JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• michelle1173
    michelle1173 Posts: 158 Member
    Options

Jft 8/7

1. Out of bed by 8:30 (trying to be more realistic this time) 20 min late... Overslept
    2.Continue task list. Get to items I couldn't do and continue the longterm work. Missed one item between yesterday and today
    3. Don't over do time on social media... Still more than I should have
    4. Don't over do it with addictive games.... Didn't do much during the day, but it helped me procrastinate at night
    5. Only eat if hungry.. Pretty much. Since I'm pregnant, I was hungry often.
    6. 15 min exercise yes!

Jft 8/8

1. Don't oversleep. Need to get toddler to daycare.
    2. Continue working on the same longterm projects on previous task list
    3. Don't overdo social media or addictive games
    4. Only eat when hungry
    5. 15, of exercise
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,097 Member
    Options
    Made a bad choice last night for my snack and ended up being over! Nightmare.

Need to work on this, also need to work on my water, I've gone from 8 cups to 4..

I also need to be careful because guess who's weaning! Not so little now! But the little mouthfuls I take will soon add up!
    Caseys also trying to sit up, still topples over though! And we have managed about half a roll lol!
    Really tired today
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Greetings my fellow sojourners!
    I have been out of pocket. Amongst other things, our daughter decided to fly in on Saturday. DH took her to airport this morning at 5:45. We had a great time. She and her dad went sand boarding on the dunes Sunday, and then on Monday, she and I spent the day doing this:

Ally is in the front in a yellow jacket and I'm right behind her in the blue.

ryvkfqrlzgmt.png
  • toaljasa
    Options
    Our youngest son is arriving in about 1.5 weeks. I've got to buckle down and move the scales down...I've just been fluctuating between 151-153 for several weeks...time to dig back in and move it!

JFT:
    Drink 8 cups of water
    Stretch and strength training
    Eat within my boundaries
    Log everything--prelog and then modify
    Quit eating by 830pm
    Complete my Bible study--Slacked off for summer
    Work on quilt projects
    Work on Shutterfly
    Review the book on gratefulness I read last year

Peace and joy, everyone!
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    JFT Monday Recap
    1. Log all food :)
    2. Be kind >:) Oiiioiiioiii. Had a horrible attitude, felt possessed almost -turned into an anxiety attack (which I have not had about a decade)
    3. Lots of water :)
    4. Eat when hungry - stop when full :)
    5. Send back old phone :)
    6. Pick up mosquito magnet at 5 :)
    7. Drop off donate bag at lunch :)
    8. Empty out dressers, toss/donate/keep (Remember, just because you throw away the object does not mean you throw away the memory!) :)<3 And bathroom and closet! Proud of this one - donated another 2 boxes of stuff that I let go as a little therapy last night.

Yesterday afternoon was BAD. We left work and I had an attitude about everything. DH asked if I was okay and I nearly ripped his head off. I felt my quiet little voice deep down inside me saying, "relax - he loves you, he's just concerned, not fault blaming" but louder than my voice was some mean awful nasty thought that everything was awful and he hated me and a ton of other awful noise that I could not shut up. I got to the point where I could not catch my breath and had a complete fit and melt down. I took some kava tincture when I got home and it helped a ton - but holy moly! I forgot how powerless you feel in that situation. Shout out to anyone struggling - you are super heroes. I'm in a better head space than I have been in so long, but stress physically manifests so quickly for me and that was a swift reminder. Back to happy thoughts, sunshine, and good vibes today.

JFT Tuesday
    1. Log all food
    2. Lots of water
    3. Meds AM and PM
    4. Pick up towel order
    5. Drop off donations
    6. Stop at farm for half and half
    7. Make more coffee
    8. Cook dinner at home

@ABJ1014.. You're not the only one to have those moments, but hugs for you recognizing the emotions and coming back to self. Some get in that mode and it lasts for days... It's a thief.. It robs you of energy, time, and power... Kudos on the donations and the positivity!!! Love it! You managed to turn a frown around..☺😀😁😍

Thank you Mary! Love your positivy in this thread! It's nice to meet you! I'm Ali :)
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,798 Member
    Options
    jeschepp wrote: »
    Keeping it short because with this cold I am going to bed EARLY.

