JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    So I wasn't going to bother posting today. Because I felt like yesterday wasn't my best day. And I was like what's the point. And then I remembered I want this to be a long term commitment. So I'm pushing forward.

8 hours or more of sleep ✔ this under sleeper got 10hrs and 19 minutes of sleep
    Gallon of water 50%
    No carbs i cheated at dinner and had Chinese food resulted in a .2 gain today
    Journal everything ✔
    Be kind to myself in some ways yes. Not neary as bad as o use to be
    Get in 7500 steps today ✔ 7900 steps

Jft
    8hrs of sleep
    Gallon of water
    Carbs okay today been plannong it for this day for weeks
    Journal everything
    10000 steps today
    Be kind to myself

Yay! Glad you decided to return. It's the little things that add up!
  • Caseyloupuckett
    Caseyloupuckett Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    So I wasn't going to bother posting today. Because I felt like yesterday wasn't my best day. And I was like what's the point. And then I remembered I want this to be a long term commitment. So I'm pushing forward.

Gallon of water 50%
    Journal everything ✔

Jft
    8hrs of sleep
    Gallon of water
    Journal everything
    10000 steps today
    Be kind to myself

Yay! Glad you decided to return. It's the little things that add up!

Thank you! Im stubborn.. So I am using my stubborness for the right things and refusing to give up!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,095 Member
    Options

Gallon of water 50%
    Journal everything ✔

Jft
    8hrs of sleep
    Gallon of water
    Journal everything
    10000 steps today
    Be kind to myself

I'm glad you came back!
    Thats ALL you have to do to succeed. The first main thing is to be accountable and keep trying every day.

My motto was Strive for progress, not perfection.

So yesterday I only had 4 out of 8 waters. Today if I get atleast 5 in, it means I did better than the day before.
    Even having 50 calories extra thab the day before.

It helps me see the little things that are putting me in the right direction rather than the whole picture
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,795 Member
    Options
    JFT - Wednesday December 5
    2L of water - :/ 1.5 - I forgot to drink at work yesterday while I was working on my ornaments. I find it so hard to get it all in in the evening.
    Calories in Green >:) Over by 248
    Only 1 Evening Snack - >:) 2, but I thought about it before having the second and genuinely felt hungry
    5 something at bathroom break - >:) I don't know why I'm even putting this on here
    5 fruit/veggie - 2/5
    Walk 1 mile - >:) The grands stayed later last night than usual as Lauryn was working on printing out iron on transfers for their family pj's. Last year she made new pj's for all 4 of them. Hers and Michael's matched and Ryan's and Jonah's matched. She is making some this year as well, this years are Mickey and Minnie themed tops. After they left I did some painting because Rodger is way ahead of me on burning ornaments!
    Write in Journal - :)
    Be Conscious of my choices! Do not disappoint myself! - :) I think I'm doing the best that I can do right now. I have no extra minutes in the day for exercising unless I stay up late and I'm tired so.... Next week I should be able to squeeze in 45 minutes a day for exercise no problem!

JFT - Thursday December 6
    2L of water
    Calories in Green
    Only 1 Evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    5 fruit/veggie
    Walk 1 mile
    Write in Journal
    Be Conscious of my choices! Do not disappoint myself!

This is a picture of the Grands last year in their new jammies Mommy made for them. I can't wait to see this years.
    v01sx38hmplo.jpg
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    I am SO far behind all the posts again ... and again ... starting over. Its been an extremely emotional week, but thankfully I am swamped with not only work, but sewing projects that I need to finish up for Christmas.

SO my goals again are simple .... back to the basics!
    1. concentrate on water water water!! Remember how good I feel when I drink water.
    2. remember food is not the answer. rest. call a friend. sew. listen to a calm app. Do anything besides eating
    3. work on tote bags -- 3 more to go
    4. help hubby. Work has been crazy busy. Be kind. He is also stressed out.
    5. plan meals ... makes it easier when the meals are known ahead of time. Time to find those crock pot meals
    6. read beck diet solution
    7. listen to podcast

• Caseyloupuckett
    Options
    JFT - Wednesday December 5
    2L of water - :/ 1.5 - I forgot to drink at work yesterday while I was working on my ornaments. I find it so hard to get it all in in the evening.
    Calories in Green >:) Over by 248
    Only 1 Evening Snack - >:) 2, but I thought about it before having the second and genuinely felt hungry
    5 something at bathroom break - >:) I don't know why I'm even putting this on here
    5 fruit/veggie - 2/5
    Walk 1 mile - >:) The grands stayed later last night than usual as Lauryn was working on printing out iron on transfers for their family pj's. Last year she made new pj's for all 4 of them. Hers and Michael's matched and Ryan's and Jonah's matched. She is making some this year as well, this years are Mickey and Minnie themed tops. After they left I did some painting because Rodger is way ahead of me on burning ornaments!
    Write in Journal - :)
    Be Conscious of my choices! Do not disappoint myself! - :) I think I'm doing the best that I can do right now. I have no extra minutes in the day for exercising unless I stay up late and I'm tired so.... Next week I should be able to squeeze in 45 minutes a day for exercise no problem!

