JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• MLS1582
    MLS1582 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Well, today was an epic disaster, goals-wise. I had one goal: eat 3 meals. At last count I was somewhere around 5 (assuming that ice cream counts as a meal). On the bright side, I'm feeling a bit better. At least, it's good enough for me to be going back to school tomorrow. I'm hoping the return to routine will help me sort myself out.

JFT - Thursday
    • Do 1 workout video (10 minutes)
    • Do my ab workout (it's like 3 minutes at most)
    • Eat 3 time - FOR REAL!
    • Survive the entire school day & recover from 1.5 days with a SUB - YIKES!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    gnohjbcymujl.jpeg
    This is my downfall when the Grands visit. She always sits beside me and insists on sharing. This time luckily its grapes!
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    OMG you guys. My last post-can you tell I was tired? 10,000 calories a day! I meant 10,000 steps! Good lord. Anyway, it might have been a Freudian slip because I have been eating terribly this week. Really not great. I wasn't even going to post here but I thought, I owe it to my soul sisters to be open when I struggle. Accepting where I am at is the only way I'm going to take steps to get back on track. SO, my pledge for tomorrow is to 1. Get up earlier and 2. Meal prep a healthy breakfast and lunch. I'm done at a reasonable hour, so I am able to cook a good dinner as well. 3. Stay within my calorie limit. These are the habits that got me on a healthy streak, and they are what will keep me healthy long-term. As always, thanks for *listening*
    Loving the kiddo pics! Such cuties!

For today:
    30 minutes exercise :( still fighting this cold!
    Track food and exercise ✅ Didn't want to! Did it anyway.
    5 good groups :(
    Water challenge-80 oz. ✅
    Gratitude: today I am thankful for reminders that acceptance, while uncomfortable, is absolutely necessary for change. Also Great British Bake Off, that show is freakin amazing :)
    Post here for accountability ✅

For tomorrow:
    Follow my pledges above!!!
    30 minutes exercise OR bed an hour early, depending on how this cold is
    Track food and exercise
    5 good groups
    Water challenge-80 oz.
    Daily gratitude
    Post here for accountability
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    JFT, thrus, Sept 5
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on water
    3. do challenges
    4. lunch at a mexican place .... eat wisely!

Challenges:
    April Water
    May 15 min outside
    June Mindfulnes
    July Planning
    August Evening Snack
    September 5 per day

• Snowflake1968
    Options
    Well... Tomorrow is the day... God help my family.
    I don't want pity. My brother is at peace and tomorrow we lay him to rest.
    Then I don't get a break because my oldest daughter Tasha Cherry is in ICU unconscious. My other brother and I prayed and I'm physically exhausted.
    So I won't be doing my routine, in order to conserve a bit of energy for her.🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷
    No worries Ladies... Stay strong, continue to draw from each other and continue the posts of the beautiful babies, funny pets, and creative ways to eat cake... Lol…. Love you bunches💞💞
    Oh yes and I will check in on you.

Hugs to you, no pity but lots of love.
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Stick to food plan :smile:
    - Eat slowly and mindfully :neutral: Still work in progress!
    - Be in the green :neutral: Just over
    - 3 bottles water :smile:
    - No alcohol :smile:
    - 5+ fruit/veg :smile:
    - 45 minute lunch break :smile:
    - Meditate :smile:
    - Duolingo & French book :smile:
    - Finish work by 7pm LATEST :neutral: Just after
    - Lights out by 10.45 :/ Ended up having a long heart to heart with boyfriend and also needed to wind down from stress, think it was about 11.30 in the end

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Make and stick to food plan
    - Eat slowly and mindfully
    - 4 bottles water
    - 5+ fruit/veg
    - Meditate
    - Duolingo & French book
    - Finish work at 6pm latest

