JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,758 Member
    Options
    Major victory - not overweight anymore! :):):):):)

So chuffed with this. I've been very successful this week (had a few calories left over the week overall) and as a result a few pounds just dropped off.

Just 4.5 pounds to go until my goal weight! When I get there, I might decide to lose more, but we'll see. I'll evaluate how my body looks at that point. The main thing is I want to get rid of tummy flab as much as I can. Because of last year's operations, I have a big scar just under my tummy which means that any flab I have kind of hangs over it in a really unattractive way. I'd like to have no/less flab to hang over it! But, I also like eating so I might have to put up with that, as my goal weight might be the lowest I can go without having to eat less than I feel comfortable with.

Anyway, yay!! Now trying to decide whether or not to reward myself with a sausage sandwich for breakfast... ;)

Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Stick to food plan :smile:
    - 4 bottles water :neutral: 3 again... Forgot to drink, too busy
    - 30+ minutes lunch break :neutral: Was working to a 5pm deadline so decided to just take 15 mins and finish on time. It worked!
    - French podast, article, Duolingo, book :/ 1/4.... Not enough time!
    - Stop work by 6 :smile:
    - Do workout DVD :smile:

June challenge:

June 10: "I'm on holiday" = chocolate :s
    June 11: Stress = gin, no food :neutral:
    June 12: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 13: 'celebratory' mood + pub + burger/ ice cream :s
    June 14: No emotional eating :smiley:
    June 15: Greed rather than emotions.. :neutral:
    June 16: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 17: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 18: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 19: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 20: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 21: No emotional eating :smile:

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - 2 bottles water at work
    - Drink lots of soft drink at friend's
    - Take sensible portions - no seconds or finishing my friend's food!!!

- 30+ minutes lunch break
    - French podast, article, Duolingo, book
    - Stop work by 6

Woohoo! you must be feeling so proud of yourself!
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT Thursday Recap
    1. Be kind - replace inner critic with inner best friend/cheerleader :)
    2. Log all food :) Prelogged :) and stuck to it!
    3. Drink lots of water :)
    4. Cook dinner at home :)
    5. Help DH with project tonight :)
    6. 15 squats/bathroom trip :)

JFT Friday
    1. Be kind - replace inner critic with inner best friend/cheerleader
    2. Log all food
    3. Drink lots of water
    4. Smart choices for lunch (ordering out with mom) and a dinner (ordering out with DH)
    5. Walk atleast 30 minutes - need some extra calories today with two meals ordering out!
    6. Dogs nails trimmed at Petsmart
    7. Dog bath at Pet Supplies Plus
    8. 15 wall push ups/bathroom trip
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Went shopping with Casey in the pram... why, why did I do that?!

wk1736gg17ci.jpeg

On a scale of 1 to a billion how many calories do you think I burnt!

P.s. it was mostly heavy stuff like milk, vimto (3L!), tins (“cans” for the USers :lol: ) potatoes then everything else!

That's a great workout!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT - Thursday June 21
    2L of Water - :)
    Stay in Green - :)
    Outside 15 Minutes - :)
    Walk or swim tonight - :) I went for a 2K walk, by the time that it had cooled enough to walk a thunderstorm was rolling in. I didn't want to get too far from home without a place for shelter.
    Drop off 10 Business Cards and Brochures today - Yes

JFT - Friday June 22
    2L of Water
    Stay in Green
    Outside 15 Minutes
    Walk tonight
    Attend some more businesses to drop off business cards and brochures
    Have lunch with a friend and be mindful of choices

I had a pretty good day yesterday, didn't find it too bad going to the different sites to try to get business. I just got off the phone with the sales guy I am having to work with though and feel very pressured by him. He now wants me to go after some big clients here I know already have security with competitors. I think I really need to decide whether to continue with this job or look for something else. I like the admin work and I feel my talents are being wasted here. Thoughts for another day I guess.

As long as the weather holds we are building a flower bed tomorrow and planting. My husband was given probably 100 plants from work so all we have had to buy is dirt. It is being delivered today. 1 Cubic Yard, should be lots of exercise. I'm also hoping to get a chance to talk to my Mom tomorrow. My Aunt is supposed to go visit and will call me. I haven't been able to talk to Mom since her birthday on May 1st. I need to talk to my brother again about a phone in her room, I don't think its fair that I can't call Mom when I want. The deal was that they would call me when they were visiting but since I've received no calls I assume he isn't visiting Mom either :( I hope that's not the case, but I fear that it is.

• acbraswell
    acbraswell Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    JFT-Friday June 22

-Stick to pre-logged meals
    -Stay away from company-provided snacks during afternoon meeting
    -Do cardio after weight training (I'm bad about finishing weight training and leaving the gym with no cardio)
    -Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate for hot run tomorrow morning!
    -2 hours of studying PLE for new certification I hope to have done by July 4.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,079 Member
    Options
    mepeiffer wrote: »
    Need need you guys. Push me and make me work on supporting you and losing weight, exercise and such.
    Starting fresh today 6/22/18 - - -218.1/218.1/200

I’m in the same boat, totally c*cked up and asked everyone here for help!
    Maybe we can start again together, so far I’ve done okay (day 2) but it trails off quick and that’s where I need to be kept on track

We can do this! We’ll never be where we want to if we don’t try!
  • AJB1014
    Options
    NSV! Went to lunch with my mom - checked out menu ahead of time and chose fish tacos with coleslaw. Ate 2 of the 3 and none of the coleslaw was full. I hate "wasting" food so I almost ate the third - but sat with how I felt for a few minutes and decided I would take it to go and eat later if I was still hungry. Got back to work and felt full and satisfied so I gave leftovers to DH (we work together) WIN WIN WIN!!!
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    NSV! Went to lunch with my mom - checked out menu ahead of time and chose fish tacos with coleslaw. Ate 2 of the 3 and none of the coleslaw was full. I hate "wasting" food so I almost ate the third - but sat with how I felt for a few minutes and decided I would take it to go and eat later if I was still hungry. Got back to work and felt full and satisfied so I gave leftovers to DH (we work together) WIN WIN WIN!!!

