JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Busy weekend! I ended up with lots of plans geared towards helping others. In retrospect, this was a bad setup after a long week. Some perks though, a friend I helped move some furniture for took me out for a LOVELY Italian dinner and I totally treated myself-red wine, hunks of warm fresh bread, and all the white carbs a girl could love. I didn't worry myself or try to make up for it, I just enjoyed. Super yummy. Tonight I reconnected with my BFF over dinner. She's also been overscheduling herself and ended up just as crabby with others as I was. We vented, laughed, and boosted each other up. She is my perfect match in a bestie, and every time I hang out with her I feel reconnected to myself and filled with hope, love, and humor. A good end to a hectic weekend.
    Anywho, I've decided my next super-goal is SLEEP. I sleep well, but not NEARLY enough. I got a fitbit a few weeks ago, so every day I get to face just how few hours I actually get. (she writes an hour past her bedtime...). I think I'm going to add a daily check in around hours of sleep actually obtained. Perhaps facing the actual number by sharing to a group of people will help shift gears. I'm also placing my alarm (phone) in my living room, so that I have to get up out of bed, walk down the hall, and into another room to actually turn my alarm off. This has helped in the past. Wish me luck!

For Saturday:
    Sleep. In. ✅ but also stayed up waaaay too late
    House chores :( due to helping many other people
    30 minutes exercise ✅
    Track food and exercise ✅
    Eat all servings of 5 food groups :(
    Meet 1200-1400 net calories, counting exercise :( but my Italian diner was worth it!
    Water challenge-80 oz. :(
    Post here for accountability :(

For tomorrow:
    No snooze
    House chores
    Block off two hours in work week for report writing
    30 minutes exercise
    Track food and exercise
    Eat all servings of 5 food groups
    Meet 1200-1400 net calories, counting exercise
    Water challenge-80 oz.
    Post here for accountability + sleep hrs.

Week 0: 190
    Week 1: 187.6
    Week 2: 187.8
    Week 3: 185.6
    Week 4: 182.2
    Week 5: 179.5
    Week 6: 178.4
    Week 7: 178.0-last week with less healthy eating but almost 0 stress I lost more weight than this week, which was very healthy eating but high stress. Good to notice how stress impacts this process too!
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    1) Get up early and prepare for house cleaning. :)
    2) Laundry! This is actually getting a bit desperate, tbph, even though I've been doing my clothes I haven't done a big bleach load of towels and bedsheets in too long! :)
    3) Meal plan for Monday through Wednesday and make shopping list. :neutral: Sat down to do this and fell asleep! Whoops!
    4) Log everything and stay under goal. :)
    5) Drink 8 glasses of water. :neutral:
    6) Get out of the house even though it's going to be a scorching hot day. I'd like to go to the pool, but on a Sunday it will be a madhouse. Maybe I'll go to the movies. :neutral: There just didn't end up being enough time to do everything.

So I'm at 50%. But the house is clean and the laundry is laundered.

Just For Monday:

1) Log everything and stay under goal.
    2) Drink 8 glasses of water. Focusing on this one today!
    3) Menu planning through Wednesday.
    4) Avoid going out for fast food after work.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,082 Member
    Options
    Hi guys and gals...
    I'm over time when it comes to going to sleep. Started this new thing for me... Having a pad and pen by my bed to write stuff down and get it out of my head... Hope it works.
    These days I think almost of everything when it's time to lie down, and think little when I'm up and actually supposed to be doing what I think on at night... Ok... So it's my turn to ask for suggestions... Can someone help? Please?🍒

I think the pad and paper would work a lot and would be what I would have suggested!
    When you write your thoughts out maybe you could also add a list of the things you're supposed to be doing in the day? Then next morning your thoughts are written there so you know what you're supposed to be doing that day without having to think about it
  • Bex953172
    Options
    23 July: 184.5
    30 July: 184
    6 Aug: 183

Tbh I was hoping I'd have more significant losses but atleast it's in the right direction!
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 Congrats on the loss! I hope that it motivates you to keep up the good work! Dont be disappointed that it isnt going fast. Just be thrilled that it's going at all! Lol

Well I've got my first smiley face for the day. I couldnt sleep past 5:05 this morning. I woke up and just laid there for about 15 minutes fighting with myself about whether I should get up or not. I know that if I lay back down and try to get up when my alarm goes off it's not going to happen. I've come to terms with this about myself. Lol.

