Options

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,070 Member
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    I did the Sweaty Betty routine again!
    Didn't complete it all although I didn't expect too but that's my new goal, to successfully complete it!
    Those from JFT 2017 will know the one I mean!

https://youtu.be/t5Xyb2h_KHo

There's the link! If anyone wants to try!

I've burned 700 calories today! And ate 1500!

I deserve a treat!

Job well done, Bex! I broke out into a sweat just watching it! I think I could modify it a bit and build up to it, in my dreams.

Lol I sweated my glasses off my face 😃 I can't complete it all, not yet anyway, it truly is exhausting but I love Simone De La Rue! She's so positive it spurs me on!
  • Michaela_LaGata
    Michaela_LaGata Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I aim to stay 1400 or less. Given my work and family demands 7 days this is possible with effort and mindfulness. Slower and steady as she goes. But exercise is key. That is an effort but necessary for mental and physical health. I have to remember small counts. Find 10 min 5 times a day on worse days. It's a head game for me.

Progress📯
    Made my deadline for terminating eating and oral hygiene yesterday.

Great way to prevent extra eating in the evening and it worked.

I was not mindful of dinner and so I did not record my food after 4pm that's not good

JFT Quick
    Read a couple pages in the Beck book and also the Beck cognitive therapy self-talk 4 food behaviors

Kitchen close at 7:30 p.m. oral hygiene by 7:30 p.m.⚠️

Bed by 10 p.m.

10-minute exercise periods as needed to achieve goals

Mindfulness including logging all foods as soon as eaten. Time to eat? did I log ?can't eat until I log!!

Best to all. We are worth it.
    M.😸🌹

Are they iPhone emojis? Do they not cut off the post anymore?!

Samsung note 8. 😸
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,070 Member
    Options
    Goals for Monday Recap!

- 8+ glasses of water 😁 12!!!!!
    - Be in the green 😁😁😁
    - Nursery walk x2😕 just the once, I had time to go but my partner said it might be too hot for Saskia to walk home, he was right tbh. Was a bit hot.
    - Get house tidy and laundry away. LOL why did I even post this as a goal?! It’s never going to happen 😂

Had such a success of a day. Feeling MUCH better after my binge last night!
    It didn’t knock me down! I just tripped :)

Feeling good, but tired, really want to just sleep but got a bit of cleaning to do!
    Might just throw the pots in the dishwasher wipe the sides and table and leave it at that for tonight. Do a deeper clean in the morning!

Night all, will pop on later to read posts (if I don’t fall asleep first!)
    Xoxo

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
    Options
    Tracie, and Snowflake, I have appreciated your What-I've-accomplished-the-last-six-months. I think it's good to write it down...so I shall do the same.

I am making strides to love myself so that I can love others better.
    As I've been on this health/life journey my relationship with God has grown deeper.
    I've read a couple of inspirational books/studies: one on boundaries and another on forgiveness
    I've journaled more than I have in years.
    I've logged my food on MFP for 174 days straight. I didn't even bother to set that as a goal because I figured I quit doing it.
    I've made lovely friends on JFT and through my online weightloss program.
    I actually get up in the morning ready to go for my walk...I walked on my rest day this week because I wanted to!
    I am drinking 6-8 cups of water consistently. At the beginning of the year, I was sometimes drinking 1 cup a day---and that included tea, lol!
    I have discovered that I have it within me to be in control of my food instead of it being in control of me. I miss the mark sometimes, but it is so empowering to know I can do this.
    I have made progress in taking every bite captive before I eat it.
    I am no longer incontinent!!! The weight loss and kegels have made a new woman out of me, lolol!
    I have released 24 pounds of fat. I honestly don't think I could have done it without the combination of all the above.
    t9kzfi2j16ab.png

My goals for the next six months.
    To continue MFP log-in
    To continue with JFT
    To continue with my online weight loss program
    To read two more inspirational books/studies
    To journal
    To continue drinking and mindful eating
    To continue to lose weight by keeping my eyes on the process.
    To exercise
    To not give up that I can be painfree and continue to be proactive. (back and legs)
    To communicate better with my husband and to be kinder
    To move to 10 pound weights on more exercises
    To add more creative but healthy recipes to my list
    To learn to drive a stick shift!
    To move onward!

