JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Well, yesterday was a bust. Intended to finish work at 6.30 in order to meet my friend for pub dinner, make sensible choices, get a sensible train home, and pack my stuff for morning run.

What actually happened? Worked 10.5 hours with just 15 mins lunch break. Actually left at 7.30. Ordered a sensible choice for main, but my friend was naughty and ordered a bottle of wine for us to share without telling me. After half a bottle of wine, having another glass of wine and a dessert seemed like a good idea. As did getting the last train home. Unsurprisingly, I did not pack my run stuff.

Yesterday's commitments - a summary!

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Stick to food plan :s:s
    - 3 bottles water :)
    - 45 minute lunch break :'(
    - Duolingo :smile:
    - Finish work at 6.30pm :s
    - Train home at 9.45pm :s
    - Pack stuff for morning run :s

I think what this tells me is that work, and alcohol, are not good for my goals...(!)

Today will be better (won't be going out).
    Commitments are:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Be in the green
    - 4 bottles water

- 30 minute lunch break
    - Duolingo & French book
    - Finish work at 7pm, NO LATER
    - Watch the Handmaid's tale
    - Lights out by 11
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,069 Member
    Options
    Morning all!
    So yesterday was okay but I can certainly do better and that's the main aim for today!
    I've been blessed by my daughters with an extra hours sleep!
    Which makes up for the sudocrem incident last night! (see below)

So just for Thursday!
    - 8 glasses of water
    - Be in the green
    - Exercise ❗Priority, ❗ this is my main focus for today, the one I want to achieve most.
    - Tidy Up (and keep it tidy!)
    - Finish the laundry and put it away!!

The sudocrem incident
    7o1grgkplte9.jpg
    It was much much worse, all over her bed, all over her clothes!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Wednesday
    1. AM easy run: 15 laps. Feed cats. Shower. Morning meds. Tea! Take lunch.
    2. Review semester plan. Compare assessment list to standards. Draft Week 4 lessons. Make coffee.
    3. Contact office and set up absences. Turn in donation form. Work on seminar proposal. Comment on 1 blog post.
    4. Email parents. Email - no AWiT. Update class websites. Grade and input homework and reflections.
    5. 4:30 strength class. Write L8 post.
    6. Prep Thu lunch - Saag? Chop more celery. BRING SOME ARTIFICIAL SWEETENER TO SCHOOL. I USED UP THE LAST OF IT AND MY COFFEE WAS STILL BITTER. Meds. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 4:50.

JFT Thursday
    1. AM time run: 12 laps; even laps 2-10 timed. Feed cats. Shower. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Take lunch.
    2. Review semester plan. Cross-reference assessments and standards; which standards are over- or under-assessed? What is my purpose for each unit? Draft Week 4 lessons. Make coffee.
    3. Work on seminar proposal. Comment on 1 blog post. Write L8 post.
    4. Update class websites. Grade and input homework and reflections, especially 4th block. Have key for grammar work so that K can mark it.
    5. Check grocery list before heading to 5:30 Zumba class. Groceries. Laundry?
    6. Prep Fri lunch - soup? Chop celery. Meds. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 4:50.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    Today: 188.0

Upcoming to-do:
    1. Check blogroll and follow bloggers on Twitter.
    2. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week.
    3. Review semester plan. Appt w D 10/22 9:20; McC 10/22 10:15. Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up.
    4. Grade summer essays. Organize and grade narratives. Update parent group lists with correct emails; note which were returned. Reply email to parents; add contact on log and request donations.
    5. Check on conference; create seminar proposal.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Morning all!
    So yesterday was okay but I can certainly do better and that's the main aim for today!

So just for Thursday!
    - 8 glasses of water
    - Be in the green
    - Exercise ❗Priority, ❗ this is my main focus for today, the one I want to achieve most.

The sudocrem incident
    7o1grgkplte9.jpg

Haha!! I remember we had one of those too! It is the stickiest stuff to clean too. I feel your pain! Cute though x
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,069 Member
    Options
    Yes Mary! You go for it!
    Dropping toxic people was the best thing I ever did. I'm just glad I did it at 21 years old and didn't put up with any more BS!

