Options

Replies

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    It's been awhile!! Lol!!

Update:
    Baby Noah had his surgery June 8th. The pediatric surgeon's removed his lower right lung lobe and the CCAM lung mass. We stayed in the hospital for 6 days then came home with NO supplemental oxygen needed!!!! Little guy is on the road of recovery!! It's been a long summer but God has been caring for us all through this season. I'm very thankful to all of you who have stayed by my side during this and have been in prayer for our family!! I'm not fully back yet bc our family has decideed to take a nice vacation to the mountains. We leave this weekend and will return July 9th. We're all looking forward to some much needed R&R!! Once we return, I hope to start tackling my health needs, Lol!! Maybe now my body will start recovering :lol:

I know I have months of posts to catch up on but until I can.......Welcome to the new-comers, everyone keep up the hard work (the year is half done!!) and I've missed all you gals :blush:

6/26/18 JFT:

✔Post an update on MFP-JFT

Oh my gosh! What fantastic news! I'm so happy to hear from you and to get such a happy update on baby Noah! Thank God for answered prayers. :heart: What a GREAT goal for today! So glad you can check that one off! :mrgreen:

Have a WONDERFUL trip to the mountains and just let your body, mind and spirit rest...we'll be right here waiting for you! We have missed you! And this news made my day. xoxox
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    S
    5) Leave by 6:15 for spa appt ~ b/c who doesn't need a massage after returning to work from vacation

Bwahahahaha! Love this one! :mrgreen:
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    So, several of us have taken this half way point in the year to restate/reset/begin our goals for the next six months as we change our body, mind, and spirit for the better. This is fantastic. Goals help keep us going and moving and focused.

So, now I want to encourage us to take those goals and write out a specific plan as to how you are going to reach them. Writing them down helps to make them real, and indicates that you are serious about this. Writing down a plan also gives you a reference that you can turn back to as a source of encouragement and to keep you aligned with the goal.
    g4dgzj6aljs9.png

Sometimes our plans have to change, due to them not being realistic, or something in our lives have causes the plan to no longer work. Writing them down allows us to modify them.

And sometimes our deadline (such as this one for six months) has to be modified. Sometimes we reach a goal early and other times we realize our goals was too much for us and we have to modify it.

That does not equal failure. This is a journey. When we are on a trip we have a goal...our destination. And we set a time as to when we are going to reach the place. And then we map out a plan as to which roads we are going to be on, when we will stop for the evening, etc.

As we are driving along we may run into lots of unexpected events that will delay us from reaching our destination: construction, storms, broken down car, an unexpected opportunity to see a sight that you didn't know about. We eventually get there, but we have had to modify our plans, make a detour, and move our goal.

Our life journey is much like this, right? We set out with high hopes to lose 30 pounds in one year. And then...life happens! We are emotionally crunched when a loved one passes; we injure our body which slows down our exercise plans; we become ill, pregnant, divorced, unemployed, or get a new job.

Life is going to happen. The more we are successful with our daily goals the sooner they will become a part of us so that when we have the unexpected happen, and we have to modify a bit, we are strong and empowered to resist.

Here are my goals for the next six months and my plan of Action to achieve them--you certainly don't have to put yours here---I will copy mine and put them some place I can easily find and review...I want to show you that I'm practicing what I'm preaching :)

My goals for the next six months.
    To continue MFP log-in and make it to 365 consecutive days Get on in the morning and enter foods I plan on eating and then adjust accordingly during the day or in the evening.

To continue with JFT Jump on even if it's to quickly list my daily goals.

To continue with my online weight loss program I will do my study before anything else on the computer

To read two more inspirational books/studies Find another book from Nancy Leigh DeMoss and one on fear or on how to rid self of destructional thinking.

To journal Do this just after online study

To continue drinking and mindful eating Being on JFT and online study will help remind me each day. I will get in the habit to ask myself why I am eating this. If it is because I am frustrated, bored, angry, fearful, etc., I purpose to put the food away and go do something else.

To continue to lose weight by keeping my eyes on the process. I will review my goal/plans/vision at the beginning of each month.

To exercise I will walk in the mornings here at home 6 days a week. When I travel I will do a cardio from You Tube.

To not give up that I can be painfree and continue to be proactive. (back and legs) I will increase my icing and stretch after exercising.

To communicate better with my husband and to be kinder I will make sure he understands and hears what I am saying. I will not be emphatic about things but will preface them with a "maybe" or "I suggest" or "you might consider."

