JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    👋 Hi Sisters. I want to get to know each of you better. Would you mind answering this question for me?
    *I'm my best me when_______?

Hi Mary,
    I am my best me when I take time aside each day (reading, quilting, a bath, cooking, just sitting).
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    👋 Hi Sisters. I want to get to know each of you better. Would you mind answering this question for me?

Love this! I'm my best me when I am with my family of friends. I have a great support group, though not all nearby, who I can 100% be myself around and am loved and accepted as is. Eternally grateful for them all. <3
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I know I've been away over the weekend, I think I just needed a few days with low commitments to recharge. I also unfortunately made some unhealthy choices over the weekend. I've noticed a pattern where, about once a month I tend to go off my meal plan for a few days and shift back into junky eating. I wonder if it's just something I need? To splurge for a few days to let loose and then kick my butt back into gear? Not sure, but I am happy that my new default is healthy eating and exercise. In the past that was the rarity. Not going to stress over it, just making an observation and I made sure to log all the same. Also, my sleep schedule is going really well! I have struggled with poor sleep habits since I was a CHILD, and somehow it's fitting into place. Somehow it's easier to add another healthy habit once you have a good foundation. Hoping this sticks-week two now!

For today:
    30 minutes exercise ✅
    Track food and exercise ✅
    5 good groups :( missed a few veggies...
    Water challenge ✅
    Gratitude: today I am thankful for unexpected cancellations that allowed me to catch up on paperwork
    Sleep log: bed at 9:45, up at 6
    Post here for accountability ✅

For tomorrow:
    30 minutes exercise
    Track food and exercise
    5 good groups
    Water challenge-80 oz.
    Daily gratitude
    Sleep log
    Post here for accountability
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Marvelous Monday!
    HOPING NO ONE IS DEALING WITH FLOODING? Be safe💝

JFT
    START MY DAY DRINKING WATER...👏😁 totalled 64oz. easily today!
    READ MY BIBLE
    15 minute morning workoutworkout.. 😁 Did more.
    Take meds.. 😁
    Eat wellwell.. 😁 and I didn't overeat!
    Go to bed early... 😑 will try harder

The weather won't allow for outside activities, so I'm making the most of being inside.

• bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I've been struggling with my JFTs lately in actually getting on here to write them up. I am still working on this and coming on to read. So...

JFT Tues
    1. Water
    2. Work
    3. Dinner with brother in law
    4. Brush and floss
    5. Bed by 10:30

Have a good night all. Sweet dreams <3
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,210 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    @mytime6630 don't think I didn't notice you sneaking off! Where you at? Get your butt back on here and start doing some goals!

Ha -- your some mean diet coach!!!! Yes, I have been naughty .... and sneaking off posting my goals. I know, I know, time to get back with it. But ... I do have some good excuses. Want to hear them??? Well, there really are NO good excuses, is there!! . SO I best get back on here with you guys posting I guess. (This is after I ate I think 2 chocolate hostess cup cakes tonite!) !

We are getting ready to leave friday for my hubbys 50th HS reunion. Then the next week I have a colonoscopy (Ya, you young ones that have probably never had one of these! I am the lucky one that gets to have one every 3 years!). So that day, I will record my weight LOL!!! Anyhow, after that, my 2 high school girlfriends are coming for a long weekend. So ... my excuses are .. that I've been working my butt off trying to clean and organize our house, working in the yard to try and make it look nicer, and just being, what, lazy with my weight loss and goals.

SO back to posting. ... at least until thursday when we leave. Then I will miss a few days ... but I promise ... I will be back posting!

But I do have to say, I get SO far behind on reading all the posts, and then I feel bad when I just don't have the time to respond to so many of you. I am so proud and happy that we have so many new posters, and such a active thread!

SO my goals for tomorrow
    1. log my food -- I have not done this in like 2 weeks
    2. get back on track!!!! (THanks Diet Coach @Bex!)!!!
    3. concentrate on water ---
    4. do all the challenges: Water, walking, mindful eating, nite time snacking, 5 veggies a day
    5. read back at all the posts I have been missing out on by not getting on here!

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,210 Member
    Options
    I am SO far behind with all the posts! I find that if I don't post in the evenings, I just don't get on here during the day. Evenings are better for me, so I am going to try and make a better effort at getting on here. Thanks Bex for missing me <3

@bcTRAI -- I am also struggling with getting on here and posting any goals. Sometimes life gets so exhausting, and so many things to do, and if I don't post in the evening, it just does not happen. But that is the reason for this thread --- it is to help us all to keep on track, and keep on trying. If it was easy, if we all had great days all the time, there would be no need for a thread like this. this is why I love it so much . I do find myself overwhelmed at times because it is such a active thread, and I feel bad that I can't read all the posts and respond to so many, but I think each of us can contribute in any way we can ... even just coming and posting our goals. So happy to see you back, and I hope tomorrow is a great day for you!.

maryrobinson40 wrote: »
    Hi Sisters. I want to get to know each of you better. Would you mind answering this question for me?

