Replies

• AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    JFT Monday Recap
    1. Log all food :)
    2. Be kind >:) Oiiioiiioiii. Had a horrible attitude, felt possessed almost -turned into an anxiety attack (which I have not had about a decade)
    3. Lots of water :)
    4. Eat when hungry - stop when full :)
    5. Send back old phone :)
    6. Pick up mosquito magnet at 5 :)
    7. Drop off donate bag at lunch :)
    8. Empty out dressers, toss/donate/keep (Remember, just because you throw away the object does not mean you throw away the memory!) :)<3 And bathroom and closet! Proud of this one - donated another 2 boxes of stuff that I let go as a little therapy last night.

Yesterday afternoon was BAD. We left work and I had an attitude about everything. DH asked if I was okay and I nearly ripped his head off. I felt my quiet little voice deep down inside me saying, "relax - he loves you, he's just concerned, not fault blaming" but louder than my voice was some mean awful nasty thought that everything was awful and he hated me and a ton of other awful noise that I could not shut up. I got to the point where I could not catch my breath and had a complete fit and melt down. I took some kava tincture when I got home and it helped a ton - but holy moly! I forgot how powerless you feel in that situation. Shout out to anyone struggling - you are super heroes. I'm in a better head space than I have been in so long, but stress physically manifests so quickly for me and that was a swift reminder. Back to happy thoughts, sunshine, and good vibes today.

JFT Tuesday
    1. Log all food
    2. Lots of water
    3. Meds AM and PM
    4. Pick up towel order
    5. Drop off donations
    6. Stop at farm for half and half
    7. Make more coffee
    8. Cook dinner at home

@ABJ1014.. You're not the only one to have those moments, but hugs for you recognizing the emotions and coming back to self. Some get in that mode and it lasts for days... It's a thief.. It robs you of energy, time, and power... Kudos on the donations and the positivity!!! Love it! You managed to turn a frown around..☺😀😁😍

Thank you Mary! Love your positivy in this thread! It's nice to meet you! I'm Ali :)

@ABJ1014 Hi Ali... Like that name... Just wanted to let you know you're doing great, even with "life stuff" going on. Personally, you're motivating me to do more. I love how organized you all are on here. I don't have a journal yet, nor do I have a planner. Basically what I've been doing is jotting things on paper and when I'm done, toss it. You use what you got when you're jobless.
    Anyway, I'm proud of you! Have a good evening🌹

Thanks, Mary!!!! You're doing a great job - use what ya got! Proud of you too! Have a wonderful evening, see ya tomorrow!
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Today's accomplishments
    1- Paid Car Insurance
    2- Went To DMV to get sticker for the jeep
    3- Went Had Jeep inspected
    4- Got 1,100 steps in and counting
    Still have to go out again, came home to log in MFP
    It's sooo hot today... Can't wait to get done and settle in for the evening.
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!!! Yay! I'm home and I have put in a solid 15 minute workout. I achieved 2,000 steps, and aerobics... YIPPIEEEEE!!! I'm sweating and glad about it. And drank 46oz. of water so far.
    Tomorrow morning I plan to get up early and start stepping.
    I love you guys and dolls.... 😍
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Wednesday
    1. AM run: 18 laps. Feed cats. Shower. Morning meds. Tea! Take lunch.
    2. Breakfast: oatmeal. Check on possibility of conference - MS or DK or TH? Organize surveys. Review "how to show you care" prompt.
    3. Check on Week 3 lessons. Check on adding Socratic seminar to week 2.
    4. Call D for checkup. Call parents. Update class website. Grade and input homework and reflections.
    5. Write blog post. Write discussion comments.
    6. Head to Y after school. Chop more celery. Meds. In bed by 9:30; set alarm for 5:15.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    Today: 182.4

JFT Thursday
    1. AM run: 18 laps. Feed cats. Shower. Morning meds. Tea! Take lunch.
    2. Breakfast: oatmeal. Check on possibility of conference - MS or DK or TH? Review "how to show you care" prompt.
    3. Revise Week 3 lessons. Print Socratic seminar forms. Check Week 8.
    4. Call D for checkup. Call parents. Update class website. Grade and input homework and reflections.
    5. Write blog post. Begin essay.
    6. 5:30 Zumba. Quiz. Chop more celery. Meds. In bed by 9:30; set alarm for 5:15.