To move to 10 pound weights on more exercises I will continually try moving up to greater weights.

To add more creative but healthy recipes to my list I will look at the Eating Well sight once a week for one recipe and will try it tht week.

To continue to make strides to love myself as I love others; to not be consumed with guilt when I mess up I will do this by stopping negative thoughts and replace them with positive ones about myself. I will write down one positive thing about myself each Wednesday on JFT.

To learn to drive a stick shift! Ask Craig to help. I will do this by October 1.

To move onward! I will continue to feed on scripture and other positive messages to keep me hopeful and to give me the strength to resist temptation.

Unless eating a meal, I will close down the kitchen at 830pm. I will set an alarm on Alexa at 8:15 so that if I am hungry or had made room for a snack, I will be sure to eat it prior to 830, if I want to.

We may stall but we won't quit!

Peace and joy!

I love this! Now I have some thinking to do on what goals I want to achieve and make a plan to get there. I think my first goal will be to have them decided on and written down by Sunday July 1!

I was thinking the same thing! I love what @toaljasa did here by making the goals, along with how she's going to get there. I set the same goal as you, @Snowflake1968 , to have it written by July 1st!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,206 Member
    Options
    Holy Cow!!! This thread is so active!!! I had to go back almost 6 pages just to find my post from last nite!!!!!!! But I love it! And you guys are such a inspiration -- such a motivating, wonderful group of friends!!!!

1. getting haircut and colored, so light breakfast :) Did OK with just yogurt, and then hubby had a cooked egg ready for me when I got back
    2. log ALL food :/:/ Another bad day - went to arbys, got 2 cookies, but I ate them both. One was suppose to be for my daughter when she came out . WIll I ever learn, and stop the impulse buying :s Yes, I will. I have to make this a conscience effort, and not bring this crap in the house!
    3. april challenge - 8+ cups of water :/
    4. may challenge - get out for a walk. Since I can't get to the gym in the morning, maybe a afternoon trip to the gym? :/ Storming all nite, and didn't get to the gym this morning since I have a huge water blister on my toe from my tennis shoes
    5. june challene - mindful eating :/
    6. sip on water in the evening. Get back out of that habit of nitetime grazing. :) Going to do this tonite while I sew up more chemo hats.
    7. DO NOT WEIGH myself. Just stay on track :)

JFT, Wed
    1. log all food. GOing out for lunch, but make good choices
    2. april challenge = 8+ cups water
    3. may challenge - GET OUT FOR A WALK! This helps me to make it through the nite without snacking, so get my butt out there, no matter what (unless of course it is lightening)
    4. june challenge - mindful eating. Think before I buy anything ... this is all part of being aware and mindful
    5. sip on water
    6. Work up my 6 month goals for the rest of this year. Yes .... I WILL get off those 10-15 pounds I've been trying to get off since last October!!!

• mytime6630
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    It's been awhile!! Lol!!

Update:
    Baby Noah had his surgery June 8th. The pediatric surgeon's removed his lower right lung lobe and the CCAM lung mass. We stayed in the hospital for 6 days then came home with NO supplemental oxygen needed!!!! Little guy is on the road of recovery!! It's been a long summer but God has been caring for us all through this season. I'm very thankful to all of you who have stayed by my side during this and have been in prayer for our family!! I'm not fully back yet bc our family has decideed to take a nice vacation to the mountains. We leave this weekend and will return July 9th. We're all looking forward to some much needed R&R!! Once we return, I hope to start tackling my health needs, Lol!! Maybe now my body will start recovering :lol:

I know I have months of posts to catch up on but until I can.......Welcome to the new-comers, everyone keep up the hard work (the year is half done!!) and I've missed all you gals :blush:

6/26/18 JFT:

✔Post an update on MFP-JFT

SO happy to hear from you, and SO happy little Noah is doing OK! Thanks so much for keeping up updated! We missed you!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    It’s sooooo sunny today!

[/img]

plvoruu3hpg4.jpg

Beautiful picture Bex!!! You are glowing!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    So, several of us have taken this half way point in the year to restate/reset/begin our goals for the next six months as we change our body, mind, and spirit for the better. This is fantastic. Goals help keep us going and moving and focused.

So, now I want to encourage us to take those goals and write out a specific plan as to how you are going to reach them. Writing them down helps to make them real, and indicates that you are serious about this. Writing down a plan also gives you a reference that you can turn back to as a source of encouragement and to keep you aligned with the goal.

