JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,725 Member
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    @Snowflake1968 unfortunately things do go wrong. In fact, things WILL go wrong!

It’s just life isn’t it? Nothings perfect forever, but just think, would you rather enjoy the now, enjoy being happy at this moment in time? Or spend all this “happy time” worrying about when the bad times will come. Which will inevitably make it worse because you’ll be anticipating it.

Maybe if you embrace this happy moment, a bad moment can pass you by without even a blip!

See I knew someone would have the exact right outlook on this :) You are so right! I just need to figure out how to keep positive.
  • mepeiffer
    mepeiffer Posts: 105 Member
    @Bex953172 do not be so hard on yourself. You have a wonderful new little person that I’m sure is amazing. You will get where y want to be. I loved the fitness video you posted just sat down after doing 30 minuets strong. I want to master it as well. But great success first formal exercise in over four months. Thank you for the encouragement.

&mlhc1 prayers going up. Enjoy you vaca and recovery will come.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,060 Member
    mepeiffer wrote: »
    @Bex953172 do not be so hard on yourself. You have a wonderful new little person that I’m sure is amazing. You will get where y want to be. I loved the fitness video you posted just sat down after doing 30 minuets strong. I want to master it as well. But great success first formal exercise in over four months. Thank you for the encouragement.

&mlhc1 prayers going up. Enjoy you vaca and recovery will come.

Sounds like you did better than me at it!! I managed 30 mins but died about 20 times doing it lol!!!
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    edited June 2018
    JFT 6/26
    One job from the household list (yesterday washed kitchen cabinets, polished granite, cleaned wood floor)
    Pre-log and log food on MFP (did this and had calories left over, even having eaten a pot roast complete with gravy and taters!)
    Exercise (3.7 mi. walking outside)
    April challenge: Drink 6-8 cups of water (drank at least 8)
    May Challenge: Be outside for at least 15 minutes (yup---I'm getting so tanned---except for my ankles and feet, lol)
    June challenge: Mindful eating; no eating after 8:30 (yes, even though I had the munchies, I prevailed)
    Boundaries: (nope.) Hopefully my new plan of doing this first will help
    Choose a Nancy Leigh DeMoss book and order it

Peace and joy good people! We are a mighty force!
  • intrigame23
    intrigame23 Posts: 193 Member
    toaljasa wrote: »
    Today I will go for a walk and I will drink 8 glasses of water. It feels monumental right now, though. [/quote
    @intrigame23 These are great goals. There are many of us who have trouble drinking 8 glasses of water. Some people have found having a red glass or cup out where we can see it and be reminded to drink a cup as we pass by the kitchen or to grab it and take it to the water fountain at work. Setting an hourly alarm reminding you to drink helps also.

If you haven't walked yet set a time as to when you will, set the alarm and then go to it!

Get back on here and let us know how you did with your JFT'S! You have got this:) Now, I'm going to get up and get a cup of water, lol! (This was a good reminder for me)

Peace and joy.

Thank you! You're so kind!
    I just got back from an hour long walk. I pushed myself too hard yesterday going for an hour and a half then and hour of Zumba. This walk was very low energy, slow. But it's done! Working on the water still. 😊
  • @bex953172 & @mepeiffer jumping on here quickly if I missed anyone else doing sweaty betty workout this is @ you too ;)

Barely made it through the 1st 10 minutes!! Its so hard but so fun! I caught myself smiling while I was doing it. Oh and I was doing it modified because its challenging for me. Will try and do another 10 minutes of it today. Its a great workout to work at so eventually I can do the whole thing at once without modifications...maybe that should be my 6 months goal...still want to reply to that post, have been really thinking about that, what a great post that has been to read

Will be back later to check in and see how everyone's day was <3
  • mepeiffer
    Sweaty Betty routine had me shaking the whole house I think I will need to take it outside tomorrow or the next time I try to beat it.