Upcoming to-do:
    1. Check blogroll and follow bloggers on Twitter.
    2. Write next blog post.
    3. Find PDFs. Finish printing. Check lesson plans for Week 3.
    4. Create discussion post comments. Begin week 5 essay.
    5. Call PCP to set up checkup. Check with D about substitute.
    6. Write L8 post.
    7. Call parents. Update class websites.
    8. Check on conference; create seminar proposal.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,221 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Struggling to get back on track this week. For reason reason, really down in the dumps. I think when my daughter is not doing so well... neither do it. But ... one day at a time. Her doc has been cutting her meds, so back to increasing them slightly, so hopefully that will help.
    So tonite I stocked up on fruits and veggies

JFT, Thurs
    1. go to the gym!! This always starts my day out right
    2. log all food
    3. concentrate on water
    4. encourage someone on here. when we help others, it helps outself
    5. plan dinner (already planned - love my instant pot!!!)
    6. august challenge
    7. go out for a nice, slow evening walk with hubby
    8. get out my journal, and write down my feelings instead of eating them.

August Challenge: Plan just ONE evening snack, then close the kitchen
    1: Evening snack was a hard boiled egg, kitchen closed at 9pm :)
    2: Planned on a HB egg, but had 1/4c. raisin bran and some milk. It is now 9:15 pm - so a little later, but only because I wanted to color my hair first! :)
    3: Was out late, and had a glass of wine at 10:00 -- hubby wanted popcorn, so I had a very small amount, but still ,that was at 10:30!!! >:):/ But ....... I still did not eat too much, just that the klondike bar was way more calories than I thought. Lesson ... look up calories FIRST!
    4 .. no evening snack, and did great all day :)
    5... Worrying about my daughter; emotional eating:) >:):/
    6 ... emotional eating >:):/:/
    7. ... emotional eating >:):/:/
    8. Just got home tonite ... so kitchen is closed :)
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!!! Yay! I'm home and I have put in a solid 15 minute workout. I achieved 2,000 steps, and aerobics... YIPPIEEEEE!!! I'm sweating and glad about it. And drank 46oz. of water so far.
    Tomorrow morning I plan to get up early and start stepping.
    I love you guys and dolls.... 😍

Great day for you!!!!
  • auntmosmail
    auntmosmail Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Goals for yesterday:
    Sleep!! Check 😴
    Drink two 24 oz bottles of water at work: No, only one and a half
    No extra snacking at work: Nope! I finally caved... I ate 6 snacks!!
    Eat breakfast at home after work ✔
    Stay within my 1409 calorie goal: Nope, snacks!!

Goals for today:
    Complete packing for Iceland
    Buy tennis shoes
    Dishes
    Water plants
    Prune plants
    Laundry
  • auntmosmail
    auntmosmail Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Last night was my third night in a row of work and I work tonight! To say the least, I'm pretty tired. Each shift has been busy and exhausting, too. But I'm surviving! I really love my job (Pediatric Oncology Nurse)! All of this is to say that I forgot to post yesterday!! Overall I have accomplished my goals for the last two days (which were that same as the ones for today).
    I hope everyone is doing well!

Goals for today:
    Sleep!!
    Drink two 24 oz bottles of water at work
    No extra snacking at work
    Eat breakfast at home after work
    Stay within my 1409 calorie goal

Nice work with the goals!
    Is oncology for cancer patients?

Yep! We have cancer patients and others with different blood disorders.
  • michelle1173
    michelle1173 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Jft 8/8

1. Don't oversleep. Need to get toddler to daycare. Yes
    2. Continue working on the same longterm projects on previous task list. Yes, but only focus3d on one task
    3. Don't overdo social media or addictive games-not as muxh social media and less games, but still feing like I need them to de-stress
    4. Only eat when hungry. Yes
    5. 15, of exercise - no..

Jft 8/9
    1. Don't oversleep.
    2. Continue working on the same longterm projects on previous task list. Try to hmm on different tasks than yesterday
    3. Don't overdo social media or addictive games--games only at end of day
    4. Only eat when hungry.
    5. 15 nin of exercise -
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    Struggling to get back on track this week. For reason reason, really down in the dumps. I think when my daughter is not doing so well... neither do it. But ... one day at a time. Her doc has been cutting her meds, so back to increasing them slightly, so hopefully that will help.

