JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Today has been a weird day. Busy then slow then busy again! Now I'm twiddling my thumbs again waiting desperately for 5pm! 😴 I've had four cups of coffee and I think I'm about to make a fifth.

We have a IT guy here in my branch who is about to take it system down for a few minutes so I will be even more bored. I'm just hoping that no customers come in... That would be really annoying. Lol.

I've got 2 more doses of my antibiotics left and then I'll be done with that. That will make me happy. I'm having a hard time remembering to take them because I have to take them at a different time then my other ones. 😫

The DH is off from work today and I think he fell asleep on the couch. 😑 I wish he was awake to talk to.

I'm having fun with smiley faces as you can see! Lol
    Today has been a weird day. Busy then slow then busy again! Now I'm twiddling my thumbs again waiting desperately for 5pm! 😴 I've had four cups of coffee and I think I'm about to make a fifth.

We have a IT guy here in my branch who is about to take it system down for a few minutes so I will be even more bored. I'm just hoping that no customers come in... That would be really annoying. Lol.

I've got 2 more doses of my antibiotics left and then I'll be done with that. That will make me happy. I'm having a hard time remembering to take them because I have to take them at a different time then my other ones. 😫

The DH is off from work today and I think he fell asleep on the couch. 😑 I wish he was awake to talk to.

I'm having fun with smiley faces as you can see! Lol

✋❤💕 Good afternoon!!! I am here!!! Mary, bored out of my gourd..😀
    I have plenty to do, but I'm being a bit of a bum today. However, I'm not going to stay this way... I'm just, well, I'm just a bit out of sort today personally.. HOWEVER, that has no bearing on being here for you and anyone else that wants a listening ear, or a cheerleader😀
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT Monday Recap
    1. Log all food :)
    2. Be kind >:) Oiiioiiioiii. Had a horrible attitude, felt possessed almost -turned into an anxiety attack (which I have not had about a decade)
    3. Lots of water :)
    4. Eat when hungry - stop when full :)
    5. Send back old phone :)
    6. Pick up mosquito magnet at 5 :)
    7. Drop off donate bag at lunch :)
    8. Empty out dressers, toss/donate/keep (Remember, just because you throw away the object does not mean you throw away the memory!) :)<3 And bathroom and closet! Proud of this one - donated another 2 boxes of stuff that I let go as a little therapy last night.

Yesterday afternoon was BAD. We left work and I had an attitude about everything. DH asked if I was okay and I nearly ripped his head off. I felt my quiet little voice deep down inside me saying, "relax - he loves you, he's just concerned, not fault blaming" but louder than my voice was some mean awful nasty thought that everything was awful and he hated me and a ton of other awful noise that I could not shut up. I got to the point where I could not catch my breath and had a complete fit and melt down. I took some kava tincture when I got home and it helped a ton - but holy moly! I forgot how powerless you feel in that situation. Shout out to anyone struggling - you are super heroes. I'm in a better head space than I have been in so long, but stress physically manifests so quickly for me and that was a swift reminder. Back to happy thoughts, sunshine, and good vibes today.

JFT Tuesday
    1. Log all food
    2. Lots of water
    3. Meds AM and PM
    4. Pick up towel order
    5. Drop off donations
    6. Stop at farm for half and half
    7. Make more coffee
    8. Cook dinner at home
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,776 Member
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 Praying for your friend! I hope you hear from her soon. I'm glad you had a great weekend! That always makes things better. 😁

She finally checked in a little over 24 hours from the last contact. She was in a no service area. I told her that we need to come up with something a bit better next time so I don't panic :)
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    @Bex953172 - I loved the teenage years. It was the 9 -12 years I could have done without. They already thought they were teenagers and should be treated as such. Snotty, bratty, I didn't like that age at all. I would relive the teen years over and over again.

• maryrobinson40
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    JFT Monday Recap
    1. Log all food :)
    2. Be kind >:) Oiiioiiioiii. Had a horrible attitude, felt possessed almost -turned into an anxiety attack (which I have not had about a decade)
    3. Lots of water :)
    4. Eat when hungry - stop when full :)
    5. Send back old phone :)
    6. Pick up mosquito magnet at 5 :)
    7. Drop off donate bag at lunch :)
    8. Empty out dressers, toss/donate/keep (Remember, just because you throw away the object does not mean you throw away the memory!) :)<3 And bathroom and closet! Proud of this one - donated another 2 boxes of stuff that I let go as a little therapy last night.

