Write in Journal - :)

JFT - Thursday June 21
    2L of Water
    Stay in Green
    Outside 15 Minutes
    Walk or swim tonight
    Write in Journal
    Drop off 10 Business Cards and Brochures today

I wasn't sure if I would make my walk last night, it is so hot here. I had to also drive the kids home which meant I was away already for almost an hour, but I came home watched the rest of Wahlburgers with hubby. I love their Mom, can't wait for her book to be published. Hubby was going to bed at 9 and I went and changed and went for a walk.

I have tried to avoid talking on my phone on my walks because it slows my pace but last night even at 9 was still 28 degrees so I wasn't pushing it anyway so I called a friend that is struggling very hard. I was going to only do 2kms since it was so late, but I was enjoying the talk and knew she needed it that I ended up walking 4.8 kms.
    When I got back to the house I was going to sit outside to cool off and finish the conversation but the mosquitoes drove me in. I watched a few minutes of tv, wrote in my journal then felt genuinely hungry. I waited a few minutes and when I still felt that way I had 5 crackers, 1 laughing cow wedge and a handful of grapes with another bottle of water. Ended up having a late night but I felt like it was a successful day.

I am going to get off here now and go try to get rid of some business cards and brochures. I want to be successful in this and to do that I need to get out of my comfort zone.

I'll check in later today or see you all in the morning again! Love you all, what a group of cheerleaders!
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 I'm supposed to sell for my job but I hate selling. I'm always afraid that I'm going to get asked questions that I don't know the answers to and embarrass myself. It gives me total anxiety.

My DH closes his store tomorrow night and I don't know what's time D is coming home so I think I might go for a walk depending on the weather. It's supposed to be nice, you never know. Lol. I haven't gone for a walk in a really long time. I think I need to get back into the swing of it.

So I've done one transaction in 3.5 hours! What the H3ll! I'm actually looking for jobs for D's girlfriend who is moving to the area in a week and a half. Lol. I've already done the filing and explored 3 work websites/programs.

I'M SO BORED!

I think I may have to do something about the cookies... No one has touched them. They're just sitting there taunting me! Lol. I feel like I need to have tunnel vision every time I walk into the back.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 I'm supposed to sell for my job but I hate selling. I'm always afraid that I'm going to get asked questions that I don't know the answers to and embarrass myself. It gives me total anxiety.

My DH closes his store tomorrow night and I don't know what's time D is coming home so I think I might go for a walk depending on the weather. It's supposed to be nice, you never know. Lol. I haven't gone for a walk in a really long time. I think I need to get back into the swing of it.

So I've done one transaction in 3.5 hours! What the H3ll! I'm actually looking for jobs for D's girlfriend who is moving to the area in a week and a half. Lol. I've already done the filing and explored 3 work websites/programs.

I'M SO BORED!

I think I may have to do something about the cookies... No one has touched them. They're just sitting there taunting me! Lol. I feel like I need to have tunnel vision every time I walk into the back.

I understand that, I know the product I'm selling, it's people. My issue is that I don't know how to convince them that one company is better than another. I have worked in this industry for 20 years here in Edmonton and I don't feel confident in this one. Maybe that's the crux of it right there. I need to sell myself as a manager instead of trying to sell the guards. Well look how that turned out while I was typing. Thanks!

Avoid those cookies! You can do it!
  • HGSmith0920
    Options

I'M SO BORED!

I understand that, I know the product I'm selling, it's people. My issue is that I don't know how to convince them that one company is better than another. I have worked in this industry for 20 years here in Edmonton and I don't feel confident in this one. Maybe that's the crux of it right there. I need to sell myself as a manager instead of trying to sell the guards. Well look how that turned out while I was typing. Thanks!

Avoid those cookies! You can do it!

You're welcome! I know that I need to research and memorize the products more. Maybe that's what I'll spend some time doing that today. Lol.

• HGSmith0920
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    JFT Wednesday Recap
    1. Don't wish the week away - it's Wednesday and thats okay! :)
    2. Eat lunch at farm >:) We went up there but they are closed for pesticide spraying :'( took a nice drive anyway
    3. Meds AM and PM (Forgot fish oil this morning - just take regularly scheduled dose with dinner. Add vitamin B to AM routine) :)
    4. Drink lots of water :)
    5. log all food :)
    6. Be kind - replace inner critic with inner best friend/cheerleader :)
    7. Cook dinner at home - include a green veggie :) Added zucchini thanks to this goal!
    8. 15 wall push ups/bathroom trip :)

JFT Thursday
    1. Be kind - replace inner critic with inner best friend/cheerleader
    2. Log all food :) Prelogged
    3. Drink lots of water
    4. Cook dinner at home
    5. Help DH with project tonight
    6. 15 squats/bathroom trip

I've seen doing 10 wall push ups every time I go into the back. Yesterday I did 10 squats! Lol. I think tomorrow I'll 10 sec wall sits! I don't know why but I've enjoy doing this! I've also been talking back against the little nagging voices in my head that tell me lies about myself. I'm actually really proud about that.