JFT, Thurs
    2. log all food
    3. concentrate on water
    6. august challenge

2: Planned on a HB egg, but had 1/4c. raisin bran and some milk. It is now 9:15 pm - so a little later, but only because I wanted to color my hair first! :)
    3: Was out late, and had a glass of wine at 10:00 -- hubby wanted popcorn, so I had a very small amount, but still ,that was at 10:30!!! >:):/ But ....... I still did not eat too much, just that the klondike bar was way more calories than I thought. Lesson ... look up calories FIRST!

@mytime6630 ✋🙏👼💖 Love for you and your family. I haven't been on here long, but if you don't mind my asking, what's the issue with your daughter? And it's ok if you don't want to share.
    But I care.
    Nevertheless, here's my hand as well. You're welcome to squeeze it any time, and here's a hug for you🌹
    Hope you have a good day.
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    I did 3,092 steps this morning plus low impact aerobics before 6:30a.m.
    Fasting breakfast, but drinking green tea and water.
    The plan is to get in more movement and build on it each day.
    And light cleaning on the agenda as well.
    *QUESTION ...WHY is it, before you start your journey to weight loss, other people don't like sharing their food, but the moment you dig in and start working on your weight...Now everyone wants to feed you something?.. LMBO😁 I'm just saying....
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,514 Member
    Options
    Recap W 8/8
    1) Walked dog before work & saw 1 bunny / 3.67 mi 1:01:24 / stretched = happy dog B) & happy me B)
    2) Meals & snacks prelogged / stick w/ plan / net calories green = net calories green (barely), sodium -58, sugar -10, fiber & protein excellent, 14c water :smiley:
    3) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 14,750 steps, 250+ steps 14/14 (boom!) & 34 floors :smiley:
    4) Evening: brew tea :smiley: / maybe city band concert / at least 1 more to-do :smiley: drained overfull rain barrel, rinsed & refilled birdbaths, watered all planters on patio
    5) Unplug 9:30 :smiley: / floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / bed & TV off 10:15 :smiley:(walk dog before work Th)

JFT R 8/9 ~ slept poorly + reset alarm = no walk before work + sad dog :/
    1) Meals & snacks prelogged / stick w/ plan / net calories w/i 100 green
    2) Be respectful and attentive during dept. training this morning (very basic, I could teach this, but sadly, skills lacking in mgmt & dept)
    3) Evening at least 2-3 to-do's
    4) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / bed & TV off 10:15 (walk dog before work F)

Evening Snack Challenge ~ my goal to not snack past 9 p.m.
    1. Peanut M&Ms (wanted something sweet) when got home at 9 p.m. + logged
    2. 1 chocolate power muffin before 8:30
    3. 1/4c chicken salad after 9:00 (emotional eating) :s
    4. Peanut M&Ms 9:00
    5. Nothing after supper :star:
    6. Nothing after Feast w/ the Beasts ended at 8pm :p
    7. Late supper after spa/massage appt. & nothing after 8pm :smile:
    8. Nothing after supper :star:
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,798 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options

The heat was brutal yesterday. We grilled chicken thighs for dinner but I just had no appetite - so we saved those for lunch today and had some snacks later in the evening when I was a little hungry. Thought about eating a meal just to eat a meal but I just couldnt stomach it so I had some calorie dense salami and cheese - calories were not bad at days end. I feel better today - good morning with protein shake, packed lunches, and I can cook something for dinner - pigs in a blanket probably. The next few weeks I am on a strict financial diet too. I've been practicing small habits over the past few months; no coffee drive thru except Sunday, no take out for lunch, and only one take out/week at most. I'm going to extend that to no clothes shopping for the next month (at least - trying to hold out for a whole new wardrobe come spring). I also want to stick to a strict(er) grocery budget - we typically spend $100/week for 2 people including all home products too (toilet paper, cleaning supplies, etc) but I think I can realistically get it more towards $75 on the regular with some smarter shopping. I'm realizing that the next few weeks my priorities are going to shift to 1. mental health, 2. finances, and 3. Healthy eating. This is OKAY, this is GOOD, this is preparing! I've been so focused on the healthy eating and I've been lucky and privileged to be able to do so without much hinderance or distraction, and every opportunity to buy what I need to help me along. I will absolutely be continuing with my habits, but I'm trying to be realistic in what to expect in the next few months moving into a new house - being as on point as I have been will probably be hard, so I will NOT beat myself up over it. Trusting the process more than ever now and excited to build more healthy habits in all aspects of life.

