Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    JFT - Wednesday Sept 5
    2L of Water - :)
    Calories in Green by 150 - :/ Only 47
    Outside 15 Minutes - :)
    Only 1 Evening Snack - :/ No, I had another piece of toast after my usual snack. I'm not sure if it's because I"m only eating salad this week for suppers that is making me hungry later or what... need to look into this.
    5 Fruits/Veggies - :)
    Walk - possibly, will be selling today so will have lots of steps in - :) I didn't get a lot of steps in selling yesterday, but I did take a 3K walk. It was late when I got started so I cut it short.
    Write in Journal - :)
    Move every hour at work, reinstate 10 Somethings? - :) I'm saying yes to this because I was on the road I wasn't sitting for more than an hour at a time. I didn't do anything purposeful but did move.
    Yoga or Pilates - NO EXCUSES - >:)>:)>:) UGH!!!!! Why is this so hard for me, I used to love doing these.

JFT - Thursday Sept 6
    2L of Water
    Calories in Green by 150
    Outside 15 Minutes
    Only 1 Evening Snack
    5 Fruits/Veggies
    Walk - possibly, will be selling today so will have lots of steps in
    Write in Journal
    Move every hour at work, reinstate 10 Somethings?
    Yoga or Pilates - NO EXCUSES

Fruits and Veggies
    Sept 1st - 0/5
    Sept 2nd - 3/5
    Sept 3rd - 4/5
    Sept 4 - 5/5
    Sept 5 - 5/5

Had a fairly decent day yesterday, if I heard once I heard 500 times... "if we don't turn this branch around in 2-3 months we will be closing". I finally told him that I didn't know how that would happen and if they wanted to close it they should. I would go out with my head held high as I knew in my heart I did everything I knew how to do to be successful. I pointed out that I had a lot of promises made to me that were never followed through on so I would not feel bad about this.

He called me this morning and told me he talked to the VP and we are going to hire a salesperson to help me out up here. We'll see if it happens or not. I will keep doing what I'm doing in the meantime and be proud of the work that I do. My thought is I was looking for work when I got this job so I can look for work again.

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    JFT R 9/6
    1) Finally! Dew point was 51 & comfortable, temps nice & cool to walk dog before work / 3.68 mi 1:01:59 = happy dog :smiley: & happy me :smiley: can't use sunglasses smiley, since sunrise is at least 20 minutes after we leave the house (hate getting up in dark, and it's only going to get worse!) ~ reflective gear needs to come out pretty soon
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged / net calories green / > 12c water
    4) Find most recent weekly weigh-in post & update / same for most recent monthly goals
    5) At work: complete at least 3 samples
    6) Evening: make veg soup for supper now that weather is more seasonable / bake banana zucchini bread / boil eggs / drain rain barrel / look up race packet pick-up info for Fri. / more to-do's?
    7) Unplug 9:30 / floss / retainers / bed & TV off 10:30 (walk dog before work F)

I actually woke up today at 5:22 a.m. and it was pitch black outside. I thought of you and my daughter (who just started doing yoga class at 5:30 a.m. every morning) and thought "good Lord! I can't even imagine getting up this early to exercise! It's not even light out!" HAHAHAHA! Think maybe I need to change my perspective?

Glad you got to walk this morning though! I love this kind of weather. I'm not one for the "hot" days...high 60's to low 70's is perfect for me. Wish I could get out and take a walk today. It's gorgeous!

Oh, and we had our windows open last night too. Wasn't it awesome? Kink of sucks that we wait all year to be able to have our windows open and let some fresh air in the house and then go right from using the furnace to the A/C! Autumn is my favorite season.

