JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,072 Member
    Options
    @mytime6630 so proud you checked the calories! Well done!
    @maryrobinson40 I really hope your brother is okay! Hugs for you xx
    @PackerFanInGB I keep meaning to ask how that quilts coming on :) I know you've been very busy so don't worry! I'm still excited hahaha
  • Bex953172
    Options
    So just for Thursday! (Recap)
    - 8 glasses of water ❎
    - Be in the green❎
    - Exercise ❗Priority, ❗ this is my main focus for today, the one I want to achieve most. ❎
    - Tidy Up (and keep it tidy!)❎
    - Finish the laundry ❎and put it away!!✔️

Yeah i didn't post this yesterday because I was furious with myself. I did really really well until after dinner. And then I just lost all self control and pigged out!
    Exercise is proving to be a big struggle atm. I just can't be ar$ed.

I didn't finish the laundry but did get the stuff I'd already done away.

• Bex953172
    Options
    Not been feeling my best the last couple of days.
    I keep feeling nauseous through out the day and yesterday I had a dizzy spell. However I'm on contraception and I've just done a pregnancy test incase it failed and its negative so definitely not that.
    So what could it be?
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All!
    @Faebert. Thank you for your thoughts of me and my brother. It's greatly appreciated🌹😍
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    I keep feeling nauseous through out the day and yesterday I had a dizzy spell. However I'm on contraception and I've just done a pregnancy test incase it failed and its negative so definitely not that.
    So what could it be?

Sis, how long have you been on this contraceptive?
    Have you added any new thing to your eating lately?
    Have you eaten more of any certain thing than usual?
    When you began feeling nauseous had you eaten out?
    I think a doctor's visit may be necessary...
    I'm totally concerned... Keep us in the know ok. Hugs🌹💕💕💕
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    HOPE EVERYONE ACCOMPLISHES THEIR JFT💜🙌👏👏👏💪

💪💕 I'M OK AND I'M ON MY WAY... ON MY WAY TO BETTER, GREATER

JFT
    1- EXERCISE (DO WHAT I CAN DO AND BE HAPPY ABOUT IT)
    2- LOVE ON ME (DON'T PUT ANYTHING IN MY MOUTH THAT WILL SHORTEN MY LIFE/HURT MY BODY)
    3- WALK AWAY FROM NEGATIVITY ( I DON'T HAVE TO ALLOW TOXINS IN)
    4- CHANGE MY ATMOSPHERE ( LIGHTING, MUSIC, etc.)
    5- LIBRARY (CHECK EMAILS, book)
    ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
    *THOUGHT FOR TODAY..." WHEN YOU KNOW BETTER, DO BETTER!"
    COMFORTS 🐻: I DON'T HAVE TO COMPETE/REPEAT/DEPLETE💥
    I'M BECOMING THE BEST ME I CAN BE🙌💯
  • Bex953172
    Options
    So what could it be?

About 3 months, it's the mirena coil. I've not added anything new and have no known allergies. And nope don't tend to eat out much, it not like food poisoning or anything, my stomach and guts are fine.
    The only thing I've been drinking more of is coffee? But not in excess. Normally have a tea in the morning but I've been having coffee recently instead. That's the only thing but I've never been sensitive to coffee.

I hate going to the Dr's. I rarely go unless I'm really really poorly.
  • birdiebon
    birdiebon Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Successful yesterday! I need to stay on point for the weekend.
    JFT- Log food, 8,000 steps, hip stretches after walking. I like reading this thread, it is inspiring!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,737 Member
    Options
    JFT - Thursday August 16
    2L of Water - :)
    Calories in Green by 150 - :/ Only 74
    Outside 15 Minutes - I'm not even really going to attempt this unless it clears - No and it doesn't sound like I will be able to all weekend either
    Only one Evening Snack - :o Well I only had my one evening snack, but I had 1/2 as much more than I usually do. I normally eat 2 laughing cow wedges, wheat thins and grapes. Last week I was hungry and had way too many calories left so I ate 3 wedges. Last night I had to open another package and my OCD kicked in, I needed to get it to even numbers again. As I type this I realize how ridiculous it sounds, it's the Virgo in me. :p
    Walk or Swim - :) I did the Leslie Sansone video again last night.
    Yoga or Pilates - >:) No and I'm feeling it in my back again this morning
    Write in Journal - :)

