JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    @maryrobinson40 prayers for your brother!

@Snowflake1968 thanks for reminding me to hydrate hydrate hydrate yesterday. Pretty sure it was my saving grace in the heat anf humidity.

I'm a hurting unit today, but we did it! So quick, realistic, check in for me today.

1. Eat food of any kind
    2. Drink lots of water
    3. Log all food
    4. Be kind to yourself and your body today.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,072 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Morning all, I did not post goals yesterday, took a day off. I was feeling pretty miserable.

Still finding it hard to consistently stick at this.
    But just one day at a time

Saturday
    - 8 glasses of water ✔️
    - Be in the green❓
    - Exercise❎
    - Tidy the mess as soon as I've made it✔️

Challenges
    Apr: Water✔️
    May: 15min Outside❎
    Jun: Mindful Eating❎
    Jul: Pre-logging❎
    Aug: Close Kitchen✔️

I forgot today that today is Take-away day. We don't actually get a meal from a takeaway, we go to the supermarket and buy premium brands of food and make our own takeaway, so today it was curry, so we bought organic corn-fed chicken, an expensive sauce, poppadoms and naan and made our own "take out". My partner made it though, and he threw in a spoon of a chilli sauce we got and it made it SO hot. I just checked the bottle and its a mixture of habenero and scotch bonnet chillis 🤪

So I definitely got my water in haha! Although I'm pretty sure that just spread the heat round my mouth LOL.

Ive not logged any of my food since breakfast so no idea if I'm in the red or green.

Ive been kind of not with it today. I accidentally took the wrong tablet this morning, instead of a standard paracetamol I took one which was mixed with codeine LOL so I was drowsy most of the morning!
    I'm just gonna leave the rest of today now.
    Try do better tomorrow. I need to write my goals in my notebook so I don't forget what they are in the day!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,072 Member
    Options
    I was wondering if any of you would mind signing a petition for me?

Next Tuesday (21st August) should be my little boy Samsons 3rd birthday, but some of you already know that i had to terminate him as ge hadca less than 5% survival with his condition.
    As he was born at 23+5 weeks in the UK any time before 24 weeks means he is not classed as a still born but a miscarriage, meaning I am not allowed a birth certificate, this is a petition to try change this

Xx
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 happy to sign the petition - pls post a link. And good luck with the toy rescue!

Had a good day today. Was challenging at times - I find weekends where it’s just me and the kids lovely but sometimes a bit lonely without other adult interaction. Anyway, got loads prepped for the lunch at my place tomorrow. Big supermarket shop and made the lasagne ready to go in the oven tomorrow and have veggie sides prepped. Also doing roast chicken with all the trimmings and some salads. Plus garlic prawns to start and roasted peaches with amaretti biscuit crumble for dessert. And have an extra person coming so 10 of us altogether! Been so long since I entertained - not had this many since before my ex left!!

Recap Saturday goals
    - morning workout ✅
    - April to August challenges ✅ yes!!!
    - Grocery shopping (all the family are coming to me for lunch tomorrow for the first time in years. We usually go to my parents. Am excited but lots to do as there will be 9 of us!) ✅
    - Prep cooking for family lunch ✅
    - Wash girls’ hair! ✅
    - Sort engraved tag for Monty’s collar ❎
    - Sort out online banking app and pay bill ❎
    - Early night ✅

Sunday goals
    - morning workout
    - Breakfast out with the kids - buy lemons, dip and chicken stock
    - Lunch with family
    - Do online banking app!!!
    - Tidy up then rest

Enjoy your Saturday everyone xx
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,737 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    I was wondering if any of you would mind signing a petition for me?

Next Tuesday (21st August) should be my little boy Samsons 3rd birthday, but some of you already know that i had to terminate him as ge hadca less than 5% survival with his condition.
    As he was born at 23+5 weeks in the UK any time before 24 weeks means he is not classed as a still born but a miscarriage, meaning I am not allowed a birth certificate, this is a petition to try change this

Xx

Hugs to you. I would gladly sign the petition.
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    SaraKim17 wrote: »
    JFT:
    • One vegetable 😀
    • One fruit 😀
    • Ten minutes exercise 😀
    • One "difficult" paperwork item 😀

Happy Saturday, everyone! 🌼

• maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    Oh I’m so sorry @maryrobinson40 - hugs to you.

@Bex953172 - hope you get some answers from the doctor. From reading posts you’ve been so exhausted with the kids waking you etc. Could be just extreme tiredness making you nauseous? Try and look after yourself. X

@snowflake1968 - thanks for the sympathy on the uniform. It was a killer - the blazer alone that was £70 when my older daughter got it two years ago is now £90. Painful...

So I did ok for most of yesterday but got a bit snacky in the evening again. I really need to work on the August challenge for the remainder of the month. I’m not spacing out meals properly and head into the evenings too hungry to make sensible decisions. So my priority until the return to work is to try and balance my days even if I don’t have a solid routine.