I love all your goals!! This is what I am going to work on tonite, and post tomorrow!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    I cannot believe all the posts, and just don't have time to read through them all..... but I love you guys, and just love how active this thread has become, and how we all encourage each other. We are all going to be successful --- no matter how long it takes --- we are not giving up!! (Nor will we let anyone else give up!)
  • PackerFanInGB
    edited June 2018
    Options
    JFT - Monday June 25
    I just want to say how incredibly blessed I have been feeling lately. My husband and I are getting along better than we have in close to a dozen years. I have a family that I enjoy and that brings me lots of smiles. I have friends that support me and love me just for me. I'm still not where I want to be health wise, but I'm working on it. My financial life is still a mess, but I have food to eat and a roof over my head and we'll get there eventually. I have a job that I'm being pushed out of my comfort zone with and maybe I should fully embrace it as it's God's plan for me to have the financial stability I crave.

Here is my problem, I struggle feeling this happy. I keep waiting for something to go wrong. I don't know why I think that. I guess part of it is how life has happened in the past. The last time I was this happy was 2010, by 2012 life was kicking me over and over and it didn't stop. I am praying, appreciating and showing gratitude so much more because I know how fleeting these happy times can be.

I want all of you to know that you are a huge part of my happiness right now, the encouragement, strength and friendship means so much to me. I love how we give each other ideas, support each other and share stories to help us all learn and grow. Thanks so much!

I wanted to let you know that I can empathize with feeling this way. I was like that for a very long time too. In 2011 I was happier than I'd ever been....then I got a cancer diagnosis and everything fell apart. Surgery, chemotherapy, radiation, more surgery, infections, bald, gained weight, couldn't see the kids because I was sick, had to sell our dream home we had built in the woods, my job got crazy stressful.....on and on and on.

I find myself worrying about everything going to hell again, but now I am able to push those thoughts out as quick as they come in because I now know I cannot control what life is going to throw at me. All I can control is how I react. I'm blessed to have a roof over my head, a fantastic new job, loving family, married to my best friend, still in remission.... All we have is the present moment, and we have to seize each day and and try to stay positive. Gratitude journaling helps me a lot. Every night I write 5 things I'm grateful for that day. Makes me really stop and think! :heart: I also read inspirational books with the Daily Readings, and listen to podcasts. Optimal Daily Living is one of my faves. It's usually less than 10 minutes in length and I like the simple things they talk about. Sending you hugs, my dear friend.
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Thank you! You're so kind!
    I just got back from an hour long walk. I pushed myself too hard yesterday going for an hour and a half then and hour of Zumba. This walk was very low energy, slow. But it's done! Working on the water still. 😊

An hour long walk? Good for you!!! That's 40 minutes longer than mine--no matter if it was fast or slow! YOU DID IT! Way to go!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    So I had an absolutely horrendous morning today! It started out well with some time with my DH but I got to work and my anxiety ratcheted up in insane amount. I was fighting my computer for about two hours as well. It was just rough. My Godmom and I figured out that the anxiety the last few days was probably because of an excess of caffeine and a shortage of water in my system. I ate my lunch at about 12pm(leftover Crockpot Bourbon Chicken) and drank about 2-24oz bottles of water and am feeling much better! I think I am going to have to really watch my water vs coffee intake. We hopefully find out today an end date for our house guests. I have to drive about 1.5 hours away to move out my friends on Sunday. Then store their stuff in an abandoned chicken coop that is on my parents property. Lol. It’s got a few rooms that have locked doors so that will definitely help. I can tell that the DH is really wanting to get the house back to just us. It is a bit rough having 4 people in a small 2 room cabin. But we owe our friend so much that we are definitely willing to put up with it. At least I am. Lol. So yesterday was a bit of a bad food day. I actually went and did laundry but I realized that there is an ice cream parlor across the street so I went and got myself a giant ice cream cone. Lol. I think I am going to have to severely limit that because I could see that turning into a thing. This morning I woke up at like 5am and ended up eating a whole bunch of handfuls of trail mix. I know that this is a downfall for a few of us. It was my DH’s fault though. He left the bag next to the bed…not good! If there is food next to the bed when I go to sleep then the likelihood of me munching in the middle of the night is significantly higher than if there isn’t.

