JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Hey everyone

Isn't it funny how the habits you think you've gotten rid of have a way of creeping back up on you!
    The biscuit demon is upon me again.
    So as of NOW biscuits are banned. For a minimum of 7 days.
    I may have to write a note on the biscuit cupboard for this...

No new news over here really. Just doing what I do!
    Marleys going to the docs tomorrow.
    For the last two weeks she keeps vomiting, like bringing everything up. With no indication of her being unwell. No fever, no upset tummy, her bowels are fine. Even when she's been sick apart from being upset that she's covered in it she's absolutely fine?
    I wouldn't mind if it had been a few days or even a week but I think 2 weeks and with no indication of it ending (well I can't tell either way) I just think it's worth the trip.
    Although I will speak to the nursery when I drop Saskia off tomorrow, see if any of the other kids are the same and to let them know she won't be in tomorrow, they really love her lol!

Tbh, on top of it all I'm just sick of the washing and scrubbing and mopping.
    She was sick on "daddy's chair" before. Lol they're not supposed to be sat on daddy's chair so I had to clean it quick time!

Anyway ill post goals in the morning. I'll forget them otherwise.
    Oh I've also reduced my meds from 40mg to 20mg (prozac)
    Even though I was still taking them I still felt a bit miserable, but when I forgot to take one I had a really good day and felt good so I'm trialling a reduced dose.
    I've not told the GP but I've done it before with their recommendation so there's no point in me wasting an appointment for someone who really needs it.

Anyway I suppose I should go to bed.

Anyone got any tips for getting yourself to feel sleepy when in bed.
    It's half past midnight and I feel so awake.

I would crochet but I've lost the hook for @PackerFanInGB 's gift (i think it's slipped under a floor board, I can get it but just need to move the whole bed) crappy carpet isn't sealed at the walls so yeah.. It's fell down the side of the bed under the floorboards

Poor Marley, hope it’s nothing serious but I think it’s good you’re taking her in.

I read when every night before bed, some nights longer than others to make me sleepy. Our room is electronic free and that helps.
  • TimeToReduceFat
    TimeToReduceFat Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Monday Status:
    1. Walk for 3 km minimum or start Running challenge - C25K x
    2. Do sudharshana Kriya x
    3. Do not spend more than 30 bucks on food done
    4. Use stevia in tea & coffee x
    5. Be within the calorie limit x
    6. Be mindful of volume of my voice & don’t get annoyed. Be patient. x

It was not a good day yesterday. Felt nauseous & vomited. Probably because of the change of my meds. I am not getting proper sleep as well.

Tuesday JFT (11.12.2018):
    1. Walk for 3 km minimum or start Running challenge - C25K
    2. Do sudharshana Kriya
    4. Use stevia in tea & coffee
    5. Be within the calorie limit
    6. Be mindful of volume of my voice & don’t get annoyed. Be patient.

Things I need to work on gradually:
    1. Be consistent in exercising
    2. Work on saving money
    3. Drink enough water
    4. Reduce sugar in tea & coffee. Use stevia instead
    5. Be within calorie limit & create a deficit
    6. Learn something w.r.t work everyday
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a decent day - did well with eating and exercise, but forgot pretty much everything else on my list! I'm a bit preoccupied with preparing for interview on Friday - once that's over I will get organised again!

Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Be in the green :smile:
    - 4 bottles water :smile:
    - No alcohol :smile:
    - Exercise DVD :smile:

- No eating whilst standing :smile:
    - Savour every bite :smile:
    - Monitor fullness after each meal :/ Forgot
    - Differentiate between hunger, desire and craving :neutral: Didn't really come up
    - Give myself credit! :/ Forgot!

- 30+ minute lunch break :smile:
    - Read Beck Diet Solution :/ Forgot
    - Prepare for interview! :smile:
    - Gratitude journal :/ Forgot!
    - Lights out by 11 :neutral: A little after, not too much though

Today is my department Christmas lunch. I already ordered what I will have, so that is done. But there is lots of danger of over eating/ over drinking afterwards. I want to allow myself to indulge a little, but not too much. I think a lot of this will be about paying attention to my body and whether it needs food as opposed to just wanting it - plus not racking up the alcohol calories!

