JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 Fantastic about your weightloss---and .6 lbs is a great achievement--especially since those numbers have been stuuuuck for awhile! My goal is 1/2lb per week. Anything above that is just butter on my bread, lolol!!!

Hopefully you'll see the number keep moving down down down. Enjoy, relish, delight in that.6lb...you worked hard to get to it!!!

Peace and joy joy joy as you keep onward and upward (or downward as the case may be, lol)
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,776 Member
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    @Snowflake1968 Fantastic about your weightloss---and .6 lbs is a great achievement--especially since those numbers have been stuuuuck for awhile! My goal is 1/2lb per week. Anything above that is just butter on my bread, lolol!!!

Hopefully you'll see the number keep moving down down down. Enjoy, relish, delight in that.6lb...you worked hard to get to it!!!

Peace and joy joy joy as you keep onward and upward (or downward as the case may be, lol)

Thank you so much for the encouragement. It was hard earned this week.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,033 Member
    Options
    JFT
    1. Stay under 1927 calories
    2. 12 cups water by midnight
    3. 3 sketches
    4. Read 10 pages
    5. 15 stand hours by midnight
    6. 450 movement by midnight
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT - Friday April 27
    2L of Water - Yes
    Stay in Green - Yes
    Write in Journal - Yes
    Conduct Interviews - Get on-boarding paperwork in order - Yes
    Do 10 Somethings at least 4 times - I'm already behind, so why set myself up for failure already. - no

JFT - Saturday April 28
    2L of water
    Stay in Green
    Swim lesson
    Clean
    Get in craft room

I walked 6 kms tonight and knocked 15 seconds off my pace per km, all while talking on the phone!
    I really need to buy some proper sneakers soon.
    Have a great Saturday!

I saw this quote to post on my fb tonight. I love it.
    Don’t Quit until you’re proud! How awesome is that!
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    JFT Friday
    1. Water :)
    2. Meditation :)
    3. Laundry :)
    4. Studio time :)
    5. Pool :)
    6. Subway for dinner :)
    7. Brush and floss :)
    8. Bed by 10:30 :)
    JFT Saturday
    1. Water
    2. Meditation
    3. Laundry
    4. Gas 10:30
    5. Pick up Kara for lunch
    6. Studio time
    7. Start packing for Alberta trip
    8. Brush and floss
    9. Bed by 10:30
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    JFT
    1. Stay under 1927 calories
    2. 12 cups water by midnight
    3. 3 sketches
    4. Read 10 pages
    5. 15 stand hours by midnight
    6. 450 movement by midnight

Update:
    1. Yep, 1843!
    2. 12 cups..Done!
    3. Nope
    4. Nope
    5. Only got 14, got distracted.
    6. Yes! 527!!!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Friday
    1. Log accurately. Dinner - Plated 1? Meds, teeth, tea. AM run.
    2. Finish grading poetry projects. UPDATE CLASS WEBSITES. Print grammar, practice & upload. Email principal about additional photocopies. Email and print diagnostics. Daily Duolingo. Meditation. Read Shadowhouse Fall.
    3. 1 set body exercises (10 lifted push-ups ALL THE WAY DOWN, 10 lunges each leg, 70 sec plank, 40 sec forward fold, 20 sec triangle each side, 40 sec down dog, 30 sec crane/tree/warrior 3 each leg, 15 side leg lifts) aim for 2. Steps at school to 7k; aim for *10*.
    4. Sophomores catchup day. Update WM project; check notes. Freshmen practice. Talk to students about music during work time. Write postcards. Download song for audition. Take laptop to cafeteria.
    5. Write response post. Review main assignment. Quiz. Chop more celery. Salad tomorrow? Take roast out of freezer. Check grocery list.
    6. Leave for theater by 6:15. Meds by 8:00. Update JFT by 10:30. Teeth flossed, rinsed, brushed; in bed by 11:00; set alarm for 7:00.

I don't know why I'm even putting logging on here, because I'm not doing it. I'm not freakin' joined at the hip to MFP and I've had X amounts of Halo Top lemon cake, a blackberry and cottage cheese parfait, and some tea with saccharin and vanilla protein shake for creamer. People are always like "it takes 30 seconds extra." Buttmunchers, that will add 10 minutes of cursing at my device because I can't find the stupid entry and then by the time I've found the entry I've forgotten what the weight was oh I guess I should have written the damn weight down where's some scrap paper and a pen or maybe I should have put it on a Notes file in my phone.

FML, logging SUCKS.

