JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    They schools have been cancelled for the next two days.
    Soooooooo. Yeahhh!😱
    The store shelves are bare of water, milk, bread...propane.
    Hopefully the early morning will be dry for me to get some great walking steps in. Good time to catch up on reading and planning.
    A wee bit of laundry left...
    Anyway... Good news is, we survived another day. Hopefully we can take any lemons thrown at us tomorrow and make some kick butt lemonade😁🙆
    That's my story and I'm sticking with it.
    Love you my Sisters💝🌹🌈
    Good night.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Wednesday
    1. AM basic run: 16 laps, aim for <35 m. Feed cats. Shower. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item. PACK SHOES.
    2. Print project work for ALL CLASSES. Print gradebook roster. WEEK 4 POST. Review Week 8 plans and draft. Make coffee. Review week 4 essay. Input back work.
    3. Class 2-3: Presentations. Dialogue review. Villain narrative.
    4. Class 4: Presentations. Check for PRs returned. Upcoming: Research.
    5. Parent calls for no PRs. Review semester plan. What is my purpose for each unit? Sketch out semester block. Shift lessons to units.
    6. Update class websites. Have K use keys to mark student work. Write blog post.
    7. PM duty. CALL N ABOUT LOAN TERMS. Strength 4:30. Week 4 comments. Fold laundry while watching Good Place. Dinner: Pork chop.
    8. Plan out and log meals for Thursday. Prep lunch. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 4:50.

JFT Thursday
    1. AM speed run: 12 laps, timed on even laps 2-10, aim for <1:40. Feed cats. PLEX Flexibility sequence. Shower. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. Review Week 8 plans and draft. Make coffee. Write blog post. Print research materials.
    3. Class 2-3: Presentations. One-Pager. Villain narrative.
    4. Class 4: Finish Presentations. Check for PRs returned; parent calls. Intro Research.
    5. Review week 4 essay. Input back work.
    6. Update class websites. Week 4 post 2.
    7. PM duty. CALL N ABOUT LOAN TERMS. Zumba 5:30. Week 4 comments. Quiz. Dinner: Strawberry smoothie.
    8. Plan out and log meals for Friday. Prep lunch. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 4:50.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    August 2018: 187.4
    Today: 185.2

Upcoming to-do:
    1. Develop 5PE mini-unit. Use after JC as a sponge; combine with challenge books. Maybe a comparison with another required text? Have students ask a parent or teacher what the most significant text they studied was, and then create a comparison between their challenge book and that text - which has more value and why? Possibly do the one-sheet as an assessment.
    2. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check on #engchat on Mondays at 7?
    3. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Appt w D 10/22 9:20; McC 10/22 10:15. Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up.
    4. Organize and grade narratives. Update parent group lists with NAMES. Note reply emails.
    5. Check on conference; follow up on seminar proposal. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, creativity, responsibility, optimism - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    6. Return mascara to Walmart with receipt. Go to used bookstore; take bags-of-bags and look for Beauty (McKinley), Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman) and The Prince (tr. Tim Parks).
    7. Put jewelry away. Yikes! Reinforce patches on old pants.
    8. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac.
    9. Make plan for classroom observations; ask other teachers about projects or lessons they feel confident about.
    10. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another.
    11. Convert lesson plans to unit format.
    12. Design minibuttons with school logo, mascot, crest.
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Hi all, short post today. Work was busy again, and I decided to hang back today and skip exercise, using the evening to recharge. I was really craving fast food, but I have a pizza night with friends on Saturday so that helped me make the smart choice to go home and eat healthy leftovers instead. I went over by 100 calories, mostly due to eating my typical menu without the exercise to balance it out, but I am ok with that. I think it's also important to listen to the days when sliding a little is self-care.