I am working on goals have to have them them posted by July 4th. (today)
  • Bex953172
    @bex953172 & @mepeiffer jumping on here quickly if I missed anyone else doing sweaty betty workout this is @ you too ;)

Barely made it through the 1st 10 minutes!! Its so hard but so fun! I caught myself smiling while I was doing it. Oh and I was doing it modified because its challenging for me. Will try and do another 10 minutes of it today. Its a great workout to work at so eventually I can do the whole thing at once without modifications...maybe that should be my 6 months goal...still want to reply to that post, have been really thinking about that, what a great post that has been to read

Will be back later to check in and see how everyone's day was <3

I’m really glad you and @mepeiffer enjoyed it!

The first time I did it last year I only lasted 10 mins!
    And tbh I was flailing around everywhere!! But once I learnt the moves I did a lot better, still only 10 mins, but now i can do 30 mins but even that I still have to stop for some moments!
    Especially the legs and butt bit! And I e never done the end of the video!
    But yeah it’s part of my 6m goal!
  • Bex953172
    mepeiffer wrote: »
    Sweaty Betty routine had me shaking the whole house I think I will need to take it outside tomorrow or the next time I try to beat it.

LOL my partner once shouted “what’s all that banging!!” “It’s me!!” “Wtf are you doing?!” “Exercising” “...oh”
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    A quick check in for me to stay accountable - prelogged my day of food, and just drank my afternoon snack protein shake. I also planned for ONE square of dark chocolate. But, I just got some less than stellar news at work - which I'm waiting for DH to get as well. It directly affects his roll, and although his job is not in jeopardy it will make everything that much more difficult. SO - I'm making a committment here and to myself not to stress eat tonight. I'm pretty sure I'm PMS'ing as well so I really will need to stick to my guns because chocolate and pasta are my comfort foods.
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    @AJB1014 Stick to your guns! You got this! You water cup is your friend tonight! Water before snacking!
  • mepeiffer
    today's goal accomplished:

The first half of the year was not really too bad minus the weight gain.216.6/219 I have been working for the past few years on the total self - spirit, mind and body. Just like @toaljasa stated thank you also for all the encouragement – no wishes for me.

Watch how I react to failures and keep picking myself up and pressing on. – look for something good out of everything that happens. – find a verse to negate the situation and to lift me and push me forward. Allow realigning goals as needed.

Log all food and drinks - Water 100oz a day – push fluid ½ by noon. Watch calories to determine night snacks- log exercise and eat to fill calories (MFP1290-6/25)

Weight loss get to 215 and preferably 199 by 1/1/19- Adhere to goals set and set more daily, weekly, monthly goals to push me forward.

Actively post daily (JFT,log,weight,mood) – need to find a good time for posting(8/1) but adding it to my daily journal to have as an item I must complete.

Read and put into practice the Daniel Plan – journal as I go and make adjustments as I trust in the Lord to help me change and grow.

Snacking healthier - more protein based as that is my diet need right now. Research and/or use the pins that I set up for this reason but have not used.

Exercise daily – this might look like just the plank or yoga challenge but I will also weekly do a formal exercise routine.

Bedtime routine – electronics off by 1030 except MFP emergencies, read before sleeping – inspirational books(2) as well as entertaining(1), hopefully asleep by 10.

Be more loving to those around me – stop taking DH for granted, be kind to myself(let go of guilt and worry)

Get rid of clutter – sell items, clean and discard unnecessary things; file, record and do books.

Clear out food pantry and freezers with at least one meal per week. – finish creating food list

Daily devotions, gratitude journal, and goal tracker – keep on keeping on.

Accomplish household tasks on to do list – track by doing weekly check list.

Thank you all for your support and helping me accomplish each one.

Keep on Keeping On.
  • AJB1014
    @AJB1014 Stick to your guns! You got this! You water cup is your friend tonight! Water before snacking!

Thanks you! <3
  • AJB1014
    And as I type thank you - a coworker drops off birthday cake!!! RESIST THE CAKE!!!
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    @AJB1014 RESIST! RESIST! DON'T EVEN LOOK AT IT! TAKE A WHOLE BUNCH OF GULPS OF WATER!!! ❗❗❗❗