JFT - Thursday December 6
    2L of water
    Calories in Green
    Only 1 Evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    5 fruit/veggie
    Walk 1 mile
    Write in Journal
    Be Conscious of my choices! Do not disappoint myself!

This is a picture of the Grands last year in their new jammies Mommy made for them. I can't wait to see this years.
    v01sx38hmplo.jpg

Your grand kids are adorable
  • Caseyloupuckett
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    I am SO far behind all the posts again ... and again ... starting over. Its been an extremely emotional week, but thankfully I am swamped with not only work, but sewing projects that I need to finish up for Christmas.

SO my goals again are simple .... back to the basics!
    1. concentrate on water water water!! Remember how good I feel when I drink water.
    2. remember food is not the answer. rest. call a friend. sew. listen to a calm app. Do anything besides eating
    3. work on tote bags -- 3 more to go
    4. help hubby. Work has been crazy busy. Be kind. He is also stressed out.
    5. plan meals ... makes it easier when the meals are known ahead of time. Time to find those crock pot meals
    6. read beck diet solution
    7. listen to podcast

you can do it!
  • mytime6630
    Options

So glad you came back and posted. I find when I have bad days, those are the most important days to post. It is easy to post, and have all the smiley faces, and feel great because I've know I had a good day. But this is a lifelong lifestyle change, and the habits that got us in trouble are the habits the hardest to break. It is hard to get on here and admit that the day did not go as planned. But thats the thing about this site... when you have a bad day... people on here are so quick and encouraging to remind us that it is just ONE day. That tomorrow we can do better. And the most important thing is to never give up. So please keep coming back .. no matter what. We are like family here .... and the most amazing "friends" on here. It is truly one day at a time!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    12/5 W ~ Today will be an up and down day... this morning I will attend the funeral of a retired former colleague of nearly 20 years. We kept in touch occasionally, I know his wife and all 3 of his kids, now adults of course. It will be sad & hard, but I'm hoping to see other former colleagues there. That will most likely be followed by a luncheon put on by the church ladies, so no idea what I'll be eating. This evening is the usual gathering of another group of former colleagues, with adult beverages & food at a pub I've never been to too (sorry English teachers!). I previewed the menu online & it looks amazing, more choices than normal pub food. Looking forward to this, but again, no idea how I'll log food. I will not fret over net calories today & try to drink plenty of water.

)

So very sorry for your loss. Losing a lifelong colleague is very hard. But what a nice time to reflect and celebrate the life that was lost. You are always so food at prelogging and reviewing ahead.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Okay so I'm reinstating my motto from 2017..

Strive for progress, not perfection.

So with this in mind here are my goals
    - 8 glasses of water (or more than 4)
    - Be in the green
    - Exercise (a short one is better than nothing)
    - Tidy up! (finish off from yesterday)

This is my goal as well .... strive for progress, not perfection!
  • mytime6630
    edited December 2018
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    Greetings MFP's ! I hope all is going well for you and in your parts of the world. I've not been on here for a while but know that I think of you often.

OMG -- welcome back! We were all wondering how you have been ... and missing your positive, encouraging posts! So happy to see you back. But, so sorry about your sons miscarriage. I will never forget the day I miscarried .. a very sad time, and like you said, so hard to see your children going through this. Hugs to you. And again, so happy you are back with us!

And love the video .. thanks for sharing
  • mytime6630
    Options
    So many posts ... I'll try and read through more tonite to just get caught up. But love you guys! I hope we all have a great day today!
  • Caseyloupuckett
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »

So glad you came back and posted. I find when I have bad days, those are the most important days to post. It is easy to post, and have all the smiley faces, and feel great because I've know I had a good day. But this is a lifelong lifestyle change, and the habits that got us in trouble are the habits the hardest to break. It is hard to get on here and admit that the day did not go as planned. But thats the thing about this site... when you have a bad day... people on here are so quick and encouraging to remind us that it is just ONE day. That tomorrow we can do better. And the most important thing is to never give up. So please keep coming back .. no matter what. We are like family here .... and the most amazing "friends" on here. It is truly one day at a time!

Thank you i really appreciate it.
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options

So onward and upwards!

JFT, 12-3-18

1. Up at 6😁
    2. Store by 6:30😁
    3. Work on straightening the living room/bedroom🙄
    4. Put the skirt around the tree😀
    5. Put dinner in the crock🙄
    6. Take over Mom and Dad's house😁
    7. Bake cookies but be sensible when tasting😭
    8. Have fun decorating with the DH😀
    9. Do laundry!😀
    10. Dinner/Dishes😭
    11. DH time😀
    12. Bed early!🤣

JFT, 12-4-18

1. Log all food ✔️
    2. Drink LOTS of water to flush out sugar from last night's cookie binge✔️
    3. Bring lunch to work✔️
    4. Work 815-515✔️
    5. Put food in crock pot!✔️
    6. Dinner/dishes✔️
    7. DH time✔️
    8. Bed by 1030❌11

JFT 12-5-18

1. Log all food❌
    2. Bring lunch to work✔️
    3. Work 815-4✔️
    4. Call PT✔️
    5. Call barber shop❌
    6. Submit claim✔️
    7. Pick up B at 5✔️
    8. Eat sensibly at dinner✖️
    9. Have fun!✔️
    10. Home by 830✔️
    11. Bed by 1030✔️

JFT 12-6-18

1. Work until 5
    2. Figure out dinner
    3. Don't worry too much about the car. It'll work out as it should
    4. Fold clothes!!!!!
    5. Wrap presents
    6. Call barber shop for M
    7. Bed by 1030
  • Caseyloupuckett
    Options

So onward and upwards!

