JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    @toaljasa You are amazing! I hope you know how appreciated you are here! I usually divvy up my trail mix into portion sized bags. Last night I just used a measuring cup and closed the bag and put it away as soon as I filled the cup. I also ate it very slowly and intentionally. It really hit the spot and I didn't wake up with any random food cravings in the middle of the night/this morning.

@AJB1014 Grocery shopping is definitely hard. I generally make up a list throughout the week. I have Alexa so whenever I remember something that I need (and I'm home) I'll tell her to add it right away so I have it in the app. Lol. It works out pretty well. Lol.
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    JFT 6/21
    April challenge: drink 6-8 cups water (managed this one yesterday, whoo!)
    May challenge: outside for 15 minutes (did this yesteray)
    June challenge: emotional/mindful eating and (for myself) stopping at 830pm. Yes. Had popped a cracker in my
    mouth and saw that it was 8:55. Quickly closed the box and closed the pantry door and skedaddled out of
    the kitchen!
    Boundaries (haven't done this at all this week)
    Exercise (walked 3.6 miles)
    Strength training
    Stay focused
    Be grateful, count my many blessings today.
    Be positive!

Peace and joy people!!!
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    @toaljasa Woohoo!!! 23lbs is a lot!!!! That's so awesome! When you step on that scale and see how much you've lost, do a little shimmy! We are so proud of you!
  • toaljasa
    Options
    @toaljasa You are amazing! I hope you know how appreciated you are here! I usually divvy up my trail mix into portion sized bags. Last night I just used a measuring cup and closed the bag and put it away as soon as I filled the cup. I also ate it very slowly and intentionally. It really hit the spot and I didn't wake up with any random food cravings in the middle of the night/this morning.

You are a stronger person than I! Trail mix is beyond my self-control capability, at this point in time, lol! That sweet/salty/chocolate mixture. Oh my goodness. My daughter is a naturally thin eater and she can let a bag sit in the pantry and go rancid!!! What normal person can do that???!!! (she is an inspiration and so very encouraging...she just about flipped over with excitement when she saw I had a running (for me, walking) bra and sweat wicking clothes, lolol)
  • toaljasa
    Options
    @toaljasa Woohoo!!! 23lbs is a lot!!!! That's so awesome! When you step on that scale and see how much you've lost, do a little shimmy! We are so proud of you!

Awww, thank you so much, that is very encouraging! I think I'll go get a glass of water and do a victory dance on the way!
  • monstersweetsbyallison
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Okay now you’re all watching I best post some goals!

- Be in the green
    - 8 glasses of water
    - Walk to nursery x2
    - Distract distract distract from binging and post on here!

No exercise today because it’s walking to nursery which is about an hours walk twice.

Those are great goals! 💝 I'm going to copy you and if I notice myself about to emotionally eat then I'm posting on here to distract myself.
  • monstersweetsbyallison
    Options
    Yesterday's JFT:
    Stay in the green.✔
    Do something active.✔

JFT:
    Stay in the green. (1500 calories)
    Do calisthenics. (20 minutes)
    Go to dance class. (24 minutes)
    Do running workout. (15 minutes)
    Post here when I feel like emotionally eating...

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,738 Member
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    I have to say this because I am shocked! One of the things I was taught yesterday was to follow up the short introductions with an email thanking the potential client for taking the time out of their busy day to listen to what we had to say.

This morning (after I caught up on JFT) I sent out emails to the ones we were able to get business cards for yesterday. I felt like I was being pushy and that is one of the things I hate about selling, but I was told to do it so I did it.

Lo and behold 2, count them 2 potentials came back to me and asked for quotes for services! This is huge! I was totally amazed. I have worked in this industry in this city for 20 years and have witnessed managers come and go saying you can't get business with cold calls here. You need to win bids. I'm super excited to think this might work! I'm going to head out now and try to get some more brochures and business cards dropped off!