For today:
    Take it easy at work ✅
    House chores :(
    30 minutes exercise OR go to bed 1 hour early (depending on how I feel) ✅-about to
    Track food and exercise ✅
    Eat all servings of 5 food groups :(
    Meet 1200-1400 net calories, counting exercise :( splurged on comfort food with feeling cruddy
    Water challenge-80 oz. ✅
    Post here for accountability + sleep hrs. ✅ slept 9 hours last night

For tomorrow:
    Take it easy at work
    House chores
    30 minutes exercise OR go to bed 1 hour early (depending on how I feel)
    Track food and exercise
    Eat all servings of 5 food groups
    Meet 1200-1400 net calories, counting exercise
    Water challenge-80 oz.
    Post here for accountability + sleep hrs.

Feel better soon.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    I have been out of pocket. Amongst other things, our daughter decided to fly in on Saturday. DH took her to airport this morning at 5:45. We had a great time. She and her dad went sand boarding on the dunes Sunday, and then on Monday, she and I spent the day doing this:

ryvkfqrlzgmt.png

That looks like a great way to spend a day with your daughter! I would be petrified.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Made a bad choice last night for my snack and ended up being over! Nightmare.

Need to work on this, also need to work on my water, I've gone from 8 cups to 4..

I also need to be careful because guess who's weaning! Not so little now! But the little mouthfuls I take will soon add up!
    Caseys also trying to sit up, still topples over though! And we have managed about half a roll lol!
    Really tired today

They grow so fast
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Our youngest son is arriving in about 1.5 weeks. I've got to buckle down and move the scales down...I've just been fluctuating between 151-153 for several weeks...time to dig back in and move it!

JFT:
    Drink 8 cups of water
    Eat within my boundaries
    Quit eating by 830pm
    Work on quilt projects
    Work on Shutterfly

Peace and joy, everyone!

What book on gratefulness did you read? I read one this past Winter that really changed my attitude called The Gratitude Diaries.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,097 Member
    Options

JFT:
    Drink 8 cups of water
    Eat within my boundaries
    Quit eating by 830pm
    Work on quilt projects
    Work on Shutterfly

Peace and joy, everyone!

What book on gratefulness did you read? I read one this past Winter that really changed my attitude called The Gratitude Diaries.

Ooo I'm going to have a look! Will I find it on amazon?
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT - Tuesday August 7
    2L of Water - >:) I think I only got 1.5 in.
    Calories in Green by 150 - >:) Chose a Wendy's supper instead of something less calorie dense. Did go for a walk to help a bit, but still in the red by 70
    Outside 15 Minutes - :)
    Only one evening snack - :) Shouldn't have had one then I would have made my 150 Goal, but I was actually hungry
    Write in Journal - >:) I have so much to be grateful for right now and I didn't write it, just lazy.
    Laundry - Maybe, it will depend on temp. - :)
    Walk - also depending on temp. - :) Walked 2.6 kms while I was waiting for the laundry to dry at the laundromat

JFT - Wednesday August 8
    2L of Water
    Calories in Green by 150
    Outside 15 Minutes
    Only on Evening Snack
    Write in Journal
    Walk/Exercise

Managed to get the laundry done last night, I am hoping it is my last trip to the laundromat. The used stacking washer/dryer we bought in the spring is being looked at Friday night. According to Google the problem is a loose wire. I'm hoping it can be fixed easily and I'll be able to do laundry at home.

Tonight should be Grandkid Wednesday but they are away this week. It will be two weeks next Wednesday when we see them. It seems strange. Trying to come up with something to do this weekend, I am enjoying doing things with my husband for the first time in years I don't want it to end.

