Replies

• @mepeiffer thank you for the kind words
  • Bex953172 wrote: »
    Here’s a pretty good article again

https://dailym.ai/2Ieh2oh

Such a good article! Thanks for sharing
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    @jeschepp Congratulations on week 1 of your new lifestyle! And three pounds is nothing to be disappointed about, you did great! To put it in perspective, to lose 3 lbs would mean eating 10, 500 calories less than you burn over the week. That's some real hard work! :heart:
  • nickssweetheart
    So my ankle is still bothering me, which put a crimp in my just for today plan. The wrap up:

1. Log all food and stay in the green. :smile: Even worked in an unscheduled stop at Olive Garden after my volunteer shift.
    2. Clean apartment and recycle the glass I've been accumulating :neutral:
    3. Drink 8 glasses of water :smile: Finishing up now!
    4. Get outside and take a walk by the lake :neutral: Yeah, this was a nice idea given the breautiful weather, but the ankle couldn't take it.
    5. Physical therapy morning and evening :neutral: Tried this in the evening but it was too painful. Stopped.
    6. Kitchen closed and brush teeth by 10 pm :smile:
  • nickssweetheart
    Just for tomorrow:

1. Log all food and stay green.
    2. Clean apartment!
    3. Take out recycling and take glass to center.
    4. Get outside for 20 minutes, if possible, walk.
    5. Physical therapy monring and evening.
    6. Kitchen closed and brush teeth by 10 pm.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    @jeschepp congrats on the loss - 3lb is a great start and you are doing it in the right way! Trust the process and don’t worry about the numbers too much as bodies are strange things!

@nickssweetheart hugs! Hope the ankle is better today.

I had a really good Saturday. I could have got quite down as I was on my own for most of it. My boyfriend is visiting his daughter this weekend so I won’t see him, and the way the weekends have worked out I won’t see him until mid July now as I have my kids for the next two. We are both really clear that our kids are the priority so I have no problem with it at all, but it is a bit of a shame when we get out of sync like this. Sometimes it feels like we are more like pen(text) pals than partners!!

Anyway, I was really mindful about what to do to stay focussed and not get down about being alone. Got up early and did loads of chores, then in the evening forced myself to go to a friend’s drinks thing. I really wasn’t that keen as I hardly knew anyone and they had all been drinking all day but I made myself go for a change of scene and actually it was a fun couple of hours.

Goals for Saturday
    - morning workout ✅
    - Pampering (eyebrows, tan) ✅
    - April challenge ✅
    - May challenge ✅
    - June challenge ✅ I went out and had a Diet Coke at my friend’s drinks party. Meant dinner coming back was very late but I picked up some fruit on the way home to stave off the hunger and was able to eat sensibly when I got home. Going out also meant I felt less lonely and avoided emotional eating.
    - Reports :| decided to go out instead - think this was the right choice.
    - Gardening ✅ completely finished the back, some cutting back and weeding to do in the front tomorrow.
    - Rest ✅ sneaked in a nap in the afternoon

Also did:
    - laundry and cleaning ✅
    - batch cooking ✅

Goals for Sunday
    - morning workout
    - Hot yoga @8:30
    - Groceries
    - April challenge
    - May challenge
    - June challenge
    - Reports
    - Gardenjng
    - early night

Determined to finish the weekend right! Have a great Sunday all x
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,149 Member

jeschepp wrote: »
    Here's my check-in! It's a long one folks! Spent the day house and dog-sitting for my sister, which definitely threw my routine off. Even so, today marks 1 week of being on my current diet (really dislike that word, current habit changes plan? what does everyone else call this journey?), so hooray for that!

So today I did weigh in, which left me with mixed feelings. I lost 3 pounds, which initially I was really disappointed by. I think I was remembering weight loss shows where the results are huge and drastic. But then I realized that is not realistic, nor healthy. Considering all the great changes I am making, and lessons I am learning, 3 pounds is amazing. I know there will be ups and downs along the way, but I need to recognize each small step as progress, because it adds up. I went to dinner with a friend as my reward for week 1, which broke my meal plan rule. However, I went in smart, laid out my meals ahead of time, and picked crab cakes over fried fish tacos. I was actually surprised to find I could eat out and stay within my calorie range. So I'm learning...:) Went back and forth about posting my weight/goal weight, but I'd like to see how it changes across the weeks and I need to accept things before I can change them soooo here it is.