Im loving your positivity and enthusiasm, it's always lovely to read lol, I can't help but feel cheerful when you post :lol:
  • josephinebowman
    josephinebowman Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I will have to look up sudocrem.
    I LOVE genealogy but right now I am feeling bogged down. My mother-in-law will not divulge even her parents names. And they are Japanese so there's no getting around her. So the kid's tree only goes to her but I have lots on the Andrews who settled in Dale County, Alabama. And then, I have my side including the great-great grandfather who was a sperm donor back in 1850 and we married all sorts of cousins in eastern Kentucky. I am currently working on Johnsons. I had my DNA and the kid's done--really can't make much out of it but then I have 9,000 matches of 'cousins'. A couple of folks (Brown, Johnson) seem to have come from Ireland and I am mostly stuck with that parent who came to the US, there was a lot of talk of Scotsmen (Andrews?, Crawfords) but I can't verify them and then we must be ate up with French Huguenot (Jett, Valentine) but they also can't be pinned down! Germany is the worst-I don't know the history well enough to understand which place they came from (Netherlands, Austria, Switzerland) or even why or how. We didn't come on the Mayflower or to Jamestown but some were here in the 1600s. Of course, we are quite English but still why? Lots of Sirs and Ladys and even the usual king/queen people all back to Charlemagne's granddaughter Mathilde, the Wallace family of Braveheart and Scottish kings and French queens. And I really do not know anything about the Welsh but they were obviously a people apart. My son is more Welsh than I and then he is 30% East Asian. The Native American ladies on both sides are non-existent according to DNA. Sigh. It is so addicting and I can't recall who or what I did from one day to the next. I guess it beats time and money spent shopping and maybe reduces time watching tv. I do work at my ward (Church) in our Family Heritage Center so that is primarily through Family Search but I also have a lot on MyHeritage. As you may know, the LDS (Mormons) sponsor family research and so our wards have centers that will assist people to work on genealogy. Ours is open on Tuesdays from 10-2 and then Wednesdays at 6:30-8:30 pm-that's my work now. Okay, I ran on here but it is so intriguing to think of who these names and dates could have been.
    I went to the 8 am water class at the Y and haven't taken all my pills yet but will do so shortly. Yesterday, I wanted something all day but not sure what it was. Stayed in the calories (sodium seems to lurk in everything even tho I never pick up a salt shaker) and that's about all. No yard work nor laundry.
    Thursday then is exercise (done but might go again this evening), maintain on calories, do something on the yard, grocery shop, take out trash, and do laundry and nag son to empty dishwasher and clothes dryer. I hear the dog barking funny so outside to fix whatever is going on.
  • josephinebowman
    josephinebowman Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Yes! I suspected zinc oxide ointment-Desitin! Gone grocery shopping to the fancy store here.
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I will have to look up sudocrem.
    I LOVE genealogy but right now I am feeling bogged down. My mother-in-law will not divulge even her parents names. And they are Japanese so there's no getting around her. So the kid's tree only goes to her but I have lots on the Andrews who settled in Dale County, Alabama. And then, I have my side including the great-great grandfather who was a sperm donor back in 1850 and we married all sorts of cousins in eastern Kentucky. I am currently working on Johnsons. I had my DNA and the kid's done--really can't make much out of it but then I have 9,000 matches of 'cousins'. A couple of folks (Brown, Johnson) seem to have come from Ireland and I am mostly stuck with that parent who came to the US, there was a lot of talk of Scotsmen (Andrews?, Crawfords) but I can't verify them and then we must be ate up with French Huguenot (Jett, Valentine) but they also can't be pinned down! Germany is the worst-I don't know the history well enough to understand which place they came from (Netherlands, Austria, Switzerland) or even why or how. We didn't come on the Mayflower or to Jamestown but some were here in the 1600s. Of course, we are quite English but still why? Lots of Sirs and Ladys and even the usual king/queen people all back to Charlemagne's granddaughter Mathilde, the Wallace family of Braveheart and Scottish kings and French queens. And I really do not know anything about the Welsh but they were obviously a people apart. My son is more Welsh than I and then he is 30% East Asian. The Native American ladies on both sides are non-existent according to DNA. Sigh. It is so addicting and I can't recall who or what I did from one day to the next. I guess it beats time and money spent shopping and maybe reduces time watching tv. I do work at my ward (Church) in our Family Heritage Center so that is primarily through Family Search but I also have a lot on MyHeritage. As you may know, the LDS (Mormons) sponsor family research and so our wards have centers that will assist people to work on genealogy. Ours is open on Tuesdays from 10-2 and then Wednesdays at 6:30-8:30 pm-that's my work now. Okay, I ran on here but it is so intriguing to think of who these names and dates could have been.
    I went to the 8 am water class at the Y and haven't taken all my pills yet but will do so shortly. Yesterday, I wanted something all day but not sure what it was. Stayed in the calories (sodium seems to lurk in everything even tho I never pick up a salt shaker) and that's about all. No yard work nor laundry.
    Thursday then is exercise (done but might go again this evening), maintain on calories, do something on the yard, grocery shop, take out trash, and do laundry and nag son to empty dishwasher and clothes dryer. I hear the dog barking funny so outside to fix whatever is going on.