• AJB1014
    Options
    JFT Tuesday Recap
    2. Lots of water :)
    3. Meds AM and PM :)
    4. Pick up towel order :)
    5. Drop off donations :)
    6. Stop at farm for half and half :)
    7. Make more coffee >:) Had one cup left
    8. Cook dinner at home :)

The heat was brutal yesterday. We grilled chicken thighs for dinner but I just had no appetite - so we saved those for lunch today and had some snacks later in the evening when I was a little hungry. Thought about eating a meal just to eat a meal but I just couldnt stomach it so I had some calorie dense salami and cheese - calories were not bad at days end. I feel better today - good morning with protein shake, packed lunches, and I can cook something for dinner - pigs in a blanket probably. The next few weeks I am on a strict financial diet too. I've been practicing small habits over the past few months; no coffee drive thru except Sunday, no take out for lunch, and only one take out/week at most. I'm going to extend that to no clothes shopping for the next month (at least - trying to hold out for a whole new wardrobe come spring). I also want to stick to a strict(er) grocery budget - we typically spend $100/week for 2 people including all home products too (toilet paper, cleaning supplies, etc) but I think I can realistically get it more towards $75 on the regular with some smarter shopping. I'm realizing that the next few weeks my priorities are going to shift to 1. mental health, 2. finances, and 3. Healthy eating. This is OKAY, this is GOOD, this is preparing! I've been so focused on the healthy eating and I've been lucky and privileged to be able to do so without much hinderance or distraction, and every opportunity to buy what I need to help me along. I will absolutely be continuing with my habits, but I'm trying to be realistic in what to expect in the next few months moving into a new house - being as on point as I have been will probably be hard, so I will NOT beat myself up over it. Trusting the process more than ever now and excited to build more healthy habits in all aspects of life.

JFT Wednesday
    1. Log all food
    2. Lots of water
    3. Meds AM and PM
    4. Purge pantry
    5. Set up packing station
    6. Dog walk
  • AJB1014
    Options

ryvkfqrlzgmt.png

YAAAHOOO!!! So cool! What an inspiration!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,514 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Recap T 8/7
    1) Walked dog before work / 3.18 mi 55:48 / stretched = happy dog :smiley: & happy me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 13,844 steps, 250+ steps 13/14 (spa) & 52 floors :smiley:
    3) Prelog meals & snacks / net calories green = Too funny... net calories green ZERO! :D How did I manage that?!? Sodium -312, sugar -30 (popeye bread, Siggi skyr, fruit, veggies, animal crackers), fiber & protein excellent, 12c water :smiley:
    4) Evening: feed Kitty & dog then leave IMMEDIATELY for spa appt. = Animals fed, did take time for Siggi skyr b/c otherwise my stomach would've been growling on the massage table... still arrived w/ time to spare & relax in lounge :smiley:
    5) Unplug 9:00 :smiley: / FLOSS :D / retainers :smiley: / bed & TV off 10:15 :smiley: (walk dog before work W)

JFT W 8/8
    1) Walked dog before work & saw 1 bunny / 3.67 mi 1:01:24 / stretched = happy dog B) & happy me B)
    2) Meals & snacks prelogged / stick w/ plan / net calories green
    3) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    4) Evening: brew tea / maybe city band concert / at least 1 more to-do
    5) Unplug 9:30 / floss / retainers / bed & TV off 10:15 (walk dog before work Th)

Evening Snack Challenge ~ my goal to not snack past 9 p.m.
    1. Peanut M&Ms (wanted something sweet) when got home at 9 p.m. + logged
    2. 1 chocolate power muffin before 8:30
    3. 1/4c chicken salad after 9:00 (emotional eating) :s
    4. Peanut M&Ms 9:00
    5. Nothing after supper :star:
    6. Nothing after Feast w/ the Beasts ended at 8pm :p
    7. Late supper after spa/massage appt. & nothing after 8pm :smile:

Since I haven't introduced myself in a while: I'm Carmela, 60yo & live in Green Bay, Wis. Love JFT and all the friends / support here ~ helped kick-started my weight-loss for real last year, after trying to go it alone before. My profile is open but food diary is open only to friends.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »

JFT:
    Drink 8 cups of water
    Eat within my boundaries
    Quit eating by 830pm
    Work on quilt projects
    Work on Shutterfly

Peace and joy, everyone!

Ooo I'm going to have a look! Will I find it on amazon?