• PackerFanInGB
    Options
    @maryrobinson40 I'm so sorry to hear your daughter is in ICU! You must be worried sick! What a difficult day for you. Sending you prayers for both strength and peace today...along with gentle hugs.
  • MLS1582
    MLS1582 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 I don't use reflective gear. During hunting season I wear an orange vest (from under armor) that's very comfortable. If it's foggy, dusk, or dawn I strap on two headlamps - one on my forehead facing front and one on my chest facing back. I probably look like a ding-a-ling, but an easy to see ding-a-ling. I always worry that by the time headlights reflect off my gear, it will be too late for the driver to avoid me. I should note that I run down an unlined, rural road that does NOT have a posted speed limit.
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options

Wow you must have had a notebook beside you taking notes as you caught up!

I am very happy to report my MIL got home from the hospital yesterday, we talked to her for about 40 minutes last night and she sounds better than she has sounded for months now. She said she feels much better and was talking about flying out next summer for Kaitlyn's wedding.

I love AGT as well, I am so torn this year on who I want to win. I always console myself that even by appearing on the show the finalists usually end up being successful. This and The Voice are the only two talent type shows that I watch.

Hopefully you are walking without crutches now and still getting some peace!

I DID have a notebook! I had over 300 posts to read! I wouldn't normally have time to read through them, but seeing as how I'm stuck in this stupid recliner right now.... :wink:

Glad to hear MIL is home and doing well! Great news!

The Voice is probably my favorite shows and definitely is my favorite talent show. I like Amazing Race and Survivor also (reality shows). :blush:
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    MLS1582 wrote: »
    @Snowflake1968 I don't use reflective gear. During hunting season I wear an orange vest (from under armor) that's very comfortable. If it's foggy, dusk, or dawn I strap on two headlamps - one on my forehead facing front and one on my chest facing back. I probably look like a ding-a-ling, but an easy to see ding-a-ling. I always worry that by the time headlights reflect off my gear, it will be too late for the driver to avoid me. I should note that I run down an unlined, rural road that does NOT have a posted speed limit.

I walk mostly on sidewalks, but there is about 1km that I have to walk on the side of the street without a sidewalk. I was looking at the street lights last night and they don't seem to be as close together in that area and all of my workout clothes right now are black. I grew up in the country we shared a driveway with my grandparents. During hunting season we have to wear the orange vest to just run between houses. People would get up in the woods behind the houses and start shooting in the wrong direction! My brother has since closed the property off to hunters, he only allows friends that he knows knows the area.
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    sdudley08 wrote: »
    This is my first entry. JFT:
    Carb intake of 60 or less. This translates to a lot of veggies for meals :-)
    stretching, planks, etc: 1/2 way done.
    Dance for 45 min: TBD
    Personal Journal entry: 5 min.

I think if I can do these, I'll be happy.

Welcome and good luck on your goals! We’ve got an awesome group here :) Feel free to reach out when you struggle and share the wins too!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,082 Member
    Options
    Do you get soaps (TV soaps not shower soap) in the US? So for us we have Coronation Street, Emmerdale, EastEnders, Hollyoaks? And some others
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Do you get soaps (TV soaps not shower soap) in the US? So for us we have Coronation Street, Emmerdale, EastEnders, Hollyoaks? And some others

Here in Canada we get Coronation Street, it only airs Sunday's though I think. The daily soaps we get from American stations are Young and the Restless, General Hospital. I think most of the others have ended over the years, but I remember growing up from noon to 5 that was all that was on television Canadian and American stations. Morning tv was for children, afternoons for Moms, and evenings for the family or Dads.
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT Wednesday
    1. Don't take peoples crap so seriously :)
    2. Be kind :)
    3. Lots of water :|
    4. Eat enough food! :)
    5. Meds AM and PM :) / >:)
    6. FIND SCALE >:) WHY WHY WHYYYY CANT I DO THIS?!
    7. Unpack 3 boxes :)
    8. Wind down 8:30 - make some sleepy tea and watch tv in living room, avoid screen time in bedroom. >:) Slept in in law apartment to avoid the heat, stayed up til 11:30 :|

