JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Greetings, MFP friends, and folks who have joined since I've been away. Goodness! This is a happenin' place! I love it!

I'm not going to try and catch up---
    @PackerFanInGB were you supposed to have surgery?
    @mytime6630 Is there a challenge for the month?

I haven't logged my food for a month or more. Started back today. I was at 152 July 1 and today weighed 153 so I haven't lost any. It's time to kick it back into gear.

Peace and Joy!

Just For Today:
    Log my food
    Work on Faith in Action Bible Study
    Drink 6 cups water
    Weight train and aerobics
    Take every bite captive
    Be intentionally grateful!
    0a5nnhbpynfs.png

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,763 Member
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    Greetings, MFP friends, and folks who have joined since I've been away. Goodness! This is a happenin' place! I love it!

I'm not going to try and catch up---
    @PackerFanInGB did you supposed to have surgery?
    @mytime6630 Is there a challenge for the month?

I haven't logged my food for a month or more. Started back today. I was at 152 July 1 and today weighed 153 so I haven't lost any. It's time to kick it back into gear.

Peace and Joy!

Just For Today:
    Log my food
    Work on Faith in Action Bible Study
    Drink 6 cups water
    Weight train and aerobics
    Take every bite captive
    Be intentionally grateful!
    0a5nnhbpynfs.png

Welcome back!!!! - The September challenge is 5 servings of fruits/veggies per day.
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    I've been struggling with my JFTs lately in actually getting on here to write them up. I am still working on this and coming on to read. So...

JFT Tues
    1. Water
    2. Work
    3. Dinner with brother in law
    4. Brush and floss
    5. Bed by 10:30

Have a good night all. Sweet dreams <3

I really admire your courage in admitting your struggles. When others share it boosts me because I know I’m not the only one! Nicely done making it on today!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Oops very late posting tonight so super quickly....

Tuesday goals recap
    - morning workout ✅
    - April to September challenges ✅
    - Take pics for letter to neighbours - print at work ✅
    - Collect car at lunchtime ✅
    - Hot yoga after work ✅
    - Girls hair wash post swimming ✅
    - Online grocery shop ✅

Wednesday goals
    - morning workout
    - April to September challenges
    - Check and post letter
    - Meeting at 9am new parent
    - Finish display, finalise groupings
    - Email J
    - Meeting with M mother after school
    - Batch cooking for sis in evening
    - Early night

Catch up with you all properly in the morning x

• royalty819
    royalty819 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    royalty819 wrote: »
    It's funny because "Just for today" is such a positive group and I love it!
    But let me tell you guys the way I have abused our friend "just for today"

It started just after midnight with three pieces of that Italian papa johns pizza. And a piece or two of extra pizza crust. (Pizza crust is life, btw) after all, it's only JUST FOR TODAY. I'm here to enjoy myself.

go to bed...wake up 7 am...eat 3-4 more pieces of leftover pizza crust....I've really got to get it together.

Now its 12 pm...10 chicken nuggets, a large fry, and a minute made fruit punch later...I get to the house and eat cocoa krispies with chocolate milk and whipped cream...yes, you read that right...I tell myself "just for today I'll eat whatever. JUST FOR TODAY I'll eat like a fatty McFatterton."

Then a penut butter and jelly uncrustable and a nutrigrain bar....

It's Okay, if it was truly "just for today"
    But It was also just for Saturday
    And just for Sunday,

I did good monday...but then it was just for today.

Please Lord, don't let "just for today" turn into "just for tomorrow"

For those of you who dont know, I was 225 pounds just 4 years ago. I lost the weight by mid 2015 and have kept it off. But this past summer i have gained 30 pounds...and it seems like Ive lost control...just for today, just for last Saturday, just last month. Im going through something I dont know what it is. I hope I figure it out before this scale goes any more upward.

Thank you for listening😥 😢 😖

Oh man I know what you're talking about!
    Just for today can swing both ways!
    Maybe be honest with yourself, maybe you have lost control partially. Or maybe not even control, you've just lost your discipline!
    What I didn't realise (as of a few weeks ago) is when you leave home you have to parent yourself. So atm I tell me kids "go tidy your room" stop winding up the dog" and "no you're not having sweets for breakfast" "no you can't have chocolate now but you can have an apple"

You have to do that, to yourself!!

