JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Replies

• sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    @bcTRAI Wow, amazing quilt! Love it!!

JFY (Friday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water before allowing myself a Diet Coke :)
    2. Log all the food I eat :)
    3. Stay "in the green" with my calories :)
    4. Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake :/
    5. Go to the gym with my hubby :)

JFT (Saturday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water before allowing myself a Diet Coke
    2. Log all the food I eat
    3. Stay "in the green" with my calories
    4. Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake
    5. Go to the gym
    6. Start cleaning out the basement with hubby
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    I did it! The quilt is now on our bed! The second pic is a cornerstone that I actually am really happy with.
    qephvwzwqqty.jpgqn7eytbduslf.jpg

Beautiful! The quilting is a great pattern as well---the cornerstone is lovely with the swirls/heart. Job well done!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,917 Member

JFT - Friday April 13
    2L of Water
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    @Faebert Monty is absolutely adorable!!!! I love kittens! We never saw Panda as one since we adopted him as a grown(although young) cat.

@bcTRAI That is an amazing quilt! I wish I was talented like that. I just dont have the patience or the sewing skills. Lol.

@Bex953172 I want to hear more goose stories too! Your stories and the way you tell them has me rolling every time! I have fallen asleep posting as well! I think it's hysterical when the DH wakes me up after I've fallen asleep on the couch or propped up in bed with my laptop in my lap and a JFT post halfway completed! Lol.

@junodog1 Have a good time with your Aunt and Mom. Enjoy their company and have a safe drive!

@cschmitz110515 I think I may start taking my dog(who lives with my parents up the road) for walks this spring/summer. I think it's a great idea and I know that she would love it!

@OConnell5483 and @Snowflake1968 Usually when I brush my teeth I do 10 heel raises. After I use the restroom I do 10 wall pushups and whenever I fill my water bottle I do 10 squats. Lol. I can definitely feel it already.

@toaljasa Good to see you again! Are you still with your children? How have you been doing?
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,250 Member
    @bcTRAI ---- LOVE your quilt!!!! And the quilting is absolutely beautiful!! DO you have a Long arm? I love your color choices also! Thanks for sharing.

Are any of you guys having trouble getting to the rest of this site to log food, exercise, etc??? Somehow, whenever I try to go there, it says the page is being "incorrectly redirected". I didn't think I could get on at all, till I went in my history and just found the link to this thread. But the regular website I can't get in. Anyone else having this problem?
  • mytime6630
    Faebert wrote: »
    SaraKim17 wrote: »

I hope you'll post a picture of Monty! Congratulations on being a new kitty Mom.

Don’t need to be asked twice! :D proud mummy!

He is v cute and has ridiculously big paws!

roheobkzs8le.jpeg

What a sweet little kitty!!!!
  • mytime6630
    This is what I get:

The page isn’t redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    So it's been a rubbish few days for food and exercise. Work has been great! I'm getting more and more comfortable doing more and more things. The morning routines that used to take me an hour or two I get done in about 45 by myself and probably 15 if L is helping me. Last night we were 10 minutes away from locking the door, I was all counted and about to hit my "end of day" button when we had 3 people walk in and need to cash checks and things. It was not cool. Lol. The guy I had was cashing his $600+ paycheck and wanted it all broken up into different bills so I had to count my whole drawer over after I helped him. Lol. And things got scanned wrong and some things got screwed up throughout the day. It was pretty annoying. We only got out about 15 minutes later then we were scheduled which is good. Usually, on a day like that, we would have gotten out like a half hour to 45 minutes late.

Pens had a terrible game last night. Couldn't even watch it after the first 10 minutes. Just wasn't worth the aggravation. I'm not even going to mention how terrible my eating was the last two days. I didnt step on the scale this morning and I'm a little afraid to. I know it won't be too terrible. It'll probably be all water weight and such but I still dont want to! Lol.

Anway, onto goals for the day!

1. Log all food(including the 2 bags of chips I've had already today)
    2. 4 bottles of water(1 down already!)
    3. Do laundry(1 load left)
    4. Clean off back deck(Wear t-shirt so dont burn)
    5. Finish all the dishes DADGUMIT!
    6. Clean the kitchenette!
    7. Sweep
    8. Leave to pick up DH by 315
    9. Get the mail
    10. Figure out something for dinner
    11. DH time
    12. Bed whenever(but not too late lol)
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,149 Member

I hope you'll post a picture of Monty! Congratulations on being a new kitty Mom.

roheobkzs8le.jpeg

Awh cutie!!

I’m not a fan of cats if I’m honest, they’re too unpredictable for me!
    I hate it when I’m stroking one and I think it’s enjoying it and then I suddenly get attacked!
    What’s that about lol!

Doesn’t stop them being cute though!
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    edited April 2018
    @Faebert thank-you. Also we have a very active cat, when she chooses to be, and when I set my house alarm I set it as "home" instead of away. This makes my motion detection inactive and she doesn't set off the alarm. And here I am assuming that's why you want to talk to the alarm company. :D And... oooooh, Monty is adorable!
  • bcTRAI
    @sarah74_vt Thanks, by the way I've been trying to steal your water...diet coke strategy. I think it's a brilliant scheme.
    Another diet coke addict, even though I'm fully aware that it's not good for me. :( Though I do try to restrict them to not daily.
  • bcTRAI
    @toaljasa Thank-you. We've sure missed your cheerleading around here. How are you doing?
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 3,089 Member

roheobkzs8le.jpeg

He is ADORABLE! I love the expression in his eyes. What a cutie! I'm sure he'll bring much joy to you and your girls. :)
  • bcTRAI
    edited April 2018
    @HGSmith0920 Thank-you. When I began quilting when i was 20 it didnt look like this. I think everyone has talents, even if were not sure what they are yet. What do you love to do?
    You mentioned to wear a t-shirt so you don't burn. It's hot and sunny there now?
  • bcTRAI
    @joan6630 Thank-you and nope, no long arm. This was done stuffing the quilt through the tiny throat of my 1980 mechanical Kenmore. Same basic method as your recent quilt.
    Re: site malfunctioning. I haven't personally been having a problem but I mostly use the app except picture posting posts.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,917 Member
    joan6630 wrote: »
    This is what I get:

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.

I kept getting that yesterday afternoon at work on my computer, but it was working fine on my phone. Must be a Firefox issue.
  • sarah74_vt
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    @sarah74_vt Thanks, by the way I've been trying to steal your water...diet coke strategy. I think it's a brilliant scheme.
    Another diet coke addict, even though I'm fully aware that it's not good for me. :( Though I do try to restrict them to not daily.

Thanks! I've loved Diet Coke for years! I used to drink sometimes 3-4 daily and now I'm down to 1 daily (after my water) so I'm happy about that.
  • sarah74_vt
    edited April 2018
    joan6630 wrote: »
    This is what I get:

I've been having the same problem with Google Chrome. I've been using Internet Explorer since yesterday so I can access this site.