So I'm going to post this, finish my cup of coffee and head to the gym I suppose.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Monday:
    1. AM run: 15 laps. Feed cats. Morning meds. Tea! Chop salad fixins and prep lunch.
    2. Shower. Breakfast: oatmeal.
    3. Print PDFs. Update lesson plans and submit. Find apostrophe practice and run copies.
    4. Find D and check on available dates in February. Call PCP for checkup. Call parents. Update class website. Grade and input homework. Mark off completed summer projects. Notify students whose are missing.
    5. Finish discussion post and submit.
    6. YMCA after school. Groceries. Dinner. Meds. In bed by 9:30; set alarm for 5:15.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    Today: 183.0

Upcoming to-do:
    1. Check blogroll and follow bloggers on Twitter.
    2. Write next blog post.
    3. Update lesson plans and submit.
    4. Create discussion post 1. Review week 5 assignment.
    5. Call PCP to set up checkup. Check with D about substitute.
    6. Write L8 post.
    7. Call parents. Update class websites.
    8. Check on conference; create seminar proposal.
  • HEGoddard0928
    Options
    I have the strangest feeling that work is going to be slow today. 😆 I haven't even been here an hour. Sitting at my station twiddling my thumbs. Lol. I'm making water a priority today. I haven't been drinking nearly enough. I'm just about done with 1-24oz bottle.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,492 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Recap Sunday 8/5 ~ another sticky icky hot humid day :#
    1) Walked dog 4.02 mi 1:12:28 & stretched = happy dog B) & happy me B)
    2) Church o:) & had some really good messages for me to hear
    3) Move hourly at least 10/14 = 11/14 :smiley: not bad for lazy Sunday ~ Fitbit 12,923 steps / 65 floors :smiley:
    4) Usual breakfast, lunch & snacks / ideas for supper ~ ask hubby / net calories green / > 12c water = Net calories -7 :D sodium green (yay!), sugar -10 (the usual), fiber good, protein lowish, 12c water :smiley:
    5) Get hubby out of his funk / God is the Provider in our midst every single day = dispirited day at home but it got better in evening :|
    6) Unplug 9:00 :smiley: spent time w/ hubby instead :smile: / floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / bed & TV off 10:15 :smiley:(walk or work out M a.m. before work)

JFT M 8/6 ~ still v humid & 70 at 5:30 a.m. so decided to sleep in & take rest day :|
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    2) Usual breakfast, lunch & snacks prelogged / supper will be with friends at local zoo's Feast with the Beasts ~ area restaurants provide food & beverage samples throughout the zoo + absolutely no idea how/if I will be able to log ~ enjoy event (including one friend's bday) + not stress over calories
    3) At least 12c water
    4) Stay on track at work / do not dwell on crap at my job or hubby's
    5) Unplug 9:30 (home?) / floss / retainers / bed & TV off 10:15 (walk dog before work T ~ weather s/b improved)

Evening Snack Challenge ~ I will not snack past 9 p.m.
    1. Peanut M&Ms (wanted something sweet) when got home at 9 p.m. + logged
    2. 1 chocolate power muffin before 8:30
    3. 1/4c chicken salad after 9:00 (emotional eating) :s
    4. Peanut M&Ms 9:00
    5. Nothing after supper :star:
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I have the strangest feeling that work is going to be slow today. 😆 I haven't even been here an hour. Sitting at my station twiddling my thumbs. Lol. I'm making water a priority today. I haven't been drinking nearly enough. I'm just about done with 1-24oz bottle.

Hi... I'm Mary, I haven't been drinking enough water myself... Just wanted to say Hi!... Hi! There, I did it...lol…
    Hope you have a good day!
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Jft Sunday recap
    1. Log all food :)
    2. Be present in the moment :)
    3. Be kind :| I was in pain, sciatic flare up - I could have been nicer.
    4. Buy a big water and drink it >:)
    5. Food prep dirty rice for lunches :)

A good weekend! Saturday was lots of running around in the morning, errands and ice cream - I actually took a nap in the afternoon! It was lovely. Continued with errands in the afternoon. Went to Aldi and bought way too many snacks and a pizza, but also got some excellent pantry staples (despite saying I was not going to do this). I am making a dent in all the things in the freezer and not refilling that. Sunday was another awesome summer day - lobster and corn on the cob at the lake and a swim/float helped my hip feel better. Came home and did some packing, food prepped dinner for tonight (yay!), and DH grilled steak for dinner last night/lunch today. Dinner was delicious and I should have stopped after my 1 allotted chocolate, but I got hit with the munchies hard. Ate a snack bag of crackers, extra chocolate, and a fruit snack all before bed...wtf?! Definitely a bit of emotional eating as all the boxes struck me and I'm definitely PMSing. Is what it is...today is a new day!

JFT Monday
    1. Log all food
    2. Be kind
    3. Lots of water
    4. Eat when hungry - stop when full
    5. Send back old phone
    6. Pick up mosquito magnet at 5
    7. Drop off donate bag at lunch
    8. Empty out dressers, toss/donate/keep (Remember, just because you throw away the object does not mean you throw away the memory!)
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Hi guys and gals...
    I'm over time when it comes to going to sleep. Started this new thing for me... Having a pad and pen by my bed to write stuff down and get it out of my head... Hope it works.
    These days I think almost of everything when it's time to lie down, and think little when I'm up and actually supposed to be doing what I think on at night... Ok... So it's my turn to ask for suggestions... Can someone help? Please?🍒

I think the pad and paper would work a lot and would be what I would have suggested!
    When you write your thoughts out maybe you could also add a list of the things you're supposed to be doing in the day? Then next morning your thoughts are written there so you know what you're supposed to be doing that day without having to think about it

@Bex953172 ... Thank you!! And a high five on your achievements!!! YESSSSSS!!! That's great... Have a good day
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    Hellooooo(in my Mrs. Doubtfire voice)... Lol…..
    Everyone... Take 3 deep breaths....
    Hope you know you're important to me. Annnnnd... I BELIEVE IN YOU ALL!
  • HEGoddard0928
    Options
    @maryrobinson40 Hi👋 I'm Hannah! I live in NJ with my husband Matt and my cat Panda.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I have had a wonderful relaxing long weekend. So much so, I really don’t want to clean and grocery shop today.