JFT - Friday August 17
    2L of Water
    Calories in Green by 150
    Outside 15 Minutes - I'm keeping this here, because if the smoke clears I'm doing it. I miss it!
    Only 1 Evening Snack
    Walk - Leslie Sansone
    Yoga or Pilates
    Write in Journal

I had a crappy, crappy sleep last night probably the worse I've had in a year. I don't think there was anything wrong with me, I just couldn't get to sleep. I finally at 137 in the morning got up and went to watch tv. I know it was sometime after 2 that I fell asleep because I watched a Late Late Show. Then hubby woke me at 4 to go back to bed. That alarm at 7 sucked this morning!

@HEGoddard0928 - Funny story and good thing the cat woke you up.

@mytime6630 - I love book fairs, depending on the size it's a good way to get lots of steps in too. I wouldn't have thought Rice Krispie Treats had too many calories either. Maybe when you want to treat your daughter you'll have to drop it at her house and tell her to eat it when you aren't there.

@maryrobinson40 - Sorry to hear about your brother, hope things are ok.

@Faebert - School Uniforms. My eldest decided to go to an all girls public school here for junior high that required a uniform. I was shocked at the prices! Her uniform cost me more than my budget for the two girls together for back to school clothes and supplies. I think her kilt alone was $225.00!

@Bex953172 - Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. Since you're dizzy are your sugars dropping too low? I agree with you about going to the doctors but if it continues you may have to bite the bullet.

Speaking of going to the doctor, I went for my yearly check up yesterday a year and a half late. I had seen her in September last year regarding my stress, but not for a physical. Her scale and mine were within an ounce of each other so that was nice to see. According to her I have lost 13 pounds since my last weigh in with her, I confessed and told her that I had managed to get all the way up to 202 over the winter and she wouldn't have known that.

She asked me what I am doing, I told her about MFP and she recommends it highly! I also told her that I don't eat breakfast most days, doing my own form of intermittent fasting. She told me I should stop this, that with the diabetes history in my family it is not a good way to lose weight. She told me I don't need a huge breakfast but a protein and a carb for sure and if I'm drinking coffee I need to drink water with it. This was discouraging and I'm not 100% sure if I'll follow her advice on it, I'm going to give it some thought. The skipping breakfast has jump-started my losses finally!

I also spoke to her about being frequently constipated. She has given me a list of things to try, she said with my history I need to have more soluble fibre, eating bran isn't going to cut it for me. I guess I need to learn some more about foods and their nutrient values. I really just eat what I enjoy and that's it.

• maryrobinson40
    Options
    So what could it be?

About 3 months, it's the mirena coil. I've not added anything new and have no known allergies. And nope don't tend to eat out much, it not like food poisoning or anything, my stomach and guts are fine.
    The only thing I've been drinking more of is coffee? But not in excess. Normally have a tea in the morning but I've been having coffee recently instead. That's the only thing but I've never been sensitive to coffee.

I hate going to the Dr's. I rarely go unless I'm really really poorly.

I love you and I care... Thank you for sharing. I'm praying for you.🌹🙏
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,477 Member
    Options
    19 new posts since I last looked! Will have to catch-up later, for now...

Recap R 8/16
    1) Walked dog before work in v warm (69) and v humid (68 dew point = YUCK) foggy weather / saw 2 bunnies & sure sign of summer winding down, heard geese on the move in the clouds / 3.46 mi 1:01:50 (yay ~ MapMyWalk app seems to have self-corrected & no issues today) = happy dog :smiley: & sweaty me :sweat_smile:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 16,564, 250+ steps 14/14 (boom!) & 68 floors :smiley:
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged w/ wiggle room / stick w/ plan / net calories green / >12c water = Did ok all day, then snacked after work & had peanut M&Ms later ~ oops. Net calories -116, sodium -819, sugar -25, fiber & protein good :/ 14c water :smiley:
    4) At work, focus on doing my job & not office politics + crappy mgmt (realization has hit me that I can retire in 1 year + 2 months, if I really want to ~ that helps) = Did ok ~ had an epiphany this morning that my attitude to all the chaos needs to change for me to be happy + then read a fantastic daily devotional that spoke directly to me in Our Daily Bread... so so timely! :smiley:
    5) Evening: grocery shop :smiley: / maybe shop sales items / prep cucumber salad will do F / organize for F evening food prep :smiley: / at least 1 more to-do :smiley: put clean dishes away, made hummingbird syrup & refilled all feeders, rinsed out & refilled birdbaths, cleaned/organized a little more, enjoyed Kitty napping on me late evening
    6) Unplug 9:00 :smiley: (better for falling asleep) / FLOSS :smiley: / RETAINERS :smiley: / bed & TV off 10:15 :smiley: (walk dog F before work)