Yesterday afternoon was BAD. We left work and I had an attitude about everything. DH asked if I was okay and I nearly ripped his head off. I felt my quiet little voice deep down inside me saying, "relax - he loves you, he's just concerned, not fault blaming" but louder than my voice was some mean awful nasty thought that everything was awful and he hated me and a ton of other awful noise that I could not shut up. I got to the point where I could not catch my breath and had a complete fit and melt down. I took some kava tincture when I got home and it helped a ton - but holy moly! I forgot how powerless you feel in that situation. Shout out to anyone struggling - you are super heroes. I'm in a better head space than I have been in so long, but stress physically manifests so quickly for me and that was a swift reminder. Back to happy thoughts, sunshine, and good vibes today.

JFT Tuesday
    1. Log all food
    2. Lots of water
    3. Meds AM and PM
    4. Pick up towel order
    5. Drop off donations
    6. Stop at farm for half and half
    7. Make more coffee
    8. Cook dinner at home

@ABJ1014.. You're not the only one to have those moments, but hugs for you recognizing the emotions and coming back to self. Some get in that mode and it lasts for days... It's a thief.. It robs you of energy, time, and power... Kudos on the donations and the positivity!!! Love it! You managed to turn a frown around..☺😀😁😍
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    Hi all. Back from holidays and actually weirdly happy to be back to routine! Weighed in this morning and have actually dropped a couple of pounds while away. I guess all that lovely Mediterranean fruit and veg and seafood along with a lot of activity counteracted the ice-cream, frozen yoghurt and lying in the sun!

I’m pleased that I was able to do this without any food scales and just loose guesstimate tracking. But I kind of wish I’d let myself have more ice-cream/desserts in retrospect! >:)

Anyway, back to the programme...

Tuesday goals
    - morning workout (today was going to be a rest day but I’m up early so will give it a go..)
    - Pick up kitten from cat-sitter
    - Walk with kids to grab lunch and pick up some groceries
    - Laundry
    - April to August challenges - water, go for walk outside, avoid emotional or post holiday tiredness binging, last snack (protein shake) by 9:30
    - Early night

Have a great day all! X

Welcome back it sounds like a remarkable vacation.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    I thought I posted this late at night, but I kept a copy of it. 8/6
    Out of bed by 7:30 am - Nope, I was an hour late
    Complete task list--I did not complete everything but did some difficult work I didn't want to do.
    Only play phone /computer games if finish tasks--not quite, but I didn't go as overboard as I have in the past.
    No more than four 15 min checks on social media--a little over, but I did it in between work.
    At least 15 min workout or walk--YES!
    Only eat it hungry - YES!

I had my toddler home with me because he was sick. He'll be home with me again tomorrow.

Jft 8/7

1. Out of bed by 8:30 (trying to be more realistic this time)
    2.Continue task list. Get to items I couldn't do and continue the longterm work.
    3. Don't over do time on social media
    4. Don't over do it with addictive games
    5. Only eat if hungry
    6. 15 min exercise

Games and Social Media can sure suck the time away can't it? I have downloaded two different games in my life to play and ended up deleting them both after a couple of weeks because I found they were just taking hours away from me. I keep up with FB and MFP for social media more than anything but I am trying to limit time on it and spend time with my hubby whenever possible.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    JFT, Sat
    1. log all food :)
    2. go to the gym :)
    3. concentrate on water :)
    4. plan food ... eat lightly since going out to eat in the evening :)

NOTE: This was Saturday -- which I did great on. But. ... got in late saturday nite, and didn't post sunday goals. Had more incidents with my daughter, and gave in again. It got too late to post last nite, and I didn't post Monday goals. As a result ..... TWO really bad, emotional eating days again :'(

But.... I will be back on track tomorrow .... yes I will!

SO JFT, TUesday
    1. log ALL food
    2. concentrate on water
    3. go to the gym
    4. no emotional eating .... eat only what I have planned
    5. August challenge ... ONE snack, and then close the kitchen!!!

Starting weight Aug 1: 197.2.
    Goal weight for Sept 1: 190
    (I know this is agressive, but I gained 3 lbs the past 2 days, so I am really hoping those pounds will come off quickly, and the rest ... well... I'm going work my butt of to keep the challenges I set.

