JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    @maryrobinson40 Hi👋 I'm Hannah! I live in NJ with my husband Matt and my cat Panda.

✋ I'm Mary and live in North Carolina, 54 yrs. young, and separated after 19yrs. of marriage and he left me sort of...we're friends still... But absolutely no sexual relationship. We remained friends. Story too long... LMBO.
    My daughters, I have 3 and they are grown.. I'm doing this program for me.
    That too is long so I'm gonna stop before I scare you away... Lol

Haha you would scare us away! How old are your daughters? I'm curious (as I also have 3 girls) what are the teenage years like? :lol:

My oldest daughter will be 32 in September, 29, and 28.
    Man! How time goes by.. Teen years went well until they turned 17.. Let's just say,"Fasten Your Seatbelt". I'll start praying for you now. I will say this, try not to hold on too tightly. They will be faced with a lot of things. And you'll find that your unconditional love will intensify, and you have to have every confidence in yourself that you've given them what they need through the years to survive on their on. It can have it's moments, and don't beat yourself up if you make any mistakes. Keep in mind, they are an extension of you and their father, therefore you'll instinctively know how to deal with them in any situation. It's a beautiful responsibility, raising children. They're funny, sneaky, trusting, and more often believe in you more than you would believe in yourself. Mine, are the best gift I've ever received. You'll be just fine.
    Ok, now I'm feeling all emotional... Lol…. Being A Mom... Priceless💖
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options

JFT, 8/6/18

1. Log all my food 😀
    2. Up by 6😀
    3. Yoga/Gym😀
    4. Make lunches for us😀
    5. Work 8:15-5:15😀
    6. ACTUALLY EAT LUNCH😀
    7. Dinner/Dishes😀
    8. Spend some time focusing on Matt😀
    9. Shower/face/teeth by 9:30😅10pm but close enough
    10. Tech off my 10 🤣 It's currently 10:20
    11. Bed by 11😀 Probably or close to it

August Challenge:

5. 😇
    6. 😇

• maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I got in 46oz. of water today... YIPPIEEEEE!! I'm on a comeback.
    I exercised... OUCH! I got over 1,100 steps in which is a big deal for me because of my knees. Degenerative Arthritis in both, but the right is the worst.
    I'm totally stoked about being able to do this. Oh Yeah!! FAT...YOU'RE GOING DOWN!.. Lol…... I'm Rambo... Nope, I'm Wonder Woman... Ok whatever... Lol….. I'm going to beat this thing.
  • juhishringi6
    juhishringi6 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I want to join u ...add me plz
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,216 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    JFT, Sat
    1. log all food :)
    2. go to the gym :)
    3. concentrate on water :)
    4. plan food ... eat lightly since going out to eat in the evening :)

NOTE: This was Saturday -- which I did great on. But. ... got in late saturday nite, and didn't post sunday goals. Had more incidents with my daughter, and gave in again. It got too late to post last nite, and I didn't post Monday goals. As a result ..... TWO really bad, emotional eating days again :'(

But.... I will be back on track tomorrow .... yes I will!

SO JFT, TUesday
    1. log ALL food
    2. concentrate on water
    3. go to the gym
    4. no emotional eating .... eat only what I have planned
    5. August challenge ... ONE snack, and then close the kitchen!!!

Starting weight Aug 1: 197.2.
    Goal weight for Sept 1: 190
    (I know this is agressive, but I gained 3 lbs the past 2 days, so I am really hoping those pounds will come off quickly, and the rest ... well... I'm going work my butt of to keep the challenges I set.

August Challenge: Plan just ONE evening snack, then close the kitchen

1: Evening snack was a hard boiled egg, kitchen closed at 9pm :)
    2: Planned on a HB egg, but had 1/4c. raisin bran and some milk. It is now 9:15 pm - so a little later, but only because I wanted to color my hair first! :)
    3: Was out late, and had a glass of wine at 10:00 -- hubby wanted popcorn, so I had a very small amount, but still ,that was at 10:30!!! >:):/ But ....... I still did not eat too much, just that the klondike bar was way more calories than I thought. Lesson ... look up calories FIRST!
    4 .. no evening snack, and did great all day :)
    5... Worrying about my daughter; emotional eating:) >:):/
    6 ... emotional eating >:):/:/
  • mytime6630
    Options
    I want to join u ...add me plz

You can join whenever you want .... just start posting goals, and then come back the next day!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Back from holidays and actually weirdly happy to be back to routine! Weighed in this morning and have actually dropped a couple of pounds while away. I guess all that lovely Mediterranean fruit and veg and seafood along with a lot of activity counteracted the ice-cream, frozen yoghurt and lying in the sun!