That’s so exciting! I used to hate the whole pitching/selling part of the job in my old career too. But I think sometimes people actually respond better to someone who isn’t a super confident salesperson. You’d be far more likely to give your business to someone more restrained but trustworthy, than a slick salesperson who is all talk and no action.

Hope both the quotes translate into some business for you x

I think that is my biggest problem is the "slick salesperson" type of people. I feel that that might be expected of me and it is so not me. The guy that is training me is one of those types. I think I'll do better on my own because I won't be embarrassed by being associated.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    So many posts!

@Faebert Once again I am filled with admiration for you after reading one of your posts. You had a day that was a mess in places but managed to focus on the essentials of your daughters' pleasure. They are very lucky to have you. A shame about your friend. :(

@HGSmith0920 I tend to "mad" eat too...very nice job resisting the cookies!

@AJB1014 Thank you for the article, I'm going to read the whole thing this evening.

@Snowflake1968 I have had a job before that involved going into businesses to sell, and it's not easy but it definitely gets easier the more that you do it. I am a naturally shy person, so if I can do it, I am confident you can master this. Good luck! And also good luck finding the balance. It's nice to hear that your life is overflowing with good things, but I get how that can squeeze out the "you" time.

@slittlemeister I feel your pain. There was a five year period in which I went through THREE laptops (two of them Dells, LOL.) Sounds like you will enjoy having a new one once you get past the pain in the butt parts, though. I hope your data is recoverable!

Edit to add: Just saw your update Snowflake! Congratulations and great job! Fingers crossed for you.

Thank you so much for the vote of confidence, I have 6 new places I am going to this morning. I just want to organize myself a little better before I head out.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Well I managed to say no to the cookies for the rest of the day AND said no to the Wawa(convenience store) run that my mind tried very hard to convince me to do. It was telling me 'stop for coffee' but I resisted by saying I have coffee at home. I knew that if I stopped I would have gotten an arm full of crap. I got home and grabbed the last beer I'm going to have for about 2 weeks. I made virtually the same thing for dinner that I made both of us for lunch. Luckily the DH didn't care. He'll eat whatever I make. Lol. But I was so hungry that I scarfed down my food. I have about 250c left and Im trying to decide if I'm really still hungry or if I ate so fast that my stomach didn't have time to catch up. Lol.

It's been about 10 minutes and I think I'm not hungry. I have to go food shopping in about an hour though. So I might eat something then but for the moment I'm okay.

Anyway, sorry for my ramble! Lol

That's awesome, you helped keep your body thinner and your wallet fatter! Win Win
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    I’ve not kept up with this at all.
    If anything I feel a little I dunno burnt out.

It was my partners health assessment today for disability benefit ( @mytime6630 I know you feel my pain) and we basically argued right up until the appointment, I accidentally triggered him and then became enemy number 1. Not we needed on top of an already stressful day.
    Last night we carted the kids off to my mums so we could wake up and not have to stress about the kids. 9am! I slept til 9am! All natural sleep, nothing woke me, just naturally woke up, sounds lovely right? Nope pulled my back in my sleep haha it’s been aching for a few days but I must have slept funny last night.

I haven’t been able to stop binging anyway
    I just can’t stop. Like it’s a problem or something
    I’m also always “on the hunt” for chocolate. I knew something was bad when i considered eating the chocolate chips for baking...

I need help guys, I know you can’t do it for me but can you start keeping me accountable, my diary is open and you can see if I’ve logged or been naughty and also I need to start sticking to my goals, wel posting some in the first place!

I am asking for help now because I can’t get a hold of this by myself!