So THANK YOU!!!
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT Wednesday Recap
    2. Eat lunch at farm >:) We went up there but they are closed for pesticide spraying :'( took a nice drive anyway
    3. Meds AM and PM (Forgot fish oil this morning - just take regularly scheduled dose with dinner. Add vitamin B to AM routine) :)
    7. Cook dinner at home - include a green veggie :) Added zucchini thanks to this goal!

JFT Thursday
    3. Drink lots of water
    4. Cook dinner at home

I've seen doing 10 wall push ups every time I go into the back. Yesterday I did 10 squats! Lol. I think tomorrow I'll 10 sec wall sits! I don't know why but I've enjoy doing this! I've also been talking back against the little nagging voices in my head that tell me lies about myself. I'm actually really proud about that.

So THANK YOU!!!

Yes yes yes!!! Thank YOU for sharing - it's brings me SO much joy to be a part of this little tribe helping each other!
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    JFT Wednesday Recap

JFT Thursday
    3. Drink lots of water
    4. Cook dinner at home

So THANK YOU!!!

Yes yes yes!!! Thank YOU for sharing - it's brings me SO much joy to be a part of this little tribe helping each other!

Me too! I love all of you! It's like I have friends from all over the world, from all walks of life, and from all ages. If it's one thing I've learned over the last few years it's that I can accomplish anything if I have support from a community.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    JFT Thurs recap
    - Be in the green :)
    - 8 glasses of water :)
    - Walk to nursery x2 :/ just once, forgot about her and was too late to walk lol!
    - Distract distract distract from binging and post on here! :) Yes so far so good!

The real test is tonight.

What I did differently today though, was I had lower calories meals for breakfast and lunchX and then with the walk giving me extra calories and the 1.5hrs of cleaning it meant I could squeeze in another meal before my proper dinner. I just had egg and beans, high in protein and fibre. It didn’t fill me up much, but now I’ve had my tea on top of it i now feel FULL.

So now water through the night. It’s only 7.30 though.
    I can feel myself already thinking of late night snacks but we’ve not even got any food in!

Sooooo AVOID BREAD.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    You can do it @Bex953172 ! What can you do to distract yourself tonight? Some kind of pampering or craft or something using your hands? I’m just going to go to bed super early I think as, like you, I’ve had a good day and want to avoid temptation! Nearly all ticks below. Happy with that.

Goals for Thursday
    - morning workout ✅
    - April challenge ✅
    - May challenge ✅
    - June challenge ✅ actually feeling quite good today
    - Batch cooking :| moving this to Saturday. We have more than enough stuff prepped and I’m tired tonight. Getting the injured one showered and in to bed takes a loooong time!
    - Stay late and start assessment data inputs ✅
    - Early night ✅ for sure!!

Friday goals
    - morning workout
    - April challenge
    - May challenge
    - June challenge
    - Remember 2x meetings
    - More data input
    - Hot yoga after work
    - Pack kids for weekend at their dad

Have a good night all x
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    JFT Thurs recap
    - Walk to nursery x2 :/ just once, forgot about her and was too late to walk lol!
    - Distract distract distract from binging and post on here! :) Yes so far so good!

What I did differently today though, was I had lower calories meals for breakfast and lunchX and then with the walk giving me extra calories and the 1.5hrs of cleaning it meant I could squeeze in another meal before my proper dinner. I just had egg and beans, high in protein and fibre. It didn’t fill me up much, but now I’ve had my tea on top of it i now feel FULL.

I can feel myself already thinking of late night snacks but we’ve not even got any food in!

Sooooo AVOID BREAD.

Carbs can be my downfall late at night. It's about the only time I ever want toast.
    You've got this! Maybe your OH can find something to keep you occupied ;)
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    You can do it @Bex953172 ! What can you do to distract yourself tonight? Some kind of pampering or craft or something using your hands? I’m just going to go to bed super early I think as, like you, I’ve had a good day and want to avoid temptation! Nearly all ticks below. Happy with that.

Goals for Thursday
    - morning workout ✅
    - April challenge ✅
    - May challenge ✅
    - June challenge ✅ actually feeling quite good today
    - Batch cooking :| moving this to Saturday. We have more than enough stuff prepped and I’m tired tonight. Getting the injured one showered and in to bed takes a loooong time!
    - Stay late and start assessment data inputs ✅
    - Early night ✅ for sure!!