JFT Thursday
    1. Log all food
    2. Lots of water
    3. Plan dinner for tomorrow - premade kabobs and twice baked potatoes from the deli counter and some steamed veggies?
    4. Cook dinner at home - eggroll in a bowl with white rice?
    5. Unpack 3 boxes
    6. Add hot tub chems/filters
    7. Meds Am and PM
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    @Bex953172 We get Young & Restless which I started watching when I was 13 years old during summer vacation from school...jeez that's 45 years ago! We used to have All My Children, One Life to Live, General Hospital, Days of Our Life and Bold & Beautiful too. I was a junkie and watched most of them, but most of these aren't on anymore. I think the characters from All My Children and One Life to Live were kind of incorporated into General Hospital and it's now just one show. TMI? LOL

@slittlemeister Thanks for the tip about watching Handmaid's Tale. OMG! I am totally hooked! Just finished Season 1 and am about to start Season 2. Dang....totally unexpected storyline!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,492 Member
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-In = When I'm active I eat back calories. My weaknesses: I love food... my sweet tooth, especially chocolate... portion control... FOMO (Fear of Missing Out). I weigh myself daily and log weekly / posting my Saturday a.m. weigh-in here. [My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.] No goal dates set ~ as long as my trend is downward, I get there when I get there!

Age 60, 5'4.5"
    GW #1: 150 in a livable way = It's. Not. A. Diet.
    GW #2: 145 normal BMI
    UG maintain: 140 - 145 [anything less will be unsustainable]

