JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,733 Member
    Options
    Break time! Woohoo! It needs to 5! We have a long weekend! I have a whole bunch of cleaning to do! Paperwork and research. A friend suggested that we look into getting him temporary/partial disability.

I'm with you, I am anxiously waiting for the day to get gone! I have a lot I want to be doing at home and can't do it here.
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Exactly! I can start my budget here but I really don't feel like.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Exactly! I can start my budget here but I really don't feel like.

I want to dig into my craft room some more, I was on a roll yesterday when I got interrupted.
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I get in a roll when I'm doing personal money things like budgeting. It'll be a lot easier when their isn't a husband demanding attention. LOL!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Can feel the excitement for the long weekend from across the pond! We had ours last weekend and now feels like we are hurtling towards the return to school at a terrifying pace. I’ve had all this time but I’m not quite ready!

Had a good day today. As my older daughter was on a sleepover yesterday and then went to cooking club with two friends, I did one for my youngest at home. We made two cakes (Victoria sponge and lemon) for my niece’s bday tomorrow, chocolate chunk cookies, fudge chip cookies, a loaf of bread and a humongous mac and cheese. Then picked up my older daughter and two of her friends and they all spent the afternoon together here. So some of the pasta and cookies have gone!

BUT I am literally staring at a pile of temptation. I have been avoiding it as I just don’t feel strong enough to moderate at the moment. Plus I ate all the food last weekend with the bf so can’t really justify it!

Friday goals recap
    - morning workout ✅
    - Laundry ❎
    - Cooking day! Make bread dough/cookie dough and leave to rise/chill ✅
    - Jog down to cafe for a coffee with the munchkin ❎ out of time, had to drive
    - Buy cocoa powder ✅
    - Cookery class! ✅
    - Pick up older daughter and her friend at 2:45 ✅
    - name labels on uniform/shoes - half ✅
    - Early night ✅

Saturday goals
    - morning workout
    - laundry
    - finish name labels
    - freeze leftovers
    - birthday tea for niece
    - stay within calorie goal
    - rest

Have a fantastic long weekend those who have it. I will be thinking of you @snowflake1968 - please keep us posted x
  • Faebert
    Options
    Gratuitous cake pic ;)ell0zikxg0lj.jpeg
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    Gratuitous cake pic ;)ell0zikxg0lj.jpeg

What a beautiful cake!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Can feel the excitement for the long weekend from across the pond! We had ours last weekend and now feels like we are hurtling towards the return to school at a terrifying pace. I’ve had all this time but I’m not quite ready!

Had a good day today. As my older daughter was on a sleepover yesterday and then went to cooking club with two friends, I did one for my youngest at home. We made two cakes (Victoria sponge and lemon) for my niece’s bday tomorrow, chocolate chunk cookies, fudge chip cookies, a loaf of bread and a humongous mac and cheese. Then picked up my older daughter and two of her friends and they all spent the afternoon together here. So some of the pasta and cookies have gone!

BUT I am literally staring at a pile of temptation. I have been avoiding it as I just don’t feel strong enough to moderate at the moment. Plus I ate all the food last weekend with the bf so can’t really justify it!

Friday goals recap
    - morning workout ✅
    - Laundry ❎
    - Buy cocoa powder ✅
    - Cookery class! ✅
    - Early night ✅

Saturday goals
    - morning workout
    - laundry
    - finish name labels
    - freeze leftovers
    - birthday tea for niece
    - rest

Have a fantastic long weekend those who have it. I will be thinking of you @snowflake1968 - please keep us posted x

When does school go back for you? My grandson starts back on Tuesday.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,476 Member
    Options
    Unbelievable ~ I started this post this morning at work, and it's just been crazy today... I am packing up my office space for relocation on Tues. then learned the space I'm moving to is (sort of) empty this afternoon. So I've been packing my boxes as planned today, and then moving and unpacking today! At least I'm getting lots of activity at work instead of just sitting at my desk. It's dead in the dept. this afternoon, only one other co-worker still here before the holiday weekend. Anyway...