For today:
    30 minutes exercise :( skipped on purpose
    Track food and exercise ✅
    5 good groups ✅
    Water challenge ✅
    Gratitude: today I am thankful for skills I've learned to navigate the days with unexpected chaos
    Sleep log: bed at 9:15, up at 6am
    Post here for accountability ✅

For tomorrow:
    30 minutes exercise
    Track food and exercise
    5 good groups
    Water challenge-80 oz.
    Daily gratitude
    Sleep log
    Post here for accountability
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Well, yesterday was a bust. I ended up falling off the wagon both food wise and alcohol wise. I'm kind of annoyed with myself about the alcohol, I really did want to make it till the end of September without doing weekday drinking. It was a combination of different things - it was a stressful day, but I also think I was in a half celebratory mood in that it was 'nearly my Friday' as I'm not working on Friday and am having a weekend away - so I think it was a 'nearly made it through the week' celebration. Celebratory mood is much more dangerous for me than negative moods in terms of wanting to eat/drink.

Anyway, will NOT do it again! Need to find more productive ways to celebrate...

I have actually decided to buy a DIY foot spa (i.e. plastic bowl that I can put hot water and nice smelling bubbles/ oil in). I don't always have time for a relaxing bath to calm/ de stress me but I reckon I can squeeze in a quick mini foot spa in front of a comedy :smiley:

Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :/
    - Stick to food plan :/
    - Eat slowly and mindfully :/
    - Be in the green :/
    - 4 bottles water :/
    - No alcohol :/
    - 5+ fruit/veg :smiley:
    - Run to work :smile:

- 45 minute lunch break :/ 30 mins only
    - Meditate :smile:
    - Duolingo & French book :/
    - Finish work by 6.30 LATEST :/
    - Pack for weekend :/
    - Do the washing up! :/
    - Lights out by 11 :smile:

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Eat slowly and mindfully
    - 3 bottles water
    - Meditate
    - Duolingo
    - Do not take laptop away from work!!!
  • MLS1582
    MLS1582 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Since I felt so good about logging yesterday, I've decided to do it again today! I even measured stuff for my breakfast (I quit measure food even before I quit logging, but that means it's been so long, I really had forgotten what 1/2 cup looks like!)

JFT - Thursday
    1. Log everything
    2. 10 minute workout
    3. abs

I make no promises about tomorrow. I'm just going to log for today!
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    JFT, 9-12-18

1. Log all food and be accountable 😁 And I was even in the green! Barely but I was!
    2. Move quilt!🤣 Did it right before I left for work this morning but it's done!
    3. Make phone calls!😥 I have to today. The DH asked me specifically to set up an appointment with our GP
    4. Leftover soup for dinner.😁 Didn't get takeout today! Am very proud about that!
    5. Do dishes right after dinner😣 Still sitting in the sink...
    6. Figure out something to do after dinner 😀 Started a new book by Bill Bryson. He's hysterical!
    7. Early night 😁 10 pm.

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Last night I finally caught up with JFT posts ~ so much happening. Sending hugs for those that need them, especially @maryrobinson40 @Faebert @missheidi @toaljasa @PackerFanInGB !

Lately, it's been one thing after another for me ~ nothing major but it all adds up. Office relocation & new office-mate, work computer problems (yesterday, my desktop wouldn't start ~ needed a new power brick), now today system upgrade and trying to figure out how everything looks to find my usual stuff. Throw in recent stuff like middle brother's wedding, 5K for Veterans (terrific event, so supportive of all who serve and I beat my goal of < 44:30 ~ I finished in 44:27 and average pace of 14:16), lots of yardwork & hubby time over weekend. Can't forget Sunday night football ~ what a game! What an ending! @PackerFanInGB were you biting your nails like me?!? Late nights and too little sleep don't help.

Thanks to all JFTers for posting your successes & attempts. All of you inspire me to do better, just because you try every day. I love you all! <3

Oh my gosh, YES! Not only a nail biter, but was yelling and whooping it up and if my hip would have let me, I would have been jumping up and down in the living room! That was a CRAZY game! Wow, wow, wow! We could hear the crowd cheering at Lambeau from our back deck. What a game!

Also, I wanted to congratulate you on your finish in the Veterans 5K!!! I felt so proud when I saw that! You are a rock star!
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    blueimp wrote: »
    Just for today 9/13, if this is still active:
    I’m going to track everything, especially late night nibbles.
    I’ve been away from MFP for a long time, and most of my friends are now inactive, so I’m looking for active members for mutual support. Please join me!