Hannah, honey! How could you not be feeling anxiety with 4 of you living in a 2 room cabin?! I'm sure the caffeine doesn't help, but I can tell you that I have been much more anxious with 2 kids now living with us than I was before be 2nd one joined us.... Deep breaths...this too shall pass! Hugs! :heart:
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Loving all the motivating posts today! So great to see everyone supporting each other.
    @Bex953172 your recommendation to punch the cake had me laughing so hard! I could just picture it. Also, I am a super sweater (I sweat a lot) and for yoga I use grippy yoga gloves I found at a local store. Work great for those last few moves when you've worked up to glistening mode :)

Here's my check in:

House chores :(-curse late work days!
    Finish report at work ✅-crushed it!
    Get to work on time-nope. Argh why is this so difficult!
    30 minutes exercise ✅
    Meet 1200 net calories, counting exercise ✅-doing better at this and it definitely makes a difference in my energy level staying consistent throughout the day!
    Track food and exercise ✅
    Water challenge-80 oz. ✅
    Post here for accountability ✅

For tomorrow:
    House chores
    Start next report at work (only 2 to go to be caught up!)
    Get to work on time-third times a charm?
    30 minutes exercise
    Meet 1200 net calories, counting exercise
    Track food and exercise
    Water challenge-80 oz.
    Post here for accountability
  • PackerFanInGB
    edited June 2018
    Options
    JFT / Monday 6-25
    1. Journal every bite :)
    3. Stay in the Green :( Over by <200 cals
    4. Half my weight in water :)
    5. Eat only my pre-packed lunch and snacks :)
    6. I will NOT eat the candy I brought for a treat in the department today :(I ate about 5 of the Hershey miniatures.
    7. FitBit Goals 6000+ steps :) | 12/12 >250 steps 9/12 hours :) | 30 minutes activity :)27 minutes
    8. Study for my exams tomorrow. :)
    9. Be patient and kind to everyone at work. Do not participate in water cooler gossip--walk away. :)
    10. Podcasts (2), Simple Abundance reading, Dodie Olsteen reading, Gratitude Journal, early bedtime. :):(:(:(:(Studies until wee hours
    11. Organize my sewing table, iron the muslin and cut up some strips, set up Roku on TV in basement. :(See above. Up really late studying

Tiny Goals:
    1. After I finish dinner, I will take a 15 minute walk outside. :smile:
    2. After I take a shower tonight, I will pack tomorrow's lunchbox. :smile:
    3. After I pack tomorrow's lunchbox, I will set out tomorrow's clothes. :smile:
    4. After I set out tomorrow's clothes, I will pre-log tomorrow's breakfast, lunch & snacks in MFP. :)

I wasn't able to log on this morning to post goals. I did not pass either of my certification exams, so I have to retake them next week. I could blame the crap I ate today on that, but I won't....truth is, I just plain felt like eating crap. I tend to do that when I don't get much sleep and have a stressful day. But I know better and did it anyway.

Tomorrow will be better! I didn't do too much damage...just could have made healthier choices. :smile:

Loved reading and catching up on today's posts! What an awesome group!
    Words to live by in 2018: Persistence and determination.

• toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB
    " All I can control is how I react. I'm blessed to have a roof over my head, a fantastic new job, loving family, married to my best friend, still in remission.... All we have is the present moment, and we have to seize each day and and try to stay positive. "

This is lovely. Gratitude and Contentment go hand in hand. Thanks for sharing---the words are a reminder and encourager.

I'm so sorry you didn't pass your tests. Is it something you can study for or just have to go in cold turkey? In any case, you have a marvelously winning attitude about it. No gloom and doom allowed around your hacienda!

You seem to be in a place of peace and joy right now---it's contagious :smiley:
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options

JFT 6/26/18

1. Log what I ate so far and prelog dinner👍
    2. Put clothes away!👌
    3. Do dishes right after dinner!✌️
    4. READ!!!👎I might do a bit right after this!
    5. Shower/Face/Teeth🤘
    I had an awesome night! Got home from work and tidied a bit while waiting for the DH to get home. Made a pretty big dinner for the four of us. I always get a bit nervous because D went to vocational school for culinary and even won an all state competition. I always want to impress him. Lol. I love cooking and the DH is always appreciative though. Lol. I'm going to make D cook for us one night.

We spent the evening just hanging out. The DH and I walked about a mile all together tonight. We took a half mile walk after dinner and another one in the dark. The Moon was so big and bright that we didn't have any problems seeing. The temperature was gorgeous and the sky was crystal clear.

