JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,083 Member
    Options
    Just had to jump on here at a moment's notice...I got a thoughtful gift from my husband last night of my favorite cookies. They are called nutty bars by little Debbie. A serving size is 310 calories for 2 cookies and I'm ok with that if I can fit them into my calorie daily goal. The problem is I already kind of binged on them last night and today. There are four cookies left and I want to save them for tomorrow or if I can tomorrow and the day after. Just had to put this out there so I can quote my own words and reply if necessary when I'm tempted to finish them off too soon.

I just very quickly wanted to say I was about to eat all four cookies but I jumped on here instead and posted. Dealing with emotional eating is such a great challenge for this month! Grateful to be part of this thread.

Yessss well done!!
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Just had to jump on here at a moment's notice...I got a thoughtful gift from my husband last night of my favorite cookies. They are called nutty bars by little Debbie. A serving size is 310 calories for 2 cookies and I'm ok with that if I can fit them into my calorie daily goal. The problem is I already kind of binged on them last night and today. There are four cookies left and I want to save them for tomorrow or if I can tomorrow and the day after. Just had to put this out there so I can quote my own words and reply if necessary when I'm tempted to finish them off too soon.

Nutty Bars are just the wow, aren't they?! Great that you put it out here---HGSmith and I have done the same with pizza (limiting ourselves to two pieces). Sometimes what helps me is to acknowledge that I'm not saying I can't have the cookies. I am saying there is a better time for me to eat them...like tomorrow when I can prelog them into MFP.

Don't touch those Nutty Bars!!!
    cjwle71e6k1r.png
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Lots of success around this forum today - yay!!

I’ve had a good day - bit tiring but mostly successful. Now to head in to the weekend with June challenge firmly in mind!

Friday goals
    - morning workout ✅
    - April challenge ✅
    - May challenge ✅
    - June challenge ✅ yay to no Friday night “f-it” feelings!!!
    - Remember 2x meetings :/ dealing with a playground injury and then the deputy being called to an urgent problem put paid to both of these!
    - More data input :) I didn’t do this but instead started finalising all my reports. Had the drafts back from my boss and she’s really pleased with them so plan to finish this weekend and submit to the Head - more than a week early! Have plenty of data time next week so feeling in good shape
    - Hot yoga after work ✅
    - Pack kids for weekend at their dad :s all three of us too exhausted! Will do in the morning...

Goals for Saturday
    - morning workout
    - Pampering (eyebrows, tan)
    - April challenge
    - May challenge
    - June challenge
    - Reports
    - Gardening
    - Rest

Happy Friday you lovely people x
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Posting here to distract from eating.
    *sigh*
    Really want to munch munch munch and not even on anything particular, I just want *something*

Not going to through, only have 30 cals left.
    But on the upside I’m still in the green :)

I might go to bed actually, have some water before I go.

Nighty all ! Posting goals in morning x
  • monstersweetsbyallison
    Options
    @toaljasa I completely agree! Thanks for the support <3

@Bex953172 Thanks! :)<3
  • monstersweetsbyallison
    Options
    Yesterday's JFT:
    Stay in the green. (1500 calories)✔
    Do calisthenics. (20 minutes)✔
    Go to dance class. (24 minutes)✔
    Do running workout. (15 minutes)✔
    Post here when I feel like emotionally eating...😉 didn't do this yesterday but I did do it today and it helped a lot.
    Its almost dinner and haven't posted today's JFT but I'll use the same ones from yesterday.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,777 Member
    Options
    I am over my calories already today, but I enjoyed a very nice lunch with a friend. I am having steak and a salad for supper and as long the black clouds keep rolling along I'll be able to get a walk in to negate the damage. Tomorrow we will be doing a lot outside depending on those black clouds so the week should end up being ok :)
  • Michaela_LaGata
    Michaela_LaGata Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »

Nutty Bars are just the wow, aren't they?! Great that you put it out here---HGSmith and I have done the same with pizza (limiting ourselves to two pieces). Sometimes what helps me is to acknowledge that I'm not saying I can't have the cookies. I am saying there is a better time for me to eat them...like tomorrow when I can prelog them into MFP.

cjwle71e6k1r.png

Love the red keep calm sign.😸
  • Michaela_LaGata
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    Lots of success around this forum today - yay!!

I’ve had a good day - bit tiring but mostly successful. Now to head in to the weekend with June challenge firmly in mind!

Friday goals
    - morning workout ✅
    - April challenge ✅
    - May challenge ✅
    - June challenge ✅ yay to no Friday night “f-it” feelings!!!
    - Remember 2x meetings :/ dealing with a playground injury and then the deputy being called to an urgent problem put paid to both of these!
    - More data input :) I didn’t do this but instead started finalising all my reports. Had the drafts back from my boss and she’s really pleased with them so plan to finish this weekend and submit to the Head - more than a week early! Have plenty of data time next week so feeling in good shape
    - Hot yoga after work ✅
    - Pack kids for weekend at their dad :s all three of us too exhausted! Will do in the morning...

Goals for Saturday
    - morning workout
    - Pampering (eyebrows, tan)
    - April challenge
    - May challenge
    - June challenge
    - Reports
    - Gardening
    - Rest

Happy Friday you lovely people x

Great goals for tomorrow.
    Thanks.
  • Michaela_LaGata
    Options
    Reading a little Beck diet book each day. Great head stuff.