I'm my best me when I am able to get a good nites sleep!! I have a lot of trouble sleeping ... many nites I am still awake at 3 or 4 am. I think this is normal as we get older (at least this is what my doctor tells us!), but I refuse to start sleeping pills. When I am tired, I tend to want to overeat, I don't accomplish nearly as much in the day, and this always frustrates me. But this is a great question... and something to really think about! .

@Snowflake1968 --- You are doing great on the sept challenge -- the 5+ veggies. I need to start doing that better. I know my numbers would be the same.... makes me realize just looking at yours that somedays it is hard to get in the servings of veggies. Well, we have half the month left, so I best start doing this challenge!

@maryrobinson40 -- I hope your daughter is doing OK? I think about all you have been through, and hope you are doing OK, and the storm did not cause too much damage.

@PackerFanInGB - hope you are feeling better after your surgery?

@Bex953172 -- whats this ... you've been ill? I hope you are feeling much better!

I know I can't possibly read and catch up with all thats happening ... I think I am like 12 pages back! But I am going to try and get on here more often ..... make that one of my goals!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,079 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    @mytime6630 don't think I didn't notice you sneaking off! Where you at? Get your butt back on here and start doing some goals!

Ha -- your some mean diet coach!!!! Yes, I have been naughty .... and sneaking off posting my goals. I know, I know, time to get back with it. But ... I do have some good excuses. Want to hear them??? Well, there really are NO good excuses, is there!! . SO I best get back on here with you guys posting I guess. (This is after I ate I think 2 chocolate hostess cup cakes tonite!) !

We are getting ready to leave friday for my hubbys 50th HS reunion. Then the next week I have a colonoscopy (Ya, you young ones that have probably never had one of these! I am the lucky one that gets to have one every 3 years!). So that day, I will record my weight LOL!!! Anyhow, after that, my 2 high school girlfriends are coming for a long weekend. So ... my excuses are .. that I've been working my butt off trying to clean and organize our house, working in the yard to try and make it look nicer, and just being, what, lazy with my weight loss and goals.

SO back to posting. ... at least until thursday when we leave. Then I will miss a few days ... but I promise ... I will be back posting!

But I do have to say, I get SO far behind on reading all the posts, and then I feel bad when I just don't have the time to respond to so many of you. I am so proud and happy that we have so many new posters, and such a active thread!

SO my goals for tomorrow
    1. log my food -- I have not done this in like 2 weeks
    2. get back on track!!!! (THanks Diet Coach @Bex!)!!!
    3. concentrate on water ---
    4. do all the challenges: Water, walking, mindful eating, nite time snacking, 5 veggies a day
    5. read back at all the posts I have been missing out on by not getting on here!

Haha I was only joking with you, just wanted to make sure you were okay!

Unfortunately I DO know what a colonoscopy is but have never needed one. But errr... Good luck with that one? LOL
    I'm sure my time will come one day LOL

Sounds like you've been super busy!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Monday
    1. AM easy run: 12 laps, aim for <35 m. Feed cats. Flexibility routine. Shower. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item. PACK SHOES.
    2. Review Week 8 plans and submit. Make coffee. Review week 5 essay. Write discussion post. Upload music.
    3. Class 2-3: Challenge book.
    4. Class 4 - Research.
    5. Parent calls for no prior contact AND for students with INCs and/or other concerns. Review semester plan. What is my purpose for each unit? Sketch out semester block.
    6. Update class websites. Write blog post.
    7. Strength 4:30. Zumba 5:30. Muse workshop. Engchat at 7 PM on twitter. Put Plated recipe in database.
    8. Prep Tue lunch. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 4:50. AM MEETING TUESDAY.

JFT Tuesday
    1. AM speed run: 12 laps, aim for <25 m. Feed cats. Flexibility routine. Shower. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item. AM MEETING.
    2. Write discussion comments. Write blog comments. FIX LESSON PLANS. Preview week 9. Send in mission support requests for students with significant missing work and/or absences.
    3. Class 2-3: Movie / catchup day.
    4. Class 4 - Research.
    5. Parent calls for no prior contact AND for students with INCs and/or other concerns. Review semester plan. What is my purpose for each unit? Sketch out semester block.
    6. Update class websites. Write blog post.
    7. Zumba 5:30. Final exam? Put Plated recipe in database. Put 'pack shoes' on Wednesday JFT.
    8. Prep Wed lunch. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 4:50.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    August 2018: 187.4
    Today: 185.2

