JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,737 Member
    Options
    Update🙏🙏🙏🙏
    They had to Resuscitate my brother last night, he's on respiration machine, other brother called with health issues, and my vehicle has sprung a leak within the power steering., so can't drive it.
    Ok... But we're a family of faith... No matter what comes... I want you all to know, IT IS WELL WITH MY SOUL. I'M human, yes...so I shed a few tears to cleanse my soul from the pain.
    Don't cry for me... I ask you all to be joy filled.within your lives and what you're doing towards better health... In so doing, brings strength. We are overcomers. Even if we don't have the best day today, we rejoice in God's mercy to LIVE to fight another day and make a difference in the lives of others and our families.
    I'M OK AND I'M ON MY WAY TO VICTORY!!
    HUGS TO YOU ALL AND THANK YOU FOR ACCEPTING ME😀🙌💕

Sorry to hear about your brother and your daughter. It never rains but it pours. Faith will get you through.
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options

Well I can already tell you that I didn’t do a few things on my list. One of them I plum forgot about until about 20 minutes ago! So we’ll have to figure out something for dinner. Maybe I’ll make…hmm…nothings coming to mind. Lol. I’ll figure it out. Woke up at 6, went back to bed at 6:15. Didn’t get up until 7:25. Bad idea but I kept nodding off on the couch. Laura says that when she wakes up every morning she stumbles right into the shower. I think I am going to try that on Monday. Matt and I have been fighting over the hot water the last few days because I have to leave a few minutes earlier then he does AND it takes me longer to get ready because I’m a woman and must do makeup and hair and such. Men have it so easy, don’t they? Lol

I think the hours from 1pm to 3pm are the ones that drag the most. I just sit here and twiddle my thumbs and think about how badly I want to go home! Lol. Not a great way to end the day. It is currently 2:42 pm. Less than three hours and we will probably start to pick up again soon. People will be coming in to cash paychecks(hopefully!) soon.

Well it is now 3:35. So almost an hour went by. I am typing this as an email to myself so that I didn’t lose anything I wrote. Lol. I think it’s time to post it! Lol.

Talk to everyone later!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    I have just eaten all day! This is what happens when I’m tired every single time! I go for fatty, greasy, junk!

Going to try to salvage a little bit and go do a Leslie sansone and some Pilates. I won’t get it back on track 100% but better than it is now at least.

• Snowflake1968
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Update🙏🙏🙏🙏
    They had to Resuscitate my brother last night, he's on respiration machine, other brother called with health issues, and my vehicle has sprung a leak within the power steering., so can't drive it.
    Ok... But we're a family of faith... No matter what comes... I want you all to know, IT IS WELL WITH MY SOUL. I'M human, yes...so I shed a few tears to cleanse my soul from the pain.
    Don't cry for me... I ask you all to be joy filled.within your lives and what you're doing towards better health... In so doing, brings strength. We are overcomers. Even if we don't have the best day today, we rejoice in God's mercy to LIVE to fight another day and make a difference in the lives of others and our families.
    I'M OK AND I'M ON MY WAY TO VICTORY!!
    HUGS TO YOU ALL AND THANK YOU FOR ACCEPTING ME😀🙌💕

I'm so sorry about your brother! Have they said if he will recover or do they not know?
    I believe in God but do not practice it at all. However I will say a prayer for you tonight. Can't do any harm!
    Hugs for you x

They called the family in... He had signed a do not resuscitate, but someone had mixed up his paperwork and so they resuscitated him last night... We get there this afternoon/evening around 5-6...he was on the ventilator... They couldn't do his dialysis because his heart is too weak, and the stint in his arm is clogged. We said we loved him, he tried to say it back to us..They removed the tubing before I left. We're waiting now.
    Thank you for caring.

Hugs and prayers to you and your family.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Oh I’m so sorry @maryrobinson40 - hugs to you.

@Bex953172 - hope you get some answers from the doctor. From reading posts you’ve been so exhausted with the kids waking you etc. Could be just extreme tiredness making you nauseous? Try and look after yourself. X

@snowflake1968 - thanks for the sympathy on the uniform. It was a killer - the blazer alone that was £70 when my older daughter got it two years ago is now £90. Painful...

So I did ok for most of yesterday but got a bit snacky in the evening again. I really need to work on the August challenge for the remainder of the month. I’m not spacing out meals properly and head into the evenings too hungry to make sensible decisions. So my priority until the return to work is to try and balance my days even if I don’t have a solid routine.