A 9 hour drive through the Rocky Mountains with Rodg to spend just about 48 hours with my best friend and her family was so incredibly worth it.

I didn’t completely track my intake all 3 days but I know I stayed within maintenance calories and yesterday we did a one hour hike through the Ancient Forest before heading home helped with some exercise.

JFT - Monday August 6
    2L of water
    Calories in Green by 150
    Clean
    Groceries
    Possibly a walk
    Tomorrow will end my vacation

I’ve gone back and read most of the posts I agree about Sunday’s it’s always so quiet. I’ll make comments tomorrow when I’m on the computer instead of my phone.

I’m a bit concerned about a friend, she goes camping and kayaking alone and hasn’t checked in.
  • HEGoddard0928
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 Praying for your friend! I hope you hear from her soon. I'm glad you had a great weekend! That always makes things better. 😁
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    @maryrobinson40 Hi👋 I'm Hannah! I live in NJ with my husband Matt and my cat Panda.

✋ I'm Mary and live in North Carolina, 54 yrs. young, and separated after 19yrs. of marriage and he left me sort of...we're friends still... But absolutely no sexual relationship. We remained friends. Story too long... LMBO.
    My daughters, I have 3 and they are grown.. I'm doing this program for me.
    That too is long so I'm gonna stop before I scare you away... Lol
  • Bex953172
    Options

✋ I'm Mary and live in North Carolina, 54 yrs. young, and separated after 19yrs. of marriage and he left me sort of...we're friends still... But absolutely no sexual relationship. We remained friends. Story too long... LMBO.
    My daughters, I have 3 and they are grown.. I'm doing this program for me.
    That too is long so I'm gonna stop before I scare you away... Lol

Haha you would scare us away! How old are your daughters? I'm curious (as I also have 3 girls) what are the teenage years like? :lol:
  • Bex953172
    Options
    My god, I did a roast dinner tonight. Chicken, roasties, carrots, broccoli and cabbage with a bit of gravy! I only ate about 3 potatoes as I'm limiting carbs! Just checked my diary and I have just short of 500 cals left! I've only actually eaten 1000 so far

So this is a first.. Having to go find something to eat rather than trying to avoid temptation to eat.
    And now I can have pretty much whatver I can't choose :lol:

Oooo tonight might be the night for some garlic bread!
  • HEGoddard0928
    Options
    Holy Crow!!! The last two hours of work were insane! At one point both LM and I were both opening accounts(which we didnt really know how to do!) and I had like 5 people waiting on line to do transactions. 3 of the people left because I was figuring out how to open the account which took me like 20 minutes and two phone calls to other managers. And after that it was a constant stream of customers! The last 2 hours felt like 20 minutes! It was crazy!

I'm sad it's only Monday though. Lol. Hopefully, tomorrow won't be too bad. I'm a little worried though. LM has a managers meeting across town at 8:30 am on Thursday. The only person who is available to be in the branch with me is one of the loan officers who can't really do any kind of anything really. The meetings can last as long as 4 hours. LM had a conference call with the RVP this morning to go over numbers and things so I'm hoping that that shortens the meeting...anyway! Enough of my work bulldinky!

I had the DH pick up beer on the way home because I soo needed it. I fried up some burgers and had two of them because I was absolutely starving. But dinner was cooked, eaten and cleaned up and the dishes are done! So now the evening is for us!

Tonight the DH and I are going to get caught up on our youtube videos and spend some time together. It's going to be good!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Update from Monday:
    1. AM run: 15 laps. Feed cats. Morning meds. Tea! Chop salad fixins and prep lunch.
    2. Shower. Breakfast: oatmeal.
    3. Print PDFs. Update lesson plans and submit. Find apostrophe practice and run copies.
    4. Find D and check on available dates in February. Call PCP for checkup. Call parents. Update class website. Grade and input homework. Mark off completed summer projects. Notify students whose are missing.
    5. Finish discussion post and submit.
    6. YMCA after school. Groceries. Dinner. Meds. In bed by 9:30; set alarm for 5:15.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    Today: 183.0

Upcoming to-do:
    1. Check blogroll and follow bloggers on Twitter.
    2. Write next blog post.
    3. Find PDFs. Finish printing. Check lesson plans for Week 3.
    4. Create discussion post comments. Begin week 5 essay.
    5. Call PCP to set up checkup. Check with D about substitute.
    6. Write L8 post.
    7. Call parents. Update class websites.
    8. Check on conference; create seminar proposal.