August Challenge: Plan just ONE evening snack, then close the kitchen

1: Evening snack was a hard boiled egg, kitchen closed at 9pm :)
    2: Planned on a HB egg, but had 1/4c. raisin bran and some milk. It is now 9:15 pm - so a little later, but only because I wanted to color my hair first! :)
    3: Was out late, and had a glass of wine at 10:00 -- hubby wanted popcorn, so I had a very small amount, but still ,that was at 10:30!!! >:):/ But ....... I still did not eat too much, just that the klondike bar was way more calories than I thought. Lesson ... look up calories FIRST!
    4 .. no evening snack, and did great all day :)
    5... Worrying about my daughter; emotional eating:) >:):/
    6 ... emotional eating >:):/:/

So sorry to hear you had a rough time with your daughter again.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    So last night I set my alarm for 6 am. It went off as planned. I got up and changed it to 7. I then realized that if I didnt feed Panda he would spend the next hour bugging me for food. I fed him, and the coffee pot is right in the same location as his food bowl so I made the decision to make a cup of coffee and not go back to bed! This is a huge win for me! Today could have easily turned into a multiple snooze kind of day. I just sat on the couch and snoozed for a few minutes. I think I am going to need to set an alarm just in case! Lol.

Okay, so onto goals!

JFT, 8/7/18

1. Log all food
    2. Up@ 6
    3. Make lunch!
    4. EAT LUNCH
    5. Work 815-515
    6. Prelog dinner
    7. Dinner/dishes
    8. Fold clothes
    9. Nightly routine by 930
    10. Tech off by 1015
    11. Lights out by 11

I can't sit down in the morning or I will definitely fall asleep and not wake up. This morning my alarm didn't go off. I woke up at 850, I'm supposed to be at work at 8 and have a 40 minute drive to get there.... luckily it was a quiet morning.
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 You look GORGEOUS!!! And yay for the contract! That's so awesome.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,083 Member
    Options
    What do you guys have for evening snacks?

I've made dinner again and I'm still hungry after, like immediately after..
    Tonight we had beef bourginion(sp?) and salad.
    Where am I going wrong because I'm so hungry.!?
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous pic @Snowflake1968 you are glowing!

@Bex953172 my go-to late night treat is a super thick (almost ice cream texture) shake made with one scoop of chocolate cookie flavour whey protein shake (I use PhD nutrition) blended with 90g frozen summer fruits, a whole tray of ice cubes, some water and a hefty measure of calorie free sweetener (Truvia). It is huge (about 650/700ml) around 140 cals and 20 odd grams of protein. It is so tasty and super filling. Had my first one after two weeks away from it on holiday and it was so good!

Highly recommend although if you prefer something to bite/crunch or something savoury on I appreciate it won’t hit the mark! X
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    What do you guys have for evening snacks?

I've made dinner again and I'm still hungry after, like immediately after..
    Tonight we had beef bourginion(sp?) and salad.
    Where am I going wrong because I'm so hungry.!?

My evening snack is usually 2 Laughing Cow Wedges, Low Fat Wheat Thins (1 Serving) and red seedless grapes about 1/2 a cup sometimes more. It totals around 220 calories, but I make room for it in my calorie intake 95% of the time.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 You look GORGEOUS!!! And yay for the contract! That's so awesome.

Awe thanks, I don;t know if it's the angle or what, but I look a lot thinner than I actually am.
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    JFT - Monday August 6
    2L of water - :)
    Calories in Green by 150 - :/ Only had 94 left
    Clean - :/ Not fully, I swept and cleaned the kitchen, but didn't dust or deep clean. Won't be this week either, it's supposed to be up to 36 by tomorrow hee.
    Groceries - :) I got some staples, still need to buy some meat, but I tried out a new place for meat to take on our trip and it was so delicious that I have decided that is the only place I will buy meat now.
    Possibly a walk - :/ I just enjoyed my day
    Tomorrow will end my vacation - Well it ended, but a little later than it was supposed to as I slept in this morning.
    Didn't have an evening snack last night at all.

JFT - Tuesday August 7
    2L of Water
    Calories in Green by 150
    Outside 15 Minutes
    Only one evening snack
    Write in Journal
    Laundry - Maybe, it will depend on temp.
    Walk - also depending on temp.

