterol and glucose was great. So, one by one, I have picked things off when it was the right time to do it.

So, maybe my scale hasn't been going the right direction, but my LIFE is! And that is priceless! So the second half of 2018 is going to be focused on getting my physical body in better shape and everything will fall into place in its own time! Thank you @toaljasa for the reminder and the inspiration!

JFT / Monday 6-25
    1. Journal every bite
    2. Stay in the Green
    3. Half my weight in water
    4. Eat only my pre-packed lunch and snacks
    5. I will NOT eat the candy I brought for a treat in the department today
    6. FitBit Goals 6000+ steps | 12/12 >250 steps | 30 minutes activity
    7. Study for my exams tomorrow.
    8. Be patient and kind to everyone at work. Do not participate in water cooler gossip--walk away.
    9. Podcasts (2), Simple Abundance reading, Dodie Olsteen reading, Gratitude Journal, early bedtime.
    10. Organize my sewing table, iron the muslin and cut up some strips, set up Roku on TV in basement.

Tiny Goals:
    2. After I finish dinner, I will take a 15 minute walk outside.
    3. After I take a shower tonight, I will pack tomorrow's lunchbox.
    4. After I pack tomorrow's lunchbox, I will set out tomorrow's clothes.
    5. After I set out tomorrow's clothes, I will pre-log tomorrow's breakfast, lunch & snacks in MFP.

Words to live by in 2018: Persistence and determination.

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,777 Member
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    Fellow Sojourners: This is the last week of the first half of 2018! Wow!

We've got six months left in this year to make significant changes on our body, mind, and spirit! We are going for a whole transformation!

We've done well--we persevere. We may stall but we don't quit!

Review or make goals for Dec. 31. Where do you want to be by then? Review/revise/make a plan to get to those goals! Then focus on the process so you will see progress.

We've got to be willing to keep moving and keep changing---we are transforming unhealthy habits into good ones.

Peace and joy, my strong, determined, friends! Now, let's go out there and slay some dragons!

What have you changed/are you changing to reach your goal?
    w4z07s0df5p8.png

I don't know where this year is going! It's insane! I feel I am not meeting my goals very fast at all right now, I need to get on this. My goal is 170 by September, but it's not looking very promising at the rate I'm going.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,777 Member
    Options
    JFT / Sunday:
    3. Stay in the green :/I went over by 171, but I'm not beating myself up over it.
    5. Snack on 1/2 (one-half) pound of fresh veggies throughout the day - mixed variety (trying to get myself to like/eat more veggies) :/ Didn't reach the half pound of veggies but snacked on them throughout the day.
    6. Organize my sewing table, iron the muslin and cut up some strips, set up Roku on TV in basement. :/Moving this to this evening. I spent the day out on the river with my husband and got lost in the day. Was wonderful!
    9. Browse Pinterest later - look for low cost ways to make basement and sewing space brighter and more welcoming. (Dark paneling and old linoleum tile floor right now) :)@mytime6630 I like your idea of hanging a quilt on the wall. I think if I paint the paneling white and find some throw rugs or carpet remnants and get better lighting (which my husband can do), hang some pictures that I like and some colorful quilt wall hangings, it'll be much more inviting!
    11. Bed at 9:00 unplugged, read and sleeping by 10 is the goal... :/Pinterest. Need I say more?
    12. Get up Monday without hitting Snooze button! :/ Again...up late looking at Pinterest.