I didn't over eat! I was worried that I was going to have night time munchies but I didn't. I had a frozen fruit pop at about 10 then nothing else but water. I think it was because I was occupied all evening. Now the DH and I are about to go to bed. Lol. I hope everyone has a great night!
  • monstersweetsbyallison
    Options
    JFT / Monday 6-25
    1. Journal every bite :)
    3. Stay in the Green :( Over by <200 cals
    4. Half my weight in water :)
    5. Eat only my pre-packed lunch and snacks :)
    6. I will NOT eat the candy I brought for a treat in the department today :(I ate about 5 of the Hershey miniatures.
    7. FitBit Goals 6000+ steps :) | 12/12 >250 steps 9/12 hours :) | 30 minutes activity :)27 minutes
    8. Study for my exams tomorrow. :)
    9. Be patient and kind to everyone at work. Do not participate in water cooler gossip--walk away. :)
    10. Podcasts (2), Simple Abundance reading, Dodie Olsteen reading, Gratitude Journal, early bedtime. :):(:(:(:(Studies until wee hours
    11. Organize my sewing table, iron the muslin and cut up some strips, set up Roku on TV in basement. :(See above. Up really late studying

Tiny Goals:
    1. After I finish dinner, I will take a 15 minute walk outside. :smile:
    2. After I take a shower tonight, I will pack tomorrow's lunchbox. :smile:
    3. After I pack tomorrow's lunchbox, I will set out tomorrow's clothes. :smile:
    4. After I set out tomorrow's clothes, I will pre-log tomorrow's breakfast, lunch & snacks in MFP. :)

I wasn't able to log on this morning to post goals. I did not pass either of my certification exams, so I have to retake them next week. I could blame the crap I ate today on that, but I won't....truth is, I just plain felt like eating crap. I tend to do that when I don't get much sleep and have a stressful day. But I know better and did it anyway.

Tomorrow will be better! I didn't do too much damage...just could have made healthier choices. :smile:

Loved reading and catching up on today's posts! What an awesome group!
    Words to live by in 2018: Persistence and determination.

I enjoy reading you say "Tomorrow will be better!" I appreciate your positive attitude. It's contagious!! And I like your goals <3
  • monstersweetsbyallison
    Options
    What a great thread!

SW 328
    CW 322
    GW 170
    Dec CW 270

JFT

1. Drink a gallon of water
    2. Do laundry
    3. Catch up on homework
    4. Take all of my vitamins!
    5. Prepare my meals for tomorrow

Thanks and see you all tomorrow!

Good goals!
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Yesterday was a really mixed day. I got in a REALLY bad mood - it was black - for several reasons (row with boyfriend the day before, terrible commute to start the day, criticism from boss about some work, getting really bored at work, etc....).

I couldn't face going to my French class in that mood and decided that what I really wanted to do was go out for dinner with boyfriend, to have a nice evening instead of the horrible one we'd had the day before. So we did. And it cheered me up. And I had a very tasty pie BUT I did not order chips (why would I, when I can just steal a few of his...). AND even though there was a tub of Ben and Jerry's in the freezer and we discussed eating it, I decided not to.

So overall, kind of reasonable?

The day highlighted two things:
    1) I've been trying to do too many things lately and am overwhelmed
    2) I NEED to find a new job this year as mine is just not working for me anymore. BUT I'm not going to do anything about it until after my French assessment (jul 18th) as this falls into the category of 'doing too many things'.

Anyway...

Yesterday's commitments:
    - Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Stick to food plan :/
    - 3 bottles water :neutral: 2.5
    - No alcohol :/
    - 30+ mins lunch break :smile:
    - Duolingo, French podcast, French book :/
    - Stop working at 6pm (to prepare for French) :neutral: Well, I stopped working at 6! Just didn't go to French...

June challenge:

June 10: "I'm on holiday" = chocolate :s
    June 11: Stress = gin, no food :neutral:
    June 12: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 13: 'celebratory' mood + pub + burger/ ice cream :s
    June 14: No emotional eating :smiley:
    June 15: Greed rather than emotions.. :neutral:
    June 16: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 17: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 18: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 19: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 20: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 21: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 22: Greed rather than emotions... :neutral:
    June 23: "F&ck it mood" - pub food/drink :/
    June 24: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 25: grumpy, overworked - two gins :/
    June 26: I guess you could call the pie moderate emotional eating. But actually I'm proud that I just allowed myself a moderate indulgence and then stopped so I'm going to give myself :smile:

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - 3 bottles water
    - No alcohol
    - 30+ mins lunch break
    - French podcast, article, Duolingo, book
    - Stop working at 6pm