Woo Woo!!! That's fantastic. You had control of the food, of yourself. Great of you to come on here and share as it's very encouraging!
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Wanting to let the new folk know that on this JFT thread Woo means woo-hoo! Yea! Way to go!
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    @AJB1014 That is such an awesome win!!!! I'm doing a Ra-Ra cheer right now! Be proud of yourself!!!
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    So I didn't eat all lunch and I'm actually slightly sick because I'm so full. Lol. I prelogged everything before I ate it and I still have my trail mix left over. If I'm hungry again later (which I doubt) I'll eat it. I probably won't though.
  • AJB1014
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Thanks yall!!! @HGSmith0920 love when the prelogged stuff ends up being more than enough!!!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,079 Member
    Options
    Goals for Friday

- 8 glasses of water :) - currently at 4, can definitely make it tonight.
    - Be in the green - :) currently 41 over but will be in the green again after tidying
    - Walk to nursery twice :( late this morning, crippled hand this afternoon
    - Get some groceries :) yep! That’s where I burnt my calories today!
    - Maybe some light exercise this evening :( I wanted to try some yoga again. But my hands still very sore. Pretty annoyed at my partner now lol! However I do still feel like exercising so we’lol see.

I’ve just finished my dinner about 10 mins ago, I made a chicken madras with rice and I had a few chips.
    I actually still feel peckish. Is that even possible.

My partner does say I eat pretty quick. I always like to finish my plate too because I weigh it out I want to make sure I’m eating what I’ve logged rather than faffing around after weighing what I haven’t ate just to make it accurate.

Does slowing down eating actually work?
    I think with my life being as busy as it is I’ve just got into the habit of inhaling my food lol!!!
  • Lindsaykathryn
    Lindsaykathryn Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I love to post motivational messages on my timeline! One day at a time is right! Change your mindset and your body can achieve anything! Add me as a friend if you'd like!
  • AJB1014
    Options
    Goals for Friday

I think with my life being as busy as it is I’ve just got into the habit of inhaling my food lol!!!

I drink a big glass of water before a meal, helps me feel full. Also, if I'm eating something with not a lot of volume (I made a chicken casserole the other night that had a rich cream sauce to it, so the serving was small but the calories were dense) I definitely have to eat slowly to feel full by the end of it. I read somewhere that chewing your food really well means you get more nutrients out of it and its easier to digest (dont know how true that is) but it helped me slow down and actually chew and enjoy each bite more.
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Goals for Friday

- Be in the green - :) currently 41 over but will be in the green again after tidying
    - Maybe some light exercise this evening :( I wanted to try some yoga again. But my hands still very sore. Pretty annoyed at my partner now lol! However I do still feel like exercising so we’lol see.

I’ve just finished my dinner about 10 mins ago, I made a chicken madras with rice and I had a few chips.

My partner does say I eat pretty quick. I always like to finish my plate too because I weigh it out I want to make sure I’m eating what I’ve logged rather than faffing around after weighing what I haven’t ate just to make it accurate.

I don't know if slowing down actually works or not, because I always fail when I try! Even if I consciously slow down, I still end up inhaling it. I got into the habit when I was working in restaurants and only had a 10 minute meal break.

It does "catch up" to me though, so if I'm still hungry after a meal, I've found it helps to sip some tea or diet soda and just wait, and then I'll often find I don't actually want anything else.
  • monstersweetsbyallison
    Options
    Just had to jump on here at a moment's notice...I got a thoughtful gift from my husband last night of my favorite cookies. They are called nutty bars by little Debbie. A serving size is 310 calories for 2 cookies and I'm ok with that if I can fit them into my calorie daily goal. The problem is I already kind of binged on them last night and today. There are four cookies left and I want to save them for tomorrow or if I can tomorrow and the day after. Just had to put this out there so I can quote my own words and reply if necessary when I'm tempted to finish them off too soon.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Goals for Friday

I am a very fast eater as well and have been told over and over to slow down with the theory that you will feel full faster so you quit eating sooner.
    I grew up in an old farmhouse that was really cold in the winter and full of flies in the summer. I ate fast in the winter because my food would get cold and in the summer so the flies wouldn't have a chance. My Dad also rushed us to eat. Then I waitressed for years so that doesn't help with eating slowly and mindfully, then kids.... I just don't know how to eat slowly. Maybe that is something I should work on.
  • monstersweetsbyallison
    Options
    Just had to jump on here at a moment's notice...I got a thoughtful gift from my husband last night of my favorite cookies. They are called nutty bars by little Debbie. A serving size is 310 calories for 2 cookies and I'm ok with that if I can fit them into my calorie daily goal. The problem is I already kind of binged on them last night and today. There are four cookies left and I want to save them for tomorrow or if I can tomorrow and the day after. Just had to put this out there so I can quote my own words and reply if necessary when I'm tempted to finish them off too soon.

I just very quickly wanted to say I was about to eat all four cookies but I jumped on here instead and posted. Dealing with emotional eating is such a great challenge for this month! Grateful to be part of this thread.