JFT, 12-3-18

1. Up at 6😁
    2. Store by 6:30😁
    3. Work on straightening the living room/bedroom🙄
    4. Put the skirt around the tree😀
    5. Put dinner in the crock🙄
    6. Take over Mom and Dad's house😁
    7. Bake cookies but be sensible when tasting😭
    8. Have fun decorating with the DH😀
    9. Do laundry!😀
    10. Dinner/Dishes😭
    11. DH time😀
    12. Bed early!🤣

JFT, 12-4-18

1. Log all food ✔️
    2. Drink LOTS of water to flush out sugar from last night's cookie binge✔️
    3. Bring lunch to work✔️
    4. Work 815-515✔️
    5. Put food in crock pot!✔️
    6. Dinner/dishes✔️
    7. DH time✔️
    8. Bed by 1030❌11

JFT 12-5-18

1. Log all food❌
    2. Bring lunch to work✔️
    3. Work 815-4✔️
    4. Call PT✔️
    5. Call barber shop❌
    6. Submit claim✔️
    7. Pick up B at 5✔️
    8. Eat sensibly at dinner✖️
    9. Have fun!✔️
    10. Home by 830✔️
    11. Bed by 1030✔️

JFT 12-6-18

1. Work until 5
    2. Figure out dinner
    3. Don't worry too much about the car. It'll work out as it should
    4. Fold clothes!!!!!
    5. Wrap presents
    6. Call barber shop for M
    7. Bed by 1030

Good job and you got this girl!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options

Gallon of water 50%
    Journal everything ✔

Jft
    8hrs of sleep
    Gallon of water
    Journal everything
    10000 steps today
    Be kind to myself

I'm so glad you DID post today! I personally think it's the days that I was the naughtiest are the days I need to post the most, so I remind myself what I want to do different today. Doesn't mean I do anything different, but it is a daily reminder!

And I think it looks like you did GREAT! You actually accomplished 2/3 of your goals! That's fantastic! That 0.2 lb gain today is probably just sodium which will wash right out of your system today if you drink your water!

Good job!
  • Caseyloupuckett
    Options

Gallon of water 50%
    Journal everything ✔

Jft
    8hrs of sleep
    Gallon of water
    Journal everything
    10000 steps today
    Be kind to myself

I'm so glad you DID post today! I personally think it's the days that I was the naughtiest are the days I need to post the most, so I remind myself what I want to do different today. Doesn't mean I do anything different, but it is a daily reminder!

And I think it looks like you did GREAT! You actually accomplished 2/3 of your goals! That's fantastic! That 0.2 lb gain today is probably just sodium which will wash right out of your system today if you drink your water!

Good job!

Unfortunately because im super dumb and made a foolish choice i felt so crappy about it i went on a little binge. And even though im not hungry theres a part of me that wants to keep eating because i feel so upset and crappy
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    JFT
    Got up, washed up, got dressed by 5:30,😁
    Took Meds😁
    Got kids up at 6:45😁
    Kids dressed out the door at 7:50😑
    Kids on bus at 8:12😃
    Checked CATS bus line and schedule at 8:20☺(Thinking about travelling this way since car is down)
    Back home at 8:45☺
    Drank 1cup coffee☺
    Turned on music and danced.. Done by 9:20😀 testing the knees... Left one still hurts.
    10.. Doctor called. I have a scheduled appointment for the 13th for X-rays😕
    Made phone calls and texts until 11a.m.😊
    Went outside to work on Christmas decor..1 1/2 hours
    Dishes at 7p.m. 😀
    Doing paper work.
    Rub down with analgesic cream on my knees
    Read
    Bed by 11
  • Caseyloupuckett
    Options
    JFT
    Got up, washed up, got dressed by 5:30,😁
    Took Meds😁
    Got kids up at 6:45😁
    Kids dressed out the door at 7:50😑
    Kids on bus at 8:12😃
    Checked CATS bus line and schedule at 8:20☺(Thinking about travelling this way since car is down)
    Back home at 8:45☺
    Drank 1cup coffee☺
    Turned on music and danced.. Done by 9:20😀 testing the knees... Left one still hurts.
    10.. Doctor called. I have a scheduled appointment for the 13th for X-rays😕
    Made phone calls and texts until 11a.m.😊
    Went outside to work on Christmas decor..1 1/2 hours
    Dishes at 7p.m. 😀
    Doing paper work.
    Rub down with analgesic cream on my knees
    Read
    Bed by 11

Good job!