Friday goals
    - morning workout
    - April challenge
    - May challenge
    - June challenge
    - Remember 2x meetings
    - More data input
    - Hot yoga after work
    - Pack kids for weekend at their dad

Have a good night all x

Have a good night, hope the injured one is doing ok.
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    JFT Thurs recap

Sooooo AVOID BREAD.

You've GOT this. Way to set yourself up for success!

i'm too excited to not share my news with all you lovely ladies. My physical therapist was really pleased with how strong and flexible my ankle was today. I'm hoping to avoid surgery on it, so things are looking up!
  • nickssweetheart
    edited June 2018
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    Just for Wednesday report:

1. Adhere to my food plan (having a light breakfast and lunch so I can feast on Ethiopian food at dinner.) :neutral:
    2. Drink 8 glasses of water :neutral:
    3. Physical therapy morning and evening :smile:
    4. 15 minute yoga routine :neutral:
    5. Computer off, kitchen closed, and brush teeth by 10:30 pm...snack attack got me last night :smile:

Yesterday was...not so successful. I deviated from my food plan, didn't drink enough water, and skipped the exercise, which I am now feeling this morning. Le sigh. Why do I do that when I know the consequences? You'd think after 43 years I would be less of a puzzle to myself!

Now the good: I still stayed under my calories even though I deviated, and the scale this morning rewarded me with a lovely number... 2 lbs lower than yesterday. It's not an "official" weigh in and I know it's within the range of fluctuations, but it was a nice number to see!

Just For Thursday:

1. Log all food and stay under calories.
    2. Physical therapy morning and evening
    3. Yoga! Doing this right after physical therapy this a.m. No procrastinating!
    4. Kitchen closed and brush teeth by 10:30 pm
    5. Drink 8 glasses of water: 2 down and counting!

Two is such a lovely number, isn't it! Way to go! Now, dig in and stay the course for today. You are already off to a good start on your water. Stay focused and intentional today. Way to go!!
    6wxbpb2cilms.png

Thank you! :blush: Confession: I did not finish my yoga this morning. I was distracted by my cat. Now that I see this, I have to finish! I want to have a focused and intentional day with 5 smiles!
  • nickssweetheart
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    Weigh in Wednesday...a day late, and a pound down!

I started my health journey Jan 1 at 177, am at 154 today. And that one pound was hard work :smiley:

That's pretty much 1 pound every single week if I count correctly. Very nice work!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    I have 500 cals left lol!
    I've only ate 1100 today, soooo I'm going to get something else to eat, but healthy! As I am still pretty hungry
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT Thurs recap

Sooooo AVOID BREAD.

You've GOT this. Way to set yourself up for success!

i'm too excited to not share my news with all you lovely ladies. My physical therapist was really pleased with how strong and flexible my ankle was today. I'm hoping to avoid surgery on it, so things are looking up!

That's incredible! Keep doing what you are doing.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    9hj273herubg.jpeg

@Bex953172 and @Faebert don’t know if you have them there but Snickers is a chocolate bar here.
  • nickssweetheart
    Options
    Just For Thursday Recap:

1. Log all food and stay under calories. :)
    2. Physical therapy morning and evening :)
    3. Yoga! Doing this right after physical therapy this a.m. No procrastinating! :) Okay, I procrastinated, but it got done!
    4. Kitchen closed and brush teeth by 10:30 pm :)
    5. Drink 8 glasses of water: 2 down and counting! :) Actually got 10!

Just for Tomorrow:

1. Log all food and stay under calories
    2. Physical therapy morning and evening
    3. Yoga!
    4. Grocery shopping: main (there's a sale on produce I want to hit on Sunday this week: $1 pineapples and $1.98/lb cherries!)
    5. Drink 8 glasses of water
    6. Kitchen closed and brush teeth by 10:00 pm
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Daily checkin:

Finish priority report at work ✅-long overdue but it is DONE
    House chores ✅
    30 minutes exercise ✅-45 again it was lovely out
    Track food and exercise ✅
    5 minutes tidying ✅-GUYS! I got the darn tidying all done FINALLY (likely because I needed to vacuum but still)
    Water challenge-80 oz. ✅-day 18/30!
    Post here for accountability ✅
    Decide on weekly reward ✅-going between a few ideas: go to a movie, item off Amazon wish list, or new planner

For tomorrow:

House chores
    30 minutes exercise
    Track food and exercise
    Water challenge-80 oz.
    Post here for accountability

Keeping it simple because IT'S FRIDAY!