@PackerFanInGB You are going to have to keep an eye on me, it has got crazy again! I am determined not to do stupid hours though and need to learn to take it in my stride. Had a heart to heart with my boyfriend and have also read a few pertinent articles lately which have made me think quite a lot - may write more on this when I have a bit more time at the weekend!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Wednesday
    1. AM basic run: 16 laps, aim for <35 min. Feed cats. Shower. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. Find a blog post written in September and comment. Make coffee. Write discussion comments. Draft Week 7. FIELD TRIPS COMING UP!
    3. Class 2-3: Socratic Seminar. Vocabulary. Create character designs? (Make part of character assignment).
    4. Class 4 - Reflection. Socratic Seminar. Project directions.
    5. Parent calls for no prior contact AND for students with INCs and/or other concerns. Review semester plan. What is my purpose for each unit? Sketch out semester block.
    6. Update class websites. Have K use keys to mark student work. Print rubrics for narratives. Grade 3rd narratives. Input grades.
    7. Meeting after school. Call WF about student loan; check on rates. Draft essay. Fold laundry while watching Good Place. Put saag recipe in database. Remove nail polish.
    8. Prep Thu lunch. Chop celery. Keep count of saag portions (7). Meds. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 4:50.

JFT Thursday
    1. AM speed run: 12 laps, timed on even laps 2-10, aim for <1:40. Feed cats. Flexibility sequence. Shower. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. Find a blog post written in September and comment. Make coffee. Write discussion comments. Finish Week 7.
    3. Class 2-3: Type project work. Organize study guides. Create Kahoot account. Figurative Language. Vocabulary. Create character designs? (Make part of character assignment).
    4. Class 4 - Type project work.
    5. Parent calls for no prior contact AND for students with INCs and/or other concerns. Review semester plan. What is my purpose for each unit? Sketch out semester block.
    6. Update class websites. Have K use keys to mark student work. Grade 2nd narratives. Input grades.
    7. QUIZ. Zumba 5:30. Draft essay. Fold laundry while watching Good Place. Put saag recipe in database.
    8. Prep Fri lunch. Chop celery. Keep count of saag portions (7). Meds. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 4:50.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    Today: 185.6

Upcoming to-do:
    1. Develop 5PE mini-unit. Use after JC as a sponge; combine with challenge books. Maybe a comparison with another required text? Have students ask a parent or teacher what the most significant text they studied was, and then create a comparison between their challenge book and that text - which has more value and why? Possibly do the one-sheet as an assessment.
    2. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check on #engchat on Mondays at 7?
    3. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Appt w D 10/22 9:20; McC 10/22 10:15. Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up.
    4. Organize and grade narratives. Update parent group lists with NAMES. Note reply emails.
    5. Check on conference; create seminar proposal. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, creativity, responsibility, optimism - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    6. Return mascara to Walmart with receipt. Go to used bookstore; take bags-of-bags and look for Beauty (McKinley), Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman) and The Prince (tr. Tim Parks).
    7. Put jewelry away. Yikes! Reinforce patches on old pants.
    8. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac.
    9. Make plan for classroom observations; ask other teachers about projects or lessons they feel confident about..
    10. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another.
    11. Convert lesson plans to unit format.
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    Then I don't get a break because my oldest daughter Tasha Cherry is in ICU unconscious. My other brother and I prayed and I'm physically exhausted.
    So I won't be doing my routine, in order to conserve a bit of energy for her.🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷
    No worries Ladies... Stay strong, continue to draw from each other and continue the posts of the beautiful babies, funny pets, and creative ways to eat cake... Lol…. Love you bunches💞💞

Mary, prayers for you, your daughter, and the rest of your family. 💕
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    @maryrobinson40
    Thinking of you for today, I do hope you're okay!

And what's happened to your daughter?! How has she ended up in ICU?

Xxxxxxx
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Options

Hugs to you Mary. We’ll be thinking of you. Remember your online family is here for you through this

• maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    jeschepp wrote: »

Hugs to you Mary. We’ll be thinking of you. Remember your online family is here for you through this