Recap Th 8/30
    1) Walked dog before work ~ gorgeous morning! 3.27 mi 57:51 ~ a little short so I could do #2 below = happy dog B) & happy me B)
    2) Washed / hung 2 loads laundry outside before work / take down after work before leaving (see #3 below) :# Since sun didn't make appearance until late afternoon, had to throw some clothes in dryer before folding ~ can tell it's late summer.
    3) Usual breakfast, lunch & snacks prelogged / 10-12c water / tonight is another "Taste" event filled with food & adult beverage samples ~ this time downtown in 2 block area with 2 music stages ~ attending w/ friend(s) (not sure who's showing up) ~ will enjoy whatever samples I decide to try / not logging anything tonight (how could I?) + no regrets! Month end weigh in will be skewed + who cares? :smiley: 12c water. Arrived at Taste of Broadway hungry! Had a wonderful time enjoying food samples, adult beverages & music with my friends. <3 No regrets! :D
    4) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work ~ tomorrow is last day of workplace step challenge that started in April! = Wow, with dog walk, stairs breaks, laundry outside & street event, steps really add up! Fitbit 19,771 steps, 250+ steps 14/14 (boom!) & 37 floors :smiley:
    5) Floss :s / retainers :s / bed & TV off 11:00 :smiley: (walk dog before work F)

JFT F 8/31
    1) Walked dog before work & saw turkeys sitting on fence along conservancy, looked so funny! 3.58 mi 1:01:18 / stretched = happy dog B) & happy me B)
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work / pack up stuff in office for desk relocation on Tues.
    3) Eating up leftovers at home / meals & snacks prelogged / stick w/ plan & net calories green / > 10c water
    4) Unplug 9:30 / floss / retainers / bed & TV off 10:30 (farmers market in a.m.)

Sat. is middle brother's wedding. There will be lots of car time (est. 4-5 hours all-told) plus the ceremony plus the dinner and I have no idea about any reception (remarriage on both sides & they're trying to economize). Since all I know about the dinner is pulled pork, I will eat healthy for breakfast & early lunch, and bring snacks with me. My goals for Sat.: drink water, be pleasant & enjoy being with family. <3

Evening Snack Challenge ~ my goal to not snack past 9 p.m.
    1. Peanut M&Ms (wanted something sweet) when got home at 9pm
    2. 1 chocolate power muffin before 8:30
    3. 1/4c chicken salad after 9:00 (emotional eating) :s
    4. Peanut M&Ms 9pm
    5. Nothing after supper :star:
    6. Nothing after Feast w/ the Beasts ended at 8pm :p
    7. Late supper after spa/massage appt. & nothing after 8pm :smile:
    8. Nothing after supper :star:
    9. Brookside pomegranate dark chocolate at 8:30 (down in dumps) :s
    10. Animal crackers after 9pm :s
    11. Late supper after balloon ascension/glow followed by ice cream w/ hubby when we got home 9:30 :#
    12. Supper over at 8pm & had few peanut M&Ms later (not sure of time) :/
    13. 9 plain M&Ms after supper (counted three each red, white, blue) BEFORE 9 :smile:
    14. Unplanned frozen strawberry bar (80 cal) at 8pm, after supper & roses/garden work :smile:
    15. 3 animal crackers after 9pm & busy w/ household chores :p
    16. 10 peanut M&Ms after 9pm :s
    17. Brookside pomegranate dark chocolate after all chores done / past 9pm :s
    18. Napped in evening after family left, then had plain M&Ms after 9pm :s
    19. Nothing after supper :star: finally!
    20. Nothing after supper :star:
    21. Still hungry after supper & snacked on cashews (before 9pm) :#
    22. 4 animal crackers after happy hour at 6:45pm
    23. Very proud of myself ~ wanted to snack after supper in the worst way and did not! :star:
    24. Huge fail ~ snacked on veggie straws (too many!) after 9pm >:)
    25. Nothing after supper ~ I seem to alternate nothing w/ splurge :D
    26. 3 peanut M&Ms after 9pm :p
    27. Popcorn snack after work before supper but nothing after :D
    28. Nothing after supper :star:
    29. 8 pieces (1/2 portion) Brookside pomegranate dark chocolate at 8:30 ~ just really wanted taste of chocolate!
    30. Taste of Broadway for supper & adult beverages & still snacked when I got home around 8:30 ~ at least it was before 9pm! :D
  • Faebert
    Options