JFT F 8/17 ~ Amazing difference in my mood once I determined I needed to shift my attitude! :D
    1) Walked dog before work (still warm & muggy, not as bad as yesterday) / 3.32 mi 58:47 & saw turkeys, including babies, at park / stretched = happy dog B) & happy me B)
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    3) Usual meals (eating up leftovers+) & snacks / prelog rest of day / net calories green / > 12c water
    4) Evening: prep salads & dessert / finish setting lunch table / organize entree ingredients / wash dishes
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / bed & TV off 10:15 (farmers market before 8am)

Sat. my mom, dad, aunt & uncle are visiting (3hr round trip drive) & having lunch at our house. Planning a healthy, yummy meal + chocolate zucchini cake. Hoping we will wander around the botanical gardens in the afternoon, only 2 miles from our house. Dog will be sad, because I have decided not to cram a walk in after the farmers market, and before getting myself ready and food in the oven. Will keep my usual (simplified) JFT goals of net calories green, activity (for a rest day) & water.

Evening Snack Challenge ~ my goal to not snack past 9 p.m.
    1. Peanut M&Ms (wanted something sweet) when got home at 9pm
    2. 1 chocolate power muffin before 8:30
    3. 1/4c chicken salad after 9:00 (emotional eating) :s
    4. Peanut M&Ms 9pm
    5. Nothing after supper :star:
    6. Nothing after Feast w/ the Beasts ended at 8pm :p
    7. Late supper after spa/massage appt. & nothing after 8pm :smile:
    8. Nothing after supper :star:
    9. Brookside pomegranate dark chocolate at 8:30 (down in dumps) :s
    10. Animal crackers after 9pm :s
    11. Late supper after balloon ascension/glow followed by ice cream w/ hubby when we got home 9:30 :#
    12. Supper over at 8pm & had few peanut M&Ms later (not sure of time) :/
    13. 9 plain M&Ms after supper (counted three each red, white, blue) BEFORE 9 :smile:
    14. Unplanned frozen strawberry bar (80 cal) at 8pm, after supper & roses/garden work :smile:
    15. 3 animal crackers after 9pm & busy w/ household chores :p
    16. 10 peanut M&Ms after 9pm :s
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    Good afternoon Ladies...
    I just got out of the shower.. I noticed that I'm not exhausted...
    Usually after a shower, I'm winded and have to take a nap... Today, not only was I Not winded, but I have a light energy about me...
    THEN...DAH DAH DAH DUM...THE joy bucket sprang a leak... My babygirl (28) called and said my middle girl is being taken to the hospital by ambulance for trouble breathing and my grandson (not being away from his mom..he's the only grandchild I have) he's in a tizzy...whatever tizzy means. These days...my life🎢🎠.... Lol…... I'm up, I'm down.
    😀😁😂 I'M HAPPY! LMBO... I'M SHOUTING AT MY HAPPINESS... I'M HAPPY AND I'M GOING TO BE EVEN MORE HAPPY!!
    I'M DETERMINED ALL THE MORE! GOOD BAD, HAPPY, SAD,...wait.
    Now I'm sounding like that All Green song... Lah, Lah, Lah, Lah, Lah, Lah baby🎶🎤 Hey Ladies/Sisters/Friends.. Whatever you associate me with... I'm singing..
    🎶 I'm so in love with you, whatever you want to do, is alright with meeeee.
    Lol…... You all make me feel so brand new.. I'm glad I get to be friends with you... So sisters, Leeeet's(that's me holding the note) ... Let's stay together. Through the good/bad/happy or sad...
    Yes I changed the words, but not the tune.
    Roses for you all🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options

I think what this tells me is that work, and alcohol, are not good for my goals...(!)

