Options

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,083 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Currently 90 cals over!
    Easily rectifiable, especially with the amount I'm gonna have to tidy because of the girls.

Although I'll probably have a snack late on tonight around midnight (this is my one snack @mytime6630) I know I shouldn't have it past 9 but I've made the exception because we're gonna be painting again tonight late into the night so will need to have something. Although I will be burning calories too so probabky just even out!

Got my eye on the garlic bread :lol:

Also @mytime6630 where are youuu! Can't be your diet coach if you're not here!
    Haha

Hope you got your water in and stayed in the green!

Ha ... I'm here!! (Warning ... I'm in a bad mood today LOL)!!!! Been outside today cleaning out the garage ... and mad at hubby for making such a mess LOL!!!!!! And ... it is like 95 degrees out! But I just took another shower today, and drinking my water. Now I have to go and do some work that actually helps pay the bills!

But I usually post in the evenings ... my days are crazy busy sometimes! But I did great last nite ... and so far today all I've eaten is 2 eggs and sausage ... time for lunch I think!

What are you painting?? Now remember .... only one snack tonite! ;)

LOL I couldn't imagine you in a bad mood!

We're painting everywhere lol!
    Every room has one feature wall and the rest is white. (not brilliant white but a more toned down but still white? Jeez aren't paint colours complicated to explain!!) anyway on the white walls we put loads of bright colourful pictures/canvases up and that brings the colour into the room.
    We like to keep it all white because it's cheaper to just buy one colour and smaller tubs of feature wall paint.
    So we're doing all that, my partner has done most it. I normally love painting but ive just really not been in the mood!
    And then we have to gloss all the doors and frames and skirting boards etc
    Then fill any unused holes from old pictures or whatver and sand down and paint them.

We've bought "endurance paint" this time.
    Can wipe anything off it and is kinda waterproof.
    Childproof more like LOL!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Checking in to post progress...
    Cleared some clutter√
    Danced√
    Salad and schedule... WAH WAH WAH!...LMBO😁
    Missed the mark on the last two. Had great nieces and nephews running around inside due to rain and untamed energy in them kept concentration level at a minimum...😨 that's how I was looking for about two hours... Lol…!
    Anyway, "THE SUN'LL COME OUT TOMORROW"🎶 I'M ONLY A DAY A WAYYYYY.. (Did you see my tonsils when I was singing that note)
    IJK😂
    STAY 💪 STRONG YOU GUYS AND GALS..OR IS IT GUYS AND DOLLS?
    Ok now I'm babbling.😱
    Hugs Everyone🌹
    Mary

Made me giggle!

I love that you dance for activity! Do you just put on music and dance around the house or is it a workout video? Or do you do classes of a particular dance? I enjoy the Body Groove videos because it's easy on my joints and I can move however I want (I have absolutely no dancing skills whatsoever).
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Eugh forgot to say before...
    I took "before" photos.
    They are truly awful, if I'm honest, I thought I looked better than what the pictures show so it was a bit of an eye opener.
    Really need to get this scale going down!
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Checking in to post progress...
    Cleared some clutter√
    Danced√
    Salad and schedule... WAH WAH WAH!...LMBO😁
    Missed the mark on the last two. Had great nieces and nephews running around inside due to rain and untamed energy in them kept concentration level at a minimum...😨 that's how I was looking for about two hours... Lol…!
    Anyway, "THE SUN'LL COME OUT TOMORROW"🎶 I'M ONLY A DAY A WAYYYYY.. (Did you see my tonsils when I was singing that note)
    IJK😂
    STAY 💪 STRONG YOU GUYS AND GALS..OR IS IT GUYS AND DOLLS?
    Ok now I'm babbling.😱
    Hugs Everyone🌹
    Mary

Made me giggle!

I love that you dance for activity! Do you just put on music and dance around the house or is it a workout video? Or do you do classes of a particular dance? I enjoy the Body Groove videos because it's easy on my joints and I can move however I want (I have absolutely no dancing skills whatsoever).