11/5/15 = 195.0 joined MFP with no real plan except It's. Not. A. Diet.
    1/10/17 = 185.5 clearly not a regular on MFP / joined JFT, best group ever! :smiley:
    5/31/17 = 180.5 two end of month celebrations / committed to posting weekly weigh-in
    06/03 = 177.5
    06/10 = 179.5 pre-10K spaghetti supper night before
    06/17 = 179.5 numerous meals away from home, several occasions w/ alcohol, happy no gain
    06/24 = 178.0 fluctuated during week, but ended ok
    07/01 = 176.0 Yay!!! Achieved June goal to stay <180
    07/08 = 177.5 oops
    07/15 = 176.5
    07/22 = 175.0
    07/29 = 174.0 saw at least one daily w-i below 174
    08/05 = 174.5 dined out for Girls Day Out & ate Dad's cooking & baking
    08/12 = 173.5 scale flirted with even lower numbers on daily weigh-ins
    08/19 = 173.5 had couple of high calorie days
    08/26 = 172.0 kind of a surprise
    09/02/17 = 170.0 Woohoo! Officially overweight, not obese :smiley:
    09/09 = 171.5 backsliding, ack!
    09/16 = 169.5 yay, the middle number is a six!
    09/23 = 168.5 have lots challenges in upcoming week
    09/30 = 167.0 met Sept goal to stay under 170
    10/07 = 166.0
    10/14 = 166.5 dined out 2 days with adult beverages plus wine & cheesecake at spa
    10/21/17 = 166.5 dined out 2 days plus food day in office / no gain is good [joined Just Give Me 10 Days challenge (daily w/i)]
    10/28 = 164.5 very active week & watched CICO / reached October goal of 165
    11/04 = 163.0 wow, really surprised at this, daily fluctuations very up and down this week
    11/11 = 164.5 this is temporary b/c very high sodium yesterday
    11/18 = 162.0 big surprise, especially b/c I weigh myself daily and didn't see this all week
    11/25 = 163.0 no surprise after 2 no-logging-food days (parade day and Thanksgiving), just glad not worse
    12/02 = 161.0 Jingle Bell 5K day / 44:37 chip time & ave. pace 14:22 & very happy!
    12/09/17 = 158.5 surprised to say the least / first time in 10 years my weight is 1-5-anything! :love:
    12/16 = 158.0 no work parties or food days & stuck with CICO
    12/23 = 157.5 no "workouts" but shoveled snow & snowshoed, busy with Christmas preparations
    12/30 = 159.0 Christmas Day no food/beverages logged
    01/06/18 = 159.0 New Year's Eve hubby & I splurged on treats & beverages (at home), and I did not log...totally worth it!
    01/13 = 157.0 big surprise! Yesterday evening, walked in Frenzy on the Fox 5K in 47:26 & pace 15:19. Very happy with my time, wore layers of clothes in 10 degrees & NNW 12 mph wind, fun event.
    01/20 = 156.5
    01/27 = 156.5 maintaining / not a bad thing
    02/03 = sick / no weigh in
    02/10 = 152.5 unhealthy loss due to illness / I know weight will go back up & I'm totally fine with that
    02/17 = 153.0 thrilled with annual physical on 2/15/18: BP 110/68, pulse 64 and BMI 26.14 :star:
    02/24 = 154.0 little out of control last week, but at goal for the month
    03/03 = 155.5 oops / still lower than before I was sick
    03/10 = 153.5 back on track
    03/17 = 152.5
    03/24 = 153.0 evening snacks & two days straight of 8 hr seminars (+ lots of sitting)
    03/31 = 153.5 pre-10K spaghetti supper night before / Badger State Brewing 10K 1:30:28.82 and average pace 14:35 :smiley:
    04/07 = 154.5 ack ~ ate Easter candy most evenings
    04/14 = 153.5 Day 1 of record-setting blizzard ~ yuck! Followed by day 2 of blizzard, then snow day (no work / still shoveling & plowing) on Monday ~ in APRIL ~ yikes! :p
    04/21 = 153.5 after such weird week & daily weight fluctuations, happy to maintain
    04/28 = 152.0
    05/05 = 153.5 kinda stalled three months + feeling hungry more often ~ since w/i 10# of goal, changed MFP setting to lose 1/2 lb. per week & see how it goes
    05/12 = 153.5 ok with this ~ think changing my MFP setting, and having more net calories to play with, is agreeing with me ~ I'm not so hungry all the time
    05/19 = 154.0 drinks (2 margaritas) & dinner w/ BFF night before + enjoyed everything!
    05/26 = 153.0 Health Risk Assessment 5/15/18 ~ BMI 25.6 :star:
    06/02 = 153.0 basically in maintenance for now ~ I'll take it!
    06/09 = 152.5 Bellin Run 10K 1:28:12 split time 45:03 ave. pace 14:12 ~ beat goal of < 1:30 :star:
    06/16 = 152.0
    06/23 = 156.0 end of vacation week & lots of eating out
    06/30 = 155.5
    07/07 = 156.0 post-vacation w/i net calories not. so. much. Ack!
    07/14 = 154.5 prelogging & sticking w/ plan helps
    07/21 = 154.5 Packers 5K 44:50 ave pace 14:26 min/mile ~ beat goal < 45:00 :star:
    07/28 = 157.5 peanut M&M attacks (eek) + dinner out w/ SIL/niece (yum!) + staff luncheon (ick)
    08/03 = 155.5 started Evening Snack Challenge on JFT
    08/11 = 158.0 stressful week (job crap ~ hubby's & my own) >:) , Chinese buffet 1 evening & Feast with the Beasts (so worth it!)
    08/18 = 157.5 saw 156.0 during week ~ evening snack challenge not. so. good.
    08/25 = 156.0 prelogged as much as possible & CICO getting better
    09/01 = 154.5 included Taste on Broadway & office relocation so packing & moving boxes ~ very pleased

“Start by doing what’s necessary, then what’s possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.” Francis of Assisi
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    Today: 185.6

Great loss!!!

Thanks! It's something of a fluctuation - and hey, we're in September, so I need to record my end-of-August weight. I'll look that up when I get home.