Weight week 0: 190.4
    Weight week 1: 187.6
    Goal weight: 150

3lbs is AMAZING!
    If you think MFP will only set a 2lb per week then you’ve absolutely smashed it!
    Well done!!

And eating out is the hardest but definitely do-able. We don’t eat out much at the moment, knuckling down and getting bills paid but I remember going to Pizza Express and they actually made pizzas under 400 cals!
    They made the pizza ‘O’ shaped (with a hole in the middle) and the base was super thin and they put salad in the hole. Delicious.

Also I tend to call it a lifestyle change, because this isn’t until we reach goal weight we have to watch for life so we’re changing our lifestyle from mindlessly eating cr*p to mindfully eating good :)
  • @jeschepp Congrats on an amazing success! Also I have to comment on your thumbnail, I just love cats & that one is so cute
  • Bex953172
    Goals for Sunday :)

- 8 glasses minimum, this is a must, it’s very hot today
    - Be in the greeeeeen
    - Light exercise, stretches.
    - set up the paddling pool :)
  • (Yesterday) JFT:
    Recommit to getting back on track✔
    Plan each meal✔
    Stay in the green (1500 calories)✔
    Do calisthenics (20 minutes)✔
    Go to dance class (30 minutes)✔
    Post here when I feel emotionally "hungry"😶

JFT:
    Plan each meal
    Stay in the green
    Post here when I feel like emotionally eating
    Do something active
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    So yesterday was a bit of a fail in terms of food/drink! Went on a big protest march with friends and we went to the pub afterwards. Was in a bit of a "f&ck it" mood (positive) and ended up eating lots of food and drinking FAR more then I should have done. Oops.

On the plus side, bought ice cream on the way home but then didn't eat it as I realised I was full (also sleepy and just wanted to go to bed).

When I think about it, I didn't really have a strategy/plan for eating/drinking - need to learn from this in future.

Yesterday's commitments:
    - Log everything I eat :/
    - Stick to food calorie targets :/
    - French article, podcast, Duolingo :neutral: 2/3

June challenge:

June 10: "I'm on holiday" = chocolate :s
    June 11: Stress = gin, no food :neutral:
    June 12: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 13: 'celebratory' mood + pub + burger/ ice cream :s
    June 14: No emotional eating :smiley:
    June 15: Greed rather than emotions.. :neutral:
    June 16: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 17: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 18: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 19: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 20: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 21: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 22: Greed rather than emotions... :neutral:
    June 23: "F&ck it mood" - pub food/drink :/

Today's commitments:
    - Log everything I eat
    - Be in the green
    - Duolingo
    - 4 bottles water
    - No alcohol
    - Do some french revision
  • mepeiffer
    mepeiffer Posts: 105 Member
    @Bex953172 thank you so much for the inspiration. My goal is. 1200 the only thing I have for exercise is my fit bit
    You can count tea as water intake

I did nothing yesterday I didn’t even get 1700 steps. This needs to change. Just over cal low on water. Today is a great day to start achieving my goals

218.1/218.2/195
  • Bex953172
    mepeiffer wrote: »
    @Bex953172 thank you so much for the inspiration. My goal is. 1200 the only thing I have for exercise is my fit bit
    You can count tea as water intake

I did nothing yesterday I didn’t even get 1700 steps. This needs to change. Just over cal low on water. Today is a great day to start achieving my goals

218.1/218.2/195

Does your fit bit just measure what you’ve burnt that day from general moving around?

I have 3 kids 4 and under. So getting to the gym is more wishful thinking.
    However
    The best time for me is just after tea when they’ve all gone to bed! I get the telly on, amazon fire plugged in and open up YouTube and do a fitness video from there, normally dance cardio as sometimes I find some vids are proper boring, I like ones that are fun lol

I also take advantage of walking the eldest to nursery and pushing the baby in the pram.
    I would much rather do the 20 min drive (10 each way) rather than the hour (30 each way) but it obviously burns way more calories.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Sunday
    1. Feed cats. Meds, teeth, tea. Plan & log food for day. Pack lunch.
    2. Check Prezi. Plan presentation. Is there a way to do voice?
    3. Daily Duolingo. Read Lackey.
    4. Park 11:30-8:30. Steps to 15k; aim for 20.
    5. Shower. Chop more celery. Dinner - Prepped saag. Finish project.
    6. Take meds. Teeth flossed, rinsed, brushed.
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Question for the group-do you have a calorie limit you're trying to stay under? I have been using the Mayo Clinic Diet, which is set at 1200, but I'm wondering if this is too low for me right now. I've had some days I've felt pretty hungry or run down and no amount of extra fruit or veggies will boost me. I'm going between sticking it out, or aiming closer to 1400. Ideas?