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Outside lunch, one light morning/ evening snack only
    - 3+ bottles water
    - No wine - beer or G&T only
    - One water for every alcoholic drink

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Monitor fullness after each meal
    - Differentiate between hunger, desire and craving
    - Give myself credit!

- Meditate
    - Read Beck Diet Solution
    - Train home at 9.45 latest (ideally 9.15)
    - Gratitude journal
    - Pack stuff for running

Current calorie balance: 180 in the green
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,091 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    So Marley was sick all night last night.
    After she chucked up for the third time in bed (by this time I had run out of sheets) we went and slept on the sofa together where the sick continued. Armed with a bowl and Wipes lol!

So I'm guessing today some of my goals have to go on the shelf because I need to make sure shes okay. She tried to eat some cereal for breakfast but brought the tiny bit she managed back up. She keeps wanting food but I think I'm right to withhold it for a while..

So my edited goals for today are:

- 8 glasses of water
    - Try and log
    - disinfect her bedroom
    - remove mattress protector and wash
    - wash blankets
    - mop lounge floor with bleach.
    - sterilise the girls drinking bottles
    -

I'm really unsure about the Dr's. It seems to be viral with the way it is now. Yet when I spoke to the nursery today they said she might come out in chicken pox because it's been going around, she's already had it but apparently it's a new strain which the kids aren't immune to.
    Either way, there's nothing they can do, it will have to run its course
    I'm hoping and praying that it snot that because she suffered awfully the first time round but only time will tell.

So I'm gonna spend the next 30 mins chilling out, having a cup of tea and reading the news and then in gonna get on with the washing and disinfecting.
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,951 Member
    Options
    After she chucked up for the third time in bed (by this time I had run out of sheets) we went and slept on the sofa together where the sick continued. Armed with a bowl and Wipes lol!

So I'm guessing today some of my goals have to go on the shelf because I need to make sure shes okay. She tried to eat some cereal for breakfast but brought the tiny bit she managed back up. She keeps wanting food but I think I'm right to withhold it for a while..

- 8 glasses of water
    - Try and log
    - disinfect her bedroom
    - wash blankets
    -

I'm really unsure about the Dr's. It seems to be viral with the way it is now. Yet when I spoke to the nursery today they said she might come out in chicken pox because it's been going around, she's already had it but apparently it's a new strain which the kids aren't immune to.
    I'm hoping and praying that it snot that because she suffered awfully the first time round but only time will tell.

So I'm gonna spend the next 30 mins chilling out, having a cup of tea and reading the news and then in gonna get on with the washing and disinfecting.

You must be exhausted, Bex! 💕

I definitely think you should still take her to the doctor.

Hope Marley is feeling better soon and that you both get some rest! 😃
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Tuesday. Did pretty well yesterday. Had a dinner meeting where there was only pizza available and I stuck to one slice.
    1. Log all food
    2. 150oz water
    3. Eat a healthy dinner
    4. Weights day at the gym
    5. Bed by 9:30
  • chasityhedges
    chasityhedges Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have just found the community section of myfitnesspal and i really like this thread. Im not really sure what in supposed todo but my goals for today are as fallowed:
    1. Stick to my meal plan!!!
    2. Hit the gym
    3. Complete my todo list
    4. Walk the dogs!

Yesterday i returned from vacation where i ate extremely bad and old habits returned. I fasted all day until 8pm which at that time i ate a healthy dinner! So here is to wishing everyone a successful day!!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    SaraKim17 wrote: »

- 8 glasses of water
    - Try and log
    - disinfect her bedroom
    - wash blankets
    -

You must be exhausted, Bex! 💕

I definitely think you should still take her to the doctor.

Hope Marley is feeling better soon and that you both get some rest! 😃

I did take her in the end, she couldn't even hold down water and she was getting more sleepy and her lips were going dry, so I feared she was getting dehydrated (which she probably was) which for anyone is really dangerous.