JFT QUICK
    #Log food right after eating.
    #Kitchen closed 7:30
    #Oral hygiene by 7:30
    #Quick yoga breaks and water breaks
    #Stand up and walk around at least once an hour.. just walk back and forth if nothing else

#Bed by 10

Take good care everybody
    M.😸🌹
  • monstersweetsbyallison
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »

cjwle71e6k1r.png

I'm trying so hard to not touch them!!! I want to save them for tomorrow.
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Just for Friday Wrap Up:

1. Log all food and stay under calories >:) A double helping of pistachios put me in the red! But only by a few calories and I got up and put the rest away, so I'm not really that upset about it.
    2. Physical therapy morning and evening o:)
    4. Grocery shopping: main (there's a sale on produce I want to hit on Sunday this week: $1 pineapples and $1.98/lb cherries!) o:)
    5. Drink 8 glasses of water o:)
    6. Kitchen closed and brush teeth by 10:00 pm...pending as I'm enjoying a flavored water while I type this, but then it's off to brush and floss.

Just for Saturday (Saturday!! Wooohooo!!)

1. Log all food and stay in the green.
    2. Clean apartment and recycle the glass I've been accumulating
    3. Drink 8 glasses of water
    4. Get outside and take a walk by the lake
    5. Physical therapy morning and evening
    6. Kitchen closed and brush teeth by 10 pm
  • monstersweetsbyallison
    Options
    LOL I have to keep repeating to myself over and over "I'm not going to touch them I'm saving my nutty bars for tomorrow." Honestly if I really think about why I want to eat them so terribly, it's because I'm emotionally eating, I'm not hungry I'm lonely and bored. I'm going to drink some water and get some fresh air! And hopefully this is the last time I have to post something to distract myself for today. B)
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Happy weekend all! Here's my check-in:

House chores ✅
    30 minutes exercise ✅
    Track food and exercise ✅
    Water challenge-80 oz. ✅-day 19/30!
    Post here for accountability ✅

Honestly was a pretty easy goal day but I'm a bit run down from the week, so it's a good level. Tomorrow I'm house sitting for my sister, who has free laundry so you better believe I'm taking advantage of that :) Made the decision I want my first week goal to be a non-food item. Not only do I want to push myself to see things other than food as reward, I want to hold off and save for a really good treat later on. Worth the work!

For tomorrow:

House chores
    Do extra laundry!
    Pick week 1 reward
    Read for 20 minutes
    30 minutes exercise
    Track food and exercise
    Water challenge-80 oz.
    Post here for accountability

Really appreciating all of the tips people post in their logs. Super helpful!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,777 Member
    Options
    JFT - Friday June 22
    2L of Water - :)
    Stay in Green - :(
    Outside 15 Minutes - :)
    Walk tonight - :)
    Attend some more businesses to drop off business cards and brochures - :| No, but it's because I got called back to the office as a client wanted to order service so I won't count it as a failure.
    Have lunch with a friend and be mindful of choices - :) Well it was a pizza place so I made a fairly good choice, it was still too much when I allowed hubby to choose supper LOL

JFT - Saturday June 23
    2L of Water
    Stay in Green
    Outside 15 Minutes
    If gardening doesn't burn enough calories go for a walk

I am posting tonight as I'm sure hubby will be raring and ready for me to start working as soon as I wake up in the morning. It messed me up all weekend and Monday last week because I wasn't able to post goals properly. The sky is very eerie looking tonight, there are no tornado watches or warning though so I'll still head to bed.

Everyone is doing so well avoiding the temptations. I really need to get better at this. When supper was done I was over 600 calories in the red. I took my walk and managed to get it back down, but then ate again >:) It had nothing to do with emotions, or hunger. I just wanted the tastes of my evening snack so I guess it's a habit I'm going to have to break. I have refrained from Coke for two days though so that's a win.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day tomorrow in case I don't get on here in the morning.
  • toaljasa
    Options
    LOL I have to keep repeating to myself over and over "I'm not going to touch them I'm saving my nutty bars for tomorrow." Honestly if I really think about why I want to eat them so terribly, it's because I'm emotionally eating, I'm not hungry I'm lonely and bored. I'm going to drink some water and get some fresh air! And hopefully this is the last time I have to post something to distract myself for today. B)

So, how'd you do???!!!
  • toaljasa
    Options
    Happy Saturday! Let's be intentional; Let's focus; Let's meet our JFT goals!
    q3tta4dre4ws.png
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Morning all!
    Last night my partner wanted a snack. So I made him 2 pieces of toast! The urge to have 1 myself or even take a bite was immense! But I didn’t, I went and got in bed and was asleep around 11pm! I’m never asleep around then! I go to sleep any time between 12 and 1am. I don’t even know why lol, but I feel more rested than normal!
    Hand still sore, feels strained at the top of my palm just below my fingers, but I suppose that’s rightseeing as they were bent right back. Not sure what i can do to help it? Ice or heat?

Anyway
    Goals for Sat!

- 8 glasses of water
    - Be in the greeeeeen
    - Exercise! Cardio and stretches
    - Nag nag nag my partner to go in the attic!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Here’s a pretty good article again

https://dailym.ai/2Ieh2oh