Big hugs to you! I am not a chocolate type it is not something that I have ever really craved. I have lots of friends that do though especially around that TOM. I have seen a lot of them eat the baking chips. My best friend since grade 2 has two sisters that are younger than us. I remember on more than one occasion her sister making chocolate frosting after school because there wasn't chocolate in the house. I don't think you are alone in your struggle at all. You can do this!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    I think I've come to realize that anger at my coworkers is the emotion that causes me to eat my feelings. I'm p!ssed at one of them and there's a whole tray of chocolate chip cookies that are totally calling my name. But I will fight the urge and make myself a cup of coffee and drink my water.

Good for you exercising the resistance and hope muscles. I'm using Beck diet solutions..not about food restrictions but the head stuff... talking back to thoughts.
    re Framing the issue like wanting to eat and it's not time. Its CBT.
    Hope it helps.
    ONWARD!

I'm going to have to check this book out. I've heard a lot of people referring to it.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    JFt, Wed
    1. log all food :)
    2. april challenge - 8+ cups water :)
    3. may challenge - get outside for a 15 min walk -- nope! thundering and lightening again outside
    4. june challenge - mindful eating :)

June Challenge:
    If you’re feeling the slightest bit emotional and want to eat—or it’s even time to eat—force yourself to either do something else or to eat something healthy and wholesome. And report it on here. Not only will it help us, but it also will give others ideas to stop that urge.

June 1st: :/
    June 2 - :)
    June 3 - :)
    June 4 - :/
    June 5-9 - :/:/ did terrible. On June 9, ended up eating almost a entire bag of chocolate covered cashews. I think this was my wake-up call.
    June 10 - started keeping a written journal of what I eat, what time I eat, and my mood. I am putting a ** next to any foods that were unplanned, and I am suppose to put a ** next to a binge. Somehow.... this has been helping me tremendously! :)
    June 11- :)
    June 12 - :)
    June 13 - :)
    June 14 :)
    June 15 - :)
    June 16 :)
    June 17 :/ - Dairy queen buster bar
    June 18 - Orange :)
    June 19 - really wanted ice cream, but waited, and got on here (thanks for the encouragement!). Had popcorn instead. :)
    june 20 - :) Drinking my water tonite, because boy, icecream sounds so good. But I had a orange, and working on more chemo hats - with my water by my side.

JFt, thurs
    1. log all food
    2. april challenge - 8+ cups water
    3. may challenge - get outside for a 15 min walk
    4. june challenge - mindful eating
    5. eating out tomorrow with my SIL -- at a mexican place!--- so try and eat only a few chips, and wise decision!

Look at how well you are doing with the June challenge!!!!
  • toaljasa
    edited June 2018
    Options
    @Snowflake1968
    Can you go without him? Maybe if they see progress he won't show up next week??? I'm with you, that is not my style, nor do I respond well to that style. My nose wrinkles and I kind of want to wash my hands after the encounter. And there is no way I will do business with the person...I don't care if I like the product or not.

You can do this! Just be your genuine self...that's more than enough in my book!!!

• toaljasa
    Options
    Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :)
    - Stick to food plan :)
    - 4 bottles water :| Managed 3
    - Go to gym :smile:
    - French podcast, article, Duolingo, book :smile:
    - Look into how to get docs off laptop(!) :neutral: Bought a clever piece of tech thanks to @Bex953172. Will give it a go at the weekend, though boyfriend thinks I MIGHT have broken the hard drive too in which case I will have lost everything... Hope that's not the case
    - Do some career planning (on paper/ phone!) :/ Decided that until my French assessment, this is going to be my #2 priority
    - Sort emails :smiley:
    - Decide which French verbs to learn and make flashcards :smile: Quite proud of myself on this one, I also got my boyfriend to test me later and I know most of it already

June challenge:

June 10: "I'm on holiday" = chocolate :s
    June 11: Stress = gin, no food :neutral:
    June 12: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 13: 'celebratory' mood + pub + burger/ ice cream :s
    June 14: No emotional eating :smiley:
    June 15: Greed rather than emotions.. :neutral:
    June 16: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 17: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 18: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 19: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 20: No emotional eating :smile:

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - 4 bottles water

- 30+ minutes lunch break
    - French podast, article, Duolingo, book
    - Stop work by 6
    - Do workout DVD

Five, count 'em five days in a row with smiley faces (and actually 7 if you discount the greedy gut day, lol) Wow! Fantastic! Now, make it another day---you are doing splendiforous!!! (I am doing duolingo, thanks to you! It's great fun, and I feel quite accomplished at learning something new!)
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    So up to now, I’ve done well, getting peckish now.