Anyway she checked her over, one of her ears are really inflamed and her throat looks sore even though she's fine swallowing. So the Dr thought it was an infection still lingering from a cold from before her sickness started.
    So she's on antibiotics for 5 days.

She's managed some juice and a plain biscuit so fingers crossed! 🤞
  • Sofia_Alegria
    Sofia_Alegria Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    RECAP MONDAY 12/10/18
    Stay within my calories >:) Over by 301
    5 Somethings w/bathroom breaks :/ Most of the time. I notice that on the weekends I slack on this and Mondays are hard for me to get back in the habit.
    Drink 90 oz of water :D
    Hit 9000 steps :( I did 7,619. It was just a blah day.

So, I’ve figured out that fasting b/c I’ve overeaten the day before does not work for me in cold weather. I craved sweets all day long and had two pieces of pie after dinner which btw was a good sized portion of seafood chowder so I was actually full and just gave in to the craving. “FAILURE IS JUST SUCCESS IN PROGRESS” That was the quote from the Jessica Smith workout that I did today and it totally resonates with how I’m feeling!

Today, I’m determined to learn from the past couple of days, get the reins back and keep moving forward. Posting early in the morning, even though I feel a little bit guilty about not getting straight to work related things, also helps me focus on my mission so I’ll try to make this a norm from here forward.

An important step for me: I’ve thrown away that ¼ packet of popcorn from yesterday. A big leap forward b/c I hate throwing food away as much as not cleaning my plate.

Ultimately, I’m seeing this journey as a “letting go” of food , unhealthy habits, and things/situations/attachments that don’t contribute to my well-being. I’ve always wanted to exercise FRUGALITY so I guess I’m actually building the foundations for this important stage in my life.

JFT Tuesday, 12/11/18
    Remain in the green
    5 Somethings w/bathroom breaks
    Hit 12, 000 steps

Y'all have a wonderful Tuesday and may the force be with us all. Hugs to all and welcome to the newcomers! <3
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 Hope Marley starts feeling better soon - poor kiddo! And poor mum keeping up with all that washing!
  • AJB1014
    Options
    Monday Status:
    1. Walk for 3 km minimum or start Running challenge - C25K x
    2. Do sudharshana Kriya x
    4. Use stevia in tea & coffee x
    5. Be within the calorie limit x
    6. Be mindful of volume of my voice & don’t get annoyed. Be patient. x

It was not a good day yesterday. Felt nauseous & vomited. Probably because of the change of my meds. I am not getting proper sleep as well.

Tuesday JFT (11.12.2018):
    1. Walk for 3 km minimum or start Running challenge - C25K
    2. Do sudharshana Kriya
    4. Use stevia in tea & coffee
    5. Be within the calorie limit
    6. Be mindful of volume of my voice & don’t get annoyed. Be patient.

Things I need to work on gradually:
    1. Be consistent in exercising
    2. Work on saving money
    3. Drink enough water
    4. Reduce sugar in tea & coffee. Use stevia instead
    5. Be within calorie limit & create a deficit
    6. Learn something w.r.t work everyday

Sorry you are not feeling well - I hope today is a better day for you and your tummy troubles resolve.
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY (Monday, 12/10/18)
    1) Log all my food for the day :s
    2) Drink 8 glasses of water before having a Diet Coke :s
    3) Go to the gym :)
    4) Stay "in the green" with my calorie intake :s

JFT (Tuesday, 12/11/18)
    1) Log all my food for the day
    2) Drink 8 glasses of water before having a Diet Coke
    3) Go to the gym
    4) Stay "in the green" with my calorie intake
  • AJB1014
    Options
    JFT Monday
    1. Focus on the good :)
    2. Be kind :)
    3. Log all food :)
    4. Eat packed lunch :)
    5. Cook dinner at home - leftovers? :)
    6. WATER WATER WATER :)
    7. Make ham and green pepper egg cups - freeze half :)
    8. Bed by 9:30 :)

JFT Tues AM
    1. Wake up 6:15 or first waking :| Woke up at 6 - rolled around til 6:30
    2. Work by 7:30 :| 7:45 getting there!
    3. Fish oil :)
    4. Smoothie :)
    5. Water :)
    6. Elderberry :)

