JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Replies

• bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :neutral: I didn't log dinner (which friend made) specifically, but estimated the calories
    - 2 bottles water at work :smile:
    - Drink lots of soft drink at friend's :smile:
    - Take sensible portions - no seconds or finishing my friend's food!!! :neutral: Didn't take seconds (there weren't any!) But I did grate far too much cheese on my dinner.
    - 30+ minutes lunch break :smile:
    - French podast, article, Duolingo, book :neutral: 3/4
    - Stop work by 6 :smile:

June challenge:

June 10: "I'm on holiday" = chocolate :s
    June 11: Stress = gin, no food :neutral:
    June 12: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 13: 'celebratory' mood + pub + burger/ ice cream :s
    June 14: No emotional eating :smiley:
    June 15: Greed rather than emotions.. :neutral:
    June 16: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 17: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 18: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 19: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 20: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 21: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 22: Ate too much cheese, but as before it was more about greed... :neutral:

Today's commitments:
    - Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food calorie targets
    - French article, podcast, Duolingo
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    JFT Friday recap
    1. Be kind - replace inner critic with inner best friend/cheerleader :)
    2. Log all food :)
    3. Drink lots of water :)
    4. Smart choices for lunch (ordering out with mom) and a dinner (ordering out with DH) :)
    5. Walk atleast 30 minutes - need some extra calories today with two meals ordering out! >:) no walk but no ordering out for dinner either, stayed within calories
    6. Dogs nails trimmed at Petsmart :)
    7. Dog bath at Pet Supplies Plus >:) going today
    8. 15 wall push ups/bathroom trip :)

Jft Saturday
    1. Be kind
    2. Dog bath
    3. Eat and enjoy but don't binge at party
    4. Log all food
  • mepeiffer
    mepeiffer Posts: 105 Member

Bex953172 wrote: »

I’m in the same boat, totally c*cked up and asked everyone here for help!
    Maybe we can start again together, so far I’ve done okay (day 2) but it trails off quick and that’s where I need to be kept on track

We can do this! We’ll never be where we want to if we don’t try!

I will try please connect so we can do this together. I’ve been logging but I either do not eat enough or I eat the wrong things.

You need to give me you want to exercise.

@AJB1014 great win. I miss working with DH we did for 26 years and then things changed and we moved now have separate type jobs I miss my best friend. As I think about that it could be a factor

@Lindsaykathryn would love to be your friend- inspirational quotes are what I need

@monstersweetsbyallison good luck you can do this what a great goal

@Snowflake1968 we could try to eat slower as a group and see how we can inspire each other
  • mepeiffer
    @Bex953172 great success posting here and more water. What is you cal goal

@monstersweetsbyallison great goals

Reading a little Beck diet book each day. Great head stuff.

JFT QUICK
    #Log food
    Log exercise
    Stay in green
    #Quick yoga breaks and water breaks
    #Stand up and walk around at least once an hour.. just walk back and forth if nothing else

#Bed by 10

Take good care everybody
    M.😸🌹

I think I’ll steal your goals with a little tweak
    jeschepp wrote: »

For today

Read for 20 minutes
    30 minutes exercise
    Track food and exercise
    Water challenge-109oz.
    Post here for accountability !

I hope hope you are feeling better. Taking some of yours as well. I love the thinking about other things than food. We can do this

218.1/218.1/195.
  • Michaela_LaGata
    Michaela_LaGata Posts: 135 Member
    My usual

Did ok yesterday..got to bed later .
    JFT QUICK
    #Read Beck "diet" for inspiration and concrete steps
    #Log food right after eating.
    #Kitchen closed 7:30
    #Oral hygiene by 7:30 w FL script toothpaste
    #Quick yoga breaks and water breaks
    #Stand up and walk around at least once an hour.. just walk back and forth if nothing else

#Bed by 10

Have a good day...we are worth the effort 😸☕
    M.
  • mepeiffer
    @Michaela_LaGata keep on keeping on. Yes we are all worth it.

Everyone Have a wonderful day
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,149 Member
    mepeiffer wrote: »
    @Bex953172 great success posting here and more water. What is you cal goal

Thanks, my cal goal is 1200.
    Although I tend to eat (on average) around 1400-1500 and exercise off the rest

What’s yours?

My diary is always open so feel free to take a look to see what sort of things I eat if that helps?
    What would you say your worst foods are? Mines definitely chocolate and things like potato and bread. And I’ve written a list and a list of alternatives on the other side. So when I feel like one of them I have one of my alternatives.

Also, what sort of exercises do you like doing? And where do you do them? Gym, outside, home?

I’ve found, the best chance of success is to evaluate what it is your problems are. Specifically.
    And then you can work on the things that are holding you back.
    Everyone’s journey on here is different, we’re all just working towards the same goal :)

For example for some people on here, drinking enough water is just second nature, but for me I HAVE to make myself drink it.

You can do it, and we can help :)
    But you’ve got to also want to do it, we can’t lose the weight for you unfortunately!
    But we can certainly give you a kick up the butt to get you going!
    It’s all about forming a habit.

Oh and doing something like exercising on the day you REALLY don’t want to, actually gives you a greater sense of achievement and makes you feel even better!!
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    h3gg28moac6b.jpg

Mmmmmmm :)

Beautiful colors!