Welcome back @blueimp! I think you'll find a pretty great and supportive group here!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    Recap W 9/12 ~ Unplanned rest day ~ forgot to turn on alarm! Currently using phone, I really need to get a new bedside clock. I enjoyed the extra sleep, very glad I didn't oversleep, and arrived at work on time.
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 11,371 steps, 250+ steps 11/14 & 33 floors... forgot about webinar & no place to pace in new office location w/ new office-mate, plus work issues. Considering it was rest day, step count pretty good! Helps that I had to park a few blocks from farmers market, then walked entire length & width of market, followed by grocery shopping, unloading car and putting all purchases away, including storage in basement. I missed having hubby help (he was at work), but I left a few things for him to carry downstairs. :smiley:
    2) Usual breakfast, lunch & snacks prelogged / supper unsure ~ maybe eat at farmers market? / net calories w/i 100 green / 12c water = ACK! :# Due to work issues in afternoon, forgot to eat my apple as snack, so I was hungry when I arrived at the farmers market. More food trucks than I expected (haven't gone to this market in several years), so decided to try something I usually don't have opportunity to eat: falafel sandwich. Not sure how to log so I just picked something close in MFP database. Still hungry when I finally got home & everything put away around 8 p.m. so had small bowl of leftover veggie soup & bowl of fresh raspberries, plus my free Great Harvest cookie. Logged it all, net calories already RED, then for some insane reason, I snacked on Pringles and chocolate chips straight from the bag ~ yikes!!! >:) The only good thing about my food diary was 14c water. :D
    3) Work: complete all 3 stages of work project / start summarization by Th = Yes! Ready for summarization once printer issues cleared up. :smiley:
    4) Evening: Wed farmers market :smiley: really enjoyed this market, lots of great produce including my heirloom tomato guy & not so crowded now that it's Sept. / grocery shop :smiley: started later & took longer than I wanted but done / sort laundry & put up clothesline for Th :s too late + too tired / balance checkbooks :s ditto laundry / 15 min. declutter :s / at least 1 more to-do :s morning goals way more ambitious than I felt by evening :p
    5) Unplug 9:00 :smiley: / floss :s / retainers :s / ALARM ON IN BED & TV OFF 10:15 :s:o (this is getting ridiculous ~ walk dog before work Th)

JFT R 9/13
    1) Yay! Walked dog before work 3.35 mi 58:10 / stretched = happy dog :smiley: & happy me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged / net calories green (have wiggle room thanks to dog walk) / 12c water
    4) Work: complete first draft of report & update audit program
    5) Evening: choir 6:30 / sort laundry & put up clothesline for F a.m. / wash dishes / bake banana bars / 15 min. declutter / 1 more to-do?
    6) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / ALARM ON, IN BED & TV OFF 10:15 (walk dog before work F)

@PackerFanInGB Thank you!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    MLS1582 wrote: »
    Wow - life got a way from me for a couple days there.
    I stepped on the scale this morning - 171.6 (up 1.4lbs)
    It sucks, but I'm not surprised. Running once a week is not enough exercise! Add in the illness that prevented me from walking with teacher friends after school; compare that to the overeating I did; and really I should be glad it's only 1.4 lbs!

Anyway - today is a new day and time to get back to it!

JFT - Wednesday
    • Log everything I eat (I've been debating this. I logged faithfully for almost 2 years & got burnt out, but I think I need to suck it up and do it)
    • 10 minute legs - ALREADY DONE - whooop whooop!
    • Abs

Maybe I'll give up tracking again tomorrow. I'm making the commitment to log JUST FOR TODAY.

This is my third time losing over 20 pounds by tracking what I eat. I have decided this time I just can't stop tracking even the bad days. Tracking and Weighing keep me accountable and aware of what I'm doing at least.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options

Lifestyle0 wrote: »
    JFT
    1. Burn off calories that are over my deficit goal
    2. Decent amount of sleep
    3. Water
    4. Stop freaking out over small weight gains

I found the daily weighing would get me down with all of the fluctuations. I now look at the average over 7 days. It has shown me that since May I have consistently lost every 7 days except for twice. It made me ease up on myself a bit when the scale went up.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Well, yesterday was a bust. I ended up falling off the wagon both food wise and alcohol wise. I'm kind of annoyed with myself about the alcohol, I really did want to make it till the end of September without doing weekday drinking. It was a combination of different things - it was a stressful day, but I also think I was in a half celebratory mood in that it was 'nearly my Friday' as I'm not working on Friday and am having a weekend away - so I think it was a 'nearly made it through the week' celebration. Celebratory mood is much more dangerous for me than negative moods in terms of wanting to eat/drink.