I’m pleased that I was able to do this without any food scales and just loose guesstimate tracking. But I kind of wish I’d let myself have more ice-cream/desserts in retrospect! >:)

Anyway, back to the programme...

Tuesday goals
    - morning workout (today was going to be a rest day but I’m up early so will give it a go..)
    - Pick up kitten from cat-sitter
    - Walk with kids to grab lunch and pick up some groceries
    - Laundry
    - April to August challenges - water, go for walk outside, avoid emotional or post holiday tiredness binging, last snack (protein shake) by 9:30
    - Early night

Have a great day all! X
  • michelle1173
    michelle1173 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I thought I posted this late at night, but I kept a copy of it. 8/6
    Out of bed by 7:30 am - Nope, I was an hour late
    Complete task list--I did not complete everything but did some difficult work I didn't want to do.
    Only play phone /computer games if finish tasks--not quite, but I didn't go as overboard as I have in the past.
    No more than four 15 min checks on social media--a little over, but I did it in between work.
    At least 15 min workout or walk--YES!
    Only eat it hungry - YES!

I had my toddler home with me because he was sick. He'll be home with me again tomorrow.

Jft 8/7

1. Out of bed by 8:30 (trying to be more realistic this time)
    2.Continue task list. Get to items I couldn't do and continue the longterm work.
    3. Don't over do time on social media
    4. Don't over do it with addictive games
    5. Only eat if hungry
    6. 15 min exercise
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Tuesday:

1. AM run: 18 laps. Feed cats. Shower. Morning meds. Tea! Take lunch.
    2. Breakfast: McDonald's! Post music news on board. Check on possibility of conference - MS or DK or TH?
    3. Check on Week 3 lessons. Find printed PDFs; print any not previously printed.
    4. Find D and check on available dates in February. Call PCP for checkup. Call parents. Update class website. Grade and input homework and reflections.
    5. Write blog post. Write discussion comments.
    6. 5:30 Zumba at Y. Dinner: Shwarma? Chop more celery. Meds. In bed by 9:30; set alarm for 5:15.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    Today: 182.6

Upcoming to-do:
    1. Check blogroll and follow bloggers on Twitter.
    2. Write next blog post.
    3. Find PDFs. Finish printing. Check lesson plans for Week 3.
    4. Create discussion post comments. Begin week 5 essay.
    5. Call PCP to set up checkup. Check with D about substitute.
    6. Write L8 post.
    7. Call parents. Update class websites.
    8. Check on conference; create seminar proposal.[/quote]

• HEGoddard0928
    Options
    So last night I set my alarm for 6 am. It went off as planned. I got up and changed it to 7. I then realized that if I didnt feed Panda he would spend the next hour bugging me for food. I fed him, and the coffee pot is right in the same location as his food bowl so I made the decision to make a cup of coffee and not go back to bed! This is a huge win for me! Today could have easily turned into a multiple snooze kind of day. I just sat on the couch and snoozed for a few minutes. I think I am going to need to set an alarm just in case! Lol.

Okay, so onto goals!

JFT, 8/7/18

1. Log all food
    2. Up@ 6
    3. Make lunch!
    4. EAT LUNCH
    5. Work 815-515
    6. Prelog dinner
    7. Dinner/dishes
    8. Fold clothes
    9. Nightly routine by 930
    10. Tech off by 1015
    11. Lights out by 11

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,083 Member
    Options
    I actually did pretty badly last night, I had a late night snack, well, more like a late night meal!
    Over the day I ate nearly 2000 calories in total but burned off around 600 I think?
    I'm 181 over anyway.

I'm doing well today so far though! Got 1000 calories left and only dinner to have.