PackerFaninGB... Lol…, yes I just put the music on and allow myself to dance without any structure... I think it's called flailing around... LMBO😂
    After a day of those children, I had to release or emplode... I'm just kidding. I love children, I'm just not on the level I once was with the noise, high pitched shrieks, and all that great extra stuff no one tells you about when it comes to children...
    I may have become a prime candidate for Xanax after babysitting today..lol….
    Noooo, better idea💡 ..Dear Parents of these Darling children.. You owe me a paid weekend at the beach!!!
    Yay!! Me!!!
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I didn't sleep at all last night. Don't know why, but I didn't try to force myself to sleep, didn't take anything to put me to sleep.
    So I turned a negative into a positive... I worked out. I marched in place to music through two songs, did knee lifts, 3 sets of 5, which is a very big deal because I have arthritic knees. Did some windmills, and finished off with some reading. When I got back in bed it was after 6 this morning.
    Nope, I'm not going to beat myself up over it,, instead, I'm going to love myself more by setting the atmosphere of my bedroom to RELAXATION mode.
    My DO'S FOR TODAY:
    1- GIVE SOMEONE A HUG
    2- CLEAR SOME CLUTTER
    3- EAT A SALAD
    4. DANCE
    5. MAKE A SCHEDULE THAT WILL MAKE THIS JOURNEY MORE SUCCESSFUL
    Thank You Everyone For Posting Your Victories and Your Struggles.
    We're humans, not robots. And even robots are flawed.. Lol… because they're made by imperfect people.
    🌹 Thought For Today:
    "WHEREVER YOU GO, THERE YOU ARE"😁🙌
    YOU'RE THE BEST AT BEING YOU! WE GOT THIS GANG!!
    ONE STEP, AND ONE MOMENT AT A TIME!!

Love your goals and Love your spirit! Happy to have you in my support tribe :blush:
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    TGIF! I am a bit burned out this week. Time to rest and recharge for the weekend! Feel like I'm getting back on track though. :smiley:

For today:
    Get through Friday! ✅
    House chores :( ended up helping a friend and staying for dinner
    30 minutes exercise-½ points for Gryffindor
    Track food and exercise ✅
    Eat all servings of 5 food groups ✅
    Meet 1200-1400 net calories, counting exercise ✅
    Water challenge-80 oz. ✅
    Post here for accountability ✅

For tomorrow:
    Sleep. In.
    House chores
    30 minutes exercise
    Track food and exercise
    Eat all servings of 5 food groups
    Meet 1200-1400 net calories, counting exercise
    Water challenge-80 oz.
    Post here for accountability
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,216 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    JFT, Friday, Aug 3 ( Day 3 of starting over for the umpteenth time!)
    1. Log all food :)
    2. concentrate on water - 8+ glasses :)
    3. go out for a short walk :/ Went out and got a bike for our daughter, and didn't get home until 9:30 pm.
    4. mindful eating - :s I THOUGHT I did mindful eating ... eating a sugar free klondike bar. I need to be more like @Bex - and look up calories BEFORE I eat it. It was 190 calories -- for sugar free!!! So, I am over with what I wanted to eat .... since I had too much snack :'(
    5. plan saturdays meals :) Going out to eat tomorrow nite with friends ... so hoping to get to the gym, and eat lightly all day.
    6. August challenge - close the kitchen at 9pm, and 1 snack only before that time. :/ Our daughter found a used bike she wanted for only $50.00 ... so by the time we got that, it was 9:30 pm. I had already eaten a SF Klondike bar, which I thought was 100 calories. But when I was logging in my calories ... it was 190.
    But this was after I ate a small amount of popcorn and a glass of wine ... at yes, 10:30!! So, bad today.

JFT, Sat
    1. log all food
    2. go to the gym
    3. concentrate on water
    4. plan food ... eat lightly since going out to eat in the evening

Starting weight Aug 1: 197.2.
    Goal weight for Sept 1: 190 (I know this is agressive, but I gained 3 lbs the past 2 days, so I am really hoping those pounds will come off quickly, and the rest ... well... I'm going work my butt of to keep the challenges I set.