Also huge shout outs to @monstersweetsbyallison, @Faebert, and @nickssweetheart for your kinds words about my struggles with the process. Just lovely of you and I needed to hear it! And the profile pic is of my Maine Coon, who is just the biggest love bug :)

Let's start of the week strong, everyone!
  • Bex953172
    jeschepp wrote: »
    Question for the group-do you have a calorie limit you're trying to stay under? I have been using the Mayo Clinic Diet, which is set at 1200, but I'm wondering if this is too low for me right now. I've had some days I've felt pretty hungry or run down and no amount of extra fruit or veggies will boost me. I'm going between sticking it out, or aiming closer to 1400. Ideas?

Also huge shout outs to @monstersweetsbyallison, @Faebert, and @nickssweetheart for your kinds words about my struggles with the process. Just lovely of you and I needed to hear it! And the profile pic is of my Maine Coon, who is just the biggest love bug :)

Let's start of the week strong, everyone!

I have my MFP settings as to lose 2lb/week which sets my calories for 1200.

However I (on average) eat around 1400-1500, but then I will do an exercise to burn off around 200-300 so my NET calories are still 1200(ish)

So if you’re hungry still, you can either raise it and lose at a slower rate, or do what I do :)

How much do you think you’d need extra to keep you going so you’re not feeling hungry?
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,414 Member
    OMG. I'm 213 posts behind! What a busy group! I am certain I have missed a lot during my few days away. I will try to go back and skim them later, but I don't have time right now to try to catch up. Welcome to anyone new to the group and HEY!! to my JFTer buddies! <waving and smiling>

Yesterday I stayed offline and just enjoyed the the day and was present in the moment. It was a beautiful day here in Green Bay! I spent time weeding the flower beds, reading out on the deck in the sunshine, putzing in the yard, putzing in the kitchen cleaning and cutting up fresh veggies and just generally had probably the best day I've had in a long time. Definitely my best day since it got nice outside. It was relaxing and I needed that time to myself to just do normal around-the-house kind of stuff. I exceeded my step goal. I did great with my eating and my water intake too. So, I am hoping to have another great day like that today.

We are taking the boat out for a quick ride on the river today. I cannot believe we haven't been fishing yet this year. Water is my happy place, and we usually go fishing at least one of the days on weekends in the summer. :smile:

JFT / Sunday:
    1. Journal everything I eat
    2. 64+ oz of water
    3. Stay in the green
    4. Reach my step goal - at least 15 minutes of it active.
    5. Snack on 1/2 (one-half) pound of fresh veggies throughout the day - mixed variety (trying to get myself to like/eat more veggies)
    6. Organize my sewing table, iron the muslin and cut up some strips, set up Roku on TV in basement.
    7. Pack tomorrow's lunch bag
    8. Do laundry and pick out tomorrow's work outfit
    9. Browse Pinterest later - look for low cost ways to make basement and sewing space brighter and more welcoming. (Dark paneling and old linoleum tile floor right now)
    10. Bed at 9:00 unplugged, read and sleeping by 10 is the goal...
    11. Get up Monday without hitting Snooze button!
  • Michaela_LaGata
    Michaela_LaGata Posts: 135 Member
    I aim to stay 1400 or less. Given my work and family demands 7 days this is possible with effort and mindfulness. Slower and steady as she goes. But exercise is key. That is an effort but necessary for mental and physical health. I have to remember small counts. Find 10 min 5 times a day on worse days. It's a head game for me.

Progress📯
    Made my deadline for terminating eating and oral hygiene yesterday.

Great way to prevent extra eating in the evening and it worked.

I was not mindful of dinner and so I did not record my food after 4pm that's not good

JFT Quick
    Read a couple pages in the Beck book and also the Beck cognitive therapy self-talk 4 food behaviors

Kitchen close at 7:30 p.m. oral hygiene by 7:30 p.m.⚠️

Bed by 10 p.m.

10-minute exercise periods as needed to achieve goals

Mindfulness including logging all foods as soon as eaten. Time to eat? did I log ?can't eat until I log!!

Best to all. We are worth it.
    M.😸🌹