I love, love, love driving a stick! My Dad and Grandfather made me learn before I could get my licence. I don't have one because 1 - hubby doesn't care for it in the city and 2 - It's a company car but man I would love to have one again. I love how sexy and in control they make me feel.

I have tried several times by different people. I get so anxious about starting up when cars are behind me, and such, i'm a nervous wreck! My husband drives a stick and has said it's the easiest one he's ever driven and has offered to teach me. So, i'm hoping before summer ends I will be able to do it. It's on my list of "things to do to make me feel empowered, lol"

My Grandfather taught me on an old 1 tonne, three speed. Our driveway was a 1/4 mile long with a hill at the end. My brother (who is 4 years younger) and Grandfather would tell me what to do, I remember stalling it several times on the hill. They both started yelling at me at the same time telling me what to do. I don't do well in those situations so I ended up getting out of the truck, I hadn't put the brake on or put it in gear or anything. I will never forget my brother running to chase the truck and rescue it from the field it was heading for! :p

• toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Tracie, and Snowflake, I have appreciated your What-I've-accomplished-the-last-six-months. I think it's good to write it down...so I shall do the same.

As I've been on this health/life journey my relationship with God has grown deeper.
    I've read a couple of inspirational books/studies: one on boundaries and another on forgiveness
    I've logged my food on MFP for 174 days straight. I didn't even bother to set that as a goal because I figured I quit doing it.
    I actually get up in the morning ready to go for my walk...I walked on my rest day this week because I wanted to!
    I am drinking 6-8 cups of water consistently. At the beginning of the year, I was sometimes drinking 1 cup a day---and that included tea, lol!
    I have discovered that I have it within me to be in control of my food instead of it being in control of me. I miss the mark sometimes, but it is so empowering to know I can do this.
    I am no longer incontinent!!! The weight loss and kegels have made a new woman out of me, lolol!
    I have released 24 pounds of fat. I honestly don't think I could have done it without the combination of all the above.
    t9kzfi2j16ab.png

To continue MFP log-in
    To continue with JFT
    To journal
    To exercise
    To not give up that I can be painfree and continue to be proactive. (back and legs)
    To move onward!

I love, love, love driving a stick! My Dad and Grandfather made me learn before I could get my licence. I don't have one because 1 - hubby doesn't care for it in the city and 2 - It's a company car but man I would love to have one again. I love how sexy and in control they make me feel.

I have tried several times by different people. I get so anxious about starting up when cars are behind me, and such, i'm a nervous wreck! My husband drives a stick and has said it's the easiest one he's ever driven and has offered to teach me. So, i'm hoping before summer ends I will be able to do it. It's on my list of "things to do to make me feel empowered, lol"

My Grandfather taught me on an old 1 tonne, three speed. Our driveway was a 1/4 mile long with a hill at the end. My brother (who is 4 years younger) and Grandfather would tell me what to do, I remember stalling it several times on the hill. They both started yelling at me at the same time telling me what to do. I don't do well in those situations so I ended up getting out of the truck, I hadn't put the brake on or put it in gear or anything. I will never forget my brother running to chase the truck and rescue it from the field it was heading for! :p

That made me laugh out loud! So, did you continue with your lessons or wait until someone else could help you?
  • toaljasa
    Options
    I am thousands of calories over today and it wasn't emotional eating. I wanted a giant bowl of pasta and a half a pint of ice cream and I ate it. Le sigh. Not even close to what I had planned for the day. I now feel ill and mad at myself. As soon as I feel better I'll try working out for a bit, but that won't even make a dent in the amount of calories I ate today.