Got out of my own way and made an appointment at a bridal shop to try on some "real" wedding dresses - DH is actually dear fiance, and we've been engaged 2 years but prioritized buying a house before the wedding. Also I think I subconsciously put it off because I didnt like the skin I was in. Anyway, I'm excited to go with my mom on Saturday - we're also going to try some cakes at her friends bakery. I dont even have a date, but we're hoping to do something small and intimate in our yard over the summer. Stressful morning - for a number of very dumb work reasons but I'm going to focus on the good - there's an opportunity for DH this afternoon and I'm crossing my fingers and holding my breath that it will be a good fit and they take him on!

JFT Tuesday
    1. WATER WATER WATER
    2. Eat packed lunch
    3. Prelog and log all food
    4. Cook dinner at home - tacos?
    5. Be kind and patient
    6. Focus on the good!
    7. Fill/Run dishwasher
    8. Load of laundry
    9. Check propane tank(s) levels to order delivery tomorrow
    10. Call doggy daycare for spot tomorrow

JFT Weds AM
    1. Wake 6:15 or first waking
    2. Work by 7:30
    3. Fish Oil
    4. Elderberry
    5. Water
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    @Bex953172 so glad you took her, hopefully in a couple days she’ll be herself again.

@AJB1014 - wedding dress shopping how fun! I know how you feel though about your skin. I am doing the Mother of the bride dress shopping in February and am not near my goal yet.

• Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT - Monday December 10
    2L of water - 🙂
    Calories in Green - 🙂
    Only 1 Evening Snack - 🙂🙂 NO evening snack
    5 something at bathroom break 😈
    5 fruit/veggie - 0/5
    Walk 1 mile 🙂
    Write in Journal🙂
    Be Conscious of my choices! Do not disappoint myself! 🙂

JFT - Tuesday December 11
    2L of water
    Calories in Green
    Only 1 Evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    5 fruit/veggie
    Walk 1 mile
    Write in Journal
    Be Conscious of my choices! Do not disappoint myself!

Last night we took the kids to the train, as Lauryn suspected Jonah found it boring but Michaela loved it. We had to park more than two blocks away and it had rained, then froze. It wasn’t the easiest walk. Then we put the kids up on our shoulders. I took Jonah on mine, because he would hold on better. It was a fun night.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,501 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Recap M 12/10 ~ Had planned to x-train before work but no = rest day
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work / 5 somethings = Fitbit 12,207 steps, 250+ steps 13/14 & 42 floors :smiley: & mostly remembered 5 somethings :D
    2) Meals & snacks prelogged / stick w/ plan / net calories w/i 100 green / 14c water = Did ok, but so busy in evening that I felt hungry & ate an unplanned snack (sesame stix). :s Logged and moving on. Net calories -423 :( , sodium -1,528 :( , sugar -6 (yay), fiber good, protein excellent, 14c water (yay)
    3) Evening: laundry :smiley: & took most upstairs :D / finish decorating real tree :smiley: / maybe decorate fake tree :/ / wash dishes :smiley: / prep cards for international mailing & newspaper carrier :neutral: selected cards at least / prep payments to mail :/ will do at work T ;) / other to-do's? :smile: decluttered some
    4) Unplug 9:00 :| 9:20 / FLOSS :smiley: / RETAINERS :smiley: / set/verify early alarm, bed & tv off 10:15 :s fell asleep w/ tv on (workout before work T)

JFT T 12/11
    1) X-trained w/ weights & circuit-training before work 23 min. + decluttered in basement = happy me :smiley: but sad dog (she dejectedly dropped her tennis ball when she realized I was going to basement and not getting ready to walk outside w/ her)
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work / 5 somethings
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged / leftovers for supper? stick w/ plan / no snack after supper / net calories green / 14c water
    4) Evening: mail international card & payments / declutter 15 min. / dust & set up creches / other to-do's?
    5) UNPLUG 9:00 / floss / retainers / prep workout clothes / set/verify early alarm, bed & TV OFF 10:15 (depends on weather ~ maybe walk dog before work W)
  • Bex953172
    Options

I've been that busy today I've actually burned more than I've ate!!
    Dont know how but I even managed to jog to the school!
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options

Today is seriously dragging at work! I am so bored! We’ve had 3 customers in 2.5 hours. Tuesday’s are usually like this. I think I found a car that the DH might like that is in our budget. He’s a little hesitant to commit to looking at it though. I feel bad for him because the Subaru was his baby. It was his first car that wasn’t like 15 years old. It was only 4. But the one I found is only 2. So I’m hoping I can talk him into looking at it over the weekend.