And my kids they don't sit there grumpily eating an apple they're completely fine with it, they might moan a little at first but once they start chomping they're perfectly happy with it.

I mean I learnt that lesson from a YouTube video, that was posted here on MFP!! (Mel Robins TED talk if you're interested)
    Wish my own parents taught me that one lol!

But I do understand, after all you've done amazingly well losing all your weight from 4 years ago and you should give yourself credit for that every day!! So you deserve a treat right? But thats all it can be, a treat. You have to keep the same healthy lifestyle choices for life to maintain your weight!

You say you've gained 30lbs back, what are you doing about those are you planning on losing them again? That's a pretty achievable goal! And for someone who's lost a lot more you can certainly do it if you wanted to!

I'm glad you posted how you felt! You're not alone lol! But you've recognised your issue and there's your first step in the right direction there!
    Now it's just where you want to go next :)

X

Thank you! Ive been exercising, its just food. I am at war with food. Lol. I do good for anday then screw it up the next ha ha. Thank you. Your words wefe kind but truthful and encouraging! Im definitly going to have to up the dicipline on myself!
  • royalty819
    royalty819 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Just For Tonight.. I'm gonna tell you that your honesty is appreciated.
    Just For Tonight.. I want to lay my hand on your heart and let you know that an unconditional love is here.
    No blame, no judgement, no finger shook at you, no cross eyed looks.
    JUST FOR TONIGHT... RELAX🌹[/quote]

Thank you so much 🌹 ❤ 😌
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I Love You Sisters!!!
    I'm Pleased at How We Share Our Stories.
    Just For Today.. I laughed, Cried, Passed Out And Drooled, Didn't Care that I Couldn't Consume Enough Calories To Log, Asked Why countless times without opening my mouth. Thought about All the things that needed to get done, but the AC is on the fritz so I'm sweating just from trying to type my JFT... Lol…😂
    I Am Content In Whatever State I'm in... That's in the Bible BTW...
    I'm in North Carolina... What State Are You In?... Yes! I'm being a bit facecious(sp)
    I CAN'T FIX YOUR OUCHIES, OOOWEE'S, OR CLOGGED DRAINS, nor your deep hurts, frustrations, mistakes, or pains...
    I'd love to have the power to make wrong things right for you, but then the question comes, Would I be interfering in the things that have been a part of making you? ... the Sisters I Carry in my heart. Because The Bible says that all things worketh together for the good to them that love The Lord, who are the called according to HIS purpose. I can't even explain and I dare not try, the Why's of life. All I can do is be true to you and cover you in my prayers each night. We're all striving to get somewhere that we say we'll be comfortable with... I want to love you as you are to the depth of my core right now! In each moment.. When I get on here.. I'm loving: YOUR INNER BEAUTY, THE REAL YOU! THE SASSY, SNAZZY, WITTY, BLUNT, GUSHY, WHIMSICAL, STRONG, INTELLIGENT, BREATH TAKINGLY, COMPLEX, EXCITING, FASCINATINGLY BEAUTIFUL YOU!! I LOVE YOU whether it's one pound down or your bathroom scale is stupid.. I love each of you! The persons you are. The wonders that you are.
    GOOD NIGHT SWEETHEART,🎶 WELL IT'S TIME TO GOOO.
    GOOD NIGHT SWEETHEART GOOD NIGHT☺
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    jeschepp wrote: »
    The fast food cravings were strong with this one tonight! I literally had decided I was going to Arby's when I paused in my work parking lot. I was torn 50/50 between fast food and going home and cooking. I was frozen, and then my hand clicked the turn signal for home. I was honestly a bit shocked, because a few months ago I would have had ZERO self control. I am constantly amazed at how the momentum of healthy habits goes both ways. I came home and "treated" myself to my homemade eggs benedict, in a lighter version. I went over by 60 calories, but I am so OK with that. If I had swung through Arby's I would be way over, and not nearly as satisfied.

That reminded me of one of my favorite quotes:

Sacrifice is giving up something good for something better.