Friday goals recap
    - morning workout ✅
    - Laundry ❎
    - Buy cocoa powder ✅
    - Cookery class! ✅
    - Early night ✅

Saturday goals
    - morning workout
    - laundry
    - finish name labels
    - freeze leftovers
    - birthday tea for niece
    - rest

Monday for us. I am excited but nervous about starting fresh with a new class. They always seem so small in the first half term!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,071 Member
    Options
    @mytime6630 What's the next challenge!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options

Friday goals recap
    - morning workout ✅
    - Laundry ❎
    - Buy cocoa powder ✅
    - Cookery class! ✅
    - Early night ✅

Saturday goals
    - morning workout
    - laundry
    - finish name labels
    - freeze leftovers
    - birthday tea for niece
    - rest

Monday for us. I am excited but nervous about starting fresh with a new class. They always seem so small in the first half term!

What grade do you teach?
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Today's intention was to get a gel manicure and a pedicure. And I got that done. Got a call from my Dr. who said that my B12 is low and to come in and get a shot once a week for 4 weeks and monthly afterward. So that is done.
    Looking forward to a weekend of college football and perhaps a boatride. And of course, my intent is to do my exercise every day.
    🙋👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏
    Once those B12's get into your system...look out world...you're going to feel a lot better.
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Unbelievable ~ I started this post this morning at work, and it's just been crazy today... I am packing up my office space for relocation on Tues. then learned the space I'm moving to is (sort of) empty this afternoon. So I've been packing my boxes as planned today, and then moving and unpacking today! At least I'm getting lots of activity at work instead of just sitting at my desk. It's dead in the dept. this afternoon, only one other co-worker still here before the holiday weekend. Anyway...

Recap Th 8/30
    1) Walked dog before work ~ gorgeous morning! 3.27 mi 57:51 ~ a little short so I could do #2 below = happy dog B) & happy me B)
    2) Washed / hung 2 loads laundry outside before work / take down after work before leaving (see #3 below) :# Since sun didn't make appearance until late afternoon, had to throw some clothes in dryer before folding ~ can tell it's late summer.
    3) Usual breakfast, lunch & snacks prelogged / 10-12c water / tonight is another "Taste" event filled with food & adult beverage samples ~ this time downtown in 2 block area with 2 music stages ~ attending w/ friend(s) (not sure who's showing up) ~ will enjoy whatever samples I decide to try / not logging anything tonight (how could I?) + no regrets! Month end weigh in will be skewed + who cares? :smiley: 12c water. Arrived at Taste of Broadway hungry! Had a wonderful time enjoying food samples, adult beverages & music with my friends. <3 No regrets! :D
    4) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work ~ tomorrow is last day of workplace step challenge that started in April! = Wow, with dog walk, stairs breaks, laundry outside & street event, steps really add up! Fitbit 19,771 steps, 250+ steps 14/14 (boom!) & 37 floors :smiley:
    5) Floss :s / retainers :s / bed & TV off 11:00 :smiley: (walk dog before work F)

JFT F 8/31
    1) Walked dog before work & saw turkeys sitting on fence along conservancy, looked so funny! 3.58 mi 1:01:18 / stretched = happy dog B) & happy me B)
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work / pack up stuff in office for desk relocation on Tues.
    3) Eating up leftovers at home / meals & snacks prelogged / stick w/ plan & net calories green / > 10c water
    4) Unplug 9:30 / floss / retainers / bed & TV off 10:30 (farmers market in a.m.)