That is so interesting! I LOVE family search and think it is so awesome that it is made available as a free resource - even cooler that you offer help and assistance! So thanks for being a part of that :)
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,474 Member
    Options
    Recap W 8/15 ~ decided to take rest day since walked dog 5 days straight in humid weather for 17.8 miles total
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 8,735 steps, 250+ steps 13/14 & 52 floors :smile:
    2) Meals & snacks prelogged / net calories w/i 100 green / plenty of water = Net calories & sodium green (yay), sugar -16, fiber & protein good, 14c water :smiley:
    3) Get stuff done in evening! :smiley: Washed all the dishes. Finally decluttered coffee table, lots in recycle bin & cleaned up family room... close to being ready for family visit on Sat. <3 Responded to email re road construction.
    4) Unplug 9:00 :neutral: late on MFP / floss :s too tired / retainers :s bah! / bed & TV off 10:15 :s (walk dog R before work)

JFT R 8/16
    1) Walked dog before work in v warm (69) and v humid (68 dew point = YUCK) foggy weather / saw 2 bunnies & sure sign of summer winding down, heard geese on the move in the clouds / 3.46 mi 1:01:50 (yay ~ MapMyWalk app seems to have self-corrected & no issues today) = happy dog :smiley: & sweaty me :sweat_smile:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged w/ wiggle room / stick w/ plan / net calories green / >12c water
    4) At work, focus on doing my job & not office politics + crappy mgmt (realization has hit me that I can retire in 1 year + 2 months, if I really want to ~ that helps)
    5) Evening: grocery shop / maybe shop sales items / prep cucumber salad / organize for F evening food prep / at least 1 more to-do
    6) Unplug 9:00 (better for falling asleep) / FLOSS / RETAINERS / bed & TV off 10:15 (walk dog F before work)

Evening Snack Challenge ~ my goal to not snack past 9 p.m.
    1. Peanut M&Ms (wanted something sweet) when got home at 9pm
    2. 1 chocolate power muffin before 8:30
    3. 1/4c chicken salad after 9:00 (emotional eating) :s
    4. Peanut M&Ms 9pm
    5. Nothing after supper :star:
    6. Nothing after Feast w/ the Beasts ended at 8pm :p
    7. Late supper after spa/massage appt. & nothing after 8pm :smile:
    8. Nothing after supper :star:
    9. Brookside pomegranate dark chocolate at 8:30 (down in dumps) :s
    10. Animal crackers after 9pm :s
    11. Late supper after balloon ascension/glow followed by ice cream w/ hubby when we got home 9:30 :#
    12. Supper over at 8pm & had few peanut M&Ms later (not sure of time) :/
    13. 9 plain M&Ms after supper (counted three each red, white, blue) BEFORE 9 :smile:
    14. Unplanned frozen strawberry bar (80 cal) at 8pm, after supper & roses/garden work :smile:
    15. 3 animal crackers after 9pm & busy w/ household chores :p
  • birdiebon
    birdiebon Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    JFT
    Record data for 10 day challenge
    Log all food
    8,000 steps
    Use weights tonight at home
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I forgot to post goals yesterday! I'm juggling a lot and doing pretty well though! I need to eat MORE. That is not usually my problem. It was too hot to cook last night so I basically put whatever was in the fridge on a plate and microwaved it. I did okay on water - but could have been better with all the activity and sweating I was doing - i ended up with a headache right before bed that no amount of water would cure. So today I will fill my glass more often! I unpacked everything and cleared the staging area for tomorrows move. IM SO EXCITED to have our things in our space finally. LOTS OF WATER TODAY and a good nights rest will be imperative. No breakfast, or lunch planned for today - but dinner will be a nice steak and potatoes and green beans on the grill. Staying at the apartment one last night and I'm honestly kind of weepy about it. I'll be in the moment tonight and soak in all the memories we've made.