@jeschepp ... Thank you... Check out my Daily Summary What's on your mind? comment to all of you.
    Gotta go get ready. Hugs💝💝🌹
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    Recap W 9/5 ~ Can't believe it's the 5th of Sept. already! Rain showers again this morning prevented dog walk before work & sad dog. Maybe this evening.
    1) Meals & snacks prelogged / stick w/ plan / net calories green / more water! = Net calories -78, sodium -487, sugar -13, fiber & protein good, 14c water ~ I'll take it! :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 15,160 steps, 250+ steps 13/14 & 42 floors :smiley:
    3) Progress on work assignment (no sluffing off) = Sort of... discovered that I had to reset all printer settings for key application I'm using on current project grrr. >:) Finally started back in the groove. :#
    4) After work: mail bday card :smiley: / walk dog weather permitting ~ very cloudy but no rain, very muggy but dew point finally dropped from mid-70s to upper 60s so walked dog 3.52 mi 1:01:29 = happy dog/me & saw 1 bunny :smiley: / to-do's = picked up stool collector at vet's (yippee), decluttered a little, Kitty took nap on my lap :D
    5) Unplug 9:00 :smiley: / FLOSS :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / bed & TV off 10:15 :s on bright side, AC was off at last & windows open (great for sleeping), also I was awake when hubby came home from work and we talked until 1 a.m. <3 (walk dog Th before work)

JFT R 9/6
    1) Finally! Dew point was 51 & comfortable, temps nice & cool to walk dog before work / 3.68 mi 1:01:59 = happy dog :smiley: & happy me :smiley: can't use sunglasses smiley, since sunrise is at least 20 minutes after we leave the house (hate getting up in dark, and it's only going to get worse!) ~ reflective gear needs to come out pretty soon
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged / net calories green / > 12c water
    4) Find most recent weekly weigh-in post & update / same for most recent monthly goals
    5) At work: complete at least 3 samples
    6) Evening: make veg soup for supper now that weather is more seasonable / bake banana zucchini bread / boil eggs / drain rain barrel / look up race packet pick-up info for Fri. / more to-do's?
    7) Unplug 9:30 / floss / retainers / bed & TV off 10:30 (walk dog before work F)
  • mytime6630
    Options

Oh Mary, hugs to you. So much on your plate. I am so very sorry .... I know today will be a hard day for you laying your brother to rest. Even though yes, he is at peace now, it is still so hard. And I am so sorry to hear about your daughter. Prayers for you dear friend. Take good care of you <3
  • mytime6630
    Options

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    Today: 185.6

Great loss!!!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    I'm all caught up! Holy crow, there was a lot of stuff going on while I was MIA! So, here goes my attempt at supporting everyone. :smile:

@Snowflake1968 Your daughter did a nice job with your perm! How do you like it? Is it easier to style? I have only had one perm in my life and my hair turned out like a curly clown wig! I'm sure they are much better than they were way back then though! hahaha! I'm sorry to hear about your MIL. How is she doing? Glad to hear the Calgary guy is going to be coming out to help drum up business, but was sad to hear about your new venture being postponed. :heart: So many good ones in all different venues of entertainment! (I love this show. Can you tell?)

I hope I got everyone! Sorry for taking up an entire page of my own on here, but I have a lot of time on my hands right now! bwahahaha! :innocent::naughty::wink:

Wow you must have had a notebook beside you taking notes as you caught up!
    I actually liked the perm, but I think their perm solution was old or something as one of the other's didn't take at all and mine is almost gone already. It made a serious difference in managing my own natural curls that I may consider getting another one. Before we moved to Alberta my hair was straight, and I used to get perms. We moved here and my hair went curly and I straighten it. I just can't be pleased I guess!

I am very happy to report my MIL got home from the hospital yesterday, we talked to her for about 40 minutes last night and she sounds better than she has sounded for months now. She said she feels much better and was talking about flying out next summer for Kaitlyn's wedding.

I love AGT as well, I am so torn this year on who I want to win. I always console myself that even by appearing on the show the finalists usually end up being successful. This and The Voice are the only two talent type shows that I watch.

Hopefully you are walking without crutches now and still getting some peace!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    jeschepp wrote: »
    OMG you guys. My last post-can you tell I was tired? 10,000 calories a day! I meant 10,000 steps! Good lord. Anyway, it might have been a Freudian slip because I have been eating terribly this week. Really not great. I wasn't even going to post here but I thought, I owe it to my soul sisters to be open when I struggle. Accepting where I am at is the only way I'm going to take steps to get back on track. SO, my pledge for tomorrow is to 1. Get up earlier and 2. Meal prep a healthy breakfast and lunch. I'm done at a reasonable hour, so I am able to cook a good dinner as well. 3. Stay within my calorie limit. These are the habits that got me on a healthy streak, and they are what will keep me healthy long-term. As always, thanks for *listening*
    Loving the kiddo pics! Such cuties!