August Challenge: Plan just ONE evening snack, then close the kitchen
    8/1: Evening snack was a hard boiled egg, kitchen closed at 9pm :)
    8/2: Planned on a HB egg, but had 1/4c. raisin bran and some milk. It is now 9:15 pm - so a little later, but only because I wanted to color my hair first! :)
    8/3: Was out late, and had a glass of wine at 10:00 -- hubby wanted popcorn, so I had a very small amount, but still ,that was at 10:30!!! >:):/ But ....... I still did not eat too much, just that the klondike bar was way more calories than I thought. Lesson ... look up calories FIRST!
  • Bex953172
    edited August 2018
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    JFT, Friday, Aug 3 ( Day 3 of starting over for the umpteenth time!)
    1. Log all food :)
    2. concentrate on water - 8+ glasses :)
    3. go out for a short walk :/ Went out and got a bike for our daughter, and didn't get home until 9:30 pm.
    4. mindful eating - :s I THOUGHT I did mindful eating ... eating a sugar free klondike bar. I need to be more like @Bex - and look up calories BEFORE I eat it. It was 190 calories -- for sugar free!!! So, I am over with what I wanted to eat .... since I had too much snack :'(
    5. plan saturdays meals :) Going out to eat tomorrow nite with friends ... so hoping to get to the gym, and eat lightly all day.
    6. August challenge - close the kitchen at 9pm, and 1 snack only before that time. :/ Our daughter found a used bike she wanted for only $50.00 ... so by the time we got that, it was 9:30 pm. I had already eaten a SF Klondike bar, which I thought was 100 calories. But when I was logging in my calories ... it was 190.
    But this was after I ate a small amount of popcorn and a glass of wine ... at yes, 10:30!! So, bad today.

JFT, Sat
    1. log all food
    2. go to the gym
    3. concentrate on water
    4. plan food ... eat lightly since going out to eat in the evening

Starting weight Aug 1: 197.2.
    Goal weight for Sept 1: 190 (I know this is agressive, but I gained 3 lbs the past 2 days, so I am really hoping those pounds will come off quickly, and the rest ... well... I'm going work my butt of to keep the challenges I set.

August Challenge: Plan just ONE evening snack, then close the kitchen
    8/1: Evening snack was a hard boiled egg, kitchen closed at 9pm :)
    8/2: Planned on a HB egg, but had 1/4c. raisin bran and some milk. It is now 9:15 pm - so a little later, but only because I wanted to color my hair first! :)
    8/3: Was out late, and had a glass of wine at 10:00 -- hubby wanted popcorn, so I had a very small amount, but still ,that was at 10:30!!! >:):/ But ....... I still did not eat too much, just that the klondike bar was way more calories than I thought. Lesson ... look up calories FIRST!

Did the klondike bar not have the nutritional values on the wrapper?
    Over here almost everything does! And then we introduced colour coded nutritional facts because people looking at it still didn't understand if it was good or bad, so we have red, Amber, green based on the average persons recommended daily allowance of nutrients.

Just because you went over does not mean you weren't being mindful! You had a small portion of popcorn, a small wine and a klondike bar that you thought was okay. Unfortunately it wasn't as good as you thought it was but thats not your fault really.
    Sometimes the calories in things can be suprusing!
    So I think you've done well Tbh!

And sometimes you have to make an exception on the time because life does happen at the same time! And if you need a snack at 10:30 because you've been out all evening then have one. If you weren't out I'm confident that kitchen would have been closed!
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    jeschepp wrote: »
    I didn't sleep at all last night. Don't know why, but I didn't try to force myself to sleep, didn't take anything to put me to sleep.
    So I turned a negative into a positive... I worked out. I marched in place to music through two songs, did knee lifts, 3 sets of 5, which is a very big deal because I have arthritic knees. Did some windmills, and finished off with some reading. When I got back in bed it was after 6 this morning.
    Nope, I'm not going to beat myself up over it,, instead, I'm going to love myself more by setting the atmosphere of my bedroom to RELAXATION mode.
    My DO'S FOR TODAY:
    1- GIVE SOMEONE A HUG
    2- CLEAR SOME CLUTTER
    3- EAT A SALAD
    4. DANCE
    5. MAKE A SCHEDULE THAT WILL MAKE THIS JOURNEY MORE SUCCESSFUL
    Thank You Everyone For Posting Your Victories and Your Struggles.
    We're humans, not robots. And even robots are flawed.. Lol… because they're made by imperfect people.
    🌹 Thought For Today:
    "WHEREVER YOU GO, THERE YOU ARE"😁🙌
    YOU'RE THE BEST AT BEING YOU! WE GOT THIS GANG!!
    ONE STEP, AND ONE MOMENT AT A TIME!!