We have the Boy Scout baked goods and gift basket auction tonight…which reminds me! I need to get money! Lol. There will be nothing but baked goods there for the sampling so the DH and I are going to stop for a slice of pizza down the street from where I work. Not the best food but at least it’s something other than cakes and cookies! Lol. I have to be good. I will probably only buy one small thing and use the rest of our money on basket tickets! Lol.

Totally random story…I have had an old lumbar pillow attached to the back rest of my work chair. It was held on by a rubber band for the longest time but I finally got fed up with it a few minutes ago. I paperclipped it to the front of my back rest! You cant even tell and it’s just at the right height! Lol. I love being resourceful!

Holy Crow! It’s just 11:30! I am the worst clock watcher. I just put a mini sticky note over the clock on the bottom corner of my computer. Lol.

Update...

From 1215-115 Murphy's law hit and from 115 until now it's dead again. I am so ready for today to be over!!!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Hello my friends! Still taking Prednisone for concussion and computer is still making my eyes hurt so haven't been on as much as I'd like. Today, rather than trying to catch up on reading, I'm going to post my goals so I can be accountable, and then I will try to catch up as I go. Bad migraine today with white aura during a conference Skype meeting so THAT was a lot of fun!!! ugh.

I met with a Health & Wellness Coach at work yesterday. We actually have a program here where we have free access to H&W Coaches for ourselves or family, since it is a service we offer to businesses around the area. I was pretty excited to get some tips from someone who knows so much more about nutrition and wellness than me! Hahaha! (That would include just about anyone off the street too....) She gave me a few things to start working on, and I will be taking small steps to put them into action.

She told me to:
    1. Begin eating breakfast and make sure it includes protein.
    2. Increase water slowly until I am drinking half my weight in ounces
    3. Eat half my weight in grams of protein; for instance if I weighed 140 lbs, I would need to eat 70 g of protein... After looking at my food journal, she said I am not eating nearly enough protein and am carb heavy. (go figure, huh?)
    4. Make sure my meals and snacks have protein & color
    5. Look for a "trainer" to fit on my bicycle tire so I can ride my bike downstairs in the basement during the winter,
      which would be good for when my hip or knees are sore and I don't want to walk/treadmill.

Just for Tuesday, 12/10/2018
    1. Read ARC's at the very least when the notifications pop up on phone. :smile: Done
    2. Eat breakfast :smile: Done
    3. Journal every bite
    4. Eat sitting down
    5. Be mindful and chew slowly
    6. Half my weight in ounces of water
    7. Activity - 30 minutes / FitBit Steps 7,000+ / 250+ steps every hour / Up & Down one floor of stairs x5
    8. Give myself credit
    9. Listen to this week's Half Size Me podcast
    10. Meditate - Calm app :smile: Done
    11. Work Tasks - Top 3 priority :smile: Done
    12. Beck's exercise tonight - put more food on my plate than I can have and do not allow myself to eat it.
    13. Prep for tomorrow, tonight
    14. Bake banana bread and cookies for fund raiser at work Thursday
    15. Unplug 7:00 pm (except for MFP) / Gratitude Journal / Dodie / Simple Abundance / Lights out 10:30
    16. Up when alarm goes off tomorrow - NO SNOOZE
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB I'm so sorry about your concussion. I know all about them. I've had several and the DH had post concussion syndrome. Take things slow and don't overdue it!

@Bex953172 I hope Marley is feeling better! And great workout. Just don't do so much that you hurt yourself.

@AJB1014 Have fun!

@Snowflake1968 I'm glad you guys had fun and also that you didn't slip on the ice!