Anyway, will NOT do it again! Need to find more productive ways to celebrate...

I have actually decided to buy a DIY foot spa (i.e. plastic bowl that I can put hot water and nice smelling bubbles/ oil in). I don't always have time for a relaxing bath to calm/ de stress me but I reckon I can squeeze in a quick mini foot spa in front of a comedy :smiley:

Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :/
    - Stick to food plan :/
    - Eat slowly and mindfully :/
    - Be in the green :/
    - 4 bottles water :/
    - No alcohol :/
    - 5+ fruit/veg :smiley:
    - Run to work :smile:

- 45 minute lunch break :/ 30 mins only
    - Meditate :smile:
    - Duolingo & French book :/
    - Finish work by 6.30 LATEST :/
    - Pack for weekend :/
    - Do the washing up! :/
    - Lights out by 11 :smile:

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Eat slowly and mindfully
    - 3 bottles water
    - Meditate
    - Duolingo
    - Do not take laptop away from work!!!

You are doing awesome if this is the first time you've done weeknight drinking since September 1st. Almost half way there. I bought my daughter one of those foot soaking tubs with the jets. She loves it! She says she does it almost nightly to help her relax.
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Just for today... No late night snacking. I've been struggling with it this month (like a bit of ice cream or spoonful of PB before bed) and it's been throwing me off. I've been off track since the last week of August and it's stressing me out a bit that it's been nearly a month.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    I've been missing getting on here .. spending too much time working in the yard, trying to clean up my sewing room, trying to finish up 2 quilts!! So less time on the computer. Which is good and bad ... meaning I'm not logging my food and keeping accountable here! But SO many posts ... and new people!! What a great group!
    My weight was down 2# this morning, so I am hoping to keep that going. (I think the yard work is making me not think so much about food LOL)

So goals today will be simple again:
    JFT, Thurs
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on water. I've been putting lemon in my water ... and it is helping me to get in more water!
    3. 5+ veggies - sept challenge
    4. work in the yard --- I have 50 surprise lily flower bulbs to plant!!
    5. start with cleaning house! Girlfriends coming in 2 weeks!!
    6. make pumpkin bread and zucchini bread and freeze
    7. finish organizing sewing room and fabric!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT - Wednesday Sept 12
    2L of Water - :/ 1.5 - Why am I struggling to get 2 in for the last few days?
    Calories in Green by 150 - :/ Over by 32. Had a birthday treat with Jonah last night
    Outside 15 Minutes- This may be difficult with the rain - >:) Rain, wind, cold, snow !!!!
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 2/5
    Yoga or Pilates - :/
    Write in Journal - :/

JFT - Thursday Sept 13
    2L of Water
    Calories in Green by 150?
    Outside 15 Minutes?
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Write in Journal

Fruits and Veggies
    Sept 1st - 0/5
    Sept 2nd - 3/5
    Sept 3rd - 4/5
    Sept 4 - 5/5
    Sept 5 - 5/5
    Sept 6 - 4/5
    Sept 7 - 0/5
    Sept 8 - 1/5
    Sept 9 - 2/5
    Sept 10 - 2/5
    Sept 11 - 3/5
    Sept 12 - 2/5

We were going to take Jonah to a movie tonight to celebrate our birthdays, but when I went to check the time I realized the movie isn't in theatres until next week. So since we weren't going to see him today we gave him his present last night and had a special dessert for him.

This was our birthday picture the night he was born in 2011 and then last night.2vz9rosai1l3.jpg
    y2xi0ww2g9un.jpg

Of course, Michaela couldn't allow Jonah and I to have a selfie without her, so she joined us.
    lgpmtrnpsrcw.jpg