You should be able to.
  • toaljasa
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 The gratitude book is called Choosing Gratitude: Your Journey to Joy I was very much impacted by it...gave my daughter, dil, and soon to be dil, copies for Christmas. Each one has read it throughout the year and has said it was a worthwhile and life-changing read. The questions after each chapter allow for some soul searching (I thought I was an overall grateful person, but there was so much to learn about it and realizing how far I had to go). But it's easy to get a way from being grateful and that's why I am going back over the underlined sections.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 The gratitude book is called Choosing Gratitude: Your Journey to Joy I was very much impacted by it...gave my daughter, dil, and soon to be dil, copies for Christmas. Each one has read it throughout the year and has said it was a worthwhile and life-changing read. The questions after each chapter allow for some soul searching (I thought I was an overall grateful person, but there was so much to learn about it and realizing how far I had to go). But it's easy to get a way from being grateful and that's why I am going back over the underlined sections.

Thank you, I am going to go buy that this weekend.
  • josephinebowman
    josephinebowman Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    MYTIME- Oh such a beautiful quilt! Can't say I did great yesterday but...I am trying again today.
    Yesterday my thin beef stew said it was about 500 calories a bowl so calories were high. I had to drink water at bedtime because I did not have enough cups. Today so far, I went to 2 classes of water aerobics and made tuna salad minus celery. I will just say it isn't going to happen for the yard and I ate one of the boy's rolls as well as had skim milk chocolate. 400 calories. Sigh. The tuna salad tastes okay-used balsamic vinegar since my apple cider vinegar seems to be hiding. I am going to lounge in bed. Tomorrow-I am going again to the 2 water classes.
    SO 1. Exercise at water classes. 2. Watch calories and especially sugar, carbs, sodium. 3. Take pills. 4. Maybe buy some celery when I get gas for car.
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    JFT Monday Recap
    2. Be kind >:) Oiiioiiioiii. Had a horrible attitude, felt possessed almost -turned into an anxiety attack (which I have not had about a decade)
    3. Lots of water :)
    4. Eat when hungry - stop when full :)
    5. Send back old phone :)
    6. Pick up mosquito magnet at 5 :)
    7. Drop off donate bag at lunch :)
    8. Empty out dressers, toss/donate/keep (Remember, just because you throw away the object does not mean you throw away the memory!) :)<3 And bathroom and closet! Proud of this one - donated another 2 boxes of stuff that I let go as a little therapy last night.

Yesterday afternoon was BAD. We left work and I had an attitude about everything. DH asked if I was okay and I nearly ripped his head off. I felt my quiet little voice deep down inside me saying, "relax - he loves you, he's just concerned, not fault blaming" but louder than my voice was some mean awful nasty thought that everything was awful and he hated me and a ton of other awful noise that I could not shut up. I got to the point where I could not catch my breath and had a complete fit and melt down. I took some kava tincture when I got home and it helped a ton - but holy moly! I forgot how powerless you feel in that situation. Shout out to anyone struggling - you are super heroes. I'm in a better head space than I have been in so long, but stress physically manifests so quickly for me and that was a swift reminder. Back to happy thoughts, sunshine, and good vibes today.

JFT Tuesday
    1. Log all food
    2. Lots of water
    3. Meds AM and PM
    4. Pick up towel order
    5. Drop off donations
    6. Stop at farm for half and half
    7. Make more coffee
    8. Cook dinner at home

@ABJ1014.. You're not the only one to have those moments, but hugs for you recognizing the emotions and coming back to self. Some get in that mode and it lasts for days... It's a thief.. It robs you of energy, time, and power... Kudos on the donations and the positivity!!! Love it! You managed to turn a frown around..☺😀😁😍

Thank you Mary! Love your positivy in this thread! It's nice to meet you! I'm Ali :)

@ABJ1014 Hi Ali... Like that name... Just wanted to let you know you're doing great, even with "life stuff" going on. Personally, you're motivating me to do more. I love how organized you all are on here. I don't have a journal yet, nor do I have a planner. Basically what I've been doing is jotting things on paper and when I'm done, toss it. You use what you got when you're jobless.
    Anyway, I'm proud of you! Have a good evening🌹