Friday goals recap
    - morning workout ✅ consistency here is my saving grace at the moment
    - April to August challenges ❎
    - School uniform shopping (really really hate this - we have to go to a special shop for certain items and the queues are hideous and the prices astronomical, wish me luck!) ✅ was quick but painful!
    - Chill out with my girlies! ✅
    - Early night (priority!) ✅ 10:30 not too bad

Saturday goals
    - morning workout
    - April to August challenges
    - Grocery shopping (all the family are coming to me for lunch tomorrow for the first time in years. We usually go to my parents. Am excited but lots to do as there will be 9 of us!)
    - Prep cooking for family lunch
    - Wash girls’ hair!
    - Sort engraved tag for Monty’s collar
    - Sort out online banking app and pay bill
    - Early night

Happy weekend all x
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,072 Member
    Options
    Morning all, I did not post goals yesterday, took a day off. I was feeling pretty miserable.

Still finding it hard to consistently stick at this.
    But just one day at a time

Saturday
    - 8 glasses of water
    - Be in the green
    - Exercise
    - Tidy the mess as soon as I've made it

Challenges
    Apr: Water
    May: 15min Outside
    Jun: Mindful Eating
    Jul: Pre-logging
    Aug: Close Kitchen
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    JFT:
    • One vegetable
    • One fruit
    • Ten minutes exercise
    • One "difficult" paperwork item

Happy Saturday, everyone! 🌼
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    Oh I’m so sorry @maryrobinson40 - hugs to you.

@Bex953172 - hope you get some answers from the doctor. From reading posts you’ve been so exhausted with the kids waking you etc. Could be just extreme tiredness making you nauseous? Try and look after yourself. X

@snowflake1968 - thanks for the sympathy on the uniform. It was a killer - the blazer alone that was £70 when my older daughter got it two years ago is now £90. Painful...

So I did ok for most of yesterday but got a bit snacky in the evening again. I really need to work on the August challenge for the remainder of the month. I’m not spacing out meals properly and head into the evenings too hungry to make sensible decisions. So my priority until the return to work is to try and balance my days even if I don’t have a solid routine.

Friday goals recap
    - morning workout ✅ consistency here is my saving grace at the moment
    - April to August challenges ❎
    - School uniform shopping (really really hate this - we have to go to a special shop for certain items and the queues are hideous and the prices astronomical, wish me luck!) ✅ was quick but painful!
    - Chill out with my girlies! ✅
    - Early night (priority!) ✅ 10:30 not too bad

Saturday goals
    - morning workout
    - April to August challenges
    - Grocery shopping (all the family are coming to me for lunch tomorrow for the first time in years. We usually go to my parents. Am excited but lots to do as there will be 9 of us!)
    - Prep cooking for family lunch
    - Wash girls’ hair!
    - Sort engraved tag for Monty’s collar
    - Sort out online banking app and pay bill
    - Early night

Happy weekend all x

Thank you very much.🌹❤
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I'm having problems with my log in now. And I did what was suggested and nothing works. I just skipped the log in with Facebook part and tapped community and it placed me here, but can't log my food/exercise.
    ❤❤❤❤❤❤
    Forgive my lack of manners this morning.
    😍 GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!
    Hugs and love to all of you. I'm emotionally almost tapped out.
    Too drained to exercise this morning. May try to get it in later.
    And I apologize, but I haven't read any of your JFT posts to even remotely know what's going on...please don't charge it to my heart.
    I've come to love and care about all of you in this Sisterhood of SUCCESS and genuinely hope that each day we wake, is better than our yesterdays.
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    jeschepp wrote: »
    Does anyone ever simultaneously feel they should be doing more, but also less? I am quite behind at work and with house chores, but feel I have no time! I told a colleague how much I had on my schedule at work and she agreed I really need to cut back. I'm a perfectionist and it's hard to look at cutting back as anything other than a failure. However, I'm burning out where I am at, and cutting back will help me be more effective in the long run, rather than doing everything with half ability. Anywho, thanks for *listening* as always.
    Coworker had fresh sweet corn today for grabs (4 mins in the micro and DONE) so I made an Indian tomato soup and a tilapia dish I love along with it. Pretty good spread!
    If you feel yourself burning out, do something about it before it overwhelms you. I know about being a perfectionist, and it will stress you beyond belief. Try to be happy with the 95% solution This is your life, and you are supposed to enjoy it! Can you hire someone to help with the household chores? We all need down time - a bit of time to reflect and savor our accomplishments. I truly believe that stress will cause you health issues down the road. It did me.
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    I'm not myself today. I'm not feeling well. Didn't really want to eat the flatbread Turkey sandwich I had. Ate half. Lying down again for a while.
    Love to everyone💝