Friday goals recap
    - morning workout ✅ consistency here is my saving grace at the moment
    - April to August challenges ❎
    - School uniform shopping (really really hate this - we have to go to a special shop for certain items and the queues are hideous and the prices astronomical, wish me luck!) ✅ was quick but painful!
    - Chill out with my girlies! ✅
    - Early night (priority!) ✅ 10:30 not too bad

Saturday goals
    - morning workout
    - April to August challenges
    - Grocery shopping (all the family are coming to me for lunch tomorrow for the first time in years. We usually go to my parents. Am excited but lots to do as there will be 9 of us!)
    - Prep cooking for family lunch
    - Wash girls’ hair!
    - Sort engraved tag for Monty’s collar
    - Sort out online banking app and pay bill
    - Early night

Happy weekend all x

@Faebert... Thank you!! Love you💕🌹🌹
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »

They called the family in... He had signed a do not resuscitate, but someone had mixed up his paperwork and so they resuscitated him last night... We get there this afternoon/evening around 5-6...he was on the ventilator... They couldn't do his dialysis because his heart is too weak, and the stint in his arm is clogged. We said we loved him, he tried to say it back to us..They removed the tubing before I left. We're waiting now.
    Thank you for caring.

Oh Mary ... I am so so sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time. Having lost 3 brothers and a sister, I know the pain in losing a loved one. Take good care of you. Hugs <3
    @mytime6630
    Praise God...he's holding his own. My brother sat up and ate some soup this morning..
    My sister, whom I live with, is on her way to see him. I'll keep you and everyone updated. Thank you for the support🌹💕💕
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    I am just sitting down for the first time except for about 5 minutes since 930 this morning. It’s now 530 here, not sure if I’m going to get laundry done tonight yet or not. Hoping too so I have tomorrow a bit free.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 I signed your petition. Good luck. I truly hope it passes.

@maryrobinson40 Praying for your brother and your family.

@Faebert Hope your lunch went goes well! Sounds delicious and fun! :smile:
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Not posting goals today. We received news this morning that my husband's younger brother passed away in a motorcycle accident last night. It's been a very quiet, solemn and heartbreaking day. I'll try to hop on tomorrow and get with the program again. Tonight is just for consoling my honey. :'(<3

@Bex953172 I'm doing good on your quilt! I forgot to answer you a few days ago. it's coming right along. It is going to be the size of a twin size bed though...sure isn't a tiny baby quilt! ;)
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Not posting goals today. We received news this morning that my husband's younger brother passed away in a motorcycle accident last night. It's been a very quiet, solemn and heartbreaking day. I'll try to hop on tomorrow and get with the program again. Tonight is just for consoling my honey. :'(<3

@Bex953172 I'm doing good on your quilt! I forgot to answer you a few days ago. it's coming right along. It is going to be the size of a twin size bed though...sure isn't a tiny baby quilt! ;)

I am so incredibly sorry. To your husband, yourself and the family my deepest condolences.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,200 Member
    Options
    Not posting goals today. We received news this morning that my husband's younger brother passed away in a motorcycle accident last night. It's been a very quiet, solemn and heartbreaking day. I'll try to hop on tomorrow and get with the program again. Tonight is just for consoling my honey. :'(

Oh Tracy, my heart just sank when I read this. I am so so sorry! Words cannot even begin to express how very sad I am. It is so hard to lose a sibling, no matter how, but unexpectedly like this is heartbreaking. Glad you are there for your hubby, and I'm sure he will be there for you as well. Hugs and thoughts and prayers to you. :'(<3
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Praise God...he's holding his own. My brother sat up and ate some soup this morning..
    My sister, whom I live with, is on her way to see him. I'll keep you and everyone updated. Thank you for the support🌹💕💕

Praying for strength for you and your family. <3
  • mytime6630
    edited August 2018
    Options
    My heart goes out to @PackerFanInGB on her loss, and to @maryrobinson40 for the strength you will need.

and @Bex953172 ... definitely I will sign your petition. I cannot believe at 23 weeks they consider this a miscarriage and not a birth. You definitely should be having a birth certificate. I lost mine at just 12 weeks, and I still remember that day. Its a day forever in your heart. Hugs to you <3

We all worry about what numbers are on the scale. Days like this put all that into perspective .... enjoying each and every day is what truly matters. I feel like we are all family here ... we all know each other so well. So when one of us hurts, we all hurt. Just know I am thinking of you all. <3
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    @bex953172 - I have signed your petition.
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    @Bex953172 I signed your petition. Good luck. I truly hope it passes.

@maryrobinson40 Praying for your brother and your family.

@Faebert Hope your lunch went goes well! Sounds delicious and fun! :smile:

@PackerFanInGB .… My heart is with you and your hubby.. I haven't logged anything either because the site is not functioning properly. I can't log in with my Facebook account. I followed the suggested steps from the troubleshooter, nothing works. I click on community and message you all.
    Anyway, with all that's going on in both our lives..we can take a guilt free breather, and be there for our loved ones. Hang in there. We're here for you too.🌹🙏 love you.