1. AM run. (I hate this too.) Meds. Teeth. Tea.
    2. Write response post. Yoga. Grade 10 poetry projects. Print lyrics to audition song. Practice. Write essay.
    3. Daily Duolingo. Meditation. Read Shadowhouse Fall. Review grocery list with D. Dinner: Plated 2. Take roast out of freezer. Check in with B.
    4. Print WM project and proof. Walk with D in the evening. Update JFT by 8:00. Meds. Teeth flossed, rinsed, brushed; in bed by 9:30.
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT Friday recap
    1. Stop eating when you are full - eat when you are hungry :)
    2. Log all food :)
    3. Be kind to yourself :)
    4. Meds AM and PM :)
    5. Finish stock needed sheet :|
    6. Be mindful of eating at art opening :o didn't go
    7. Give dog medicine :)
    8. Be proud of your accomplishments - 10 days of taking ALL medications, losing first 5 lbs, practicing positive thoughts, improving water intake, and 1 month facebook free! :#

JFT Saturday
    1. Stop eating when you are full - eat when you are hungry
    2. Log all food
    3. Be kind to yourself
    4. Meds AM and PM
    5. Make room for what you want to eat this weekend iifym.
    7. Give dog medicine
  • PrincesseAly23
    PrincesseAly23 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    @clicketykeys Thank you, your post made me laugh! I’m not sure if that was your intended effect, but you described so well my own reactions and my love/hate relationship with logging! I’m also not a very faithful logger right now. I often remember to add things until the next day! And I’ve changed my calories goals like 14x to see if I can ever hit one successfully.

I used to be EXCELLENT at it. Very faithful logger and meal planner. So maybe If we keep trying, we will eventually get into it.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    I don't know why I'm even putting logging on here, because I'm not doing it. I'm not freakin' joined at the hip to MFP and I've had X amounts of Halo Top lemon cake, a blackberry and cottage cheese parfait, and some tea with saccharin and vanilla protein shake for creamer. People are always like "it takes 30 seconds extra." Buttmunchers, that will add 10 minutes of cursing at my device because I can't find the stupid entry and then by the time I've found the entry I've forgotten what the weight was oh I guess I should have written the damn weight down where's some scrap paper and a pen or maybe I should have put it on a Notes file in my phone.

FML, logging SUCKS.

This is so funny!!! My morning giggle! I can't even tell you how many times I have felt like this! :mrgreen:
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Checking in from Friday
    1. Log accurately. Dinner - Plated 1? Meds, teeth, tea. AM run.
    2. Finish grading poetry projects. UPDATE CLASS WEBSITES. Print grammar, practice & upload. Email principal about additional photocopies. Email and print diagnostics. Daily Duolingo. Meditation. Read Shadowhouse Fall.
    3. 1 set body exercises (10 lifted push-ups ALL THE WAY DOWN, 10 lunges each leg, 70 sec plank, 40 sec forward fold, 20 sec triangle each side, 40 sec down dog, 30 sec crane/tree/warrior 3 each leg, 15 side leg lifts) aim for 2. Steps at school to 7k; aim for *10*.
    4. Sophomores catchup day. Update WM project; check notes. Freshmen practice. Talk to students about music during work time. Write postcards. Download song for audition. Take laptop to cafeteria.
    5. Write response post. Review main assignment. Quiz. Chop more celery. Salad tomorrow? Take roast out of freezer. Check grocery list.
    6. Leave for theater by 6:15. Meds by 8:00. Update JFT by 10:30. Teeth flossed, rinsed, brushed; in bed by 11:00; set alarm for 7:00.

FML, logging SUCKS.

2. Write response post. Yoga. Grade 10 poetry projects. Print lyrics to audition song. Practice. Write essay.
    3. Daily Duolingo. Meditation. Read Shadowhouse Fall. Review grocery list with D. Dinner: Plated 2. Take roast out of freezer. Check in with B.
    4. Print WM project and proof. Walk with D in the evening. Update JFT by 8:00. Meds. Teeth flossed, rinsed, brushed; in bed by 9:30.

Your list exhausts me reading it, it’s no wonder you feel logging is using your time. I don’t have any insightful knowledge to impart, but maybe cut yourself a little slack. You obviously can’t slack on the students or family what about a few minutes of exercise taken away to give you time to log? Hope things turn around quick for you
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Happy Saturday everyone! I typed a whole post last night but then lost my WiFi signal and lost it. I was so frustrated!