Also quick question,
    So you ever know when you've burnt the calories off?
    For example this morning I was hungry so I had breakfast, let's say this was 100cals. I then painted for an hour and this burned 200 cals. So basically burnt off what I ate and more and afterwards I felt starving! Earlier than I would if I had sat and done nothing

Just wondered if anyone else had the same x
  • auntmosmail
    auntmosmail Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Last night was my third night in a row of work and I work tonight! To say the least, I'm pretty tired. Each shift has been busy and exhausting, too. But I'm surviving! I really love my job (Pediatric Oncology Nurse)! All of this is to say that I forgot to post yesterday!! Overall I have accomplished my goals for the last two days (which were that same as the ones for today).
    I hope everyone is doing well!

Goals for today:
    Sleep!!
    Drink two 24 oz bottles of water at work
    No extra snacking at work
    Eat breakfast at home after work
    Stay within my 1409 calorie goal
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Last night was my third night in a row of work and I work tonight! To say the least, I'm pretty tired. Each shift has been busy and exhausting, too. But I'm surviving! I really love my job (Pediatric Oncology Nurse)! All of this is to say that I forgot to post yesterday!! Overall I have accomplished my goals for the last two days (which were that same as the ones for today).
    I hope everyone is doing well!

Goals for today:
    Sleep!!
    Drink two 24 oz bottles of water at work
    No extra snacking at work
    Eat breakfast at home after work
    Stay within my 1409 calorie goal

Nice work with the goals!
    Is oncology for cancer patients?
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,492 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Recap M 8/6 ~ still v humid & 70 at 5:30 a.m. so decided to sleep in & take rest day :|
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 10,769 steps, 250+ steps 13/14 & 61 floors :smiley:
    2) Usual breakfast, lunch & snacks prelogged / supper will be with friends at local zoo's Feast with the Beasts ~ area restaurants provide food & beverage samples throughout the zoo + absolutely no idea how/if I will be able to log ~ enjoy event (including one friend's bday) + not stress over calories = Way over-indulged in evening... unexpected thundershower started 5 min. into event, which kept lines short and easy to get many samples. Deluge at one point & shared umbrellas = wet clothes. My sandals got so soaked that my feet squished when I walked, and I had to peel off my shorts and shirt once home (completely wet down the back, front semi-dry). We totally had a blast! Many samples of food, including duck bruschetta and a delectable chocolate & whipped cream thing, and lots of tastes of various adult beverages. No way was I going to attempt to log all that! :p Moving on.... :D
    3) At least 12c water = Nope ~ only 8c :s
    4) Stay on track at work / do not dwell on crap at my job or hubby's = Not great, not bad :|
    5) Unplug 9:30 (home?) :smile: / floss :s / retainers :smiley: / bed & TV off 10:15 :smiley: (walk dog before work T ~ weather s/b improved)

JFT T 8/7
    1) Walked dog before work / 3.18 mi 55:48 / stretched = happy dog :smiley: & happy me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    3) Prelog meals & snacks / net calories green
    4) Evening: feed Kitty & dog then leave IMMEDIATELY for spa appt.
    5) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / retainers / bed & TV off 10:15 (walk dog before work W)

Evening Snack Challenge ~ I will not snack past 9 p.m.
    1. Peanut M&Ms (wanted something sweet) when got home at 9 p.m. + logged
    2. 1 chocolate power muffin before 8:30
    3. 1/4c chicken salad after 9:00 (emotional eating) :s
    4. Peanut M&Ms 9:00
    5. Nothing after supper :star:
    6. Nothing after Feast w/ the Beasts ended at 8pm :p
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Posting this morning as my computer was updating last night. Woke up with a cold :( In August-why! So today's goals will be around taking it easy.