Love your goals and Love your spirit! Happy to have you in my support tribe :blush:

Thanks jeschepp... Have A superiffic weekend... Of course, when I say Have, I'm not being demanding... Lol…
    Hope to hear from you again...
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    Yesterday was successful, in that I stayed mobile most of the day. That gave me such satisfaction, that I found myself having to remember to eat to get my calories in... I hope everyone here has super success in reaching their goals... I sincerely mean that.
    I believe that the slightest accomplishments are grand victories👏

Congrats on achieving your goal, great work!!!

AJB1014... Thank you! Hope you have a great weekend💠
  • Bex953172
    edited August 2018
    Options
    @maryrobinson40 Hey! I've not properly said hello yet! I have to say I love your spirit! You sound so upbeat and bubbly!
    Where abouts do you live? I live in the UK, I'm 26, I think I'm the youngest on here LOL, the baby of the group!, mummy to 3 girls, 4, 2 and 5months.

I'm here to try lose 40lbs. But Tbh I've made such good friends on this thread :) and that's the best thing about my journey so far!
    It's lovely to have you here!
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    @maryrobinson40 Hey! I've not properly said hello yet! I have to say I love your spirit! You sound so upbeat and bubbly!
    Where abouts do you live? I live in the UK, I'm 26, I think I'm the youngest on here LOL, the baby of the group!, mummy to 3 girls, 4, 2 and 5months.

I'm here to try lose 40lbs. But Tbh I've made such good friends on this thread :) and that's the best thing about my journey so far!
    It's lovely to have you here!

Bex953172... Hi! I'm in North Carolina... Glad to meet you...well sort of... Lol…
    My 3 daughters are grown... I'm sure you're a terrific mummy.
    It's great that you're taking steps towards success over your body. Those precious gems you are mother to, will benefit all the more from you. I believe in you... I believe you'll reach your goal, but even more, you'll be even happier..🌹 I celebrate you dear. You Got this!
    Mary is my name...
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Feel a bit "meh" today.
    Must must must stick to the plan today!
    Days when I feel like this is when they tend to go wrong. I've just woke up from a map off the sofa, the girls were watching a film. I've woken up and me and Casey have been sticker bombed. They even ran out of stickers and peeled off the page the stickers were on and ripped that into pieces and stuck that on us too!

Firstly, I need to get the house clean again. It looks like it's been housing monkeys (oh wait, it has) so sofas need cleaning today, pots need cleaning (our dishwasher has BROKEN, my luxury LOL!)
    Rabbit needs cleaning, floors hoovered and mopped! Polishing. And.. De-stickering..

And my fitness goals are

- 8 glasses of water
    - Be in the green
    - Exercise (this is a priority, I exercised 4 days last week and non this week) need to keep this consistent!
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT Friday
    1. Meds AM and PM :) / >:) I cannot remember if I took my afternoon dose. My alarm went off but cant remember. So, I will take my meds in the moment the alarm goes off.
    2. Log all food :)
    3. Be kind :)
    4. Eat when hungry stop when full :)
    5. Buffalo mac and cheese recipe for dinner :)
    6. Reasonable lunch choice :) I LOVE THIS GROUP. Right after I posted i got a coupon for Unos. I considered it, pulled up the menu, 990cals for Cobb salad. Remembered my goals for the day that I posted not 1 hour before...and went to the grocery store. Got a scoop of chicken salad and a garden salad since I knew id be eating mostly carbs later. Delicious and under 500 cals. A good fail safe lunch for all future days of no lunch
    7. NO TAKE OUT. :) see above. Love this group.