Hope you feel better soon! X

Good evening... I'm not sure what's going on with my body... I may be undernourished... Now that may sound crazy, but listen. I have to eat what I can get. Many times there are no veggies, or fruit. I have been faithful to this program since I started it.
    I've been hitting the exercises pretty hard for me. We're talking as far as real exercise goes.. I wasn't doing any. Only walking. Since I have been on here. I exercise until I sweat. I have actually become addicted to it I think.
    But like I said haven't been eating right, nor have I had an appetite.
    I feel good when I'm exercising... I'm satisfied and therefore, bye bye hunger.
    I completed 3,860 steps tonight and as soon as I began moving, that sick feeling I had began to go away.

Mary, you are doing fantastic!!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT - Friday August 17
    2L of Water - :)
    Calories in Green by 150 - >:)>:)>:)>:) over by 800+
    Outside 15 Minutes - I'm keeping this here, because if the smoke clears I'm doing it. I miss it! - :(
    Only 1 Evening Snack - :) after my meals I shouldn’t have had any though!
    Walk - Leslie Sansone - >:) again too smoky to walk, tried to do a video but we live in a mobile home without AC and can’t open windows because of smoke. It was just too hot. Tried to go swimming but had trouble doing even one lap without a child or a toy floating into me. I guess all the parents took the kids swimming to avoid the smoke too. I don’t blame them.
    Yoga or Pilates - >:)
    Write in Journal - :)

JFT - Saturday August 18
    2L of Water
    Calories in Green by 150
    Outside 15 Minutes - I'm keeping this here, because if the smoke clears I'm doing it. I miss it!
    Only 1 Evening Snack
    Walk - Leslie Sansone if needed to burn calories
    Clean
    Laundry
    Mow lawn so hubby can stay inside
    Yoga or Pilates
    Write in Journal

Yesterday was an insane day food wise, it’s over and I’m forgiving myself and moving on. I have lots planned today that should help me balance out the week.

Hope everyone has a great Saturday.

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,200 Member
    Options

They called the family in... He had signed a do not resuscitate, but someone had mixed up his paperwork and so they resuscitated him last night... We get there this afternoon/evening around 5-6...he was on the ventilator... They couldn't do his dialysis because his heart is too weak, and the stint in his arm is clogged. We said we loved him, he tried to say it back to us..They removed the tubing before I left. We're waiting now.
    Thank you for caring.

Oh Mary ... I am so so sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time. Having lost 3 brothers and a sister, I know the pain in losing a loved one. Take good care of you. Hugs <3
  • mytime6630
    Options

Yesterday was an insane day food wise, it’s over and I’m forgiving myself and moving on. I have lots planned today that should help me balance out the week.

Hope everyone has a great Saturday.

I had a very similar day .... too much stress .... way too tired .... and used food as comfort. But you are so right .... today is a new day. One day is not going to hurt you when you balance out your entire week. I hope you have a great day today.
  • mytime6630
    edited August 2018
    Options
    After a day of mindless eating yesterday ... from being over tired ... not enough sleep ... worrying about things I cannot even control, tomorrow is over. I am off to a good start today with going to the gym, and plan to just keep busy.

My goals for today are:
    1. work in the yard. This is the best stress reliever, and instead of extra calories in my body .... my yard will look great.
    2. go to the gym .... already done to start the day on the right foot!
    3. go to the grocery store and stock up on alternative snacks ... not ice cream that is loaded in calories.
    4. concentrate on drinking water
    5. in the evening ... sew on the new quilt I am starting, and have my water glass with me

• mytime6630
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »

I think this is also part of my problem. I don't eat much at all during the day, but usually have a bigger dinner. But its after dinner in the evenings that I am just always so hungry. I do know that it is probably thirst, not hunger, so I am going to concentrate on that also.
    But good for you for recognizing what might be the problem, and trying to balance out your day!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Morning all, I did not post goals yesterday, took a day off. I was feeling pretty miserable.

Still finding it hard to consistently stick at this.
    But just one day at a time

Saturday
    - 8 glasses of water
    - Be in the green
    - Exercise
    - Tidy the mess as soon as I've made it

Challenges
    Apr: Water
    May: 15min Outside
    Jun: Mindful Eating
    Jul: Pre-logging
    Aug: Close Kitchen

Hope you have a good day Bex! Yes, that's why this thread is called "just for today". Tomorrow is over .. and each day we can start fresh. I know you can do this "today!".
    You are doing so great ... so proud of you! Especially with 3 little ones!