Hope you are feeling better soon. The heat and smoke here is making meals very unappetizing. I like your financial diet. My daughter and SIL about every two-three months have a no-spend month. They are both terrible with money and buy what they want when they want it. They started this last year in an effort to discipline themselves and it seems to be working well for them. They still of course, buy food etc, but no eating out, no clothes, no entertainment, no books, etc.

I don't know if 75.00/week would be enough for a grocery budget here, mind you I'm not even sure $100.00 would be. I seem to spend so much money on food and 90% of the time it is just the two of us. I should start tracking that better.

• Snowflake1968
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »

JFT, Thurs
    2. log all food
    3. concentrate on water
    6. august challenge

Looking at your August Challenge you are hitting it 50% of the time, considering you were struggling to log in at all when you were stressed you are doing awesome! I hope that they get your daughter's meds balanced soon to give you both some peace.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Jft 8/8

1. Don't oversleep. Need to get toddler to daycare. Yes
    2. Continue working on the same longterm projects on previous task list. Yes, but only focus3d on one task
    3. Don't overdo social media or addictive games-not as muxh social media and less games, but still feing like I need them to de-stress
    4. Only eat when hungry. Yes
    5. 15, of exercise - no..

Jft 8/9
    1. Don't oversleep.
    2. Continue working on the same longterm projects on previous task list. Try to hmm on different tasks than yesterday
    3. Don't overdo social media or addictive games--games only at end of day
    4. Only eat when hungry.
    5. 15 nin of exercise -

Do you feel like the games are taking up your whole day and making you miss out with family and activities or is it a true stress relief for you? I would think that if it's just a stress relief allowing yourself 5 minutes off and on throughout the day is a good thing if it keeps you from eating your stress.

My husband can become very addicted to games very fast to the exclusion of all else, I don't think that is healthy at all. I don't play any games, just check in on here and fb throughout the day when I'm bored.
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    *QUESTION ...WHY is it, before you start your journey to weight loss, other people don't like sharing their food, but the moment you dig in and start working on your weight...Now everyone wants to feed you something?.. LMBO😁 I'm just saying....

I don't know, but the sheer amount of food we get offered at my job is kind of staggering. Donuts, cakes, hot dogs, potato chips, etc. As my dad says "all the unhealthiest stuff possible". LOL.

I'm not totally caught up on the thread, but congrats on the contract Snowflake! That's pure awesomeness. How's the new position going?

Bex, on another mfp board, someone recommended radishes as a snack. I find that they are a great evening snack because with the spiciness I don't want to eat a bunch of them. Just cut in half, sprinkle with a tiny bit of salt, and crunch away. I also eat cucumbers and fruit. Or, you know, like last night, french fries. Le sigh. :(

But in GENERAL the radishes really work for me.

I need to get back to daily goals. I don't have access to mfp at work and it's really messing with my commitment. I'm off today so here goes:

1. Log everything I eat and stay under goal.
    2. Drink 6 glasses of water (I've been at 4 for a week now, so I'm going to aim for a 50% bump today.)
    3. Grocery shopping at Aldi.
    4. Cook chickpeas for curry tomorrow.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options

LOL I hadn't thought about that, but it's so true. Everyone I know wants to go out for lunches and dinners since I've started losing. I would prefer to go for a walk with them for a visit instead.

• Snowflake1968
    Options

I don't know, but the sheer amount of food we get offered at my job is kind of staggering. Donuts, cakes, hot dogs, potato chips, etc. As my dad says "all the unhealthiest stuff possible". LOL.

I'm not totally caught up on the thread, but congrats on the contract Snowflake! That's pure awesomeness. How's the new position going?