JFT Thursday
    1. Log all food
    2. Lots of water
    3. Reasonable lunch choice
    4. Be present and kind
    5. Pack all kitchen and pantry
    6. Bed by 9:30 - no TV at the apartment anymore so shouldnt be a problem!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
    Options
    jeschepp wrote: »
    Does anyone ever simultaneously feel they should be doing more, but also less? I am quite behind at work and with house chores, but feel I have no time! I told a colleague how much I had on my schedule at work and she agreed I really need to cut back. I'm a perfectionist and it's hard to look at cutting back as anything other than a failure. However, I'm burning out where I am at, and cutting back will help me be more effective in the long run, rather than doing everything with half ability. Anywho, thanks for *listening* as always.
    Coworker had fresh sweet corn today for grabs (4 mins in the micro and DONE) so I made an Indian tomato soup and a tilapia dish I love along with it. Pretty good spread!

@slittlemeister I am impressed with all the smileys!!!

For today:
    House chores :(
    30 minutes exercise :(
    Track food and exercise ✅
    Eat all servings of 5 food groups :( somehow got only one serving of carbs!
    Meet 1200-1400 net calories, counting exercise ✅
    Water challenge-80 oz. ✅
    Post here for accountability + sleep hrs. ✅-somehow got less sleep last night even though I went to bed earlier! Gotta keep working at this

For tomorrow:
    House chores
    30 minutes exercise
    Track food and exercise
    Eat all servings of 5 food groups
    Meet 1200-1400 net calories, counting exercise
    Water challenge-80 oz.
    Post here for accountability + sleep hrs.

Wow you describe my life prior to August 31 last year. For the last three years of my last job I was doing two full time positions and 90% of the time was left alone at the office to answer calls and walk ins. It was a no win situation. The stress of work affected my home life, my health, my sanity and serenity. If you can find anyway at all to get some of that work off of your plate do it! I too am a perfectionist and thought I could do it all, but you can't do any one thing to the caliber that it should be. So you're already feeling like you aren't cutting it. I had finally for the last year begged for help and never got it. I finally gave up trying to keep up and then ended up fired a week before I was scheduled to see my doctor for a stress leave letter.

I learned a lot:
    Family is there for you
    Employers will replace you - they are currently looking for the 5th person to try to replace 1/2 of my job and the petty person deep inside me sort of smiles at this
    My health is more important - I had been suffering for a over a year with a smoke smell at completely random times. It was diagnosed by a neurologist as a form of migraines. I would smell smoke for a few days and then have the headache. I have only had one incident since leaving that company.
    I need to find ways to create my own peace - I have been been using a Gratitude Journal, devotions and prayers
    Do what you love - the dust can sit for another week, I will go for a walk or do something that I really love before I will do housework. I keep it very tidy and things in their place (otherwise I would go mad) but the dust can sit.
    My health and happiness is more important to my husband and my family than the money I earn is - We have struggled financially for a number of years. Due to the economy here in Alberta my husband was out of work for over 2 years. I took all of that responsibility on and wouldn't look for another job when I was so unhappy because "at least I had a job". I won't ever do that again.