Jft Saturday
    1. Protein shake
    2. Meds am and pm
    3. Be kind
    4. Log all food
    5. Ice cream lunch means meat and veggie dinner
  • auntmosmail
    auntmosmail Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Goals for yesterday:
    Survey storm damage to the roof: No, honestly I just don't feel like climbing onto the roof... :/
    Pack for Iceland ✔
    Stay within my 1409 calorie goal: No, I ate out for lunch and dinner!! So, I went over by a couple out small slices of bread and a taquito.
    Water plants ✔

Goals for today:
    Water plants
    Stay within 1409 calorie goal for sure
    Drink two 24 oz bottles of water at work
    No extra snacking at work
    Write congratulations card for my nursing student
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Just popping on real quick. I have to get ready to go see Jenny from Missouri Star Quilt Company this morning. She is putting on a little quilt show and I'm so excited to see her in person. Been watching her videos for years. I'll come back on later to catch up and to update my goals for yesterday. (Spoiler Alert: wont be many smiley faces)

Just for Today:
    Journal every bite no matter how bad
    8 glasses of water
    Dance like nobody's watching - and make sure nobody is!
    Don't spend too much at the quilt show today
    Go couch shopping this afternoon and find something that doesn't hurt our backs.
    Have a nice movie night with DH tonight

Have a great day everyone!

• Bex953172
    Options
    What. A. Day.

It threw everything at me, but I actually kept my cool.
    I don't think ive done too badly, although I mightve done.
    My South African neighbiur baked SA Crunchies (bit like a flapjack) but omg they were delicious.

If anything that's where I've gone wrong.. :lol:
    Been on my feet most the day, I'm shattered and it's only 10pm.
    My back is killing me!
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    Well It's after 7p.m. here in North Carolina. I'm happy to report that I achieved my goals for today, all the way to my cute freshly polished red sparkling toe nails.
    No date waiting for me, but I do have a date with The Hallmark Channel... Lol….
    I will not be eating ice cream, chips, or cookies.. But I will still cuddle up with my teddy bear named...JAMES BARELY BROWN BEAR, and relax.
    I'm interested in how my new friends on here are doing so message me if you'd like.
    Hugs and High Fives ,
    Mary🐶
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Mary, you are a welcome addition to a thread that was already totally awesome. You have great energy!

Sorry to hear about your day, Bex, but multiple high fives for keeping your cool and keeping the eating in check. Good night to you!

I don't think I posted goals for today but if I did they would have looked like this:

1) Log everything and stay under goal: :)
    2) Drink 8 glasses of water: :/
    3) Avoid going out for fast food after work: :)

New goals for Sunday:

1) Get up early and prepare for house cleaning.
    2) Laundry! This is actually getting a bit desperate, tbph, even though I've been doing my clothes I haven't done a big bleach load of towels and bedsheets in too long!
    3) Meal plan for Monday through Wednesday and make shopping list.
    4) Log everything and stay under goal.
    5) Drink 8 glasses of water.
    6) Get out of the house even though it's going to be a scorching hot day. I'd like to go to the pool, but on a Sunday it will be a madhouse. Maybe I'll go to the movies.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Sunday
    1. Download research PDFs and send to iPad for review. Morning meds. Tea!
    2. Pack lunch and prelog.
    3. Grocery list.
    4. Omelet for breakfast; weigh and log ingredients. Leave for park by 11:15.
    5. Steps to 10k at park; aim for 15.
    6. Meds after dinner. Teeth flossed, rinsed, brushed; in bed by 10:45. Alarm set for 5:30.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    Today: 183.2

Upcoming to-do:
    1. Check blogroll and follow bloggers on Twitter.
    2. Write next blog post.
    3. Update lesson plans and submit.
    4. Create discussion post 1. Review week 5 assignment.
    5. Call PCP to set up checkup. Check with D about substitute.
    6. Write L8 post.
    7. Call parents. Update class websites.
    8. Check on conference; create seminar proposal.