Options

Replies

• maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    Can feel the excitement for the long weekend from across the pond! We had ours last weekend and now feels like we are hurtling towards the return to school at a terrifying pace. I’ve had all this time but I’m not quite ready!

Had a good day today. As my older daughter was on a sleepover yesterday and then went to cooking club with two friends, I did one for my youngest at home. We made two cakes (Victoria sponge and lemon) for my niece’s bday tomorrow, chocolate chunk cookies, fudge chip cookies, a loaf of bread and a humongous mac and cheese. Then picked up my older daughter and two of her friends and they all spent the afternoon together here. So some of the pasta and cookies have gone!

BUT I am literally staring at a pile of temptation. I have been avoiding it as I just don’t feel strong enough to moderate at the moment. Plus I ate all the food last weekend with the bf so can’t really justify it!

Friday goals recap
    - morning workout ✅
    - Laundry ❎
    - Cooking day! Make bread dough/cookie dough and leave to rise/chill ✅
    - Jog down to cafe for a coffee with the munchkin ❎ out of time, had to drive
    - Buy cocoa powder ✅
    - Cookery class! ✅
    - Pick up older daughter and her friend at 2:45 ✅
    - name labels on uniform/shoes - half ✅
    - Early night ✅

Saturday goals
    - morning workout
    - laundry
    - finish name labels
    - freeze leftovers
    - birthday tea for niece
    - stay within calorie goal
    - rest

Have a fantastic long weekend those who have it. I will be thinking of you @snowflake1968 - please keep us posted x

When does school go back for you? My grandson starts back on Tuesday.

Monday for us. I am excited but nervous about starting fresh with a new class. They always seem so small in the first half term!

What grade do you teach?

Year 1 (5-6 year olds). Lots of fun but very tiring! They transition from a more informal, free play style in Reception (age 4-5) to desk-based, formal learning in Year 1 and lots of them find the first term really hard.

But it’s a magic year too. Watching them really get the hang of reading and then learning to read for pleasure is pretty cool. They come in as babies and leave as confident little learners (hopefully!). X

I bet it's so rewarding. My grandson is going into Grade 2 here, he will be 7 on the 13th. It's remarkable what he accomplished last year with reading. No secrets by spelling words now LOL

@Snowflake1968 ... Lol…... I know what you mean.. Yes the spelling is out... The little darlings are sponges...lively and quick... I love that age💜
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    For today:
    30 minutes exercise ✅
    Track food and exercise ✅
    5 good groups ✅
    Water challenge-80 oz. ✅
    Gratitude: today I am thankful for the growing strength that allowed me to jog!
    Post here for accountability ✅

For tomorrow:
    30 minutes exercise
    Track food and exercise
    5 good groups
    Water challenge-80 oz.
    Daily gratitude
    Post here for accountability
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,734 Member
    Options
    jeschepp wrote: »
    Guys I jogged! Ahoy, I jog I'm a jogger I'm jogging (insert What About Bob reference here). Audible has released some free workout playlists for members, and one is a walk to run one-mile series. I did the first easy one last week, and playlists two and three are indoor workouts, so I skipped to four tonight. I've been doing 30 minute brisk walks a few times per week for a while, but holy cow Batman. This workout had me alternating 1-minute jogs with a few minute walk breaks in between for the first half, then alternating 30-second jog/walks for the second half. I bet I jogged a total of 8 minutes or so, which is a lot for me! Super sweaty with major tomato face at the end, but I did it! Was very proud of myself and had to share with my tribe :blush:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrbY4hsNh64

Woohooooooo!!!!!!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Guys I jogged! Ahoy, I jog I'm a jogger I'm jogging (insert What About Bob reference here). Audible has released some free workout playlists for members, and one is a walk to run one-mile series. I did the first easy one last week, and playlists two and three are indoor workouts, so I skipped to four tonight. I've been doing 30 minute brisk walks a few times per week for a while, but holy cow Batman. This workout had me alternating 1-minute jogs with a few minute walk breaks in between for the first half, then alternating 30-second jog/walks for the second half. I bet I jogged a total of 8 minutes or so, which is a lot for me! Super sweaty with major tomato face at the end, but I did it! Was very proud of myself and had to share with my tribe :blush:

Awesome job @jeschepp - you are right to be proud of yourself!
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I have hundreds of posts to read and no time to do it now, but the end of August has served as a wakeup call for me. I made no progress toward my fitness goals in August. I'm still trying to find a rhythm with my new job, but it's now been 6 weeks and it's time for me to get with the program again!