It took me over a month of not working before I felt rested and got the stress out. For that first month I slept so much! I would have 3 or 4 - 2 hour naps through the day and still sleep all night. I was ready to call the doctor when I finally started feeling normal. I did discuss it with her later and she said it was my body's way of healing from all the stress I had been under.

I truly hope that you get some help and understand that asking for it is not a reflection on you, but rather a reflection on the company.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    Congrats @HEGoddard0928 on the name plate! And all your continued success in the job (especially now certain people have gone!). Hope you feel very proud of yourself.

Great job @elsie6hickman on the good choices while eating out - so hard to do sometimes!

@maryrobinson40 and @jeschepp - look after yourselves! We can only do so much before we hit a wall. Feel a bit like I hit that wall myself recently.

@Bex953172 - I’m really inspired by the way you track and adjust. If I slip into the ‘red’ I often say screw it and just make it worse. But I’ve noticed how you respond immediately with some activity to get back in the green. It’s a great reminder for us all that a day doesn’t have to be ruined unless we let it.

@mytime6630 - great job on the August challenge. I’m struggling a bit with this one but my schedule is all over the place with no work for summer break and the girls away! This one would have been great for me for September ;)

@snowflake1968 hope you had fun with grandkids!

Anyone I’ve missed - hope the week is going well.

I didn’t get on here last night as I was up late. My boyfriend is having a rough time at work and couldn’t make it for dinner in the end. But I didn’t hear from him until gone 9pm by which point I was so hungry! The girls are back today (yay!!) but that means I won’t see him now for a couple of weeks so felt a bit down last night. Did the chocolate help? No, it never does.... sigh!

Wednesday recap
    - morning workout ✅
    - April to August challenges - all good until the evening and then got a bit emotional
    - Finish paperwork ✅
    - Hot yoga ✅ - had a great class!
    - Dinner with boyfriend (planned and prepped) ❎ made the lovely dinner, he couldn’t get out of work. I ate my portion and was within goal and then found some chocolate
    - Get to sleep at a sensible hour 🤞🏼(he is a night owl!) ❎ nope

Thursday goals
    - morning workout
    - April to August challenges
    - Renew yoga studio membership
    - Grocery shopping
    - Haircut at 12
    - Pick up kids from airport (yippee!)
    - Early night

Yay for your girls being home. I can understand the frustration of not seeing the boyfriend though.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Well, yesterday was a bust. Intended to finish work at 6.30 in order to meet my friend for pub dinner, make sensible choices, get a sensible train home, and pack my stuff for morning run.

What actually happened? Worked 10.5 hours with just 15 mins lunch break. Actually left at 7.30. Ordered a sensible choice for main, but my friend was naughty and ordered a bottle of wine for us to share without telling me. After half a bottle of wine, having another glass of wine and a dessert seemed like a good idea. As did getting the last train home. Unsurprisingly, I did not pack my run stuff.

Yesterday's commitments - a summary!

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Stick to food plan :s:s
    - 3 bottles water :)
    - 45 minute lunch break :'(
    - Duolingo :smile:
    - Finish work at 6.30pm :s
    - Train home at 9.45pm :s
    - Pack stuff for morning run :s

I think what this tells me is that work, and alcohol, are not good for my goals...(!)

Today will be better (won't be going out).
    Commitments are:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Be in the green
    - 4 bottles water

- 30 minute lunch break
    - Duolingo & French book
    - Finish work at 7pm, NO LATER
    - Watch the Handmaid's tale
    - Lights out by 11

Are you still preparing for a job move? I think you are right work is not good for your goals which is what causes the alcohol :)
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Morning all!