For today:
    30 minutes exercise :( still fighting this cold!
    Track food and exercise ✅ Didn't want to! Did it anyway.
    5 good groups :(
    Water challenge-80 oz. ✅
    Gratitude: today I am thankful for reminders that acceptance, while uncomfortable, is absolutely necessary for change. Also Great British Bake Off, that show is freakin amazing :)
    Post here for accountability ✅

For tomorrow:
    Follow my pledges above!!!
    30 minutes exercise OR bed an hour early, depending on how this cold is
    Track food and exercise
    5 good groups
    Water challenge-80 oz.
    Daily gratitude
    Post here for accountability

I wondered about your 10K. Good for you for getting the steps in even on days that suck! I very rarely get 10000 steps in even on days I purposely go for a walk. Part of my problem is I track it on my phone and I leave my phone sitting around more than I do LOL I am hoping to buy a Leaf soon.

The accountability to everyone on here has helped me immensely. Even the morning I have to come back and say "No, I didn't achieve that goal" makes me strive harder the next day to reach them. It's nice seeing that this is a struggle for all of us at some points and other days we are very accomplished!

We can do it!
  • sdudley08
    sdudley08 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    This is my first entry. JFT:
    Carb intake of 60 or less. This translates to a lot of veggies for meals :-)
    stretching, planks, etc: 1/2 way done.
    Dance for 45 min: TBD
    Personal Journal entry: 5 min.

I think if I can do these, I'll be happy.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Recap W 9/5 ~ Can't believe it's the 5th of Sept. already! Rain showers again this morning prevented dog walk before work & sad dog. Maybe this evening.
    1) Meals & snacks prelogged / stick w/ plan / net calories green / more water! = Net calories -78, sodium -487, sugar -13, fiber & protein good, 14c water ~ I'll take it! :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 15,160 steps, 250+ steps 13/14 & 42 floors :smiley:
    3) Progress on work assignment (no sluffing off) = Sort of... discovered that I had to reset all printer settings for key application I'm using on current project grrr. >:) Finally started back in the groove. :#
    4) After work: mail bday card :smiley: / walk dog weather permitting ~ very cloudy but no rain, very muggy but dew point finally dropped from mid-70s to upper 60s so walked dog 3.52 mi 1:01:29 = happy dog/me & saw 1 bunny :smiley: / to-do's = picked up stool collector at vet's (yippee), decluttered a little, Kitty took nap on my lap :D
    5) Unplug 9:00 :smiley: / FLOSS :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / bed & TV off 10:15 :s on bright side, AC was off at last & windows open (great for sleeping), also I was awake when hubby came home from work and we talked until 1 a.m. <3 (walk dog Th before work)

JFT R 9/6
    1) Finally! Dew point was 51 & comfortable, temps nice & cool to walk dog before work / 3.68 mi 1:01:59 = happy dog :smiley: & happy me :smiley: can't use sunglasses smiley, since sunrise is at least 20 minutes after we leave the house (hate getting up in dark, and it's only going to get worse!) ~ reflective gear needs to come out pretty soon
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged / net calories green / > 12c water
    4) Find most recent weekly weigh-in post & update / same for most recent monthly goals
    5) At work: complete at least 3 samples
    6) Evening: make veg soup for supper now that weather is more seasonable / bake banana zucchini bread / boil eggs / drain rain barrel / look up race packet pick-up info for Fri. / more to-do's?
    7) Unplug 9:30 / floss / retainers / bed & TV off 10:30 (walk dog before work F)

I was thinking last evening that within another couple weeks I'll have to buy some reflective gear. Do you buy athletic reflective gear or do you just use a safety vest like on construction sites? I'm trying to decide how to go about this. I'll also need something warmer and not sure what to do for that either.