Sat. is middle brother's wedding. There will be lots of car time (est. 4-5 hours all-told) plus the ceremony plus the dinner and I have no idea about any reception (remarriage on both sides & they're trying to economize). Since all I know about the dinner is pulled pork, I will eat healthy for breakfast & early lunch, and bring snacks with me. My goals for Sat.: drink water, be pleasant & enjoy being with family. <3

Evening Snack Challenge ~ my goal to not snack past 9 p.m.
    1. Peanut M&Ms (wanted something sweet) when got home at 9pm
    2. 1 chocolate power muffin before 8:30
    3. 1/4c chicken salad after 9:00 (emotional eating) :s
    4. Peanut M&Ms 9pm
    5. Nothing after supper :star:
    6. Nothing after Feast w/ the Beasts ended at 8pm :p
    7. Late supper after spa/massage appt. & nothing after 8pm :smile:
    8. Nothing after supper :star:
    9. Brookside pomegranate dark chocolate at 8:30 (down in dumps) :s
    10. Animal crackers after 9pm :s
    11. Late supper after balloon ascension/glow followed by ice cream w/ hubby when we got home 9:30 :#
    12. Supper over at 8pm & had few peanut M&Ms later (not sure of time) :/
    13. 9 plain M&Ms after supper (counted three each red, white, blue) BEFORE 9 :smile:
    14. Unplanned frozen strawberry bar (80 cal) at 8pm, after supper & roses/garden work :smile:
    15. 3 animal crackers after 9pm & busy w/ household chores :p
    16. 10 peanut M&Ms after 9pm :s
    17. Brookside pomegranate dark chocolate after all chores done / past 9pm :s
    18. Napped in evening after family left, then had plain M&Ms after 9pm :s
    19. Nothing after supper :star: finally!
    20. Nothing after supper :star:
    21. Still hungry after supper & snacked on cashews (before 9pm) :#
    22. 4 animal crackers after happy hour at 6:45pm
    23. Very proud of myself ~ wanted to snack after supper in the worst way and did not! :star:
    24. Huge fail ~ snacked on veggie straws (too many!) after 9pm >:)
    25. Nothing after supper ~ I seem to alternate nothing w/ splurge :D
    26. 3 peanut M&Ms after 9pm :p
    27. Popcorn snack after work before supper but nothing after :D
    28. Nothing after supper :star:
    29. 8 pieces (1/2 portion) Brookside pomegranate dark chocolate at 8:30 ~ just really wanted taste of chocolate!
    30. Taste of Broadway for supper & adult beverages & still snacked when I got home around 8:30 ~ at least it was before 9pm! :D

Yayyyy!!!! YIPPIEEEEE!!!👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏🌹
  • Snowflake1968
    Options

Friday goals recap
    - morning workout ✅
    - Laundry ❎
    - Buy cocoa powder ✅
    - Cookery class! ✅
    - Early night ✅

Saturday goals
    - morning workout
    - laundry
    - finish name labels
    - freeze leftovers
    - birthday tea for niece
    - rest

What grade do you teach?

Year 1 (5-6 year olds). Lots of fun but very tiring! They transition from a more informal, free play style in Reception (age 4-5) to desk-based, formal learning in Year 1 and lots of them find the first term really hard.

But it’s a magic year too. Watching them really get the hang of reading and then learning to read for pleasure is pretty cool. They come in as babies and leave as confident little learners (hopefully!). X

I bet it's so rewarding. My grandson is going into Grade 2 here, he will be 7 on the 13th. It's remarkable what he accomplished last year with reading. No secrets by spelling words now LOL

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,199 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    @mytime6630 What's the next challenge!

Can you give me some ideas???? :D
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    8.31.18 Goals
    A bit different today as I am off from work.

10K steps 9510 and counting!
    No snacking had one banana and a garlic knot 🤷‍♀️
    Research a gym I think I found one! Here’s to hoping the times work out!

Food shopping yas
    Get boys haircuts they are so handsome right now
    Chotchkie repair did not go as expected.