JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Oh my word. I'm 140 posts behind. I'll have catch up later, or maybe tomorrow when we are on the road. We are going to visit my dad in Minnesota for a long weekend. It's about an 8 hour drive. I'm happy. I have not seen him in about 5 years. Way overdue.

Since I was on here last, we have had a lot of drama coming at us from all sides, so I've been kind of MIA. But I think of you all every day. Just kind of withdrawing from the world when I'm not at work.

I'll be getting back on track when I return from dad's on Tuesday, but until then my reception is going to be really spotty up there in the northwoods. I plan to do a lot of fishing, relaxing, swimming (he lives on a lake) and unplug from my electronics as much as possible.

I hope you all have a nice weekend and I'll try to catch up on the road tomorrow.

xoxo

Tracie

I'm Mary, haven't been on here long... Safe travels...hugs
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    @maryrobinson40 - LOL that is a funny visual. I understand it though. I have one friend that has lost 60 pounds and he still insists on a fried chicken place every other Tuesday for lunch. My other friend that I met with yesterday has knees that doctors want to replace, she has lost 2 dress sizes, but still lots to go. She at least chose a place that only makes thin crust pizza and had salad choices. I need a walking buddy I think.

I need a walking buddy too... Lol…, if you start from your end coming towards North Carolina, lol… and I start coming towards you... We'll both call a cab and go to a spa and then rent a hotel and put a DND on the door for a week.... LMBO😂😂
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    Hmm, well after my SOS post earlier I didn’t quite keep to my word! But i realised I hadn’t accounted for any exercise so actually had loads of calories to spare. Still feel a bit down though because even though I could “afford” them, the calories were mainly for emotional rather than real hunger. I’m feeling anxious and a bit sad about the girls going away with their dad. :(

Anyway, recap and then onwards
    Thursday goals
    - morning workout ✅
    - April to August challenges ish!
    - Early walk/jog with kids for breakfast and errands ✅
    - Head to my sister to help out with her kids while she recovers from minor surgery ✅
    - Get kids packed for their trip with their dad ✅
    - Eyebrows tan pamper time 1/2 ✅
    - Pack to spend a couple of days with boyfriend this weekend while kids are away ❎
    - Early night ✅

Friday goals
    - stay positive!
    - Morning workout
    - April to August challenges
    - Have a lovely day with the girls
    - Get them to his place for 7pm
    - Rest

Night all x

@Faebert... We're here for you... Hang in there... I do totally understand about the girls going away...hugs
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    @maryrobinson40 - LOL that is a funny visual. I understand it though. I have one friend that has lost 60 pounds and he still insists on a fried chicken place every other Tuesday for lunch. My other friend that I met with yesterday has knees that doctors want to replace, she has lost 2 dress sizes, but still lots to go. She at least chose a place that only makes thin crust pizza and had salad choices. I need a walking buddy I think.

I need a walking buddy too... Lol…, if you start from your end coming towards North Carolina, lol… and I start coming towards you... We'll both call a cab and go to a spa and then rent a hotel and put a DND on the door for a week.... LMBO😂😂

Lol that spa would be needed by the time we got to the middle! It would take a couple weeks of walking, but we would be thin!
  • maryrobinson40
    Options

Lol that spa would be needed by the time we got to the middle! It would take a couple weeks of walking, but we would be thin!

@Snowflake1968...I laughed so hard I snorted... Girl you got me crying... OMG! Too funny
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Thursday
    1. AM run: 18 laps. Feed cats. Shower. Morning meds. Tea! Take lunch.
    2. Breakfast: oatmeal. Check on possibility of conference - MS or DK or TH? Review "how to show you care" prompt.
    3. Revise Week 3 lessons. Print Socratic seminar forms. Check Week 8.
    4. Call D for checkup. Call parents. Update class website. Grade and input homework and reflections.
    5. Write blog post. Begin essay.
    6. 5:30 Zumba. Quiz. Chop more celery. Meds. In bed by 8:45; set alarm for 4:50; devices off by 9:00.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    Today: 182.4

JFT Friday
    1. AM run: 18 laps. Feed cats. Shower. Morning meds. Tea! Take lunch.
    2. Breakfast: oatmeal. Revise Week 3 lessons. Review semester plan. Write essay. Get directions to Zumba pop-up.
    3. Assessment - use cart / Classroom? Hand out rubrics. LOTS of grading to do. Begin seminar proposal. Email Z for ideas/edits. 2 Truths & a Lie.
    4. Call D to confirm checkup. Call parents. Update class website. Grade and input homework and reflections.
    5. Write blog post. QUIZ BEFORE ZUMBA. Finish essay?
    6. 5:30 Zumba. Chop more celery. Meds. In bed by 9:30.