I read above that this is our half-way point for 2018. That actually made my stomach drop. I feel like I have accomplished nothing this year that I wanted to. Well, weight-wise anyway. But after thinking about it...the goal is working on healthy living as a whole--Body, Mind & Spirit. So really, I did accomplish much so far in 2018, such as learning my new job and gaining confidence (not there yet, but growing) in my new role in this company, got lymphedema therapy on my arm which has helped very much in doing daily tasks, also got new compression sleeves for my arms to help manage it better from here on out...I am going to physical therapy finally for my back and hip so I can get more active. I have been struggling with it since an old injury in March 2011, so it's about time. Getting that fixed will help me to be more active, which will help my health. I have been much more mindful about what I'm eating...I may not always adhere, but I'm much more self-aware of what I'm doing and what I'm eating. I no longer bring my laptop home and work every night and weekend since I started this new job, so I am actually spending more time with my husband and family. I take time to read for pleasure and be present now. I am nowhere NEAR as tense, stressed and anxious as I was in 2017. I have gone off of a medication for anxiety that I have been on for 20-some years. My biometric screening for cholesterol and glucose was great. So, one by one, I have picked things off when it was the right time to do it.

So, maybe my scale hasn't been going the right direction, but my LIFE is! And that is priceless! So the second half of 2018 is going to be focused on getting my physical body in better shape and everything will fall into place in its own time! Thank you @toaljasa for the reminder and the inspiration!

JFT / Monday 6-25
    1. Journal every bite
    2. Stay in the Green
    8. Be patient and kind to everyone at work. Do not participate in water cooler gossip--walk away.
    9. Podcasts (2), Simple Abundance reading, Dodie Olsteen reading, Gratitude Journal, early bedtime.
    10. Organize my sewing table, iron the muslin and cut up some strips, set up Roku on TV in basement.

Tiny Goals:
    5. After I set out tomorrow's clothes, I will pre-log tomorrow's breakfast, lunch & snacks in MFP.

Brightening your quilting area. In 2009 both of my girls left within a month of each other, one went to college and the other moved to Manitoba for a boy. (He's going to be her husband next year so I guess it was a good move). I started to lose my mind and took up scrapbooking. I had no idea how much space that stuff takes up. I took a corner of our concrete basement to use as a crafting space. It was dark and dingy and I hated it. I didn't have a lot of money and it was a rental so I couldn't paint or anything, but I ended up using tape to put up wrapping paper on the walls. Then I used some of the layouts and cards I made as the "artwork". I used bristol board to cover the ceiling so it helped reflect some light. It worked for me for about a year until we moved and then I took over a spare room in our house. Have fun, decorating!

I read @toaljasa 's post too and responded as if I haven't succeeded so far this year either. Then I read yours and realized that I have made a lot of positive changes. I have a job, which I didn't have at New Years, I have lost 15-17 pounds, depending on the day. I have started planning a wedding with my daughter. I am off anti-depressants and I've learned to swim. I like how you listed yours without just focusing on the body. Thanks for sharing.
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Brightening your quilting area. In 2009 both of my girls left within a month of each other, one went to college and the other moved to Manitoba for a boy. (He's going to be her husband next year so I guess it was a good move). I started to lose my mind and took up scrapbooking. I had no idea how much space that stuff takes up. I took a corner of our concrete basement to use as a crafting space. It was dark and dingy and I hated it. I didn't have a lot of money and it was a rental so I couldn't paint or anything, but I ended up using tape to put up wrapping paper on the walls. Then I used some of the layouts and cards I made as the "artwork". I used bristol board to cover the ceiling so it helped reflect some light. It worked for me for about a year until we moved and then I took over a spare room in our house. Have fun, decorating!

I read @toaljasa 's post too and responded as if I haven't succeeded so far this year either. Then I read yours and realized that I have made a lot of positive changes. I have a job, which I didn't have at New Years, I have lost 15-17 pounds, depending on the day. I have started planning a wedding with my daughter. I am off anti-depressants and I've learned to swim. I like how you listed yours without just focusing on the body. Thanks for sharing.