Today will be better (won't be going out).
    Commitments are:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Be in the green
    - 4 bottles water

- 30 minute lunch break
    - Duolingo & French book
    - Finish work at 7pm, NO LATER
    - Watch the Handmaid's tale
    - Lights out by 11

I absolutely agree! I think work in particular is not good for my goals either. If only I would win the lottery and be able to retire and hire a chef and trainer.... *sigh*

How IS the Handmaid's Tale? I've been going back and forth on watching that show. I hear good reviews online but I don't know anyone who watches it. :smile:
  • josephinebowman
    josephinebowman Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    BEX-sorry to hear you are feeling odd. I also think it sounds like low sugar. But have you even been told that you have a diabetes issue? How's your blood pressure? You are so young I can't recall what things typically pop-up. If it doesn't resolve, drag your self to doctor.

SNOWFLAKE- How exciting that you have stuff about family! I especially hope a lot of people will document the stories and events their ancestors had. It just seems to bring them into being real. As to my MIL, I offended her greatly in just about anything including breathing much less marrying her baby boy (he was 45). The Japanese are actually very family centered but private. They have family record centers all over and you can access records back to 700 or so. But you have to have permission or be the direct line person to request information and it is in Japanese. In about 10 years, my son can do this if he wants as he is a direct descendant. I think her comment was No one needs to drag all that trouble up after all this time. I can imagine that having an American husband in the 1950s was not liked by others in Japan just the same as there must have been hard times for them when they returned to rural Alabama.

AND ON THIS DAY, to my lack of progress with ...I went to IHOP. I did consider the calories and fat/carbs/protein. I drank water with lemon. I did not eat one strip of bacon, I used sugar-free syrup. 800+ calories and the food was not good. Salty to me, not as hot as I like it, a lady taken away weeping in an ambulance (which had nothing to do with me but just sort of eye-catching when the fire/rescue vehicles pull up as you are sitting down), and now I am walking quickly to the bathroom at home. I am trying to recall the details so I won't do this again. There's nothing I could not have fixed at home except I wouldn't have had bacon or hash browns or even crepes and I would only eat 1 egg at a time. I would not have added salt anywhere and I could have eaten things hot. I think some of the calories should not count since I high-stepped to the bathroom.
    Friday-I did go to a swim class, I will drink much more water, I won't eat much more except fruit or something vegetable. I am going upstairs to watch tv because my son is watching Titanic videos on his computer and that just makes me sad. No one I knew was on the Titanic so ?why sad?
    Saturday--Get up and don't forget pills, take out trash, do laundry. Check Y schedule. Try to persuade son we do not want to make a cardboard boat like the Titanic. Keep mowing. No calorie overage and watch sodium.
  • Bex953172
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 @josephinebowman Thanks for responding!
    I've not been told anything about diabetes and its never been a concern and I've typically always had good blood pressure even through my pregnancies. I will go to the pharmacy to get it checked though and see what they say.
    It's very strange I just don't know what's causing it.

I did ring my GP today and got a blood test form for a full blood count and thyroid function so maybe it's one of those
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    Update🙏🙏🙏🙏
    They had to Resuscitate my brother last night, he's on respiration machine, other brother called with health issues, and my vehicle has sprung a leak within the power steering., so can't drive it.
    Ok... But we're a family of faith... No matter what comes... I want you all to know, IT IS WELL WITH MY SOUL. I'M human, yes...so I shed a few tears to cleanse my soul from the pain.
    Don't cry for me... I ask you all to be joy filled.within your lives and what you're doing towards better health... In so doing, brings strength. We are overcomers. Even if we don't have the best day today, we rejoice in God's mercy to LIVE to fight another day and make a difference in the lives of others and our families.
    I'M OK AND I'M ON MY WAY TO VICTORY!!
    HUGS TO YOU ALL AND THANK YOU FOR ACCEPTING ME😀🙌💕
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    19 new posts since I last looked! Will have to catch-up later, for now...