My friend had snapped a picture of me on Sunday during our hike through the Ancient Forest. I think she needs to be my dedicated photographer, she makes me look great!

I sold a contract today, it is a short term one until an alarm system gets installed, but it's still a contract!

miny6bb5zflo.jpg

Congrats on the contract! And you're gorgeous...@Snowflake1968
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Keeping it short because with this cold I am going to bed EARLY.

For today:
    Take it easy at work ✅
    House chores :(
    30 minutes exercise OR go to bed 1 hour early (depending on how I feel) ✅-about to
    Track food and exercise ✅
    Eat all servings of 5 food groups :(
    Meet 1200-1400 net calories, counting exercise :( splurged on comfort food with feeling cruddy
    Water challenge-80 oz. ✅
    Post here for accountability + sleep hrs. ✅ slept 9 hours last night

For tomorrow:
    Take it easy at work
    House chores
    30 minutes exercise OR go to bed 1 hour early (depending on how I feel)
    Track food and exercise
    Eat all servings of 5 food groups
    Meet 1200-1400 net calories, counting exercise
    Water challenge-80 oz.
    Post here for accountability + sleep hrs.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Feel better soon @jeschepp ! Summer colds are very annoying.

I didn’t manage to post a wrap up last night as I was busy tucking into a few treats brought back from holiday. So a bit of a fail there but I actually did have calories to spare. I was also in a bit of a funk as I did something to my neck and it was super sore - not sure why I thought chocolate would help though. :s

BUT I batch cooked loads and loads of yummy veggie dishes for freezing yesterday. Lots of healthy dinners and sides now done so can pre-log today properly.

Tuesday goals recap
    - morning workout (today was going to be a rest day but I’m up early so will give it a go..) ✅
    - Pick up kitten from cat-sitter ✅
    - Walk with kids to grab lunch and pick up some groceries ✅
    - Laundry ✅
    - April to August challenges - water, go for walk outside, avoid emotional or post holiday tiredness binging, last snack (protein shake) by 9:30 :| only half of them
    - Early night - nope.

Goals for Wednesday
    - morning workout if neck ok
    - Download pics from phone to computer then clear
    - April to August challenges
    - Shopping with kids. Clothes for their trip with their dad - buy printer ink as well. Get phone upgrade
    - Call GP
    - Check filing cabinet for documents
    - early night

Have a great day all x
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Tuesday:
    1. AM run: 18 laps. Feed cats. Shower. Morning meds. Tea! Take lunch.
    2. Breakfast: McDonald's! Post music news on board. Check on possibility of conference - MS or DK or TH?
    3. Check on Week 3 lessons. Find printed PDFs; print any not previously printed.
    4. Find D and check on available dates in February. Call PCP for checkup. Call parents. Update class website. Grade and input homework and reflections.
    5. Write blog post. Write discussion comments.
    6. 5:30 Zumba at Y. Dinner: Shwarma? Chop more celery. Meds. In bed by 9:30; set alarm for 5:15.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    Today: 182.4

JFT Wednesday
    1. AM run: 18 laps. Feed cats. Shower. Morning meds. Tea! Take lunch.
    2. Breakfast: oatmeal. Check on possibility of conference - MS or DK or TH? Organize surveys. Review "how to show you care" prompt.
    3. Check on Week 3 lessons. Check on adding Socratic seminar to week 2.
    4. Call D for checkup. Call parents. Update class website. Grade and input homework and reflections.
    5. Write blog post. Write discussion comments.
    6. Head to Y after school. Chop more celery. Meds. In bed by 9:30; set alarm for 5:15.

Upcoming to-do:
    1. Check blogroll and follow bloggers on Twitter.
    2. Write next blog post.
    3. Find PDFs. Finish printing. Check lesson plans for Week 3.
    4. Create discussion post comments. Begin week 5 essay.
    5. Call PCP to set up checkup. Check with D about substitute.
    6. Write L8 post.
    7. Call parents. Update class websites.
    8. Check on conference; create seminar proposal.
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    Signing off early tonight.. Not my best day either, BUT!! I have hope for a better tomorrow. Sneezed a lot, and curled up to James Barely Brown Bear. ... If he could talk, he'd say "Yuk"... LMBO.
    Good Night Everyone🙏