Upcoming to-do:
    1. Check blogroll and follow bloggers on Twitter.
    2. Write next blog post.
    3. Find PDFs. Finish printing. Check lesson plans for Week 3.
    4. Create discussion post comments. Begin week 5 essay.
    5. Check on performance times for AWiT. Check with D about substitute.
    6. Write L8 post.
    7. Call parents. Update class websites.
    8. Check on conference; create seminar proposal.
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    This is so nice...being able to come on here and share, knowing that someone cares about life and living as much as the next person …
    I just found myself taking a breath and smiling.
    You all are just plain GEE GOLLY TERRIFIC💕💕💕
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    This is so nice...being able to come on here and share, knowing that someone cares about life and living as much as the next person …
    I just found myself taking a breath and smiling.
    You all are just plain GEE GOLLY TERRIFIC💕💕💕

You ate quite terrific yourself. ❤️
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,101 Member
    Options
    I'm doing no good again!
    I'm not exercising, I'm not drinking enough and I'm not staying in the green (only around 100ish calories but still) I just don't have the discipline to say NO.

Im.trying to think of the long term goals but I guess i don't believe it will happen!
    I just can't seem to focus enough!

Can someone repost the monthly goals from Apr-Aug? I need to start from scratch!
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    I'm doing no good again!
    I'm not exercising, I'm not drinking enough and I'm not staying in the green (only around 100ish calories but still) I just don't have the discipline to say NO.

Im.trying to think of the long term goals but I guess i don't believe it will happen!

Can someone repost the monthly goals from Apr-Aug? I need to start from scratch!

I'm in a similar boat, and my eating has been dodgy as heck lately. Somehow "just for today" has turned into "just for today I can eat ALL THE FOODS and I'll do better tomorrow." I gutted it out yesterday and stayed under goal, but I really wanted to order Chinese delivery and send my calories right into the stratosphere. Which would be fine except that I've already been way over several times this week and didn't even log them because I was beyond caring.

In other words, BAH!

I need to remember that it's all about my habits and when I slip back into bad ones, it's easier to stay there than to refocus. I don't have a magic answer for either of us Bex (wish I did) but speaking for myself, as long as I'm trying, I'm usually not GAINING weight. I may not be moving in the right direction, but I'm not making it worse either, so trying is always better than not trying.

Good luck, I hope your day goes better!
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's wrapup:

1. Log everything I eat and stay under goal. :)
    2. Drink 6 glasses of water (I've been at 4 for a week now, so I'm going to aim for a 50% bump today.) :)
    3. Grocery shopping at Aldi. :| I literally slept instead. I napped for 6 straight hours without meaning to.
    4. Cook chickpeas for curry tomorrow. :)

Today's commitments to myself:

1. Log everything I eat and stay under goal.
    2. Drink 6 glasses of water.
    3. Make chickpea curry and rice.
    4. Prep lunch for work (whole wheat penne with tomato caper sauce)
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,101 Member
    Options
    Do you mean the challenges? Roughly speaking these were...

Apr -drink at least 8 cups of water
    May - 15 mins activity outside
    June - mindful eating/ avoid emotional eating
    July - pre-log main meals
    Aug - no late night snacking/ set kitchen closed time

Bex I’m off work for the summer hols and at home with the kids so can really relate. The single most effective thing for me is to have lots of good stuff prepped so I don’t even have to think about it. Can you get your partner or parents to cover for half a day and then batch cook a load of tasty but healthy dishes to keep/freeze? Once you’ve got the recipes in your database it’s a doddle to plan and pre-log your day so you don’t even have to make the right decisions and track as you go. It’s all there done for you.

Maybe focus just on the food and once you feel more in a routine build in the exercise? Or the other way round? Just don’t try to do too much at once. You know how they say perfection is the enemy of the good? Hugs x

Thanks so much for your advice, I'm not gonna lie I hate meal prep lol! I ne er store it right, or defrost in time or it goes to waste! However, I could prep my snacks! Like chopping my carrots into batons rather than having to peel and chop when I'm already hungry!
    And thanks for posting the challenges! (that was what I meant lol!)
    I'm going to fast track them and do 2 of them this week and 2 next week to re-enforce the habit!
    I'm doing no good again!