That's a great idea! I'll have to look up bristol board. I'm not sure what that is, but if it will help reflect some light, I'm in! My husband keeps talking about redoing the basement "the right way" but I know it is at the bottom of his list. So, I think it's time to take things into my own hands and just get started! I was thinking some of those cork panels to make a big bulletin board on one wall would be nice too. I could pin patterns and pictures of quilts I see in magazines I want to make someday. I could put pics of the Grandkids and things that make me smile. I bought some chalkboard paint also (1 quart) and thought maybe I could paint a chalkboard on one of the walls and write notes for myself on it. That wouldn't brighten it, since it is black paint, but it's not very much and if I use colored chalk....? Thanks for the ideas! Those are very clever ideas.

I love how you turned it around and thought about all you've accomplished. Your swimming stories inspire me every time I read them! You have lost 15-17 pounds! I have GAINED! 15-17 pounds is AWESOME! It's sustainable too! We have done much more than we realize.... I'm always getting after my husband to look at the bright side and the things we HAVE rather than the things we do NOT have, yet I do this to myself on a regular basis regarding my weight goals. I think I need to start focusing more on this being lifestyle changes and not just weight.

We've got this, girl!

• HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Just lost a post! Boo!

Just coming off a bad anxiety attack. It's the 3rd one I've had in 2 days. I haven't had any kind of anxiety issues in like 6 months. I think it was too much coffee while being dehydrated.

Although I just looked at the clock and it's almost 12! Holy Crow is today going fast! That makes be so so happy! Lol.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Holy moly! 313 posts since I was last logged in to MFP. I'll have to catch up later.

Hubby and I had a wonderful vacation ~ our first time away in three years. We went to Door County and stayed at the Country House Resort for four days. They have a wonderful nature trail along the bay with steep climb which I used every day; we went on a boat cruise along the north shore, listened to a free concert at a park by the marina, used the swimming pool & hot tub, shopped in antique and thrift stores, mini-golfed, saw a double feature at the outdoor theatre, and attended a performance at Peninsula Players. Of course every day we ate great food. Crammed as much as we could in the days we had. Then had a couple of days at home, and I decided to continue my hiatus from MFP until I returned to work. I picked a flat of strawberries and got busy with them – yum! Now I need to lose about 4-5 lbs. again lol. No regrets ~ I enjoyed every bite of food and sip of adult beverage!

So JFT M 6/25 ~ no dog walk before work ~ allowed myself day to get used to alarm clock again :D
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    2) Log all food & beverages / net calories w/i 100 green / monitor usual
    3) Workday: email request to Controller / complete at least two regs on current project / catch up email backlog in "spare time"
    4) Remember 5:00 call w/ Mike K / wash towels (remember beach towels) / at least 1-2 to-do's
    5) UNPLUG 9:30 / FLOSS (took vacation from this too) / retainers / bed & TV off 10:15
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    JFT / Sunday:

JFT / Monday 6-25
    1. Journal every bite
    2. Stay in the Green

Tiny Goals:

It's always good to make a reckoning! You have done a lot this past six months to love on yourself :) And all these changes we make are not only good for ourselves but good for those around us as well. I'm sure you husband is enjoying have a less tense, more available, at peace wife.

So thrilled for you! Onward! Peace and joy.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,083 Member
    Options
    I logged my binge, must be accountable, it only came up to just short of 2000 cals for the day

Anyway Goals for Monday
    - 8+ glasses of water
    - Be in the green
    - Nursery walk x2
    - Get house tidy and laundry away.

2000 cals for the day doesn't seem like very many for a nursing mother! I think you are doing great!

YES, YOU WILL!!!! Good attitude!

I’m not nursing anymore! I stopped after 3 weeks lol!!

Also, Following from your recap... Pinterest? You needn’t say more.
    I spend hours and hours on there until I’m looking at funny pictures of dogs?
  • toaljasa
    Options
    Holy moly! 313 posts since I was last logged in to MFP. I'll have to catch up later.