Upcoming to-do:
    1. Develop 5PE mini-unit. Use after JC as a sponge; combine with challenge books. Maybe a comparison with another required text? Have students ask a parent or teacher what the most significant text they studied was, and then create a comparison between their challenge book and that text - which has more value and why? Possibly do the one-sheet as an assessment.
    2. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check on #engchat on Mondays at 7?
    3. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Appt w D 10/22 9:20; McC 10/22 10:15. Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up.
    4. Organize and grade narratives. Update parent group lists with NAMES. Note reply emails.
    5. Check on conference; follow up on seminar proposal. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, creativity, responsibility, optimism - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    6. Return mascara to Walmart with receipt. Go to used bookstore; take bags-of-bags and look for Beauty (McKinley), Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman) and The Prince (tr. Tim Parks).
    7. Put jewelry away. Yikes! Reinforce patches on old pants.
    8. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac.
    9. Make plan for classroom observations; ask other teachers about projects or lessons they feel confident about.
    10. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another.
    11. Convert lesson plans to unit format.
    12. Design minibuttons with school logo, mascot, crest.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,762 Member
    Options
    @maryrobinson40 I'm my best me when I've had enough sleep! (and when I consistently take my meds) when I don't get enough sleep I'm pretty foul tempered and when I don't take my meds I'm a psycho-b!tch LOL

What make you the best you?

@Bex953172 ..I'm my best me when I'm rested, helping, after good sex... Lol… which hasn't been for years...won't say how many, but let's say if it happens again, I'm making sure we both have oxygen.
    And that's for real sisters.😂

Oh I laughed out loud at that one, but it's true for a lot of people I bet LOL
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    I've been struggling with my JFTs lately in actually getting on here to write them up. I am still working on this and coming on to read. So...

JFT Tues
    1. Water
    2. Work
    3. Dinner with brother in law
    4. Brush and floss
    5. Bed by 10:30

Have a good night all. Sweet dreams <3

I think still following them when not written is better than writing them and not sticking to them, which is what I seem to be doing lately!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,489 Member
    Options
    Recap M 9/17
    1) Walked dog before work 3.56 mi 1:00:50 / NO stretching b/c I collected garbage for tonight = happy dog :smiley: & happy me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 14,707 steps, 250+ steps 13/14 (evening presentation mostly a waste of time) & 42 floors :smiley:
    3) Usual breakfast, lunch & snacks prelogged / not sure about supper & I've just been asked to drive a consultant (who I know well) to his hotel after work before I attend a speaker about anxiety relief an hour later / net calories green / 12c water = Supper was a bust... planned on picking up salad w/ grilled chicken at McD's drive-thru, except line was horrendous & I had to be somewhere in under an hour. So I went next door to Hardee's drive-thru and ordered burger & fries, at least I ordered small & did not drink the soda from the combo. But then ate 1 choc chip banana bar to satisfy my sweet tooth. Net calories -216, sodium -1,450 (yikes!), sugar -11, fiber good, protein low, 12 water :(
    4) Prep lunch for T b/c webinar is 12 - 1pm :smiley: / boil eggs :smiley: / 1 more to-do :smiley: put away clean dishes & decluttered a bit, then dozed in family room :D
    5) Find last weekly w-i post & update :smiley: had to update 2 Sat. weigh-in's
    6) Unplug 9:00 :smiley: / FLOSS :o:s must DO this! / RETAINERS :smiley: / alarm on, bed & TV off 10:20 :neutral: maybe 10:30? (walk dog before work T weather permitting)

JFT T 9/18 gloomy day, scattered showers predicted
    1) Walked dog before work 3.53 mi 59:17 / NO stretching again, just forgot = happy dog :smiley: & happy me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work / maybe pace during webinar?
    3) Breakfast, lunch & snacks prelogged / supper will be either: baked salmon & roasted Brussels sprouts, or ground turkey recipe & fresh green beans / net calories green / > 12c water
    4) Evening: Get something done around house!
    5) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS REALLY / retainers / alarm on, in bed & TV off 10:20 (walk dog before work W weather permitting & remember to stretch!)
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    MLS1582 wrote: »
    After not checking in for the weekend, the posts are a bit overwhelming! I will be going back to catch up at some point. For now, my birthday weekend went well. The house is soggy from humidity, but not flooded. We lost power for a bit Sun evening, but not long. (I was shockingly impressed with how quickly our co-op got our power back on - it was off for less than an hour!).
    I DID LOG EVERYTHING!!! for the whole weekend!
    It was 2300-3000 calories each day, but I logged it! (I had birthday cake, birthday pizza, birthday ice cream, birthday thai food, birthday muffins. It was a weekend-long celebration! :wink:
    School was cancelled Monday because of the storm, so I counted it as part of the weekend.

JFT - Tuesday
    1. Log everything
    2. Have that total less than 1800 calories
    3. Post at the end of the day

Happy belated birthday! It seems we celebrated together. I overate all weekend long as well.
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY Monday, 9/17/18
    1) Log all my food for the day :)
    2) Stay "in the green" with my calories :)
    3) Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake :/
    4) Drink 8 glasses of water before having Diet Coke :/
    5) Go to the gym :)
    6) Work on orders from my shop :)
    7) Bring son to his appointment :)

JFT Tuesday, 9/18/18
    1) Log all my food for the day
    2) Stay as close as I can to "in the green" with my calories
    3) Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake
    4) Drink 8 glasses of water before having Diet Coke
    5) Work on orders from my shop
    7) Bring husband to hospital for hernia surgery