So just for Thursday!
    - 8 glasses of water
    - Be in the green

The sudocrem incident
    7o1grgkplte9.jpg

Oh my! - this was a discussion on our local radio station last week. The DJ's daughter who is going to be 2 in November used bacon grease as lotion. Those creams and lotions are so hard to clean up. I'm so sorry you had to deal with that mess. She looks like she's sorry though :)
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    GooooooooD Morning!!! 1,226 steps in already🙌🙌🙌
    Burn🔥 Mary burn🔥
    JFT
    TAKE GRANDSON TO GET BLOOD WORK /THEN TO FOOD ALLERGIST
    READ! READ! READ!...IT'S A MUST.
    DRINK at least 46oz. of water today
    ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
    Starting with short goal list today. Won't put any unnecessary strain on my day today. I'm doing this MFP and it's working for me. IT WILL TOTALLY WORK, IF I WORK IT RIGHT..
    I already feel a difference in my body. It wants the exercise now. Before all it wanted was more junk.
    Funny thing to me is, now I turn my nose up at certain foods. Found myself doing it yesterday.. Saying to myself, "How could I let myself put that in my body?"
    I'm rediscovering myself. I'm facing things that I had become"NUMB" to.
    When someone caused me pain, I didn't always confront them... I would eat blindly. It was like a shield would come over me and I'd retreat inside myself. I'd consciously unconsciously be eating (chips, or ice cream) and when something in me triggered me conscious; I'd have eaten almost the whole bag, or the whole half gallon.
    Needless to say, I have been making changes... I began by letting go of toxic people... People who's assignment is to drag you down and not want to see you better yourself, because it would mean they couldn't use you as an excuse any more to stay the way they are. The old saying... Misery Loves Company". Stop feeding misery and joy will find it's way in the main room of your life.
    I'M DETERMINED TO LIVE! I'M DETERMINED TO HAVE MY DESTINY! I'M DETERMINED TO LOVE MYSELF IN A HEALTHY, HUMBLE WAY!

I hope you have an awesome day and are feeling better. It's amazing what can happen when we start putting ourselves first. Make sure you eat enough with all of the exercise that you are trying to do. You don't want to burn out.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT - Wednesday August 15
    2L of Water - :/ 1.75 I forgot to drink the last part of one bottle
    Calories in Green by 150 - ;) I'm saying yes but the diary said only 75. I had done a 20 minute pilates workout that I didn't enter so that should make it up
    Outside 15 Minutes - This may be difficult the smoke is the worst its been yet - :o Definitely not! Yesterday was our worse smoke day yet, today is supposed to be the same.
    Only one Evening Snack - :)
    Walk??? - :) I did a Leslie Sansone 3 Mile Power Walk inside
    Yoga or Pilates - :) Pilates man I'm out of shape
    Write in Journal - :/ I think I forgot, I can't remember doing it

JFT - Thursday August 16
    2L of Water
    Calories in Green by 150
    Outside 15 Minutes - I'm not even really going to attempt this unless it clears
    Only one Evening Snack
    Walk or Swim
    Yoga or Pilates
    Write in Journal

Had a great visit with the Grands last night. Jonah was happy to get back to his Minecraft game on my ipad so he didn't talk a lot after supper, but I witnessed the cutest thing if only I could have caught it on camera. Michaela has a doll that sings, talks, lights up etc. The batteries needed replaced. I replaced them and handed her the doll. She gave the doll a kiss, and patted its head saying "Oh Baby". Jonah was looking up at her with his head down, so just raising his eyes. His smile at his sister getting her baby fixed was so huge his dimples showed. He was just staring at her for a couple seconds before going back to his game. My heart about melted, I could just feel the love he has for her.

Michaela learned a few more words while she was away. She is now calling me Grammie instead of Mimi - that's sort of sad. She is saying Jonah instead of 'Nah for his name. I bought her a little necklace while we were away that had a ladybug on it. She quickly said Ladybug when we told her what it was. I asked her if she had a good time at camp, she got very excited and started telling me a story. She was babbling a mile a minute but all I knew for sure was she hurt her bum because she stuck it out at me and said hurt. The translation from her Mother was, they had a little blow up boat that she was floating in the river with. The water was very low and they could actually feel some of the rocks on their bottoms. LOL

I have a doctors appointment this morning. I haven't had a yearly check up for 2 years. The last time my bloodwork showed that I was pre-diabetic, I am hoping that when it comes back this time after I get it that I have fixed that. Diabetes is one of my biggest fears. I hate needles especially the finger prick.