Bex, on another mfp board, someone recommended radishes as a snack. I find that they are a great evening snack because with the spiciness I don't want to eat a bunch of them. Just cut in half, sprinkle with a tiny bit of salt, and crunch away. I also eat cucumbers and fruit. Or, you know, like last night, french fries. Le sigh. :(

But in GENERAL the radishes really work for me.

I need to get back to daily goals. I don't have access to mfp at work and it's really messing with my commitment. I'm off today so here goes:

1. Log everything I eat and stay under goal.
    2. Drink 6 glasses of water (I've been at 4 for a week now, so I'm going to aim for a 50% bump today.)
    3. Grocery shopping at Aldi.
    4. Cook chickpeas for curry tomorrow.

I haven't started the new position yet, I am still here at this one trying to sell at rates that are so far above the area it's crazy! I had a meeting yesterday about the new position and another one scheduled for today. I think it will be closer to October/November before that position starts.

I used to snack on cucumbers a lot the last time I lost weight, I haven't even thought of them this time as a snack. I'm not sure why.

What do you work at that you get offered so much food? Is it just stuff in the lunch room?
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options

The heat was brutal yesterday. We grilled chicken thighs for dinner but I just had no appetite - so we saved those for lunch today and had some snacks later in the evening when I was a little hungry. Thought about eating a meal just to eat a meal but I just couldnt stomach it so I had some calorie dense salami and cheese - calories were not bad at days end. I feel better today - good morning with protein shake, packed lunches, and I can cook something for dinner - pigs in a blanket probably. The next few weeks I am on a strict financial diet too. I've been practicing small habits over the past few months; no coffee drive thru except Sunday, no take out for lunch, and only one take out/week at most. I'm going to extend that to no clothes shopping for the next month (at least - trying to hold out for a whole new wardrobe come spring). I also want to stick to a strict(er) grocery budget - we typically spend $100/week for 2 people including all home products too (toilet paper, cleaning supplies, etc) but I think I can realistically get it more towards $75 on the regular with some smarter shopping. I'm realizing that the next few weeks my priorities are going to shift to 1. mental health, 2. finances, and 3. Healthy eating. This is OKAY, this is GOOD, this is preparing! I've been so focused on the healthy eating and I've been lucky and privileged to be able to do so without much hinderance or distraction, and every opportunity to buy what I need to help me along. I will absolutely be continuing with my habits, but I'm trying to be realistic in what to expect in the next few months moving into a new house - being as on point as I have been will probably be hard, so I will NOT beat myself up over it. Trusting the process more than ever now and excited to build more healthy habits in all aspects of life.

Hope you are feeling better soon. The heat and smoke here is making meals very unappetizing. I like your financial diet. My daughter and SIL about every two-three months have a no-spend month. They are both terrible with money and buy what they want when they want it. They started this last year in an effort to discipline themselves and it seems to be working well for them. They still of course, buy food etc, but no eating out, no clothes, no entertainment, no books, etc.

I don't know if 75.00/week would be enough for a grocery budget here, mind you I'm not even sure $100.00 would be. I seem to spend so much money on food and 90% of the time it is just the two of us. I should start tracking that better.

Thank you! Feeling better today. I saw a funny meme that said "Check on your fat friends, we dont do well in the heat" And had a good laugh cause that is me 110% - but even when I was a kid, I just hated the heat.

I love the no spend month - I think that is what I will call this month and see how it goes! My DH is the same way, want it, need it, now. I love grocery shopping so I justify spending extra since I don't do a lot of other shopping. We usually stock the freezer once every other month at a local slaughterhouse for wholesale prices - so my budget typically does not include protein which eats up a lot of money at the grocery store. That alone has saved us the most money on our groceries. Our regional grocery chain, Market Basket, has some seriously awesome sales, and everyday low prices on a lot of things - but I've found Aldi to be a great place for pantry staples - 5 lb of jasmine rice for $5 compared to $6.5 - Tuna packets for .85 compared to $1.29 - fruit snacks, chocolate, granola bars, canned beans/veggies, trail mix, quinoa meals etc - all good stock up items for us. Unfortunatley it won't be local to the house anymore, but close to work still so doable for non refrigerated items. I've got some research to do on how to save tho! It's crazy how quick it all adds up!

Is there smoke from wildfires near you? Hope you all are safe!!!