Anyway, I left work at about 3:30 yesterday and came home and found myself sewing on Bex/Casey's baby quilt until about 9:00 last night. It was so cathartic! I listened to a few podcasts and had the entire basement area to myself. I really needed that quiet "me" time and I was on a roll with the quilt so it was really a great evening! I think the quilt is turning out real cute but it's taking on a life of it's own since I'm not following a pattern and I keep changing directions with colors and fabrics! It started out very pink and girly, but now it has taken on a variety of more colors as I put it together. The seam ripper became a very good friend of mine last night too....that part isn't so much fun! But I'm very novice and want it to be perfect! :smile:

Today, my goals are:
    1. Journal my food
    2. 64+ oz of water
    3. 30 minutes of activity today
    4. Work on Quilt
    5. Spend 15 minutes decluttering something
    6. Get some fresh air! Maybe ask DH to go to park?
    7. Lymphatic massage x2 for arm
    8. Podcasts & reading, gratitude journal
    9. <29g added sugar, <75g carbs

• PackerFanInGB
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 Relaxing bath sounds wonderful. I think I need to add that to my list of things to do today!
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFT (Saturday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water before allowing myself a Diet Coke
    2. Log all the food I eat
    3. Stay "in the green" with my calories
    4. Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake
    5. Finish 1 order from my shop
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    @OConnell5483 thanks! I had to be taught (and reminded) to incorporate these non-food pleasantries into my days, but it really did help alleviate the feelings of deprivation until I’d begun to establish new micro habits :)
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    @clicketykeys - I hear you on the logging being a pain! I also sometimes feel a bit wistful about the days before I knew the calorific content of so many lovely foods and life became all about “balancing the books”!

@slittlemeister - is it only one more sleep now?! Have a fab holiday.

I am so glad to be at the end of today. I might actually have set today’s goals this morning while still under the influence because they were totally ridiculous given how I’ve felt!

Saturday goals
    - morning workout :D no way! My head was spinning
    - Walk and grocery shop ✅ at v good pace and have hit 12k+ steps for today which is not bad for a weekend rest day
    - Pick up kids from my parents’ place ✅
    - Shopping - dress for friend’s wedding? And/or new trainers? Budget dependent... :/ made it to the shopping centre. Spent money on children instead!
    - Pottery cafe :) tomorrow. Pleased to report that this is because the girls couldn’t be bothered, rather than their mother...
    - Batch cooking ✅
    - Early night ✅

Sunday goals:
    - morning workout
    - stay within calorie goal
    - 2ltr+ water
    - Pottery cafe early
    - L at party 11-1
    - Homework and lunch with P
    - Email for lawyer
    - Early night

Enjoy your Saturday night everyone. I am off to zzzzzz x

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Saturday

So, overall doing pretty good today. It took me, I am not kidding you, nearly TWO HOURS to get out for my morning run. I woke up at 6:30 and couldn't get back to sleep. Tried for half an hour. Then cuddled the husband and scritched his head for another 15 minutes. (He adores that.) Finally rolled out of bed and put my hair up and put my shoes on and brushed my teeth and made tea and ate something that tasted good and didn't take much effort and fed the cats and surfed the net and updated JFT and silently complained while I drank my tea and surfed the net some more and FINALLY pushed myself out the door at 8:15 because if I didn't I'd be late for yoga. (She'd started when I got there but MY watch said I slipped in just under the wire so THERE.)

Came home and D made lunch because he's awesome like that. And he'd done the dishes. Again, awesome. And I putzed around online SOME MORE and knew I should be working on my classwork but I didn't and ate lunch and half-watched some cooking show and we DID at least talk about the groceries then I went and took a nap. And THEN when I got up I wrote my response post and took my quiz and we went on our walk. Checked in with B - we're gonna have dinner tomorrow. We're about to head out for groceries tonight instead of tomorrow because there's time and I don't want to look at my grading yet XD
    Your list exhausts me reading it, it’s no wonder you feel logging is using your time. I don’t have any insightful knowledge to impart, but maybe cut yourself a little slack. You obviously can’t slack on the students or family what about a few minutes of exercise taken away to give you time to log? Hope things turn around quick for you

See people say this and I don't really get it. Like... I know I do a lot. Usually. But today's pretty chill. And y'all have NO idea what's NOT on my list. Like programming. Would LOVE to spend more time studying JavaScript and getting into like ACTUAL programming. Have not been going to my strength-training classes. I can feel the results in my attempts at push-ups. I'm not practicing piano. I'm not blogging. I'm not writing fanfic. Drawing? Coloring? Beadwork? Nope, nope, and nope. "Keeping up with the laundry" means putting stuff into the washer, moving it to the dryer, and then putting it in the basket. I don't even know where the iron is. I think we do have one. Somewhere.

Anyway, I guess what I'm realizing is that logging is just not going to happen, because I'm not willing to cut back on anything else, and IF the audition goes well and I get the part, summer is likely to be just as busy as the school year, if not more so.

And I really really REEEEEALLY want this part. Anyone familiar with Guys and Dolls? I'm gonna be trying out for Adelaide.

But I'm glad I made some folks smile! :D