No more excuses! It's a new month (and a month in which I'm going to turn 44!) and it's time to get serious about moving in the right direction.

Goals for Saturday, 9/1:

1. Log all food eaten and stay under goal.
    2. Drink at least 8 cups of water before leaving for work at 3 pm.
    3. Yoga routine.
    4. Read Don Quixote for an hour before work.
    5. Make a food plan through Tuesday.
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Urgh, yesterday was awful and workload is terrible and as such haven't really wound down into weekend mode yet. Alcohol, a bath and meditation didn't do it! (I was nearly relaxed at the end of my bath but then remembered something else I have to worry about that's being forced on me at work and then got angry and wound up again).

Anyway, today am going to a wedding of two people that I actually genuinely like (as opposed to last weekend's wedding which was pretentious rich friends of boyfriend). I will be able to catch up with people I haven't seen for a while and it will be fun. Hopefully this will distract me so that I can properly enjoy my weekend! (And next week my direct report is back, so she can do some work... And so is my manager, so I can make him support me for a change)

Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Stick to food plan :neutral: Nearly.... I had one extra G&T and also a skinny cappuccino which I can't accounted for. Added up to c.150 kcals between the two
    - Eat slowly and mindfully :/
    - 3 bottles water :neutral: I finished the 3rd before breakfast... That counts right?!

- 30+ minute lunch break :smile:
    - Go nail varnish shopping! :smiley:
    - Meditate :smile:
    - Duolingo & French book :neutral: 1/2
    - Leave work by 6.15 pm :/ 7pm....

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Eat sensible portions, no snacking outside courses
    - Eat slowly and mindfully
    - 4 bottles water
    - Do workout DVD
    - Monthly goals
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    For the honorary aunts!
    wfczsbn9ucpj.jpg

OMGOODNESS!!!! I'M IN LOVE😇 She's adorable, beautiful. Thank you for sharing... I'm honored💝🌹
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    Hi everyone, I have hundreds of posts to read and no time to do it now, but the end of August has served as a wakeup call for me. I made no progress toward my fitness goals in August. I'm still trying to find a rhythm with my new job, but it's now been 6 weeks and it's time for me to get with the program again!

No more excuses! It's a new month (and a month in which I'm going to turn 44!) and it's time to get serious about moving in the right direction.

Goals for Saturday, 9/1:

1. Log all food eaten and stay under goal.
    2. Drink at least 8 cups of water before leaving for work at 3 pm.
    3. Yoga routine.
    4. Read Don Quixote for an hour before work.
    5. Make a food plan through Tuesday.

@nickssweetheart ... Hi beautiful! I missed ya! Welcome Home!
    The great thing is that you know you are back with family that loves you and are supportive.👏👏👏👏🌹🌹🌹
    Come on now, no looking back, enjoy your forward motion. You're young, vibrant and strong!! WE GOT THIS !!! YOU HAVE THIS!!!! YOU GO GIRRRRL!!
    I AM PROUD OF YOU💕
  • maryrobinson40
    Options

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏
    YIPPIEEEEE!!!! I'M TOTALLY HAPPY AND EXCITED FOR YOU SISTER!!!
    YESSSSSSS! YOU'RE BOSS!! YOU ROCK LIKE A DIAMOND!!!
    That's what I'm talking about... Proud of you💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Goals
    Saturday

There’s a birthday party for my husband’s twin siblings tonight at a fancy steakhouse so I’m gonna try a little bit of minor fasting this morning (very light eating)

I also downloaded an app to “Walk to Mordor” (cause I’m a nerd) so I want to log into that. You have to purposefully log so I have to purposefully walk!

10K steps
    Go for (and log) a proper walk
    Log fluid intake

Trader Joe’s run
    Finish folding laundry
    Buy fresh make-up

• PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    For the honorary aunts!
    wfczsbn9ucpj.jpg

She is like a little porcelain doll, so cute, and those eyes! 💕
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all the support! Love this group!

Goals
    Saturday

I also downloaded an app to “Walk to Mordor” (cause I’m a nerd) so I want to log into that. You have to purposefully log so I have to purposefully walk!

What is this magical app?! I need to find it!