I didn’t do the second walk for nursery, purely because I tidied for so long I actually forgot about her lol!!! Luckily still picked her up on time!

I mindlessly ate before, but only managed 3 pieces of toffee popcorn before I realised!
    Now I still want t but I think I’m gonna drink some water and maybe boil an egg?

Also, something I realised with water, a cup (approx 8oz?) i can gulp down in 5 gulps.
    So I’m thinking knowing that I only have to count to 5 per drink then I can easily get my water in.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    jeschepp wrote: »
    Daily recap:

Be kind to myself ✅-took a moment to recognize all the goals I've met this week :)
    Share one accomplishment with a friend ✅-caught lunch with a coworker, was v nice
    House chores ✅
    30 minutes exercise ✅ 45! Was absolutely gorgeous weather out tonight
    Track food and exercise ✅
    Finish the tidying-grrr :(
    Water challenge-80 oz. ✅ 17/30
    Post here for accountability ✅

For tomorrow:

Finish priority report at work
    House chores
    30 minutes exercise
    Track food and exercise
    5 minutes tidying
    Water challenge-80 oz.
    Post here for accountability
    Decide on weekly reward

So helpful to see everyone posting with progress not perfection. Helps me put things in perspective and not be so hard on myself. Go get it!

That is what I found so encouraging about this group when I first joined as well. It shows that we are all in the same battle and there is so much encouragement and absolutely no judging. I love it.
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT Wednesday Recap
    1. Don't wish the week away - it's Wednesday and thats okay! :)
    2. Eat lunch at farm >:) We went up there but they are closed for pesticide spraying :'( took a nice drive anyway
    3. Meds AM and PM (Forgot fish oil this morning - just take regularly scheduled dose with dinner. Add vitamin B to AM routine) :)
    4. Drink lots of water :)
    5. log all food :)
    6. Be kind - replace inner critic with inner best friend/cheerleader :)
    7. Cook dinner at home - include a green veggie :) Added zucchini thanks to this goal!
    8. 15 wall push ups/bathroom trip :)

JFT Thursday
    1. Be kind - replace inner critic with inner best friend/cheerleader
    2. Log all food :) Prelogged
    3. Drink lots of water
    4. Cook dinner at home
    5. Help DH with project tonight
    6. 15 squats/bathroom trip
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    @Bex953172 I'm happy to give you a poke if I don't see you setting goals! If you leave your diary open I can also check that you are logging?

I agree with @mytime6630 though, you have lots of reasons to want to binge at the moment so you should be kind to yourself and not beat yourself up about it. Maybe try to find some kind of displacement activity to do when you feel like binging? I've been using furious tidying/ decluttering :smile:

LOL I use that a lot too, my husband asks a lot if he's done something wrong.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    @Snowflake1968
    Can you go without him? Maybe if they see progress he won't show up next week??? I'm with you, that is not my style, nor do I respond well to that style. My nose wrinkles and I kind of want to wash my hands after the encounter. And there is no way I will do business with the person...I don't care if I like the product or not.

You can do this! Just be your genuine self...that's more than enough in my book!!!

I'm going out myself today and tomorrow. I'm hoping that he's "too busy" to come up next week and if they see I'm getting out there that might change their mind. I have drivers on the road after hours and all weekend, I created a document for them to give me ideas of where to go and then I'm going to print a map off so eventually I get the whole city covered. I have a plan and am a bit excited about it, so I should run with it.