I'm in a similar boat, and my eating has been dodgy as heck lately. Somehow "just for today" has turned into "just for today I can eat ALL THE FOODS and I'll do better tomorrow." I gutted it out yesterday and stayed under goal, but I really wanted to order Chinese delivery and send my calories right into the stratosphere. Which would be fine except that I've already been way over several times this week and didn't even log them because I was beyond caring.

In other words, BAH!

I need to remember that it's all about my habits and when I slip back into bad ones, it's easier to stay there than to refocus. I don't have a magic answer for either of us Bex (wish I did) but speaking for myself, as long as I'm trying, I'm usually not GAINING weight. I may not be moving in the right direction, but I'm not making it worse either, so trying is always better than not trying.

Eugh yes you described it exactly. I've gone from I can do this just for one day!! To "oh well its just one day" but its not when you do it every day LOL!
    Yeah I suppose although it's been slow I am going in the right direction. I reckon if I do good this weekend I'll hopefully dropped a little more!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Recap R 8/9 ~ slept poorly + reset alarm = no walk before work + sad dog :/ And didn't get moving hourly like normal ~ Fitbit 6,969 steps, 250+ steps 9/14 & 27 floors = sad me :(
    1) Meals & snacks prelogged / stick w/ plan / net calories w/i 100 green = Fighting off low spirits over job crap (hubby's and my own) past 10 days... "needed" chocolate in evening after supper and ate Brookside pomegranate dark chocolate, positive I under-estimated cals ~ ack! >:) Net calories -362, sodium -1000 (oh my), sugar -26, fiber & protein good & 14c water :s
    2) Be respectful and attentive during dept. training this morning (very basic, I could teach this, but sadly, skills lacking in mgmt & dept) = Did ok ~ repeat speaker whom I like o:)
    3) Evening at least 2-3 to-do's = One putzy task done, then Kitty napped on me, then I napped on couch until 10:30 p.m. Oops :#
    4) Unplug 9:00 :/ / floss :s / retainers :smiley: / bed & TV off 10:15 :p hahaha ~ see #3 (walk dog before work F)

JFT TGIF 8/10
    1) Walked dog before work & saw 1 bunny / 3.64 mi 1:03:35 / stretched = happy dog B)
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    3) Leftovers day / food prelogged w/ cushion / stick w/ plan & no snacking after supper / net calories green
    4) Evening: even 1 to-do on Fri. is a win
    5) Unplug 9:30 / floss / retainers / bed & TV off 10:30 (farmers market before 8a.m. Sat.)

Evening Snack Challenge ~ my goal to not snack past 9 p.m.
    1. Peanut M&Ms (wanted something sweet) when got home at 9 p.m. + logged
    2. 1 chocolate power muffin before 8:30
    3. 1/4c chicken salad after 9:00 (emotional eating) :s
    4. Peanut M&Ms 9:00
    5. Nothing after supper :star:
    6. Nothing after Feast w/ the Beasts ended at 8pm :p
    7. Late supper after spa/massage appt. & nothing after 8pm :smile:
    8. Nothing after supper :star:
    9. Brookside pomegranate dark chocolate at 8:30pm (down in dumps) :s
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options

Thanks so much for your advice, I'm not gonna lie I hate meal prep lol! I ne er store it right, or defrost in time or it goes to waste! However, I could prep my snacks! Like chopping my carrots into batons rather than having to peel and chop when I'm already hungry!
    I'm going to fast track them and do 2 of them this week and 2 next week to re-enforce the habit!

I know what you mean - it’s a pain in the bum when I’m doing it but i tell myself all that standing, peeling and chopping has to go towards some calorie burn ;-) Re storing it, I buy those take-away style foil cartons pretty cheap and just stack them all in the freezer and take one or two out the night before, if that’s any good to you? Actually do the same with food for the kids - have cartons of bolognese sauce and stuff like that in the freezer for them so I only have to cook pasta quickly at dinner time.

But def go with what works for you. I know when it’s a case of really hungry/hangry, the quicker I can get the healthy choice in the better. So prepped snacks sounds ideal. I loved your list of alternatives too - you have definitely got this! Just need to believe you can x
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Do you mean the challenges? Roughly speaking these were...