I overdid it today volunteering at the thrift store and am now feeling it in my ankle. Instead of knocking out the apartment cleaning, I'm sitting with it elevated on a pillow like an invalid while I wait for the swelling and pain to subside. Gah. So frustrating.
  • Bex953172
    h3gg28moac6b.jpg

Beautiful colors!

I overdid it today volunteering at the thrift store and am now feeling it in my ankle. Instead of knocking out the apartment cleaning, I'm sitting with it elevated on a pillow like an invalid while I wait for the swelling and pain to subside. Gah. So frustrating.

Ouch, you got any ice on it?
    Definitely more important to rest it!

Also, is a thrift store the same as a UK charity shop?
  • nickssweetheart
    edited June 2018
    h3gg28moac6b.jpg

Beautiful colors!

Ouch, you got any ice on it?
    Definitely more important to rest it!

Also, is a thrift store the same as a UK charity shop?

Probably? The one I was working at is operated by the local Lutheran church and all the money raised goes to the different programs they run: for the homeless, the hungry, and there's also a single parent support network. The items that are donated that aren't saleable are given to Big Brothers and Alice's Closet which supplies free warm clothing to the homeless.

ETA: And I don't have ice, but I DO have a bag of frozen stir fry vegetables! LOL
  • Bex953172
    June Challenge:

22: hurt my hand, ate 3 biscuits
    23: general stress, didn’t snack out of anger but calmed down first and then had 3 biscuits. Calming down first allowed me to enjoy the treat and I didn’t inhale them, I just slowed down, dipped them in my cup of tea and I’m happy at just 3 :)
  • nickssweetheart
    @Bex953172, Good job not eating your emotions, but calmly deciding to have a treat! It's so different when we "decide" vs just reacting mindlessly, isn't it?
  • Bex953172
    @Bex953172, Good job not eating your emotions, but calmly deciding to have a treat! It's so different when we "decide" vs just reacting mindlessly, isn't it?

Yes totally!! I’ve never done it before lol first time I actually just waited!
    Funny thing is I had the exact same thing I would have snacked on but just enjoyed it so much more!
  • Bex953172
    Goals for Sat! Recap

- 8 glasses of water :( only 2 (if you don’t count cups of tea)
    - Be in the greeeeeen :):):)
    - Exercise! Cardio and stretches :):( put music on to dance to whilst cleaning, stopped cleaning and just danced LOL, however did not stretch.
    - Nag nag nag my partner to go in the attic! Got my 4 year old to nag instead, she’s more annoying lol!!! Can’t exactly say no to her either!she almost got him to do it today! I’m sure she’ll make him crack tomorrow :lol:

Night all! Well for a bit anyway, will probs pop on quickly before I go sleep.
    See if any of you actually show up!!

STOP SLACKING ON THE WEEKEND!! ITS NOT A SPECIAL DAY!! ITS A DAY LIKE ANY OTHER! NO EXCUSES!!!! :lol:

Xoxo

• toaljasa wrote: »
    LOL I have to keep repeating to myself over and over "I'm not going to touch them I'm saving my nutty bars for tomorrow." Honestly if I really think about why I want to eat them so terribly, it's because I'm emotionally eating, I'm not hungry I'm lonely and bored. I'm going to drink some water and get some fresh air! And hopefully this is the last time I have to post something to distract myself for today. B)

So, how'd you do???!!!

Oh my goodness, I can not tell a lie! I gave into temptation. The truth is I ate them and went in the red. At first I just ate 2 then I went along my way. Then before bed I ate the last 2!! I wanted to wait until today to eat them but I wasn't strong this time. Today I'm trying my best to make my JFT goals again. I'm not letting yesterday's failure get to me today.
  • Yesterday's JFT:
    Stay in the green. (1500 calories) :'(
    Do calisthenics. (20 minutes) :(
    Go to dance class. (24 minutes)✔
    Do running workout. (15 minutes) :(
    Post here when I feel like emotionally eating ✔& :(

JFT:
    Recommit to getting back on track
    Plan each meal
    Stay in the green (1500 calories)
    Do calisthenics (20 minutes)
    Go to dance class (30 minutes)
    Post here when I feel emotionally "hungry"
  • P.s. I really do read everyone's replies and posts, enjoy your company, appreciate your support, and am rooting for you! <3<3<3
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    toaljasa wrote: »
    LOL I have to keep repeating to myself over and over "I'm not going to touch them I'm saving my nutty bars for tomorrow." Honestly if I really think about why I want to eat them so terribly, it's because I'm emotionally eating, I'm not hungry I'm lonely and bored. I'm going to drink some water and get some fresh air! And hopefully this is the last time I have to post something to distract myself for today. B)

So, how'd you do???!!!

Oh my goodness, I can not tell a lie! I gave into temptation. The truth is I ate them and went in the red. At first I just ate 2 then I went along my way. Then before bed I ate the last 2!! I wanted to wait until today to eat them but I wasn't strong this time. Today I'm trying my best to make my JFT goals again. I'm not letting yesterday's failure get to me today.

Well, they are GONE! And now you can move on! And I hope you enjoyed every bite of them ;)
  • toaljasa wrote: »
    toaljasa wrote: »

So, how'd you do???!!!

Well, they are GONE! And now you can move on! And I hope you enjoyed every bite of them ;)

That's true lol, I actually did. :)