Your sacrifice this evening has led to no guilt, no bloated stomach, no extra pound to work off. It led to making it further along on your journey, satisfaction, a victorious feeling of winning, and an opportunity to encourage the rest of us by your actions. WAY TO GO!!!

Peace and joy!
  • MLS1582
    MLS1582 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Today was my first day back on track after my very happy birthday weekend. I've been back to tracking for such a short time, that coming back to healthy habits was hard today, so I pulled out my trusty mantra, "Just don't think about it." Once I was done eating for the day, I wanted to keep going- to snack and splurge and treat- SO BAD. Decision fatigue is a big challenge for me. I can decide not to eat the chocolate once, but the 5th (or 50th) time I face the decision I cave and I eat. For me, I know the trick is to just don't think about it. I have to make the decision not to eat it once and WALK AWAY. If I can keep myself busy and not think about it until bed time, when I wake up in the morning the urge will be gone, and I know I'll feel so good about staying on track.
    So that's what I did tonight.

JFT - Tuesday
    1. I logged all my food.
    2. I ended the day at 1290 calories.
    3. I'm posting here and going to bed.

@Snowflake1968 HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,210 Member
    Options

@mytime6630 - I saw you mentioned that I was doing well on the Fruits and Veggies. Thank you for this challenge. I can't believe how little I eat and how hard it can be for me to get them in. One problem right now is I need groceries in the house. I slacked off buying last week knowing that I was going to be without a fridge for a few hours. I now need to wait for payday because I spent most of my grocery budget on new decorations for my newly painted bathroom. Oh well, we aren't starving just eating less healthy. I also wanted to mention to you about your sleeping problem. Both of my girls suffer terribly from insomnia, have since they were very young. My eldest daughter had someone lend her a weighted blanket to try for a night. She went to sleep right away and slept for 8 hours straight for the first time in years. She actually just made one for herself. It was her first adult size quilt. She bought the beads to put in it at a local store. She said it was about half the price of buying one in store. It would probably be even cheaper for someone that already has material and knows how to quilt. She bought way too much fabric. She is not happy with her stitching, but for a first attempt I think she did well.
    !

I have made a few weighted quilts .... but I get so hot, so for me that would not work. But thank you for that suggestion. My problem is that I don't let myself unwind enough I think. I ususally sew until hubby comes to bed, and then my body is exhausted, but my mind is still doing stuff. All week it has been that way. Its like I get in a cycle. I'm hoping tonite will be better .... I tried drinking less diet pepsi today also!
  • mytime6630
    edited September 2018
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »

I

We have missed you!!! I figured you were a your goal weight, and had left us :'( So happy to see you back.
    Yes, the Sept challenge was to eat 5 veggies a day. I've not done so well this month with any of the challenges... so may have to repeat this one at some time! But .... we are so happy to see you back!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    MLS1582 wrote: »
    . For me, I know the trick is to just don't think about it. I have to make the decision not to eat it once and WALK AWAY. If I can keep myself busy and not think about it until bed time, when I wake up in the morning the urge will be gone, and I know I'll feel so good about staying on track.
    So that's what I did tonight.

This is a great way to look at this ... just don't think about it. Make the decision not to eat it, and stick with it. I am going to try that tomorrow!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    I Love You Sisters!!!
    I want to love you as you are to the depth of my core right now! In each moment.. When I get on here.. I'm loving: YOUR INNER BEAUTY, THE REAL YOU! THE SASSY, SNAZZY, WITTY, BLUNT, GUSHY, WHIMSICAL, STRONG, INTELLIGENT, BREATH TAKINGLY, COMPLEX, EXCITING, FASCINATINGLY BEAUTIFUL YOU!! I LOVE YOU whether it's one pound down or your bathroom scale is stupid.. I love each of you! The persons you are. The wonders that you are.
    GOOD NIGHT SWEETHEART,🎶 WELL IT'S TIME TO GOOO.
    GOOD NIGHT SWEETHEART GOOD NIGHT☺

You always have the most uplifting posts ... no matter what you have going on in your own life!! Love you also sister!!! And I hope you daughter is doing much better?