Grrr...I'm sorry that happened. It's frustrating, I know. Did you log all your food today, even the food you didn't plan on eating?
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I did log it. The pasta, the olive oil, the Ben and Jerry's coconut 7 layer bar non-dairy ice cream...I logged it all. Every annoying calorie (I'm about 2500 calories over my target.)

I guess I can count that as a victory.
  • toaljasa
    Options
    Just a quick post because I haven't posted yet today ...my bad... very very busy.

Did great yesterday today is looking good too I have the usual goals .

They challenge me ...but they work so I got to stick to it.

I'm going to try to read a couple pages of the Beck diet book most the challenge is in my head.

thank you end best to everyone
    M.

Fantastic effort! Yea for you!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options

t9kzfi2j16ab.png

To continue MFP log-in
    To continue with JFT
    To journal
    To exercise
    To move onward!

That made me laugh out loud! So, did you continue with your lessons or wait until someone else could help you?

I got the basics down in that old one tonne, my Dad and Grandfather believed I needed to that and basic car maintenance before I was allowed to get my licence. My love of driving stick happened when a boyfriend and his buddies got drunk an hour from home. I had no choice but to drive. The boys got mouthy in the backseat and all started giving me advice. There was duct tape in the glove compartment that I had my friend cover their mouths with and I sputtered and stalled my way up the hills and over the hallway. About half way home one of the boys, who I thought of as a brother and whose Dad owned transports told me I was doing great. I started driving one almost daily after that. I also drove a transport once in an empty parking lot just to say I did it.
  • toaljasa
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I did log it. The pasta, the olive oil, the Ben and Jerry's coconut 7 layer bar non-dairy ice cream...I logged it all. Every annoying calorie (I'm about 2500 calories over my target.)

I guess I can count that as a victory.

Okay, so you stalled, stumbled, whatever. That just means you get back up...which you are doing by getting yourself on here! You said you wanted it...you might look to see if anything triggered the food---boredom, anger, rebellion, etc. And make a battle plan to combat it the next time it raises it's ugly head...and there will be a next time :) So, not tomorrow, but right now, right this minute is when you start fresh.

You can do this:) You went two steps back today. Take one step forward right now. If possible you might try walking outside a bit to help you reset.

Get on here tomorrow and tell us how you did.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    I am thousands of calories over today and it wasn't emotional eating. I wanted a giant bowl of pasta and a half a pint of ice cream and I ate it. Le sigh. Not even close to what I had planned for the day. I now feel ill and mad at myself. As soon as I feel better I'll try working out for a bit, but that won't even make a dent in the amount of calories I ate today.

I’m over with you today, but I’m going out to plant some more and hopefully get some calories burned off. If that doesn’t do enough I may take a walk.
  • monstersweetsbyallison
    Options
    I did the Sweaty Betty routine again!
    Didn't complete it all although I didn't expect too but that's my new goal, to successfully complete it!
    Those from JFT 2017 will know the one I mean!

https://youtu.be/t5Xyb2h_KHo

There's the link! If anyone wants to try!

I've burned 700 calories today! And ate 1500!

I deserve a treat!

I'm trying this workout!
  • monstersweetsbyallison
    Options
    (yesterday) JFT:
    Plan each meal :)
    Stay in the green :/
    Post here when I feel like emotionally eating :|
    Do something active :/

Ok so yesterday didn't really go as planned. In fact I had a rough day...
    But it's over. Today is a new day. I come on here to stay accountable and I get so motivated reading everyone's posts!! You guys are incredible!

JFT:
    Stay in the green
    Go to dance class
    Go for a run
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Checkin'-in

House chores ✅-super easy since I went gung ho last night
    Start next report at work ✅-barely, but I did some!
    Get to work on time-spectacularly failed. ARG Mondays!
    30 minutes exercise ✅
    Meet 1200 net calories, counting exercise ✅
    Track food and exercise ✅
    Water challenge-80 oz. ✅-day 22/30!
    Post here for accountability ✅

For tomorrow:
    House chores
    Finish report at work
    Get to work on time
    30 minutes exercise
    Meet 1200 net calories, counting exercise
    Track food and exercise
    Water challenge-80 oz.
    Post here for accountability

I was able to meet the 1200 net calories today, but I did it by tacking on some items for dinner. I need to add some more sustenance to breakfast and afternoon snack so I'm not so hungry/worn down. I have been eating pretty clean, which I'm proud of. Today's menu allowed for a red potato with a small portion of butter and sour cream. Honestly, with how clean I have been eating, it was like dessert. :smiley: Amazing how perspective can change!