@Snowflake1968 - I just use brightly-colored athletic clothing. I feel more confident running on roads in the dark than during the day, to be honest. At least when it's DARK, you don't have people driving without lights.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT R 9/6
    1) Finally! Dew point was 51 & comfortable, temps nice & cool to walk dog before work / 3.68 mi 1:01:59 = happy dog :smiley: & happy me :smiley: can't use sunglasses smiley, since sunrise is at least 20 minutes after we leave the house (hate getting up in dark, and it's only going to get worse!) ~ reflective gear needs to come out pretty soon
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged / net calories green / > 12c water
    4) Find most recent weekly weigh-in post & update / same for most recent monthly goals
    5) At work: complete at least 3 samples
    6) Evening: make veg soup for supper now that weather is more seasonable / bake banana zucchini bread / boil eggs / drain rain barrel / look up race packet pick-up info for Fri. / more to-do's?
    7) Unplug 9:30 / floss / retainers / bed & TV off 10:30 (walk dog before work F)

I actually woke up today at 5:22 a.m. and it was pitch black outside. I thought of you and my daughter (who just started doing yoga class at 5:30 a.m. every morning) and thought "good Lord! I can't even imagine getting up this early to exercise! It's not even light out!" HAHAHAHA! Think maybe I need to change my perspective?

Glad you got to walk this morning though! I love this kind of weather. I'm not one for the "hot" days...high 60's to low 70's is perfect for me. Wish I could get out and take a walk today. It's gorgeous!

Oh, and we had our windows open last night too. Wasn't it awesome? Kink of sucks that we wait all year to be able to have our windows open and let some fresh air in the house and then go right from using the furnace to the A/C! Autumn is my favorite season.

I have to leave before 7:00 because I've got a half-hour commute to school and I'm required to sign in by 7:40 each morning. So I'm always getting up when it's dark out! And I live in the south, so that's really the only time of day it's decent to exercise outside this time of year, IMO. I see some people going for a run when I'm driving home or running errands in the evening and it's in the mid-80s to low 90s and I'm just like... I couldn't manage that!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,492 Member
    Options
    August Goals / Results:
    • Walk dog 5-6x per week = In past five weeks, walked 6x one week & 5x four weeks ~ total 88.71 miles ~ very happy dog B) & happy me B) Finished workplace Wellness Step Challenge on 8/31 but final results have not been posted yet; preliminary list had me in 21st place overall & eligible for a prize. :smiley:
    • Cross-train when weather does not permit walks: home version of weights & circuit training, or Sweaty Betty now that have new tech = No x-training since timed rest days with crap weather / busy schedule :D
    • Rest days: at least one per week but no more than two = One week had 1 rest day, other weeks had 2 rest days. :smile: Nice to "sleep in" some work days. :smiley:
    • Prelog food as often as possible & close MFP food diary every day (even 8/1 BFF bday drinks & dinner ~ have to guesstimate) = Have been prelogging more often & really seems to help me (some days) especially if I walk dog or have wiggle room. Did not close food diary for Feast with the Beasts or Taste on Broadway ~ since these were food & adult beverage samples at social events, I'm fine with this. Closed diary all other Aug. days, good or bad, even happy hour w/ former colleagues. :D
    • Net calories green or w/i 100 on 80% of month (25/31 days) = Yikes! Not so great: Had 15 days net calories green, six days < 150 red, and 10 days over by more than 150 (including days diary not closed). :#
    • Take measurements 8/31 a.m. before work F & log on MFP = Done ~ measurements not changing much but happy with clothes fitting well. Need to x-train. :neutral:
    • Scale goal: re-lose to 154# = Ended month at 154.5 so ok overall :smile:

September Goals:
    • Walk dog 5-6x per week / wear reflective gear & headlamp when necessary
    • City Stadium 5K for Veterans 9/8/18 < 44:30
    • Cross-train when weather does not permit walks: home version of weights & circuit training, Sweaty Betty or other videos, WiiFit
    • Rest days: at least one per week but no more than two
    • Prelog food as often as possible & close MFP diary every day except: middle brother's wedding 9/1 & Labor Day weekend thru 9/3, maybe 9/16 since we're attending Vikings - Packers game (lottery tickets), maybe belated anniversary dinner with hubby (whenever/wherever we finally go)
    • Net calories green or w/i 100 on 80% of month (24/30 days)
    • Take measurements 9/30 Sunday a.m. before church & log on MFP
    • Scale goal: maintain below 153#