For today (Monday):
    No snooze ✅
    House chores ✅
    Block off two hours in work week for report writing-my week is super busy! So I'll have to wait for cancels
    30 minutes exercise ✅
    Track food and exercise ✅
    Eat all servings of 5 food groups ✅
    Meet 1200-1400 net calories, counting exercise ✅
    Water challenge-80 oz. ✅
    Post here for accountability + sleep hrs. ✅-Sunday night slept 6 hours, not off to a great start

For tomorrow (Tuesday):
    Take it easy at work
    House chores
    30 minutes exercise OR go to bed 1 hour early (depending on how I feel)
    Track food and exercise
    Eat all servings of 5 food groups
    Meet 1200-1400 net calories, counting exercise
    Water challenge-80 oz.
    Post here for accountability + sleep hrs.
  • josephinebowman
    josephinebowman Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Sneaking back in-this was the most helpful posting area from my 'before.' I am now 'actively uncontrolled diabetic.' Sigh. I will not be eating out for Thanksgiving this year-that's when everything went south last year. TODAY-I will stick the plan and add more vegs when I can. I will go to water aerobics. I did weed eat for about 20 minutes but too hot and smuggy now that the day hasn't rained. Seems like it rained daily for three weeks and I am sure I saw a thunderstorm in the forecast! And I saw a sister above had chicken salad-I have tuna and now am inspired to make tuna salad tomorrow--Thanks! Looking up doctor's strict diabetic diet. Right now I have dueling doctors so I will just do what I can this day.
    Wednesday-while I am here.
    A. Drink 8+ cups mostly water based stuff-the more ice cubes the more I can drink. Will tell son to make ice cubes as my icemaker won't.
    B. Stick the calories and avoid all salt and sugar and carbs except eat any vegetable I see. Write down a plan. I love plans.
    C. Make tuna salad. I need lite miracle whip or may have seen an oil and vinegar recipe. AND one rib of celery. Celery just isn't a high use item here.
    D. Spend 1 hour in yard-argh, maybe it will rain.
    E. Volunteer 2 hours at church...so i need to
    F. Go to 8 am Y water class and then have son do 9 swim lesson and stay for 10 Y class.
    G. 1 load dishes, 1 load laundry
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Sneaking back in-this was the most helpful posting area from my 'before.'

Welcome back .... we missed you! As you can see, many of us are still here. I though have been struggling, but at least I have not gained back what I lost last year. But like you, for me things went south around Halloween time .... and thats when I stopped losing, and having the hardest time to get that motivation back. I still have 10-15 pounds to lose to be in the "healthy" range, but I am thankful for this thread, in that I have not regained much of what I lost last year!
    But we are happy to see you back!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Reminding myself of my goals today, and to NOT let 2 emotional eating days turn into 3.

And boy, do I feel crappy! WHY doesn't our brain remind us of how awful we are going to feel 2-3 days after eating way too much junk stuff. Our bodies feel so much better when we eat healthy.... so all my emotional eating did absolutely NO good at all ... just made me feel sluggish. And gee.... still didn't solve any problems :s

SO JFT, TUesday
    1. log ALL food
    2. concentrate on water
    3. go to the gym
  • Bex953172
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    Reminding myself of my goals today, and to NOT let 2 emotional eating days turn into 3.

And boy, do I feel crappy! WHY doesn't our brain remind us of how awful we are going to feel 2-3 days after eating way too much junk stuff. Our bodies feel so much better when we eat healthy.... so all my emotional eating did absolutely NO good at all ... just made me feel sluggish. And gee.... still didn't solve any problems :s

SO JFT, TUesday
    1. log ALL food
    2. concentrate on water
    3. go to the gym

Come on Joan you CAN do this! You can!! Tell your emotions to *kitten* off, even if you have to shout it out loud and your husband looks bewildered just do it!
    Just do it for tonight! Do it because you want to prove yourself wrong, do it to have control, do it to prove you are not weaker than your emotions even though they kick you when you're down, do it to prove to yourself you're not giving up! Do it because you want to be 1lb down not 1lb up!
    Do it... Because you CAN.
  • HEGoddard0928
    Options
    Today has been a weird day. Busy then slow then busy again! Now I'm twiddling my thumbs again waiting desperately for 5pm! 😴 I've had four cups of coffee and I think I'm about to make a fifth.

We have a IT guy here in my branch who is about to take it system down for a few minutes so I will be even more bored. I'm just hoping that no customers come in... That would be really annoying. Lol.

I've got 2 more doses of my antibiotics left and then I'll be done with that. That will make me happy. I'm having a hard time remembering to take them because I have to take them at a different time then my other ones. 😫

The DH is off from work today and I think he fell asleep on the couch. 😑 I wish he was awake to talk to.

I'm having fun with smiley faces as you can see! Lol