My 6 month goals are to get under 175 lbs. (I plateau here every time!), find a place (and ideally move) close to my sister, start getting out of the house/doing something social every week, read my pile of borrowed books (8), and pay down at least ½ of my credit card.

• nickssweetheart
    Options
    Well, I have not been able to exercise off the calories as I still feel pretty sick to my stomach. I'm sipping some zero cal sparkling water and waiting for the pain to pass. I just hope I remember this feeling if I'm tempted to eat like that in the future.
  • nickssweetheart
    Options
    Goals for tomorrow:

1) Stay green!
    2) Hit 8 glasses of water!
    3) Exercise at least 20 minutes.
    4) Follow up on jobs...when I try to pin down why I ate this way, this was the only thing I could come up with...I should have followed up on these today but I wussed out.
    5) Physical therapy morning and evening.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,198 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! I think there are like 75 posts just for today!! Such a active thread -- I almost gave up trying to find my last post (and realized I didn't even post any monday goals)! I had to go back almost 6 pages!! Love it though!

After my terrible binge over the weekend, today was not the best, but not nearly as bad.

@nickssweetheart -- you are definitely not alone!! Ice cream is my worse downfall.... and once I get started, its like my brain leaves my head, and I just go numb.

But ... you did great in logging it all, and being accountable. That alone is a NSV! LIke @toaljasa said, it is only ONE day, and the best thing is to get right back on track (don't let it turn into 3 days like I did). This is the key to being successful. We don't have to be perfect everyday, just when we stumble, get right back on track, and put that day behind us!.. This for me is my biggest obstacle. I do great as long as I stay perfect. When I get off, it takes me so long to get back on track. I eventually do get back on track, because I want to be successful, and get those stubborn last 10 pounds off, but it is hard for me. Thats why I love this thread.

And BTW @toaljasa -- thank you so much for being the best, biggest motivator to all of us!! I don't always have time to comment, but I absolutely love how you encourage each of us!

These were my sunday goals:
    1. go to the gym :) Already did this, so off to a good start today
    2. log all food :)
    3. april challenge = 8+ cups water :)
    4. may challenge - 15 minute walk tonite :/
    5. june challenge - mindful eating. Stay away from emotional stuff. :)
    6. clean house :):)
    7. get back on here - be accountable
    8. do NOT weigh myself until next sunday .... and do not give up. :/ WHY do I do this! The scale is NOT going to move everyday, no matter how good I am!!

Here are my goals for tomorrow
    1. getting haircut and colored, so light breakfast
    2. log ALL food
    3. april challenge - 8+ cups of water
    4. may challenge - get out for a walk. Since I can't get to the gym in the morning, maybe a afternoon trip to the gym?
    5. june challene - mindful eating
    6. sip on water in the evening. Get back out of that habit of nitetime grazing.
    7. DO NOT WEIGH myself. Just stay on track

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,198 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Well, I have not been able to exercise off the calories as I still feel pretty sick to my stomach. I'm sipping some zero cal sparkling water and waiting for the pain to pass. I just hope I remember this feeling if I'm tempted to eat like that in the future.

This was so me yesterday! If you read my post, I ate almost a entire box of ice cream. Everytime I do that, I want to remember how crappy I feel. Next time either of us wants to do this .... we need to get on here ... and have everyone remind us of how awful we are going to feel! (My stomach was growling all nite, and hubby kept asking me if I was OK.I don't dare tell him its because of all the ice cream I gobbled down in secret :s )