Weight loss is not linear ~ at least not for me. The scale is a tool with data. Focus on the process, not the outcome.
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    JFT 9/5/2018:
    • Log every bite, no matter how bad it is. :)
    • Follow-up with surgeon :)
    • September budget :#
    • Turn negative self-talk to positive. :)
    • Drama-free zone... :D
    • PT exercises for hip :)
    • JFT Challenges: April Water :) / May 15 min outside(self-care) :) / June Mindfulness :) / July Preplanning :) / August P.M. Snacking :) / September 5 per day :#3/5
    • Look at "Back to Basics" on Half Size Me :smile:
    • 15 minute digital declutter :)
    • Gratitude journal :/ fell asleep/ Calm App :neutral: / Read :)

Post-op appointment went well. He did more work in my hip than I knew about. It's a bit more involved than I thought originally, but I am allowed to wean off crutches now and start some weight-bearing. It is amazing how excited I am about being able to get my own glass of water! Sounds silly, but it's something I take for granted and I really find myself feeling grateful for the gift of good health and the ability to walk and be independent.

My husband went up north to set up some deer stands. Bowhunting starts next weekend and he's pretty excited. DH, his two sons and one grandson will go together opening weekend. I know many people don't approve of hunting, but just know we are not trophy hunters. Venison is very healthy meat and we take it to the butcher to have it made into hamburger, stew meat, roasts, steaks, bratwurst and sausage.

I plan to ask my DH to move my sewing machine upstairs tomorrow so I can spend some time quilting. It'll have to be short spurts here and there because I can only be seated at the table for short periods of time, but I'll take it. I'm so sick of daytime TV!!!! (Except for the Handmaid's Tale...I'm totally binge watching this one right now.)

Just for Thursday (9/6)
    • Log every bite
    • PT exercises for hip
    • Don't take people's crap so seriously..keep things in perspective and consider the source.
    • Be a No-Drama Mama.
    • September bills/budget
    • Join the "Back to Basics" challenge on HSMC
    • Start "Getting Started for the Final Time" on HSMC
    • 15 minutes of decluttering digital photos
    • Monthly Challenges: April Water / May 15 min selfcare / June Mindfulness / July Preplanning / August PM snacking / September 5 freggies per day
    • Gratitude Journal / Meditation or Inspirational Reading / Read book / lights out 10:30

Have a great day everyone!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    @Bex953172 We get Young & Restless which I started watching when I was 13 years old during summer vacation from school...jeez that's 45 years ago! We used to have All My Children, One Life to Live, General Hospital, Days of Our Life and Bold & Beautiful too. I was a junkie and watched most of them, but most of these aren't on anymore. I think the characters from All My Children and One Life to Live were kind of incorporated into General Hospital and it's now just one show. TMI? LOL

@slittlemeister Thanks for the tip about watching Handmaid's Tale. OMG! I am totally hooked! Just finished Season 1 and am about to start Season 2. Dang....totally unexpected storyline!

LOL I was hooked on Another World and then Texas as a very young child, watched them both continuously into adulthood. I missed the last few months of Another World as we moved and I didn't have a VCR to record it when I worked.
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options

LOL I was hooked on Another World and then Texas as a very young child, watched them both continuously into adulthood. I missed the last few months of Another World as we moved and I didn't have a VCR to record it when I worked.

I remember my mom used to watch Another World! The only person I remember from the show was Rachel... or was that from As the World Turns? :smiley:
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB - yay for weight bearing! It's a start!

Do pickles count as vegetables if they are made of cucumbers?
  • Snowflake1968
    Options

I remember my mom used to watch Another World! The only person I remember from the show was Rachel... or was that from As the World Turns? :smiley:

Rachel was Another World. I thought she was so pretty!