4) At work, focus on doing my job & not office politics + crappy mgmt (realization has hit me that I can retire in 1 year + 2 months, if I really want to ~ that helps) = Did ok ~ had an epiphany this morning that my attitude to all the chaos needs to change for me to be happy + then read a fantastic daily devotional that spoke directly to me in Our Daily Bread... so so timely! :smiley:

Isn't it amazing how the devotionals can speak to us directly when it seems we most need it. I love that!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Update🙏🙏🙏🙏
    They had to Resuscitate my brother last night, he's on respiration machine, other brother called with health issues, and my vehicle has sprung a leak within the power steering., so can't drive it.
    Ok... But we're a family of faith... No matter what comes... I want you all to know, IT IS WELL WITH MY SOUL. I'M human, yes...so I shed a few tears to cleanse my soul from the pain.
    Don't cry for me... I ask you all to be joy filled.within your lives and what you're doing towards better health... In so doing, brings strength. We are overcomers. Even if we don't have the best day today, we rejoice in God's mercy to LIVE to fight another day and make a difference in the lives of others and our families.
    I'M OK AND I'M ON MY WAY TO VICTORY!!
    HUGS TO YOU ALL AND THANK YOU FOR ACCEPTING ME😀🙌💕

I'm so sorry about your brother! Have they said if he will recover or do they not know?
    I believe in God but do not practice it at all. However I will say a prayer for you tonight. Can't do any harm!
    Hugs for you x
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    BEX-sorry to hear you are feeling odd. I also think it sounds like low sugar. But have you even been told that you have a diabetes issue? How's your blood pressure? You are so young I can't recall what things typically pop-up. If it doesn't resolve, drag your self to doctor.

SNOWFLAKE- How exciting that you have stuff about family! I especially hope a lot of people will document the stories and events their ancestors had. It just seems to bring them into being real. As to my MIL, I offended her greatly in just about anything including breathing much less marrying her baby boy (he was 45). The Japanese are actually very family centered but private. They have family record centers all over and you can access records back to 700 or so. But you have to have permission or be the direct line person to request information and it is in Japanese. In about 10 years, my son can do this if he wants as he is a direct descendant. I think her comment was No one needs to drag all that trouble up after all this time. I can imagine that having an American husband in the 1950s was not liked by others in Japan just the same as there must have been hard times for them when they returned to rural Alabama.

AND ON THIS DAY, to my lack of progress with ...I went to IHOP. I did consider the calories and fat/carbs/protein. I drank water with lemon. I did not eat one strip of bacon, I used sugar-free syrup. 800+ calories and the food was not good. Salty to me, not as hot as I like it, a lady taken away weeping in an ambulance (which had nothing to do with me but just sort of eye-catching when the fire/rescue vehicles pull up as you are sitting down), and now I am walking quickly to the bathroom at home. I am trying to recall the details so I won't do this again. There's nothing I could not have fixed at home except I wouldn't have had bacon or hash browns or even crepes and I would only eat 1 egg at a time. I would not have added salt anywhere and I could have eaten things hot. I think some of the calories should not count since I high-stepped to the bathroom.
    Friday-I did go to a swim class, I will drink much more water, I won't eat much more except fruit or something vegetable. I am going upstairs to watch tv because my son is watching Titanic videos on his computer and that just makes me sad. No one I knew was on the Titanic so ?why sad?
    Saturday--Get up and don't forget pills, take out trash, do laundry. Check Y schedule. Try to persuade son we do not want to make a cardboard boat like the Titanic. Keep mowing. No calorie overage and watch sodium.

Well that's interesting that you must be a direct descendant to assess the information. It must have been very difficult for them in that time. I will never understand the need to blame the SIL or DIL because of who the child chose to marry.

It sucks when you decide to just blow the calories and then the meal isn't good! I have had those times too, you want to stop eating and wasting the calories, but then you are wasting the money... quite the conundrum.

Hope you have a great rest of your day
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 @josephinebowman Thanks for responding!
    I've not been told anything about diabetes and its never been a concern and I've typically always had good blood pressure even through my pregnancies. I will go to the pharmacy to get it checked though and see what they say.
    It's very strange I just don't know what's causing it.

I did ring my GP today and got a blood test form for a full blood count and thyroid function so maybe it's one of those

Glad to see you at least called! Hopefully it's nothing too serious and just a little bug or something.