Hubby and I had a wonderful vacation ~ our first time away in three years. We went to Door County and stayed at the Country House Resort for four days. They have a wonderful nature trail along the bay with steep climb which I used every day; we went on a boat cruise along the north shore, listened to a free concert at a park by the marina, used the swimming pool & hot tub, shopped in antique and thrift stores, mini-golfed, saw a double feature at the outdoor theatre, and attended a performance at Peninsula Players. Of course every day we ate great food. Crammed as much as we could in the days we had. Then had a couple of days at home, and I decided to continue my hiatus from MFP until I returned to work. I picked a flat of strawberries and got busy with them – yum! Now I need to lose about 4-5 lbs. again lol. No regrets ~ I enjoyed every bite of food and sip of adult beverage!

So JFT M 6/25 ~ no dog walk before work ~ allowed myself day to get used to alarm clock again :D
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    2) Log all food & beverages / net calories w/i 100 green / monitor usual
    3) Workday: email request to Controller / complete at least two regs on current project / catch up email backlog in "spare time"
    4) Remember 5:00 call w/ Mike K / wash towels (remember beach towels) / at least 1-2 to-do's
    5) UNPLUG 9:30 / FLOSS (took vacation from this too) / retainers / bed & TV off 10:15

You sound like you returned relaxed and recharged. Great that you were able to get out of town with your husband. Your activities sound like a lot of the same things we like to do.

Welcome Back!!!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options

LOL! There were over 200 posts yesterday morning when I logged in! Holy moly is right! :smiley:

I LOVE Door County! So glad you had a good time. I haven't heard of that Resort, but will have to keep it in mind because it sounds wonderful! It must be right by the water? Boat cruise, antique and thrift stores, Outdoor Drive-In movie, Peninsula Players....all things I would love to do up there. Tell myself every year that I am going to but never seem to just do it. I will have to live vicariously through you... Welcome back to reality! :mrgreen:
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options

BWAHAHAHA! I actually was thinking to myself that I was wrong and you had stopped nursing. But still...2000 calories when you are chasing after little ones is not bad! haha

Yeah, I cannot get off Pinterest once I go on...I will stay up into the wee hours, even knowing I have to work early, because I cannot put it down!!!! It wouldn't be so bad if I would just follow through and DO JUST ONE of them! LMAO!
  • toaljasa
    Options
    @snowflake1968 Glad you got your stinkin' thinkin' turned around, lol! You have accomplished much this year. And I want to point out that not only did you get a job but that job has turned out to be one that is stretching you and pushing you out of your comfort zone. Perhaps you end up with a different job later, but for now, you are doing something that you didn't think you were capable of doing well. And the swimming. Okay, what I see here is someone who has perseverance. How many times have you been on here saying you had such a hard time getting the breathing down, etc. But you didn't quit. You have continued to make strides in this area. You are getting great joy from being with your grands. And the weight loss...ooh di ladi! There are so many folks on MFP who would love to say, "I've lost 15 pounds!" Like Tracie, you have done a lot this year to love on yourself.

But it's good that you aren't complacent. You have set goals. And as long as you revisit them, continue to move, you will reach them. Maybe not as fast as you thought. And as you continue on your journey you will have more days where you say, "No, not this time. This time, I am going to win." Persevere!

Peace and joy
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,083 Member
    Options

BWAHAHAHA! I actually was thinking to myself that I was wrong and you had stopped nursing. But still...2000 calories when you are chasing after little ones is not bad! haha

Yeah, I cannot get off Pinterest once I go on...I will stay up into the wee hours, even knowing I have to work early, because I cannot put it down!!!! It wouldn't be so bad if I would just follow through and DO JUST ONE of them! LMAO!

Hahaha I know I have so many boards!!
    DIY, Pallet ideas, crochet ideas, knitting, embroidery, amigurumi, candle making, soap making, sugar scrub making, quilting and I’ve done... 0?
    Oh wait, I’ve done half of 1 lol!!!

I should just name the board “Things I like but will never do”
  • mepeiffer
    mepeiffer Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Just replied to most of you and lost it hope you all have a great day. Don’t have an hour to repost.

218.1/219.7/195
  • mepeiffer
    mepeiffer Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    :(