JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    No more sleeps to go! :D

At the airport now. Have a good two weeks everyone - see you on the other side!

HAVE A FANTASTIC TRIP!!! xoxo

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    Can’t believe how fast the weekend seems to have gone - serious case of Sunday night-itis here! :'(

I'm right there with you! I cannot tell you how badly I wish I had one more day off! (((HUGS)))
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,751 Member
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    Well it has been a few days since my last post :disappointed: Honestly I've been fighting off post-partum depression. My hubby has been too busy with work so I've been struggling even more. Anyways....I think I'm just going to keep pushing through. The baby cluster fed for 4 days btw 2 pm - midnight each time :flushed: So my "to-do lists" did not get done! I'm going to make some very small goals this next week to see if I can actually achieve them.

Sunday 4/29 JFT:

•Drink 96 oz of water
    •Get back on regular diet
    (reduce all these carbs! I've been stress and emotionally eating)
    •Yoga (45 min.)
    •Prepare ALL meals at home

I could easily keep adding to this list but I'm stopping myself and trying to keep it simple for Sunday.

Welcome to the new JTFer's!!
    (Just a little about me --> mother of 4, full time college student and wife to an entrepreneur; we just had our 4th little one on 3/24/18 So I'm just now getting back to JFT.)

This is an awesome support and motivational group :blush:

I'm so sorry to hear you have PPD, my daughter and I both suffered from it. I went undiagnosed for years, but I recognized it in my daughter right away and made her see a doctor. Get help if you need it.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    JFT - Saturday April 28

Swim lesson went ok today. We were supposed to swim face down and roll to our back. I can’t swim on my back lol. So I worked on that most of the day. I think I’ll go this week to practice more before next weeks class.
    Decided to have a nap instead of clean, that was a workout this morning! I priced a scale for food, it’s going to have to wait a couple weeks.
    The scale moved down to 193.8 this morning, tomorrow is my actual log in day. I read a message board the other day and someone stated they weigh every morning and then do an average over the seven days for their check in. What does everyone think about that?

Years ago in the 1950's my mother, as a young married woman, decided to take swim lessons. She said she never could graduate from the beginning pollywog class! She took it twice and the instructor finally gave in saying she'd never had a student who could not learn to swim. Mom loved to fish, but was terrified she'd drown, so always wore a life jacket, even in shallow water. But boy, she was a good fisherman.

So so so great about your weight loss! Yea for you! You are going to be on here announcing that you are at 189 in no time. You make it to 189 and I'll toast you with two extra cups of water!! Onward to victory!!!

That's an awesome story about your Mom, thanks for sharing!

I hope to soon be announcing 189, that will be one pound less than when I started this journey in 2012. I had gotten down to 168 that go around. My goal is to keep going this time and not let life derail me.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    How is everyone this afternoon? I am currently sitting at M&M's kitchen table attempting to help her fix her Mac. I know NOTHING about Apple products. I am strictly an Andriod/Window/PC user. Lol. But at least it is nice to be spending time with her. We spent about an hour talking about the lack of relationship between her and her DH. I think that it is kind of funny/a bit odd that my DH and I have an amazing marriage. Granted we have only been married less than four years and together five. So there are many years for things to go wrong. I am praying that that never happens. But I find it interesting that I can give marriage insight to people who have been married for more than 30 years. I dont know if what I am saying has any effect or is even relevant to other people's situations and I tend to use my past and my marriage as an example while talking to other people but I guess I have things in my life that other people can relate to. Not sure how but for some reason I guess it is a thing. Lol

I believe the younger married folks have a lot to offer us new married folks. The younger generation in my opinion is better at dealing with emotions and problems and talking them out rather than burying them and hoping they will go away. Also, you haven't become jaded yet. I think that is a big problem in older marriages, sometimes one partner stops trying to please the other. It is something that needs to be nurtured every day, every year and when one stops it's hard for the other one to keep trying. I hope you and your husband always take the time to talk like you post you do now. I think that will help you forever.
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »

Sunday 4/29 JFT:

•Drink 96 oz of water ✅--> 48 oz (1/2 way there)
    ❌•Get back on regular diet --> ate a piece of cake :flushed:
    (reduce all these carbs! I've been stress and emotionally eating)
    ❌•Yoga (45 min.)--> hubby needed me to play Uber driver (we purchased my oldest son a truck for his 16th birthday bc his 1971 mustang isn't done being restored)
    ❌•Prepare ALL meals at home--> hubby bought breakfast tacos

Monday 4/30 JFT:

▪Power pump
    ▪Every 2 hr pump schedule today
    (my milk supply dropped due to an inconsistent pumping schedule)
    ▪Get back on regular diet
    ▪Yoga (45 min.)
    ▪Prepare ALL meals at home
    ▪Drink 96 oz of water
    ▪Laundry
    ▪Clean master closet

Yesterday didn't worked out as planned but I'm feeling good about today. For the first time since I've been home, I was able to have a regular morning routine with my kiddos! I think I found the solution for productivity and positivity --> after my little one eats at 3-4 am, I stay awake instead of going back to bed. This gives me time to get a good start to the day. The little guy sleeps the best in the morning so I'll use that to my advantage. My schedule allows for an afternoon nap so this should work.....we'll see, today is my test run Lol!
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    @MLHC1 Yes! It's amazing how simple movement, even a walk to the stop sign can really halt emotional downward spiraling. And sometimes it seems so difficult to just make the first step. Good for you.

I recall way back in 1991 when I was getting depressed---I was very pregnant and still getting sick and I just didn't want to face the world. After a couple of days or so I had a very good friend who came in, opened the blinds, got me out of bed, dressed, and into the car with her children and my one. I just went with her while doing errands. Nothing earth shattering. But that one day helped give me a jump start and after that I was okay. I was able to cope with what all was going around me. Anyway, we are all thinking of you :)

Peace and joy as you purpose to get some exercise/movement into your day.

• Snowflake1968
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    @MLHC1 Yes! It's amazing how simple movement, even a walk to the stop sign can really halt emotional downward spiraling. And sometimes it seems so difficult to just make the first step. Good for you.

I recall way back in 1991 when I was getting depressed---I was very pregnant and still getting sick and I just didn't want to face the world. After a couple of days or so I had a very good friend who came in, opened the blinds, got me out of bed, dressed, and into the car with her children and my one. I just went with her while doing errands. Nothing earth shattering. But that one day helped give me a jump start and after that I was okay. I was able to cope with what all was going around me. Anyway, we are all thinking of you :)

Peace and joy as you purpose to get some exercise/movement into your day.

I had my second in 91 too.