Apr -drink at least 8 cups of water
    May - 15 mins activity outside
    June - mindful eating/ avoid emotional eating
    July - pre-log main meals
    Aug - no late night snacking/ set kitchen closed time

Bex I’m off work for the summer hols and at home with the kids so can really relate. The single most effective thing for me is to have lots of good stuff prepped so I don’t even have to think about it. Can you get your partner or parents to cover for half a day and then batch cook a load of tasty but healthy dishes to keep/freeze? Once you’ve got the recipes in your database it’s a doddle to plan and pre-log your day so you don’t even have to make the right decisions and track as you go. It’s all there done for you.

Maybe focus just on the food and once you feel more in a routine build in the exercise? Or the other way round? Just don’t try to do too much at once. You know how they say perfection is the enemy of the good? Hugs x

I'm doing no good again!

In other words, BAH!

Eugh yes you described it exactly. I've gone from I can do this just for one day!! To "oh well its just one day" but its not when you do it every day LOL!
    Yeah I suppose although it's been slow I am going in the right direction. I reckon if I do good this weekend I'll hopefully dropped a little more!

I'm right there with you too. I 100% agree with you Bex about the meal prep. It is just not something I do well at all. I do cut my and clean my vegetables and fruits to have in the fridge to grab but that's about it. I don't enjoy cooking at all, and wouldn't do it if I could get away with it.

I have found it a struggle a lot of days lately and I find the scale moves so slow even when I am behaving that it makes it hard to stay motivated. Maybe when the weather gets a bit cooler, I'll be able to put more of an effort into my walks and exercise. Right now I'm just moseying along.

I have to remind myself that I am not in a race and as long as the scale is moving down, even at a snails pace, it is still moving down. I just need to be patient. Like everything else in my life I want it now though!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT - Thursday August 9
    2L of Water - :) It was so hot I know I drank more than 2L just didn't track it.
    Calories in Green by 150 - :/ 141 but it was because I was actually hungry not just bored
    Outside 15 Minutes - :/ I don't think I made it. I did water the plants and stand outside with hubby for a few admiring them. Just too hot and smoky to be outside too long yesterday.
    Only one Evening Snack - :/ I had 1/2 more than I usually do.
    Write in Journal - :)
    Walk/Swim - :) I went swimming, only stayed 1/2 an hour. I thought most of the kids would be enjoying the outdoor pool or splash park. I was mistaken, way too many kids to enjoy swimming last night. Too many toys in the pool that kept floating over to the lap lane.

JFT - Friday August 10
    2L of Water
    Calories in Green by 150
    Outside 15 Minutes
    Only one Evening Snack
    Walk???
    Write in Journal

It is supposed to be hot again today, not as smoky though, so maybe I'll be able to get a walk in tonight. I would go later but my husband goes to bed early. If I was to fall or needed help there is no way in a million years he would hear the phone to come rescue me.

Going to spend the day with Kaitlyn tomorrow going to an antique store. We still have some items to pick up for her decorations for the wedding. I want to have most of this stuff done by October so we can start thinking about the invitations and all the other expenses that will be coming up. It seemed like such a long time when she set her date back in December. Now we are already less than 11 months away!

There was a shooting in my home province this morning. 4 people have died, 2 of them being police officers. They have the shooter in custody. Such a strange thing to hear about. NB is such an economically depressed province I'm not entirely surprised I guess.

• Snowflake1968
    Options
    I just saw this on another thread. I thought it was appropriate for us here today.

http://physiqonomics.com/8-reasons-calorie-deficit/
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Well apparently I checked in yesterday but didnt post goals! :s:p Silly me - I did good on habits yesterday for the most part, but water struggled a bit so focusing on that today!

JFT Friday
    1. Log all food
    2. Meds AM and PM
    3. Cook dinner at home!!!
    4. Be kind
    5. No spend Friday
    6. Pack ALL WINTER in front hall
    7. Start putting together first night box
    8. Dog walk
  • josephinebowman
    josephinebowman Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    My Friday is about 1/2 over. I had chocolate milk with whipped topping last evening for dinner. But still the calories were not bad given my exercise. Justify, justify. Haven't eaten today-doc says do intermittent fasting? I am taking that to mean I do not have to eat breakfast daily. Have done 2 swim classes and showered. Took pills even if late. Waiting for handsome son to get out of shower and dressed. He said I was handsome and the dog as well. I said we were both female and handsome was not the right word. So SATURDAY looms-there's an 8:30 am water class-I think I can drag us out by then. That's 1. Exercise. 2. Calories must stay under goal. MORE THAN anything, sodium seems way high. I am telling myself the online entries here do not realize I never add salt. How does salsa have 1500 sodium for 1 cup. I don't put salt in salsa. Anyhow, 3. there's laundry still to be done.